Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Terrible Teachers
1 2 3
Ferguson @QueenKatoe
Ferguson @QueenKatoe
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gif Cora Genderfluid INFP Leo
Hatchery
My Photography
Tumblr
Join My Discord!
Spotify
Pinterest
@DraconisFilia pfft youre not wrong
also ahmadi and clem? our math department is crap
@DraconisFilia pfft youre not wrong
also ahmadi and clem? our math department is crap
queen_katoe.gif
@QueenKatoe well, they're both easy A-s (A's? As? ????)
@QueenKatoe well, they're both easy A-s (A's? As? ????)
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gif Cora Genderfluid INFP Leo
Hatchery
My Photography
Tumblr
Join My Discord!
Spotify
Pinterest
I've mostly had terrible gym teachers. In 5th grade a gym teacher ignored me having an asthma attack because I didn't "say I needed to go to a nurse." He eventually got fired because of it.
I've mostly had terrible gym teachers. In 5th grade a gym teacher ignored me having an asthma attack because I didn't "say I needed to go to a nurse." He eventually got fired because of it.
kEygMJz.png
@LordOmmadon GOOD! (Good he got fired, not good you were having an asthma attack aaa) My spine was collapsing onto my organs in freshman year (I got surgery don't worry), so I was just extremely weak and pathetic in PE. And my young, mid 20's teacher chirped, "Just try and push yourself a little more, sweetie! You're not trying hard enough!" Meanwhile, im dying. XD

@QueenKatoe @Draconisfilia Why's it always math teachers? Gross.

@Sherlovi Oh.. that's just unfair. That teacher, no matter what was going on in their lives, was just being a huge a-hole. They had no sense of empathy or curiosity. Sure, if it was obvious someone wasn't trying hard enough, you can have a disdain for them. But you have to offer them help and try to find out what they're struggling with! You can't just belittle them and act like they're dumb, you're the person that's supposed to help them! Ugh. School.

@MusicMiner Yeah, I know a lot of teachers have stuff happening behind the scenes that aren't great, but when a French teacher assigns me 18 french assignments to do in the span of 2 weeks when I've been out for 2 months on medical leave.. Yeah, I'm not feeling as empathetic.

@Lunalatic I had an old gym teacher that would do that for my class. But, uh, she got fired in the middle of the year. So, that happened XD The substitute was suuuper nice, though!

@Mokuba Oh.. oh geez. While I could preach about always asking for help from teachers, they're here to help you, etc etc, I can relate to the feeling. I just hope you don't have to get yourself sick to get out of that :(

@Tivae UGHHHH.. I had a geometry teacher last year that did that. Which is why I had to retake geometry. I'm lower in math than everyone else, and it's rather uncomfortable. But, at least my geometry teacher this year is super kind and competent. Hopefully you can survive her class for a few more months

@Rannael PFF. He's just too scared to say anything in fear of losing his job. "ShE'S vErY TalEnTeD," 10/10 would blackmail teacher with fear again

@NVDragon yeet! >:3
@LordOmmadon GOOD! (Good he got fired, not good you were having an asthma attack aaa) My spine was collapsing onto my organs in freshman year (I got surgery don't worry), so I was just extremely weak and pathetic in PE. And my young, mid 20's teacher chirped, "Just try and push yourself a little more, sweetie! You're not trying hard enough!" Meanwhile, im dying. XD

@QueenKatoe @Draconisfilia Why's it always math teachers? Gross.

@Sherlovi Oh.. that's just unfair. That teacher, no matter what was going on in their lives, was just being a huge a-hole. They had no sense of empathy or curiosity. Sure, if it was obvious someone wasn't trying hard enough, you can have a disdain for them. But you have to offer them help and try to find out what they're struggling with! You can't just belittle them and act like they're dumb, you're the person that's supposed to help them! Ugh. School.

@MusicMiner Yeah, I know a lot of teachers have stuff happening behind the scenes that aren't great, but when a French teacher assigns me 18 french assignments to do in the span of 2 weeks when I've been out for 2 months on medical leave.. Yeah, I'm not feeling as empathetic.

