Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What kind of pets do you want?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'd actually love to get a pet bird someday, maybe a budgie (like a green or turquoise one) or a lovebird. I work with birds in college, though, so even if my apartment allowed pet birds (which I don't think they do) I wouldnt get one right now for biosecurity reasons.

I also want a small flock of chickens eventually! And of course my own dog. :)
I'd actually love to get a pet bird someday, maybe a budgie (like a green or turquoise one) or a lovebird. I work with birds in college, though, so even if my apartment allowed pet birds (which I don't think they do) I wouldnt get one right now for biosecurity reasons.

I also want a small flock of chickens eventually! And of course my own dog. :)
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
There are a lot of pets I would like to have some day.

I would love to own a snake some day, but I couldn't bear to feed them live animals so I'd have to get them frozen ones, but I would love a snake.

I'd also love to have a scorpion.

I also want a corgi, a dalmatian, a german shepherd, and some other breeds of dog. I also hope to have some cats someday, specifically some fluffier ones. I'd also like to have a black cat. My family used to have cats but I was young enough that I don't really remember them very well.

I want goats, pigs, a horse and cows sometime too. I believe it's possible to have some jellyfish as well?
There are a lot of pets I would like to have some day.

I would love to own a snake some day, but I couldn't bear to feed them live animals so I'd have to get them frozen ones, but I would love a snake.

I'd also love to have a scorpion.

I also want a corgi, a dalmatian, a german shepherd, and some other breeds of dog. I also hope to have some cats someday, specifically some fluffier ones. I'd also like to have a black cat. My family used to have cats but I was young enough that I don't really remember them very well.

I want goats, pigs, a horse and cows sometime too. I believe it's possible to have some jellyfish as well?
AL L OF TH EM

betta fish, cats, dogs, birds, aaaaaaa

animals are perfect and amazing
AL L OF TH EM

betta fish, cats, dogs, birds, aaaaaaa

animals are perfect and amazing
olly / 15
I'd like a dog someday when my life settles down a bit. :V
I'd like a dog someday when my life settles down a bit. :V
tneYPET.png
Right now I have 2 cats, a dog, and a bunny. When I'm older and live in my own house, I'm gonna get either some kind of macaw or a ringneck parakeet. Maybe I'll get a blue tongue skink or a frilled lizard too. I love my bunny. I adopted her from a shelter in December. She was there for five months, which I didn't understand because she was very well behaved. She was litter box trained (yes rabbits are smart and can be litter box trained or even learn tricks like a cat or a dog), she is very sweet, and adorable. The only negative thing about her was that she was about the size of a cat, which might have scared some people. Every morning we let her out of her cage and she runs around the house all day. She sits behind grooming herself as I type this post. If anybody here is thinking about getting a bunny, they are wonderful and loving pet, but they also have a lot of needs!

Housing- their housing should be a large cage or a pen (depending on what breed it is). It should have a food and water bowl with some toys scattered throughout it. My rabbit has a large pen that has a litterbox, a food and water bowl, a cardboard box with timothy hay in it, a blanket that she likes to sleep on, a few paper towel rolls, and some toys that are designed for rabbits.

Food- rabbits eat a LOT of timothy hay every day. It makes up about 80% of their diet, the rest being greens and pellets for rabbits. Rabbits can also eat a variety of vegetables and fruits like romaine lettuce, greenleaf lettuce, kale, celery, carrot tops (carrots should only be given sparingly), and occasionally some fruits like raspberries and bananas (they usually LOVE bananas). Some foods they should NEVER eat are iceberg lettuce, avocado, onions, and corn. Before you buys rabbit treats from anywhere, check the ingredients and make sure they don't have any corn in them.

Vet care- vet care for rabbits is certainly not cheap! A checkup can cost anywhere from $40-$80 if all goes well. If there is something wrong, it can cost hundreds of dollars. Rabbits need to have their teeth trimmed 1-2 times a year because their teeth never stop growing.

Other- Rabbits do best in pairs, but some would rather be alone. Many rabbits will become lonely and sad if they are kept alone. For example, mine doesn't really get along with other small animals (she's actually lunged at our cats multiple times), but she loves to play with our dog and be around my family. They can live 10-12 years under proper care, sometimes even longer! They do not like to be picked up. I've only held her twice until we found a more efficient way to cut her nails. She always kicks and runs when somebody tries to pick her up.

