Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I need my American license revoked
1 2 3 4
Okay so there are a few thing that are staple "American" things and I fail the following: [list] 1. I can't eat fast food; it makes me sick. Honestly if it isn't an actually non-chain restaurant then I really just avoid it. That means no McDonalds. Yes I know shocking. 2. I don't say the pledge. Who does anymore? I just want to leave thanks I ain't pledging I'm outta the door. Peace out. 3. My doctor says I need more sodium in my diet. As mentioned before, no fast food, plus the fact that my mum doesn't cook with the stuff that often = a lot of blackouts when I stand up. Yayyy I just woke up and whoop now I'm blind inst this obnoxious. 4. I don't like most sports. I'll stick to hockey and Curling thanks. (Fun fact, my sinister dragged my mum and I to a football game once for "school spirit” and I actually had fun; I managed to finish a drawing that badly needed completion, so time well spent! 5.I did absolutely NOTHING for 4th of July. I was not in the mood thanks. [/list] Soooo yeah. My European background is clearly meddling with this. I am an American, born and raised, I assure you. I'm just, out there. (NOTE: this is all based on silly stereotypes of americans, so PLEASE don't be offended?)
Okay so there are a few thing that are staple "American" things and I fail the following:

1. I can't eat fast food; it makes me sick. Honestly if it isn't an actually non-chain restaurant then I really just avoid it. That means no McDonalds. Yes I know shocking.

2. I don't say the pledge. Who does anymore? I just want to leave thanks I ain't pledging I'm outta the door. Peace out.

3. My doctor says I need more sodium in my diet. As mentioned before, no fast food, plus the fact that my mum doesn't cook with the stuff that often = a lot of blackouts when I stand up. Yayyy I just woke up and whoop now I'm blind inst this obnoxious.

4. I don't like most sports. I'll stick to hockey and Curling thanks. (Fun fact, my sinister dragged my mum and I to a football game once for "school spirit” and I actually had fun; I managed to finish a drawing that badly needed completion, so time well spent!

5.I did absolutely NOTHING for 4th of July. I was not in the mood thanks.
Soooo yeah. My European background is clearly meddling with this. I am an American, born and raised, I assure you. I'm just, out there. (NOTE: this is all based on silly stereotypes of americans, so PLEASE don't be offended?)
There was a time he thought a single
sword could save the kingdom. A
time, all regrets were yet far away...
I’ve been American my entire life and I have never enjoyed fast food, nor have most of my friends. At least where I live, it seems much more common to hate places like McDonalds then to love them! I have also been told that I need to have more salt (it gives me headaches and can actually make my vision blurry at times).

As for the rest of it, I went to a friends house for the Fourth of July, I don’t follow sports but I enjoy going to the games, and unless I’m in a place where everyone is saying the pledge there’s no point in it?

Maybe I’m not the most American person who has lived the the northeast US for their entire life haha
I’ve been American my entire life and I have never enjoyed fast food, nor have most of my friends. At least where I live, it seems much more common to hate places like McDonalds then to love them! I have also been told that I need to have more salt (it gives me headaches and can actually make my vision blurry at times).

As for the rest of it, I went to a friends house for the Fourth of July, I don’t follow sports but I enjoy going to the games, and unless I’m in a place where everyone is saying the pledge there’s no point in it?

Maybe I’m not the most American person who has lived the the northeast US for their entire life haha
My goodness I agree with all of that, especially #4. I've lived in the US right up until two years ago, so I understand that that's apparently weird in society there lol.
My goodness I agree with all of that, especially #4. I've lived in the US right up until two years ago, so I understand that that's apparently weird in society there lol.
I agree with this...
I agree with this...
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
i can eat some fast food, but most of it just seems cheap and artificial, and therefore less palatable. In 'n Out is a good fast food chain, though. I eat fast food on a yearly basis... very irregularly.

Fourth of July is an ok holiday, I like going out and looking at fireworks, but New Years is better because of the weather, lol. It's really hot where I live and I don't really enjoy sweating out in the street to see fireworks.

The only sports I watch are video games on youtube. There can be more than the 2 possible outcomes achievable in team sports, plus entertaining commentary and occasionally there's thought-provoking content thrown into the mix- much better than football!