@Lunalatic I had an old gym teacher that would do that for my class. But, uh, she got fired in the middle of the year. So, that happened XD The substitute was suuuper nice, though!

@Mokuba Oh.. oh geez. While I could preach about always asking for help from teachers, they're here to help you, etc etc, I can relate to the feeling. I just hope you don't have to get yourself sick to get out of that :(

@Tivae UGHHHH.. I had a geometry teacher last year that did that. Which is why I had to retake geometry. I'm lower in math than everyone else, and it's rather uncomfortable. But, at least my geometry teacher this year is super kind and competent. Hopefully you can survive her class for a few more months

@Rannael PFF. He's just too scared to say anything in fear of losing his job. "ShE'S vErY TalEnTeD," 10/10 would blackmail teacher with fear again

@NVDragon yeet! >:3
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
My music teacher. She legit screeched at me for wearing my coat. I WAS C O L D
My music teacher. She legit screeched at me for wearing my coat. I WAS C O L D
Hello LGBT Community
From another thread: [quote name="Drag0n5" date="2018-07-27 23:16:28" ] I'm no longer in school but I used to do AP Science but had to leave the next term because my grades weren't that good despite science being one of my favorite subjects. I blame the instrumental music class that I also had because the instrument I was learning had their scheduled lesson on Wednesdays during science. Later when we were finally able to choose our own classes I dropped instrumental music and science (but only because there was another class I wanted that was on at the same time). For a few years (until yr 12) I was happy with what I picked but then our school had to lose one of the subjects I was doing and was replaced with business, at first business was okay but it just wasn't my thing. Business was really boring and way too similar to a class I had the year before which made it hard for me to focus but I stayed anyway, a few months in the teacher starts picking me out because I was being late (something that I can't control) almost everyday and because my work with our current project wasn't that good (but I did try to fix that). Later in the year he complains that I smell even though I had showers every night and washed my cloths + put on deodorant every day, near the end of the year when we were finishing our last projects and fixing minor mistakes he comes to me saying that I have to redo the entire first term of work because there were too many mistakes despite the fact that he was the one who checked over our work and had said mine was good. [/quote]
From another thread:
Drag0n5 wrote on 2018-07-27 23:16:28:
I'm no longer in school but I used to do AP Science but had to leave the next term because my grades weren't that good despite science being one of my favorite subjects. I blame the instrumental music class that I also had because the instrument I was learning had their scheduled lesson on Wednesdays during science. Later when we were finally able to choose our own classes I dropped instrumental music and science (but only because there was another class I wanted that was on at the same time). For a few years (until yr 12) I was happy with what I picked but then our school had to lose one of the subjects I was doing and was replaced with business, at first business was okay but it just wasn't my thing. Business was really boring and way too similar to a class I had the year before which made it hard for me to focus but I stayed anyway, a few months in the teacher starts picking me out because I was being late (something that I can't control) almost everyday and because my work with our current project wasn't that good (but I did try to fix that). Later in the year he complains that I smell even though I had showers every night and washed my cloths + put on deodorant every day, near the end of the year when we were finishing our last projects and fixing minor mistakes he comes to me saying that I have to redo the entire first term of work because there were too many mistakes despite the fact that he was the one who checked over our work and had said mine was good.
3YVdS.gifnVsDK.giftkcez.gifbja3g.gifIzYqF.gif
I once had a band teacher who every other teacher hated. Let me explain.

So the chorus of my school, the one I was in anyways, was really good. We regularly got golds in the state competitions and the select chorus (which I was also a part of) got a ton of platinums. And we got these scores using music ment for kids in highschool! It was great, filled with so many wonderfully talented people, and I really loved it!

Now, I was also in band for my first year in middle school, and it was terrible. I'm fairly sure the teacher assumed that, because the chorus got such a high scores with such hard music, then we could do the same.

We could not.