Rabbits can be a lot of work and require a lot of care, but if they are provided the right things, they can make fantastic pets and I strongly encourage adopting one!
Right now I have 2 cats, a dog, and a bunny. When I'm older and live in my own house, I'm gonna get either some kind of macaw or a ringneck parakeet. Maybe I'll get a blue tongue skink or a frilled lizard too. I love my bunny. I adopted her from a shelter in December. She was there for five months, which I didn't understand because she was very well behaved. She was litter box trained (yes rabbits are smart and can be litter box trained or even learn tricks like a cat or a dog), she is very sweet, and adorable. The only negative thing about her was that she was about the size of a cat, which might have scared some people. Every morning we let her out of her cage and she runs around the house all day. She sits behind grooming herself as I type this post. If anybody here is thinking about getting a bunny, they are wonderful and loving pet, but they also have a lot of needs!

Housing- their housing should be a large cage or a pen (depending on what breed it is). It should have a food and water bowl with some toys scattered throughout it. My rabbit has a large pen that has a litterbox, a food and water bowl, a cardboard box with timothy hay in it, a blanket that she likes to sleep on, a few paper towel rolls, and some toys that are designed for rabbits.

Food- rabbits eat a LOT of timothy hay every day. It makes up about 80% of their diet, the rest being greens and pellets for rabbits. Rabbits can also eat a variety of vegetables and fruits like romaine lettuce, greenleaf lettuce, kale, celery, carrot tops (carrots should only be given sparingly), and occasionally some fruits like raspberries and bananas (they usually LOVE bananas). Some foods they should NEVER eat are iceberg lettuce, avocado, onions, and corn. Before you buys rabbit treats from anywhere, check the ingredients and make sure they don't have any corn in them.

Vet care- vet care for rabbits is certainly not cheap! A checkup can cost anywhere from $40-$80 if all goes well. If there is something wrong, it can cost hundreds of dollars. Rabbits need to have their teeth trimmed 1-2 times a year because their teeth never stop growing.

Other- Rabbits do best in pairs, but some would rather be alone. Many rabbits will become lonely and sad if they are kept alone. For example, mine doesn't really get along with other small animals (she's actually lunged at our cats multiple times), but she loves to play with our dog and be around my family. They can live 10-12 years under proper care, sometimes even longer! They do not like to be picked up. I've only held her twice until we found a more efficient way to cut her nails. She always kicks and runs when somebody tries to pick her up.

Rabbits can be a lot of work and require a lot of care, but if they are provided the right things, they can make fantastic pets and I strongly encourage adopting one!
That's just the way the beans bake, hon.
I want a snake, a pit bull and more birds. And guinea pigs. I already have a dog (rough collie), 18 goldfish and 9 birds, but still pets are amazing.
I want a snake, a pit bull and more birds. And guinea pigs. I already have a dog (rough collie), 18 goldfish and 9 birds, but still pets are amazing.
wCtmyuR.png Avatar Dragon | Molten Lava Subspecies

“Life is like a piano; the white keys represent happiness and the black show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.” - Ehssan
RClY3u4.gif GwKdven.png
A gecko.
A gecko.
faxrqz.jpg
I want a cat! Sometimes 4 dogs are exhausting ;;
I want a cat! Sometimes 4 dogs are exhausting ;;
tumblr_oqb77mzwgv1tes27xo1_250.png
I really want some land and some goats and chickens. Maybe a couple horses. But that's a few years off if it happens at all. Suburbia has left me with three dogs and a cat.
I really want some land and some goats and chickens. Maybe a couple horses. But that's a few years off if it happens at all. Suburbia has left me with three dogs and a cat.
i want a hamster or guinea pig or just some small cute rodent because you see, i love cats, but they don't stay small. i just want a little ball of fluff to crawl around and be taken care of

in my wildest dreams i'd own a fox but i know how exceptionally high maintenance they are and they aren't even legal to be owned as pets where i live so i've kind of gotten over my childhood long wish of having a pet fox :')
i want a hamster or guinea pig or just some small cute rodent because you see, i love cats, but they don't stay small. i just want a little ball of fluff to crawl around and be taken care of

in my wildest dreams i'd own a fox but i know how exceptionally high maintenance they are and they aren't even legal to be owned as pets where i live so i've kind of gotten over my childhood long wish of having a pet fox :')
UIT22Ie.png
foxpaws
my tumblr
1 2 3 4 5 6 7