Also, I always forget the last few words of the pledge, I guess reciting it halfheartedly at school every single day didn't drill it into me well enough? Anyway, as far as American stereotypes go, I don't fit very well.
i can eat some fast food, but most of it just seems cheap and artificial, and therefore less palatable. In 'n Out is a good fast food chain, though. I eat fast food on a yearly basis... very irregularly.

Fourth of July is an ok holiday, I like going out and looking at fireworks, but New Years is better because of the weather, lol. It's really hot where I live and I don't really enjoy sweating out in the street to see fireworks.

The only sports I watch are video games on youtube. There can be more than the 2 possible outcomes achievable in team sports, plus entertaining commentary and occasionally there's thought-provoking content thrown into the mix- much better than football!

Also, I always forget the last few words of the pledge, I guess reciting it halfheartedly at school every single day didn't drill it into me well enough? Anyway, as far as American stereotypes go, I don't fit very well.
image.png
this isnt that strange
i know a lot of people like this
i dont do most of these things except the fast food stuff ;o
this isnt that strange
i know a lot of people like this
i dont do most of these things except the fast food stuff ;o
I can eat Subway, but that's about it. I have to see the food made to be able to eat it for the most part. If I can't see it made, it's very hard for me to eat it, so most fast food is off the table. I don't even enjoy eating at restaurants! Eating anything I have not seen prepared is uncomfortable and challenging for me.

I'm no longer in school and I don't say the Pledge.

I have low blood pressure and troubles with anemia, so I need a good deal of salt in my diet. Even with increased sodium and iron capsules, I can't get up too fast or I get very dizzy. I'm not quite at the point of almost passing out anymore, but that was a concern for me before I started taking my iron. I compensate with sodium and caution.

I don't watch most sports. I'll watch them with my sibling, but that's about it. I stick to playing video games, writing, and working over my own projects. If there's a game on, I might watch it with my family, but I don't understand most of the rules to most sports. I prefer a good book, to be honest.

My ideal Fourth of July is a quiet night in, spent cooking or baking. Fireworks are not my idea of fun anymore; the loud noises and the crowds sit poorly with me. I prefer to make food and have a good night with my friends and my family. I just don't find the crowds and loud noises of most celebrations (and parties) to be enjoyable. Give me a quiet holiday in any year.

I'm not the best American, as you can see. If you go by stereotypes, anyway.
I can eat Subway, but that's about it. I have to see the food made to be able to eat it for the most part. If I can't see it made, it's very hard for me to eat it, so most fast food is off the table. I don't even enjoy eating at restaurants! Eating anything I have not seen prepared is uncomfortable and challenging for me.

I'm no longer in school and I don't say the Pledge.

I have low blood pressure and troubles with anemia, so I need a good deal of salt in my diet. Even with increased sodium and iron capsules, I can't get up too fast or I get very dizzy. I'm not quite at the point of almost passing out anymore, but that was a concern for me before I started taking my iron. I compensate with sodium and caution.

I don't watch most sports. I'll watch them with my sibling, but that's about it. I stick to playing video games, writing, and working over my own projects. If there's a game on, I might watch it with my family, but I don't understand most of the rules to most sports. I prefer a good book, to be honest.

My ideal Fourth of July is a quiet night in, spent cooking or baking. Fireworks are not my idea of fun anymore; the loud noises and the crowds sit poorly with me. I prefer to make food and have a good night with my friends and my family. I just don't find the crowds and loud noises of most celebrations (and parties) to be enjoyable. Give me a quiet holiday in any year.

I'm not the best American, as you can see. If you go by stereotypes, anyway.
cCYLT6h.png z8s5c34.png
5iXiC8z.png
4BheGMt.png
AaYNmEX.png
Al1BEGR.png
BPzUHdW.png
UuKod4C.png
JvUa9ma.png
5iXIYjY.png
on the fourth of july in 2017 i almost set a firework off in my face, good times
i have fun doing fireworks and sparklers but not for america, i do it because if i do it any other time people will call the cops thinking there has been a shooting

i actually like fast food but it is really unhealthy ;o;

i only say the pledge if the teacher will take points off for not saying it! that should be illegal but i guess it isnt so i have to sometimes, usually i stay sitting and doing whatever i want before the teacher starts talking

