Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How did you get your art style..?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
How I got mine was kinda weird, I didn't expect to get mine the way I did..

So, basically at first I drew in "animeish" and "cartoonish" styles. One day I thought "What If I mixed them together.?" and bam! My art style..

Truly, my art style isn't original once you think about it. I was inspired by various media and stuff, but I was able to draw anime and cartoons. The cartoonish style wasn't like standard cartoons but more like basic, normal Western art.
How I got mine was kinda weird, I didn't expect to get mine the way I did..

So, basically at first I drew in "animeish" and "cartoonish" styles. One day I thought "What If I mixed them together.?" and bam! My art style..

Truly, my art style isn't original once you think about it. I was inspired by various media and stuff, but I was able to draw anime and cartoons. The cartoonish style wasn't like standard cartoons but more like basic, normal Western art.
proty_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pnfz.pnghumbee_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pngb.pngjorge_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pnfh.png
I have no idea honestly. I never attempted to get a certain style but apparently the way I draw has developed into a unique one that people can always tell is by me.
It is nice I guess. Though I do try to learn other styles just to flesh out my art as is. I find having a wide range of drawing types can be beneficial is a person is seeking a certain style to be drawn.
I have no idea honestly. I never attempted to get a certain style but apparently the way I draw has developed into a unique one that people can always tell is by me.
It is nice I guess. Though I do try to learn other styles just to flesh out my art as is. I find having a wide range of drawing types can be beneficial is a person is seeking a certain style to be drawn.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
I watched a lot of this YouTuber called LavenderTowne, and used her drawing tutorials. My style also incorporates aspects of other artists as well.
I watched a lot of this YouTuber called LavenderTowne, and used her drawing tutorials. My style also incorporates aspects of other artists as well.
she/he/they | fr + 3
i learned a bunch of different styles, tried to imitate them seperately, then mushed them all together and bam. that's how i got my style. then you just gotta add your own spin to it .

i follow a ton of art accounts on tumblr that post art references, so i always have a resource at my fingertips whenever i need reference or want to improve.
i learned a bunch of different styles, tried to imitate them seperately, then mushed them all together and bam. that's how i got my style. then you just gotta add your own spin to it .

i follow a ton of art accounts on tumblr that post art references, so i always have a resource at my fingertips whenever i need reference or want to improve.
HpBICfc.gif
» about me
» commissions
bits and pieces I picked up from stuff I learned from other artists
bits and pieces I picked up from stuff I learned from other artists
I have synesthesia 6kglit91v0.gif
not sure honestly, since I started drawing I never used any references or tutorials at all, or took any inspiration from other people's art (maybe just subconsciously), it just developed over time on it's own
I get told that my style is unique so I guess going against every bit of advice I've read payed off lol
not sure honestly, since I started drawing I never used any references or tutorials at all, or took any inspiration from other people's art (maybe just subconsciously), it just developed over time on it's own
I get told that my style is unique so I guess going against every bit of advice I've read payed off lol
913838e5875d1fe03b54e876ed96d2fa-d4dlfhr.gif f517179564ce3d45f0aa2355e691649f-d2zu3yg.gif qlIJQn5.gif 4e2d90d6b978fd47c7e81bfd0df7754f-d4bw19d.gif 2bf8ca5030d719d32430fa7948b469d3-d4h1cbf.gif
oh interesting question.

i actually learned to draw digitally in an oekaki. the oekaki was part of a fansite for a certain anime series. pretty much everyone there had their own style to an extent, but a lot of them included elements of that anime's art style in theirs. mine was pretty much the same. i emulated that art style at first while i was getting the hang of anatomy, and started putting my own, more realistic spin on it later.

i've been told you can still see bits of that anime's style in my drawings, even though i don't really see it myself anymore. people used to approach me on another oekaki and ask me if i was a fan based on my art style lol.
oh interesting question.

i actually learned to draw digitally in an oekaki. the oekaki was part of a fansite for a certain anime series. pretty much everyone there had their own style to an extent, but a lot of them included elements of that anime's art style in theirs. mine was pretty much the same. i emulated that art style at first while i was getting the hang of anatomy, and started putting my own, more realistic spin on it later.

