Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Terrible Teachers
1 2 3
In high school I was in the advanced English class. The teacher told our class that it was actually "art English" (it wasn't) and that every assignment turned in HAD to have drawings on the title page. I was and am terrible at art. She assured us that she wouldn't grade the drawings but the whole title page had to be covered in art. She lied. She absolutely graded those things and I basically failed every assignment.

She would kick at least one kid out of class every day for no reason. If someone asked a question about an assignment she would claim they were being a "smart aleck" and send them to the principal. When she'd buzz the office the secretary would audibly sigh over the system and say, "What is it now Ms Gregg?"

She also changed assignment guidelines the day we handed the assignments in. Yes, we'd do the assignments and on the day we handed them in she would announce that she had made some changes and we would be graded based on them. No, she wouldn't extend the deadline to allow us to fix our "mistakes."

She would also randomly hand out "morality quizzes" that were "just for fun" and she assured us we would not be graded on them. There were questions like the classic train one where you had to decide if you'd let the train hit one person or several. Another one I remember was if you were hiding from evil people and someone had a baby who was crying you had to decide if you would, well, "silence" the baby to save everyone or let it live and risk everyone dying. These aren't questions a teacher could possibly grade you on, right? Well, she definitely wasn't a teacher because she absolutely graded us on our answers based on her own sense of morality.

My entire class begged the principal to deal with her but he didn't until the end of the year where she was fired. Great for the next year, not so much for us. I received a 50 in that class (after getting a 49.9 and begging her to bump it up to 50 so I could pass) and my grades weren't good enough to continue in advanced English next year.

Oh and she wasn't fired for how she treated her students (including insulting kids in front of the class), she was fired because all her class averages were below failing.
In high school I was in the advanced English class. The teacher told our class that it was actually "art English" (it wasn't) and that every assignment turned in HAD to have drawings on the title page. I was and am terrible at art. She assured us that she wouldn't grade the drawings but the whole title page had to be covered in art. She lied. She absolutely graded those things and I basically failed every assignment.

She would kick at least one kid out of class every day for no reason. If someone asked a question about an assignment she would claim they were being a "smart aleck" and send them to the principal. When she'd buzz the office the secretary would audibly sigh over the system and say, "What is it now Ms Gregg?"

She also changed assignment guidelines the day we handed the assignments in. Yes, we'd do the assignments and on the day we handed them in she would announce that she had made some changes and we would be graded based on them. No, she wouldn't extend the deadline to allow us to fix our "mistakes."

She would also randomly hand out "morality quizzes" that were "just for fun" and she assured us we would not be graded on them. There were questions like the classic train one where you had to decide if you'd let the train hit one person or several. Another one I remember was if you were hiding from evil people and someone had a baby who was crying you had to decide if you would, well, "silence" the baby to save everyone or let it live and risk everyone dying. These aren't questions a teacher could possibly grade you on, right? Well, she definitely wasn't a teacher because she absolutely graded us on our answers based on her own sense of morality.

My entire class begged the principal to deal with her but he didn't until the end of the year where she was fired. Great for the next year, not so much for us. I received a 50 in that class (after getting a 49.9 and begging her to bump it up to 50 so I could pass) and my grades weren't good enough to continue in advanced English next year.

Oh and she wasn't fired for how she treated her students (including insulting kids in front of the class), she was fired because all her class averages were below failing.
I have many

Junior year of high school, History teacher. He was always off topic, talked about golf more than anything relevant, and was not opposed to publicly humiliating and insulting kids in class. (I remember when it happened to me, I'm still bitter) Basically everyone loved him anyway, despite the fact they were failing the class. Personally, I hated him.

Anyway about a month before Summer Break he got into a fist fight with a kid and got fired. I mentioned I was glad about that and was physically threatened by my entire class, terrifying me and making it the only day in my entire life I begged to go home because I feared for my life.

Anyway, back on topic, a sub came in for the rest of the year and everyone's grades went up. Gee, I wonder why.

There was also the art teacher who through a series of events I shall not type, drove me into a depression where I could not draw without crying for three years. And a Science teacher in senior year who lasted one whole day, who quit after a student, well, threatened his masculinity, so to speak.