i dont do sports, im an artist not an athlete. also i have lots of pain problems which apparently doesnt matter because in school all that matters is football and concussions!! whoopee plus i fall down a lot bc im very clumsy
on the fourth of july in 2017 i almost set a firework off in my face, good times
i have fun doing fireworks and sparklers but not for america, i do it because if i do it any other time people will call the cops thinking there has been a shooting

i actually like fast food but it is really unhealthy ;o;

i only say the pledge if the teacher will take points off for not saying it! that should be illegal but i guess it isnt so i have to sometimes, usually i stay sitting and doing whatever i want before the teacher starts talking

i dont do sports, im an artist not an athlete. also i have lots of pain problems which apparently doesnt matter because in school all that matters is football and concussions!! whoopee plus i fall down a lot bc im very clumsy
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
eh, I stand with the pledge because I still have reason to. People die to protect this heckhole, and I think at least that should be respected. So I stand and say the pledge for their sakes if anything.

I do like fast-food, but I prefer home cooking. And I don't like everything salty.

And, you know, we WOULD celebrate the fourth of july more just at our home, eating a nice meal and enjoying seeing the fireworks shoot up into the sky as the night goes on, but we live in a parsonage and drunk weirdos park all over the church parking lot so it isn't even safe to go outside anymore.

and sports? except basketball, and that's only because of UK? not even once.
eh, I stand with the pledge because I still have reason to. People die to protect this heckhole, and I think at least that should be respected. So I stand and say the pledge for their sakes if anything.

I do like fast-food, but I prefer home cooking. And I don't like everything salty.

And, you know, we WOULD celebrate the fourth of july more just at our home, eating a nice meal and enjoying seeing the fireworks shoot up into the sky as the night goes on, but we live in a parsonage and drunk weirdos park all over the church parking lot so it isn't even safe to go outside anymore.

and sports? except basketball, and that's only because of UK? not even once.
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
I agree with everything but number three, because I love salt and put it on everything. XDD I'll eat fast food but only if it's one of the more "up scale" places that sells food that actually tastes like real food. XP Cookout and Chik-fil-a are my favorites (even though I know I shouldn't support Chik-fil-a I just love their chicken) but I'll also eat at Zacksby's, Subway, and Arby's, and on occasion, Taco Bell. You couldn't pay me enough to eat at McDonald's and I don't know why everyone praises it so much. Yeah, the food's cheap, but it's also nasty as hell.

The Pledge of Allegiance and the entire holiday of July 4th can kiss my butt. I've never been patriotic and my opinion of America has slowly degraded and now I basically hate the entire country. I don't mind the area I live in but don't ask me to praise the country's leaders or values. And honestly, nothing gets me steamed up like listening to people ranting about how important flag, Pledge, and National Anthem etiquette is. If etiquette means that much to you, you care too damn much about the wrong damn things. (I hate fireworks anyway. They're pretty but too loud and too deep, so that makes me hate July 4th even more.)

I've never cared much about sports either. I do horseback ride, which is a sport, but not a traditional ball on a field sport, all of which I hate playing (running S U C K S) and find boring to watch. :P
I agree with everything but number three, because I love salt and put it on everything. XDD I'll eat fast food but only if it's one of the more "up scale" places that sells food that actually tastes like real food. XP Cookout and Chik-fil-a are my favorites (even though I know I shouldn't support Chik-fil-a I just love their chicken) but I'll also eat at Zacksby's, Subway, and Arby's, and on occasion, Taco Bell. You couldn't pay me enough to eat at McDonald's and I don't know why everyone praises it so much. Yeah, the food's cheap, but it's also nasty as hell.

The Pledge of Allegiance and the entire holiday of July 4th can kiss my butt. I've never been patriotic and my opinion of America has slowly degraded and now I basically hate the entire country. I don't mind the area I live in but don't ask me to praise the country's leaders or values. And honestly, nothing gets me steamed up like listening to people ranting about how important flag, Pledge, and National Anthem etiquette is. If etiquette means that much to you, you care too damn much about the wrong damn things. (I hate fireworks anyway. They're pretty but too loud and too deep, so that makes me hate July 4th even more.)

I've never cared much about sports either. I do horseback ride, which is a sport, but not a traditional ball on a field sport, all of which I hate playing (running S U C K S) and find boring to watch. :P
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
1 2 3 4