Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things That 'Don't Exist'
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I never had such a thing happen, but I heard of it. Basically, an older woman was going through some of her childhood stuff, when she found a cassette of a kid show she used to love watching with the neighbour's kid. The cassette wasn't working anymore, so she tried to find a replacement, just to realise that, apparently, it never existed. Wherever she looked, she couldn't find anything about it, neither could her old friend.

I don't know from where I got this but it struck me as so peculiar that I'm still occasionally thinking about it. If I would ever find something like this, I'd try to put it somewhere on the net, a blog or something, so it can always be found. I find it somewhat sad when works get completely lost and forgotten.
I never had such a thing happen, but I heard of it. Basically, an older woman was going through some of her childhood stuff, when she found a cassette of a kid show she used to love watching with the neighbour's kid. The cassette wasn't working anymore, so she tried to find a replacement, just to realise that, apparently, it never existed. Wherever she looked, she couldn't find anything about it, neither could her old friend.

I don't know from where I got this but it struck me as so peculiar that I'm still occasionally thinking about it. If I would ever find something like this, I'd try to put it somewhere on the net, a blog or something, so it can always be found. I find it somewhat sad when works get completely lost and forgotten.
I believe I've once seen a children's educational DVD that never exists, though I'm not too sure about it. It looked rather low-quality, and had things ranging from sea animals to early mathematics. I've been trying to find it for forever now, and I'm not sure if it even exists. All I can remember is that it has the word "WONDER" in the title, and the intro was most likely stock footage of clouds.

Another thing I've been literally trying to find since I was 6 years old is this old kids game that I probably hated back then. I don't remember if it was about Dragon Tales or had an original cast, but I can remember it was educational, and had "COMBO" in the title. I don't remember much else of it, as all I remember was the cover for it. Now, I'm not sure if it even exists, and it might have been all my imagination. Please notify me if you've heard of this abomination of a kids game, I really want to know if it's real or not.
I believe I've once seen a children's educational DVD that never exists, though I'm not too sure about it. It looked rather low-quality, and had things ranging from sea animals to early mathematics. I've been trying to find it for forever now, and I'm not sure if it even exists. All I can remember is that it has the word "WONDER" in the title, and the intro was most likely stock footage of clouds.

Another thing I've been literally trying to find since I was 6 years old is this old kids game that I probably hated back then. I don't remember if it was about Dragon Tales or had an original cast, but I can remember it was educational, and had "COMBO" in the title. I don't remember much else of it, as all I remember was the cover for it. Now, I'm not sure if it even exists, and it might have been all my imagination. Please notify me if you've heard of this abomination of a kids game, I really want to know if it's real or not.
878584135_1829673.gif878584629_1066397.gif878584702_1112290.gif878584748_1894256.gif878584793_1237050.gif
Heh, how odd - a shared false memory, perhaps? It's highly unlikely but our brains can be awfully strange.

This wasn't a book, nor a piece of media, but I vividly remember that the animatronic clock located inside of the local town centre used to be different, I was sure that the current design was a replacement of the original version that I recalled (well, it's more of an automaton, but that's irrelevant).

I could remember everything, right down to the intricate details; A few months ago, I bought this up nostalgically with my mother, who also remembered what I had described. Later that day I went on to do a bit of research on the clock, hoping to: 1. find more information and 2. bring back memories.

It turns out that there was no such version, and that the clock that exists now has been there before I was even born. Moreover, I couldn't find any evidence of a clock close to what I had remembered.

Needless to say, it was a confusing experience.
Heh, how odd - a shared false memory, perhaps? It's highly unlikely but our brains can be awfully strange.

This wasn't a book, nor a piece of media, but I vividly remember that the animatronic clock located inside of the local town centre used to be different, I was sure that the current design was a replacement of the original version that I recalled (well, it's more of an automaton, but that's irrelevant).

I could remember everything, right down to the intricate details; A few months ago, I bought this up nostalgically with my mother, who also remembered what I had described. Later that day I went on to do a bit of research on the clock, hoping to: 1. find more information and 2. bring back memories.

It turns out that there was no such version, and that the clock that exists now has been there before I was even born. Moreover, I couldn't find any evidence of a clock close to what I had remembered.

Needless to say, it was a confusing experience.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
I have something like this, I have dreams sometimes about a game where you live as a kid in a city in the sky, whenever I wake up i'm always completely convinced its a real game I played as a kid
I have something like this, I have dreams sometimes about a game where you live as a kid in a city in the sky, whenever I wake up i'm always completely convinced its a real game I played as a kid
Kay so *clap* there's a third one:

When I was ~7 there was this book about dragons, I only read a little bit of it because it was like demonic. I looked it up like five months ago, nothing came up. I looked up everything that I remember from it, in case I remember the title wrong, but no. It did not exist.
Kay so *clap* there's a third one:

When I was ~7 there was this book about dragons, I only read a little bit of it because it was like demonic. I looked it up like five months ago, nothing came up. I looked up everything that I remember from it, in case I remember the title wrong, but no. It did not exist.
It may have been a personal book that somehow ended up being given away. Perhaps someone in their family wrote it, and eventually it ended up with you.