It was actually hilarious and we stole his candy when we all went to class the next day since no one ever showed up. He was unfortunately replaced by another teacher I did not like.
I have many

Junior year of high school, History teacher. He was always off topic, talked about golf more than anything relevant, and was not opposed to publicly humiliating and insulting kids in class. (I remember when it happened to me, I'm still bitter) Basically everyone loved him anyway, despite the fact they were failing the class. Personally, I hated him.

Anyway about a month before Summer Break he got into a fist fight with a kid and got fired. I mentioned I was glad about that and was physically threatened by my entire class, terrifying me and making it the only day in my entire life I begged to go home because I feared for my life.

Anyway, back on topic, a sub came in for the rest of the year and everyone's grades went up. Gee, I wonder why.

There was also the art teacher who through a series of events I shall not type, drove me into a depression where I could not draw without crying for three years. And a Science teacher in senior year who lasted one whole day, who quit after a student, well, threatened his masculinity, so to speak.

It was actually hilarious and we stole his candy when we all went to class the next day since no one ever showed up. He was unfortunately replaced by another teacher I did not like.
I've gotten in trouble with teachers before, but to be honest I think the problem was me, not the teachers. Still, when I was in high school there was this one substitute everyone hated. She had a rather thick accent, so it was hard to understand what she said, and would get very upset if you asked her to repeat or clarify something. She followed the teacher's lesson plan TO THE LETTER, and refused to deviate from it NO MATTER WHAT, even if part of it was missing or obviously mispelled. She was also the kind of teacher who, when one or two kids are misbehaving, punishes the entire class. I think the school eventually fired her, or maybe she quit.
I've gotten in trouble with teachers before, but to be honest I think the problem was me, not the teachers. Still, when I was in high school there was this one substitute everyone hated. She had a rather thick accent, so it was hard to understand what she said, and would get very upset if you asked her to repeat or clarify something. She followed the teacher's lesson plan TO THE LETTER, and refused to deviate from it NO MATTER WHAT, even if part of it was missing or obviously mispelled. She was also the kind of teacher who, when one or two kids are misbehaving, punishes the entire class. I think the school eventually fired her, or maybe she quit.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
I go to an alternative school now, but my worst teacher probably had to be one I had 3 times a day in 8th grade.

He would berate me and insult me for no reason. The thing is he heavily favored my (at the time) best friend. And she didn't do a thing about it.
On many occasions, I would start crying at lunch (I had his class right before) and my friends would do nothing about it.

On a very specific occasion, the class hadn't started yet. My friends were across the room while I was at my desk. One of them said "Tall Boy" and I simply repeated it.
This was along the lines of his words,
"Rosella (not my real name), sometimes I wish you would just be quiet (I hadn't spoken before this)." I thought he was joking so I started smiling??
"This isn't funny. You really need to shut up,"
He said it loudly, so the whole class heard. I was publicly humiliated at 13 years old. It really messed you up.
Now at this point, I can't get anything done. This made me be late with the essay we were working on.
I started bawling in the lunchroom and I was taken to the guidance counselor and I told her everything between sobs. I couldn't tell her much because I was crying too hard.
I think he got in trouble with it because another time I was joking around with my best friend from before and he said something then immediately apologized.
I had this guy three times today. I luckily went to high school next year.
I go to an alternative school now, but my worst teacher probably had to be one I had 3 times a day in 8th grade.

He would berate me and insult me for no reason. The thing is he heavily favored my (at the time) best friend. And she didn't do a thing about it.
On many occasions, I would start crying at lunch (I had his class right before) and my friends would do nothing about it.

On a very specific occasion, the class hadn't started yet. My friends were across the room while I was at my desk. One of them said "Tall Boy" and I simply repeated it.
This was along the lines of his words,
"Rosella (not my real name), sometimes I wish you would just be quiet (I hadn't spoken before this)." I thought he was joking so I started smiling??
"This isn't funny. You really need to shut up,"
He said it loudly, so the whole class heard. I was publicly humiliated at 13 years old. It really messed you up.
Now at this point, I can't get anything done. This made me be late with the essay we were working on.
I started bawling in the lunchroom and I was taken to the guidance counselor and I told her everything between sobs. I couldn't tell her much because I was crying too hard.
I think he got in trouble with it because another time I was joking around with my best friend from before and he said something then immediately apologized.
I had this guy three times today. I luckily went to high school next year.
[quote name="Enigmadoodles" date="2019-02-22 13:10:10" ] I have many Junior year of high school, History teacher. He was always off topic, talked about golf more than anything relevant, and was not opposed to publicly humiliating and insulting kids in class. (I remember when it happened to me, I'm still bitter) Basically everyone loved him anyway, despite the fact they were failing the class. Personally, I hated him. [/quote] This was literally my algebra teacher in 6th grade. To the point (he would literally skip school and conferences to golf) He barely recognized me in 7th or 8th and threw garbage at me to throw away in 8th grade.
Enigmadoodles wrote on 2019-02-22 13:10:10:
I have many