i've been told you can still see bits of that anime's style in my drawings, even though i don't really see it myself anymore. people used to approach me on another oekaki and ask me if i was a fan based on my art style lol.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
My style has changed throughout the years, but it's stuck to a Western cartoon style. In recent times I've incorporated a little stylistic choices from anime and cartoons like Steven Universe into my art: [img]http://i.imgur.com/ydJ7P3m.png[/img] For example, this piece has some semi-realistic features (the eye detailing, the hands with fingernails, and the lips) but the pose, hair and expression is very anime. [img]http://i.imgur.com/ST9AwXj.png[/img] Another recent example has more of an anime influence than the last one with cel-shading and the anime-hair, but it still could pass for a Western cartoon. [img]http://i.imgur.com/OFu2Hgq.png[/img] This piece is probably more inspired by anime than most of my pieces. The eyes are very large, the lips and nose are not terribly detailed, the hair is very spiky and voluminous, and the expression is sultry. Still, there's enough of a Western influence that most would not immediately scream "ANIME" upon seeing it. [img]http://i.imgur.com/aPeBJxd.png[/img] While something like this is more Steven Universe-inspired (okay, yeah, it's a gemsona, that might be cheating) but it has the facial structure, proportions, and shading of a Steven Universe character. Even though I mix elements from anime into my art, it's very hard for me to draw straight anime-style, and when I do it still looks a touch Western. A lot of my influences were from back when I played Neopets and I idolized artists like ghostkomorichu and moonlightfear, the former of whom drew in a Western/anime mix and the latter of whom drew in a semi-realistic Western style. Back when I was still developing my style, everyone on Neopets was going through their anime phase, while I had no idea what an anime phase even was, I just thought it was a spiffy way to draw art. So I ended up with chibi-style cartoon characters that still had a Western flair because I learned to draw Western cartoons. As time wore on, I had new idols, such as doberman555 and KazulTheDragon, so I ended up trying to emulate a semi-realistic/more Western-less anime style. Then I started actually watching anime and liking it around the time I was in my freshman year of college, so I squished a few anime elements into my art.
My style has changed throughout the years, but it's stuck to a Western cartoon style. In recent times I've incorporated a little stylistic choices from anime and cartoons like Steven Universe into my art:

ydJ7P3m.png

For example, this piece has some semi-realistic features (the eye detailing, the hands with fingernails, and the lips) but the pose, hair and expression is very anime.

ST9AwXj.png

Another recent example has more of an anime influence than the last one with cel-shading and the anime-hair, but it still could pass for a Western cartoon.

OFu2Hgq.png

This piece is probably more inspired by anime than most of my pieces. The eyes are very large, the lips and nose are not terribly detailed, the hair is very spiky and voluminous, and the expression is sultry. Still, there's enough of a Western influence that most would not immediately scream "ANIME" upon seeing it.

aPeBJxd.png

While something like this is more Steven Universe-inspired (okay, yeah, it's a gemsona, that might be cheating) but it has the facial structure, proportions, and shading of a Steven Universe character.

Even though I mix elements from anime into my art, it's very hard for me to draw straight anime-style, and when I do it still looks a touch Western.

A lot of my influences were from back when I played Neopets and I idolized artists like ghostkomorichu and moonlightfear, the former of whom drew in a Western/anime mix and the latter of whom drew in a semi-realistic Western style. Back when I was still developing my style, everyone on Neopets was going through their anime phase, while I had no idea what an anime phase even was, I just thought it was a spiffy way to draw art. So I ended up with chibi-style cartoon characters that still had a Western flair because I learned to draw Western cartoons.

As time wore on, I had new idols, such as doberman555 and KazulTheDragon, so I ended up trying to emulate a semi-realistic/more Western-less anime style. Then I started actually watching anime and liking it around the time I was in my freshman year of college, so I squished a few anime elements into my art.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
I don't know but I want a refund.
I don't know but I want a refund.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Uuuh. Good question. It would have to be a combination of Disgaea/Sonic the Hedgehog/CLAMP/Descendants of Darkness. But it's really changed over the years when I took college classes. So I don't know! :) But I enjoy my style a lot.
Uuuh. Good question. It would have to be a combination of Disgaea/Sonic the Hedgehog/CLAMP/Descendants of Darkness. But it's really changed over the years when I took college classes. So I don't know! :) But I enjoy my style a lot.
tumblr_inline_nrj53lAKh41rbfe8q_500_zpsqiquog40.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10