Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How does soup expand
...to fill the pot you're making it in?

I went to make a pot of "leftovers are dying in the fridge" soup and I thought I had enough to make 3 quarts, maybe 4. Too much for the 2 quart pot so I got out the 8 quart and the next thing I know...it's full.

Leftovers:

4 stalks of celery
Remnants of a bag of baby carrots
Ham chunks
Remnants of a bag of frozen corn
1/4 cup refried beans
Tomatoes
1 cup cooked rice

By the time I added onions, carrots, spices and enough water to cover them the pot was barely an inch from the top and there's hinting from the peanut gallery that cornbread would go really well with this. I swear, I just wanted to use up leftovers.

Imagine how much I'd have if I'd started out with a stone.
...to fill the pot you're making it in?

I went to make a pot of "leftovers are dying in the fridge" soup and I thought I had enough to make 3 quarts, maybe 4. Too much for the 2 quart pot so I got out the 8 quart and the next thing I know...it's full.

Leftovers:

4 stalks of celery
Remnants of a bag of baby carrots
Ham chunks
Remnants of a bag of frozen corn
1/4 cup refried beans
Tomatoes
1 cup cooked rice

By the time I added onions, carrots, spices and enough water to cover them the pot was barely an inch from the top and there's hinting from the peanut gallery that cornbread would go really well with this. I swear, I just wanted to use up leftovers.

Imagine how much I'd have if I'd started out with a stone.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
I never related to a thread so much.
I never related to a thread so much.
c7Xl1MV.png
how do soup
how do soup
I have synesthesia 6kglit91v0.gif