This was literally my algebra teacher in 6th grade. To the point (he would literally skip school and conferences to golf)
He barely recognized me in 7th or 8th and threw garbage at me to throw away in 8th grade.
I have a slightly transphobic teacher and I feel like she hates me because I changed my name to Cody and stuff and just,, wow I love this :,)
I have a slightly transphobic teacher and I feel like she hates me because I changed my name to Cody and stuff and just,, wow I love this :,)
My primary 6 teacher was... not great

I've always been a good reader, and in the system they used to use for primary school report cards here I was usually two levels above average for reading- I learned to read when I was 3 or 4, and I got a good head start on that. But when I got to primary 6 (around 10 years old), my reading grade fell a lot because I never updated my "reading diary" or whatever the heck. I read the whole time when I was a kid, too much to log in a little book, so I never logged it and so the teacher marked me down.
She also told me about halfway through the year I wasn't allowed to hyperfixate on dogs, even though my ******* brain likes to pick a thing and think about nothing else for years at a time,
She didn't care that my story was probably the longest of the class and that I poured my poor little 10 year old heart and soul into it and instead decided to. deprive me of the ability to hyperfixate. which has not "helped" me at all because at the moment I am in JJBA hell-
My primary 6 teacher was... not great

I've always been a good reader, and in the system they used to use for primary school report cards here I was usually two levels above average for reading- I learned to read when I was 3 or 4, and I got a good head start on that. But when I got to primary 6 (around 10 years old), my reading grade fell a lot because I never updated my "reading diary" or whatever the heck. I read the whole time when I was a kid, too much to log in a little book, so I never logged it and so the teacher marked me down.
She also told me about halfway through the year I wasn't allowed to hyperfixate on dogs, even though my ******* brain likes to pick a thing and think about nothing else for years at a time,
She didn't care that my story was probably the longest of the class and that I poured my poor little 10 year old heart and soul into it and instead decided to. deprive me of the ability to hyperfixate. which has not "helped" me at all because at the moment I am in JJBA hell-
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
Worst was a film instructor.

His film work was crap, and he played favorites with the class. I asked to withdraw and he slapped me with an F, so I gave him one on Rate My Professor. I'll never forget he said my idea for a project was "sh***y,", and when another person in the class had the same exact plot for her proj, he said it was a "fantastic" idea, and I wasn't the only one who noticed.

Then a military class instructor who hazed people regularly.She was literally like the gonzo warden in Unbroken, except she wasn't allowed to hit people, and I was literally the Louie to her Mutsu. Got her just desserts though, I remember meeting with a cadet years later after I switched colleges, and he said she was canned. Good.
Hope CPT is enjoying her stained record, while the kindly old Major has her job now.
Worst was a film instructor.

His film work was crap, and he played favorites with the class. I asked to withdraw and he slapped me with an F, so I gave him one on Rate My Professor. I'll never forget he said my idea for a project was "sh***y,", and when another person in the class had the same exact plot for her proj, he said it was a "fantastic" idea, and I wasn't the only one who noticed.