We sucked so much, it was the inside joke of the whole grade. No one really tried that hard because of it, and it was this vicious cycle. I myself never actually learned how to play my instrument (clarinet) because I learned by listening and couldn't read notes.

And I think my teacher was mad at us for it? She never yelled at me personally, but she yelled at the entire band a lot. I think she had anger issues, because she threw things at people a lot. It was mainly pencils and markers, but at one point she threw a shoe, and another time she launched a stand at someone. I quit, to say the least. Haven't been in a band since.

I also had a drama teacher who thought she could train a bunch of 9-14 year olds to be professional actors and threw fits when we acted like children because we were, well, children. But she retired the year before my last year and my chorus teacher took over. Much better tbh.

She also did nothing but Shakespeare plays, so there's that.
I once had a band teacher who every other teacher hated. Let me explain.

So the chorus of my school, the one I was in anyways, was really good. We regularly got golds in the state competitions and the select chorus (which I was also a part of) got a ton of platinums. And we got these scores using music ment for kids in highschool! It was great, filled with so many wonderfully talented people, and I really loved it!

Now, I was also in band for my first year in middle school, and it was terrible. I'm fairly sure the teacher assumed that, because the chorus got such a high scores with such hard music, then we could do the same.

We could not.

We sucked so much, it was the inside joke of the whole grade. No one really tried that hard because of it, and it was this vicious cycle. I myself never actually learned how to play my instrument (clarinet) because I learned by listening and couldn't read notes.

And I think my teacher was mad at us for it? She never yelled at me personally, but she yelled at the entire band a lot. I think she had anger issues, because she threw things at people a lot. It was mainly pencils and markers, but at one point she threw a shoe, and another time she launched a stand at someone. I quit, to say the least. Haven't been in a band since.

I also had a drama teacher who thought she could train a bunch of 9-14 year olds to be professional actors and threw fits when we acted like children because we were, well, children. But she retired the year before my last year and my chorus teacher took over. Much better tbh.

She also did nothing but Shakespeare plays, so there's that.
There was a time he thought a single
sword could save the kingdom. A
time, all regrets were yet far away...
Last year I had a US history teacher and......not only did i hate her
she didn't make it to the end of the year
All her classes hated her. We'd be fine if she was trying to teach us, but some kids did terrible with notes. I did great on tests and stuff but graded notes? i never learned how to do notes. I didn't do well with graded notes. Or study guides. She couldn't figure out how i did well enough to pass.
She also literally screamed people awake. It was such a painful class, she was too boring to pay attention to when she taught, but a lot of that time was her complaining We Weren't Paying Attention anyways so we just ?????
also she gave us two-question quizzes
And then she began teaching us about the discrimination in early times. You see, she pointed out Who Would've Been Discriminated Against in those times.
Someone got upset by this. She wasn't here to give out the midterm studyguide.
She didn't even bother unlocking it for us. Actually I don't think she was able to in the first place because she got suspended, but all the other teachers gave midterm studyguides weeks ahead of time
we took midterms without any form of studyguide
When she came back on the day of midterms she gave us a speech about how if we didn't like something she did, we could bring it up with her.
After winter break we never saw her again. Pretty sure she got fired

--

Diff history teacher now, sophomore year this time

So there was a teacher that used to be a librarian. The library got removed because the whole school went digital, but they couldn't get rid of the teacher. They put her in history. I got this teacher sophomore year.
She was terrible. She gave us study guides filled with nothing related to tests.
She graded notes. I took no notes. Before the first quiz, she told me she expected me to fail. I did not fail. I got one of the best grades in the class. She was Surprised.
But no one likes this teacher and it's more than just the notes. She gave us a project once that would take at least a week. It was due in three days.
No one finished it and asked for extensions, the teacher blamed it on the class
For midterms she gives an 11+ page studyguide. My friend is panicking because it's too long. Im just here like "nothing on the studyguides were on the other tests" and told people not to do it. The teacher told us her other class got 70s and below
I was right about the studyguide being absolutely useless. Nothing on it was on the midterms. I got a 95. By writing an essay about the three popes that excommunicated each other. This was not on the studyguide
This confused the teacher because how am I doing great with no notes and no studying? i didn't know either
But the thing that everyone hated her the most for was
Giving us homework during spring break. We had to make a boardgame thing and she made us do it over spring break. When we asked about if any of her other classes had to work during spring break
Her classes in previous years didn't. Her other class didn't. No one did the project during break.

