Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | glasses?
1 2 3 4 5
My vision sucks. I have had glasses since I was in 1st grade, so around when I was 6. I currently need new glasses as my prescription isn't up to date and my parents keep begging me to get contacts. I mean, it would be so much easier for me to use contacts (I act and dance and I'm not really allowed to wear my glasses on stage... you can see what that leads to). But I've had glasses for 7 years now, I'm just so used to them, and I'm actually kinda scared of contacts. Is that stupid?
My vision sucks. I have had glasses since I was in 1st grade, so around when I was 6. I currently need new glasses as my prescription isn't up to date and my parents keep begging me to get contacts. I mean, it would be so much easier for me to use contacts (I act and dance and I'm not really allowed to wear my glasses on stage... you can see what that leads to). But I've had glasses for 7 years now, I'm just so used to them, and I'm actually kinda scared of contacts. Is that stupid?
Fae | They/he/she | FR+3
I actually ran into a glasses stand at the eye doctor place once I first got my glasses because I was so busy looking around at how clear everything was

It’s kinda.. weird at first? At least it was for me. I didn’t like to eat with them on, and a lot of other weird stuff. Now I almost fall asleep in them every night.
I actually ran into a glasses stand at the eye doctor place once I first got my glasses because I was so busy looking around at how clear everything was

It’s kinda.. weird at first? At least it was for me. I didn’t like to eat with them on, and a lot of other weird stuff. Now I almost fall asleep in them every night.
zhMvOXK.png
i only got glasses a couple a months ago. but theyre a very weak prescription. if i ever use them its only for reading or when im doing homework, since im farsighted. its also kind of funny because everyone in my family is nearsighted and im literally the only one who is farsighted.
i only got glasses a couple a months ago. but theyre a very weak prescription. if i ever use them its only for reading or when im doing homework, since im farsighted. its also kind of funny because everyone in my family is nearsighted and im literally the only one who is farsighted.
GONasSc.png
i got mine recently and don't wear them too often, but when I do they are amazing. people say they look good on me but I don't like how they fit me so I might get a new pair, but yeah.

glasses are AMAZING.

it's like I am no longer blind. except i'm just nearsighted.
i got mine recently and don't wear them too often, but when I do they are amazing. people say they look good on me but I don't like how they fit me so I might get a new pair, but yeah.

glasses are AMAZING.

it's like I am no longer blind. except i'm just nearsighted.

2rgc1ud.png

voltron_fanhubbg.png[/center]

0Vit0p7.png
PIaTt6Y.png
fmHZU3J.png
1FuP1GN.png
I got glasses when I was in 5th grade and man the world felt so much clearer. I prefer wearing contacts now though, since I don’t really like how I look with glasses on. The whole individual leaves thing was so shocking to me I was finally able to see and experience the world like everyone else hah. My mom cried when I told her I could finally see details instead of blurs.
I got glasses when I was in 5th grade and man the world felt so much clearer. I prefer wearing contacts now though, since I don’t really like how I look with glasses on. The whole individual leaves thing was so shocking to me I was finally able to see and experience the world like everyone else hah. My mom cried when I told her I could finally see details instead of blurs.
I use contacts, and glasses when I'm feeling lazy. Using both keeps a nice buffer if one doesn't work out.

Say, my contacts start bothering me to the point where I give up. I can just slip on my glasses.

Conversely, if I'm doing gymnastics or something, glasses are more likely to get smashed, so contacts are the way to go.
I use contacts, and glasses when I'm feeling lazy. Using both keeps a nice buffer if one doesn't work out.

Say, my contacts start bothering me to the point where I give up. I can just slip on my glasses.

Conversely, if I'm doing gymnastics or something, glasses are more likely to get smashed, so contacts are the way to go.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
yuppp i got rectangle glasses and i dont look good without them. legally blind without em and i dont even remember when i got them but i know it was because i told my mom i had a headache while trying to read

im nearsighted in one eye, farsighted in the other. gf tried em on since we wear the same style and was like "christ your eyes are messed up"
yuppp i got rectangle glasses and i dont look good without them. legally blind without em and i dont even remember when i got them but i know it was because i told my mom i had a headache while trying to read

im nearsighted in one eye, farsighted in the other. gf tried em on since we wear the same style and was like "christ your eyes are messed up"
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->alyja1.pngIwn8Z1.pngNVbyy1.pngunknown.png
My vision has gradually been getting worse, and it's pretty depressing. I was able to see pretty well when I got into highschool, I'm now in my Junior year and I can barely see the white board and I can barely recognize faces that are about 10ft away from me. I appreciate my glasses though, it's good to see again :"^) They kind of hurt my eyes if I wear them for too long though.
My vision has gradually been getting worse, and it's pretty depressing. I was able to see pretty well when I got into highschool, I'm now in my Junior year and I can barely see the white board and I can barely recognize faces that are about 10ft away from me. I appreciate my glasses though, it's good to see again :"^) They kind of hurt my eyes if I wear them for too long though.
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
I have had glasses for many years and can say I like actually seeing things without having to put my face less than a foot away so it's not blurred. I remember first having these things and being amazed that my eyes were finally high-definition when I never knew they were actually old VHS tapes played on an old television.

Downsides:
  • Face windows require cleaning
  • Gets prescription adjusted: "Oh god the ground's so close, I feel like I'm gonna fall."
  • Looks down. They fall off sometimes.
  • Get on roller coaster: "Please physics gods, allow me to keep my sight."
I have had glasses for many years and can say I like actually seeing things without having to put my face less than a foot away so it's not blurred. I remember first having these things and being amazed that my eyes were finally high-definition when I never knew they were actually old VHS tapes played on an old television.

Downsides:
  • Face windows require cleaning
  • Gets prescription adjusted: "Oh god the ground's so close, I feel like I'm gonna fall."
  • Looks down. They fall off sometimes.
  • Get on roller coaster: "Please physics gods, allow me to keep my sight."
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
I got mine about 6 months before kindergarten.
I refuse to wear contacts because touching your own eyes is gross.
Cat scratched 'em too, and I need to get new ones...

They don't help with my habit of running into walls, though...

I also managed to run into a tree with a four-wheeler...
I got mine about 6 months before kindergarten.
I refuse to wear contacts because touching your own eyes is gross.
Cat scratched 'em too, and I need to get new ones...

They don't help with my habit of running into walls, though...

I also managed to run into a tree with a four-wheeler...
Wxlfiez
they/them | FRT + 3 | Wishlist
11-Headed Primal Emperor Quest
__________________________________ wolfies_shop_sig_button.png
1 2 3 4 5