Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Silly Pokemon Shiny Stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This happened to me a long time ago in whatever game Abomasnow was first released as a wild Pokémon... I found a random male shiny one without hunting for it, then proceeded to whittle it’s health down... after it kept using wood hammer and lowering its HP further and breaking out of ball after ball, MY GAME FROZE. I couldn’t believe it, I was sooooo mad. That’s the only shiny Pokémon I have EVER failed and all because the stupid game froze. Then again, my family isn’t exactly rich so I had to get a used copy of whatever game that was, all I remember is that it was DS and before Nintendo cut connections between DS and 3DS games... forgive me, I pretty much did my best to purge myself to not remember that time.
This happened to me a long time ago in whatever game Abomasnow was first released as a wild Pokémon... I found a random male shiny one without hunting for it, then proceeded to whittle it’s health down... after it kept using wood hammer and lowering its HP further and breaking out of ball after ball, MY GAME FROZE. I couldn’t believe it, I was sooooo mad. That’s the only shiny Pokémon I have EVER failed and all because the stupid game froze. Then again, my family isn’t exactly rich so I had to get a used copy of whatever game that was, all I remember is that it was DS and before Nintendo cut connections between DS and 3DS games... forgive me, I pretty much did my best to purge myself to not remember that time.
This user has Autism and epilepsy, please be nice to her.
My very first shiny encounter was a shiny Tentacool right outside Goldenrod in Pokemon Gold. I remember PANICKING HARD and turning off my gameboy immediately because I thought it was a glitch! I was so relieved when I restarted it to find that my save was still intact.

It wasn't until the remakes (HeartGold) came out and I got back into Pokemon that I realized that shiny pokemon were a thing lol. Which made absolutely no sense because Gold literally GIVES you a shiny Gyarados. I was a dense kid.
My very first shiny encounter was a shiny Tentacool right outside Goldenrod in Pokemon Gold. I remember PANICKING HARD and turning off my gameboy immediately because I thought it was a glitch! I was so relieved when I restarted it to find that my save was still intact.

It wasn't until the remakes (HeartGold) came out and I got back into Pokemon that I realized that shiny pokemon were a thing lol. Which made absolutely no sense because Gold literally GIVES you a shiny Gyarados. I was a dense kid.
td9UiZS.png
On Pokemon Let's Go, I beat the whole game without finding single shiny, and my mom found 2 before she even reached the rock tunnel.

Another story is when I was chaining for a shiny shinx in Diamond and I kept accidentally breaking my chain. I kept on doing it for so long that I eventually got a full odds shinx from a non shiny patch. I think the game gods were pitying me because I was just so terrible at chaining.
On Pokemon Let's Go, I beat the whole game without finding single shiny, and my mom found 2 before she even reached the rock tunnel.

Another story is when I was chaining for a shiny shinx in Diamond and I kept accidentally breaking my chain. I kept on doing it for so long that I eventually got a full odds shinx from a non shiny patch. I think the game gods were pitying me because I was just so terrible at chaining.
CLICK MY HECKING EGGS
... Please?
?k9XYy=party.png
I remember playing Pokemon Y while having a casual conversation with someone, which was haphazardly cut off when a shiny Spinda showed up out of nowhere. Thank goodness for Quick Balls, because my team would've annihilated it otherwise. Because shiny Spindas are green and tan, I named him Pistachio.

(There was also a time someone traded me a shiny Trevenant for a normal hecking Staravia??? Not in a Wonder Trade, either. They legit decided to give me a shiny in exchange for a Pokemon that you can get very, very easily. It was weird.)
I remember playing Pokemon Y while having a casual conversation with someone, which was haphazardly cut off when a shiny Spinda showed up out of nowhere. Thank goodness for Quick Balls, because my team would've annihilated it otherwise. Because shiny Spindas are green and tan, I named him Pistachio.

(There was also a time someone traded me a shiny Trevenant for a normal hecking Staravia??? Not in a Wonder Trade, either. They legit decided to give me a shiny in exchange for a Pokemon that you can get very, very easily. It was weird.)
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
I'm aro/ace
So give me some space
And flirt with somebody else
*finger guns*
I detest Stunfisk and the first shiny I got from the Ultra Wormhole was a Stunfisk -.-

I doubly don’t like it now because the shiny is blue and blue is my favourite colour and that is not allowed
I detest Stunfisk and the first shiny I got from the Ultra Wormhole was a Stunfisk -.-

I doubly don’t like it now because the shiny is blue and blue is my favourite colour and that is not allowed
I was Audino grinding in White 2 and trying to get the grass to shake by running alongside it. My finger slipped and I ran into the grass, and when trying to run back out, I ran into a shiny Watchog. At that point, the last wild shiny I'd caught was in Emerald in 2009.

I ran into a shiny Numel in Emerald, but the only Pokeball I had on me at the time was a repeat ball. Luckily I had caught a Numel for the Pokedex's sake earlier, so the repeat ball worked. I named her Lola and she became a permanent team member. She now lives on my Moon file and helps hatch eggs.

I bought a used copy of SoulSilver from Gamestop and on the file was a shiny Dragonite. Clearly hacked, as the place where it had been caught was a place where none of its evolutionary line could be found. There was also a shiny female Pikachu stuck on the Pokewalker, but I was able to find a way to get it back onto the file. Later transferred both to Moon, the shiny Pikachu is now a shiny Alolan Raichu.
I was Audino grinding in White 2 and trying to get the grass to shake by running alongside it. My finger slipped and I ran into the grass, and when trying to run back out, I ran into a shiny Watchog. At that point, the last wild shiny I'd caught was in Emerald in 2009.