Then a military class instructor who hazed people regularly.She was literally like the gonzo warden in Unbroken, except she wasn't allowed to hit people, and I was literally the Louie to her Mutsu. Got her just desserts though, I remember meeting with a cadet years later after I switched colleges, and he said she was canned. Good.
Hope CPT is enjoying her stained record, while the kindly old Major has her job now.
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
mine isn't as... bad? i think as the others in this thread because i've never really had a teacher that disliked me (besides one but that was mostly because i acted up in that class because i used to be really upset when doing writing assignments) or did anything bad, matter of fact i trust my teachers a lot and i talk to em when i need help

the exception to this is one of my 4th grade teachers. while i didn't have any issues with her personally (in fact i liked her and she was nice to me) the problem arose when she had a talk with my mom on parent-teacher conference day.

quick note, i have asperger's syndrome, which is considered a form of high-functioning autism. this was especially evident during my early elementary years as i lacked certain social standards and it caused me to be quite the problem child in school back then (i had gotten quite a bit better by the 4th grade)
this information was known to all my teachers as i had it on my psychiatric notes and i was also in the gifted program

anyway, my mom had a conference with this teacher (she was my math teacher) and since i've always struggled in math i guess they had a nice convo about that? also they talked about my behavior and specifically regarding my asperger's

so my mom came home and she was. a n g e r y.
and i thought i did something bad and was in trouble but she told me i wasn't so i was just. really confused and just assumed something bad happened coming home (my mom has some pretty loud road rage lol)

later on, long after i graduated elementary my mom and i were casually talking about my teachers. i asked about this teacher and my mom goes "oh her? i didn't like her." and i asked her why bc i always thought she was nice.

turns out at that conference the teacher had noted her dislike of teaching kids with autism and she told mom something along the lines of "i don't deal with autistic kids." mom was livid. i was shocked at what she told me and i KNOW my mom doesn't lie so i was just. dumbfounded and angry.

iirc the teacher left on her own accord that year (after it was over) so i never saw her again in 5th grade. now that i know what she said to my mom i'm glad she's gone. hopefully she's not teaching at another school.
mine isn't as... bad? i think as the others in this thread because i've never really had a teacher that disliked me (besides one but that was mostly because i acted up in that class because i used to be really upset when doing writing assignments) or did anything bad, matter of fact i trust my teachers a lot and i talk to em when i need help

the exception to this is one of my 4th grade teachers. while i didn't have any issues with her personally (in fact i liked her and she was nice to me) the problem arose when she had a talk with my mom on parent-teacher conference day.

quick note, i have asperger's syndrome, which is considered a form of high-functioning autism. this was especially evident during my early elementary years as i lacked certain social standards and it caused me to be quite the problem child in school back then (i had gotten quite a bit better by the 4th grade)
this information was known to all my teachers as i had it on my psychiatric notes and i was also in the gifted program

anyway, my mom had a conference with this teacher (she was my math teacher) and since i've always struggled in math i guess they had a nice convo about that? also they talked about my behavior and specifically regarding my asperger's

so my mom came home and she was. a n g e r y.
and i thought i did something bad and was in trouble but she told me i wasn't so i was just. really confused and just assumed something bad happened coming home (my mom has some pretty loud road rage lol)

later on, long after i graduated elementary my mom and i were casually talking about my teachers. i asked about this teacher and my mom goes "oh her? i didn't like her." and i asked her why bc i always thought she was nice.

turns out at that conference the teacher had noted her dislike of teaching kids with autism and she told mom something along the lines of "i don't deal with autistic kids." mom was livid. i was shocked at what she told me and i KNOW my mom doesn't lie so i was just. dumbfounded and angry.

iirc the teacher left on her own accord that year (after it was over) so i never saw her again in 5th grade. now that i know what she said to my mom i'm glad she's gone. hopefully she's not teaching at another school.
shira // any pronouns // // +3 FR time
kirby.gif
Not necessarily a teacher, but the school's guidance counselor. I had just been diagnosed with social anxiety and I suffered from severe panic attacks. I felt one coming on and asked to see the counselor. After going to his office, he barely payed any notice to me and when I said I couldn't continue the day, he told be to suck it up. I knew my limits and after a full on panic attack I wouldn't be able to manage the rest of the day. He wouldn't let me go to the main office or call my mom to pick me up either. He was pretty useless.
Not necessarily a teacher, but the school's guidance counselor. I had just been diagnosed with social anxiety and I suffered from severe panic attacks. I felt one coming on and asked to see the counselor. After going to his office, he barely payed any notice to me and when I said I couldn't continue the day, he told be to suck it up. I knew my limits and after a full on panic attack I wouldn't be able to manage the rest of the day. He wouldn't let me go to the main office or call my mom to pick me up either. He was pretty useless.
Mira | He/They | FR +14
1 2 3