As far as I know, she only teaches French now.

I just had terrible luck with history teachers rip
Last year I had a US history teacher and......not only did i hate her
she didn't make it to the end of the year
All her classes hated her. We'd be fine if she was trying to teach us, but some kids did terrible with notes. I did great on tests and stuff but graded notes? i never learned how to do notes. I didn't do well with graded notes. Or study guides. She couldn't figure out how i did well enough to pass.
She also literally screamed people awake. It was such a painful class, she was too boring to pay attention to when she taught, but a lot of that time was her complaining We Weren't Paying Attention anyways so we just ?????
also she gave us two-question quizzes
And then she began teaching us about the discrimination in early times. You see, she pointed out Who Would've Been Discriminated Against in those times.
Someone got upset by this. She wasn't here to give out the midterm studyguide.
She didn't even bother unlocking it for us. Actually I don't think she was able to in the first place because she got suspended, but all the other teachers gave midterm studyguides weeks ahead of time
we took midterms without any form of studyguide
When she came back on the day of midterms she gave us a speech about how if we didn't like something she did, we could bring it up with her.
After winter break we never saw her again. Pretty sure she got fired

--

Diff history teacher now, sophomore year this time

So there was a teacher that used to be a librarian. The library got removed because the whole school went digital, but they couldn't get rid of the teacher. They put her in history. I got this teacher sophomore year.
She was terrible. She gave us study guides filled with nothing related to tests.
She graded notes. I took no notes. Before the first quiz, she told me she expected me to fail. I did not fail. I got one of the best grades in the class. She was Surprised.
But no one likes this teacher and it's more than just the notes. She gave us a project once that would take at least a week. It was due in three days.
No one finished it and asked for extensions, the teacher blamed it on the class
For midterms she gives an 11+ page studyguide. My friend is panicking because it's too long. Im just here like "nothing on the studyguides were on the other tests" and told people not to do it. The teacher told us her other class got 70s and below
I was right about the studyguide being absolutely useless. Nothing on it was on the midterms. I got a 95. By writing an essay about the three popes that excommunicated each other. This was not on the studyguide
This confused the teacher because how am I doing great with no notes and no studying? i didn't know either
But the thing that everyone hated her the most for was
Giving us homework during spring break. We had to make a boardgame thing and she made us do it over spring break. When we asked about if any of her other classes had to work during spring break
Her classes in previous years didn't. Her other class didn't. No one did the project during break.

As far as I know, she only teaches French now.

I just had terrible luck with history teachers rip
Josie | He/Him | Nonbinary
looking for Rainbows, Eyeburners, and/or Dragons for Skins!
kwlcS.gif GmOoG.gif
5th grade science teacher who made us earn fake money so we could pay rent for our desks. Dude, I think 5th grade is a BIT early to be teaching kids about rent money.

High school chemistry teacher whose entire curriculum was making us fill out packets and watch PBS documentaries on science. We did, like, three chemistry related things throughout the entire semester.

Community college world history teacher who was incredibly boring, I was falling asleep more during her class than any other class I've been in, and who was constantly mad at us because our class had only 8 people (this was a 6 week summer course)

5th grade science teacher who made us earn fake money so we could pay rent for our desks. Dude, I think 5th grade is a BIT early to be teaching kids about rent money.

High school chemistry teacher whose entire curriculum was making us fill out packets and watch PBS documentaries on science. We did, like, three chemistry related things throughout the entire semester.

Community college world history teacher who was incredibly boring, I was falling asleep more during her class than any other class I've been in, and who was constantly mad at us because our class had only 8 people (this was a 6 week summer course)

Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
1 2 3