There is a song I hear at work every day that, no matter who I ask or how many of the lyrics I look up, I cannot find the name of. Sadly, the Internet still has a lot of growing to do~
It may have been a personal book that somehow ended up being given away. Perhaps someone in their family wrote it, and eventually it ended up with you.

There is a song I hear at work every day that, no matter who I ask or how many of the lyrics I look up, I cannot find the name of. Sadly, the Internet still has a lot of growing to do~
Similar to what others have said- if I could remember their names I could list to you an entire documentary of cartoons and such ive seen as a child that I remember so vividly, but no matter how many things I look up to find even the faintest speck of a Google answer, nothing shows up- it's almost as if visiting another dimension was possible
Similar to what others have said- if I could remember their names I could list to you an entire documentary of cartoons and such ive seen as a child that I remember so vividly, but no matter how many things I look up to find even the faintest speck of a Google answer, nothing shows up- it's almost as if visiting another dimension was possible
5409.png
"Do not let it win. Do not give in. Do not assimilate."

34821.png
I had this funny experience with South Florida folk knowledge lol
Eventually on Google I was able to find what Johnny Depp's middle school was but it took a lot of ******* digging because you can only really find it if you already know the answer, which I did

Another tidbit I can not find on Google is that Green Iguanas eat Florida Burrowing eggs, something I've heard for years but can't find online. It is true though, and a few months ago I found it again at the Audubon Society's booth at my college for Earth Day (and took pictures so I can finally have a source for it lol). However, it's about how a geographically limited invasive species (Green Iguana) interacts with a very specific subspecies (Florida Burrowing Owl), so it just... isn't applicable enough to most audiences make it on Google.

The thing is, and especially with say older books and music, humans are **** at documenting knowledge. Some societies leave a lot of documentation, and then some leave almost no primary sources and just get... lost. And I think because I'm so passionate about things like the Runes with so much ******* lost information I just find it weird that so many people see not having access to information as it being ethereal, otherworldly or straight up not real. More history is lost than preserved and documented.

Though I do have a lot of experiences that straight up don't exist, but that's a whole other can of worms, more along the lines of false memories as someone said...
I had this funny experience with South Florida folk knowledge lol
Eventually on Google I was able to find what Johnny Depp's middle school was but it took a lot of ******* digging because you can only really find it if you already know the answer, which I did

Another tidbit I can not find on Google is that Green Iguanas eat Florida Burrowing eggs, something I've heard for years but can't find online. It is true though, and a few months ago I found it again at the Audubon Society's booth at my college for Earth Day (and took pictures so I can finally have a source for it lol). However, it's about how a geographically limited invasive species (Green Iguana) interacts with a very specific subspecies (Florida Burrowing Owl), so it just... isn't applicable enough to most audiences make it on Google.

The thing is, and especially with say older books and music, humans are **** at documenting knowledge. Some societies leave a lot of documentation, and then some leave almost no primary sources and just get... lost. And I think because I'm so passionate about things like the Runes with so much ******* lost information I just find it weird that so many people see not having access to information as it being ethereal, otherworldly or straight up not real. More history is lost than preserved and documented.

Though I do have a lot of experiences that straight up don't exist, but that's a whole other can of worms, more along the lines of false memories as someone said...
Oh, I've got one! Although it's more like a person who doesn't exist.

So was I interning at a local Veteran's Hall during my last semester of college. One of the tasks that I was given was to research war trophies that were brought back from the various wars the U.S had been in. Each item in the display case I was working in had a label saying what the item (supposedly) was, ~where it came from, and who donated it.

There were several items all donated by a man who fought in WW1. His name looked familiar (I saw his name in an old photo album) and it turned out that he was the one to establish the Veteran's Hall in the town I was in, as well as one of the town's mayors. However all the information I had on him was a name, a date, a photograph, and a small newspaper clip of him taking office.

No matter how hard I researched him, there was no trace of him outside of the Veteran's Hall. He had completely vanished from local history.
Oh, I've got one! Although it's more like a person who doesn't exist.

So was I interning at a local Veteran's Hall during my last semester of college. One of the tasks that I was given was to research war trophies that were brought back from the various wars the U.S had been in. Each item in the display case I was working in had a label saying what the item (supposedly) was, ~where it came from, and who donated it.

There were several items all donated by a man who fought in WW1. His name looked familiar (I saw his name in an old photo album) and it turned out that he was the one to establish the Veteran's Hall in the town I was in, as well as one of the town's mayors. However all the information I had on him was a name, a date, a photograph, and a small newspaper clip of him taking office.

No matter how hard I researched him, there was no trace of him outside of the Veteran's Hall. He had completely vanished from local history.
tumblr_ph9qsupfNG1sbxtq7o4_250.pngvincente_kittenfangs_100_by_dragonnmr-damnupa.gifkHExOMX.png
@KittenFangs

Ooh, thats weird.
@KittenFangs

Ooh, thats weird.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7