I ran into a shiny Numel in Emerald, but the only Pokeball I had on me at the time was a repeat ball. Luckily I had caught a Numel for the Pokedex's sake earlier, so the repeat ball worked. I named her Lola and she became a permanent team member. She now lives on my Moon file and helps hatch eggs.

I bought a used copy of SoulSilver from Gamestop and on the file was a shiny Dragonite. Clearly hacked, as the place where it had been caught was a place where none of its evolutionary line could be found. There was also a shiny female Pikachu stuck on the Pokewalker, but I was able to find a way to get it back onto the file. Later transferred both to Moon, the shiny Pikachu is now a shiny Alolan Raichu.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
More name funny than actual haha funny.

My first ever shiny was a little shuppet I caught on emerald, but at the time, pre-teen me wasn't sure if it was actually a shiny. I ended up naming her SHINE, all caps, and dragged her all the way up through the generations. She's chilling on my ultra sun game as of now, with that same atrocious nickname. xD

My next natural shiny I caught by accident was a shiny jigglypuff in either BW or BW2 - I can't remember heh. I'd never trained a jigglypuff/wigglytuff so took little Pippin all the way to the E4. He's been moved onto my US as well!

Then on my first run through of XY, I found one of my favorite pokemon of ALL TIME as a shiny - a little solosis I named Jonas! ^-^

His nature and IVs were terrible I discovered upon bringing him over, but he's still one of my favorite babies.

Then I also managed to get lucky and got ANOTHER one of my favorite pokemon as shiny, in BW2! A little litwick I named Phineas. As my least favorite gen, gen5 has kinda been the kindest in terms of shinies.

Other than that, my silliest story was I was breeding a good pichu to send over to another one of my games, since I wanted to try and do a 'yellow' pokemon challenge - beat the game without letting my pikachu faint once. I had a shiny pichu all EV trained up and everything, but wanted a normal pichu instead, since I wasn't a major fan of the shiny version, and he was supposed to stay a pikachu the entire game anyway.

... Then, my first egg is a shiny pichu. It felt like fate dictated I use him then haha.
More name funny than actual haha funny.

My first ever shiny was a little shuppet I caught on emerald, but at the time, pre-teen me wasn't sure if it was actually a shiny. I ended up naming her SHINE, all caps, and dragged her all the way up through the generations. She's chilling on my ultra sun game as of now, with that same atrocious nickname. xD

My next natural shiny I caught by accident was a shiny jigglypuff in either BW or BW2 - I can't remember heh. I'd never trained a jigglypuff/wigglytuff so took little Pippin all the way to the E4. He's been moved onto my US as well!

Then on my first run through of XY, I found one of my favorite pokemon of ALL TIME as a shiny - a little solosis I named Jonas! ^-^

His nature and IVs were terrible I discovered upon bringing him over, but he's still one of my favorite babies.

Then I also managed to get lucky and got ANOTHER one of my favorite pokemon as shiny, in BW2! A little litwick I named Phineas. As my least favorite gen, gen5 has kinda been the kindest in terms of shinies.

Other than that, my silliest story was I was breeding a good pichu to send over to another one of my games, since I wanted to try and do a 'yellow' pokemon challenge - beat the game without letting my pikachu faint once. I had a shiny pichu all EV trained up and everything, but wanted a normal pichu instead, since I wasn't a major fan of the shiny version, and he was supposed to stay a pikachu the entire game anyway.

... Then, my first egg is a shiny pichu. It felt like fate dictated I use him then haha.
sig43_by_dingobreath-dc9xf8y.png
killed a shiny in pokemon gold.. my first shiny was a cascoon in ORAS. the cascoon appeared accidentally, when i had just started the game. i was showing my mom the thing where if you can find pokemon by searching, i clicked cascoon, went to the cascoon and it was shiny. i nearly killed it, but i got it. i think i traded it away though
killed a shiny in pokemon gold.. my first shiny was a cascoon in ORAS. the cascoon appeared accidentally, when i had just started the game. i was showing my mom the thing where if you can find pokemon by searching, i clicked cascoon, went to the cascoon and it was shiny. i nearly killed it, but i got it. i think i traded it away though
tumblr_ogz3ohToxS1rravn7o4_500.png
not my story, i dont rlly play pokemon but my friend was just starting out in let's go eevee
and one of the very first pokemon he found was a shiny caterpie
he named him sakura
not my story, i dont rlly play pokemon but my friend was just starting out in let's go eevee
and one of the very first pokemon he found was a shiny caterpie
he named him sakura
Call me Arish!
iuEBSJ3.pngXtVfqOH.pngCioCFC3.png
i once found two shiny kecleons just a few encounters apart in the friend safari and honestly i was disappointed
i once found two shiny kecleons just a few encounters apart in the friend safari and honestly i was disappointed
1205.png
Shardz #93701
mlHpBMC.png
szLFrpq.png
bYt72YT.png
X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

my memory is so bad that i hadn't changed this since march 28th which i only know because it was "happy birthday sora"

cleaning my lair, G1s for sale

0kkQE96.png
TW8ViqF.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
1206.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9