Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things in games that freak you out.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17
Skulltulas in Majora's Mask, falmer in Skyrim, jockeys in Left4Dead2, and the hounds in Don't Starve. These are usually my most dreaded or freaky encounters when playing :L
Skulltulas in Majora's Mask, falmer in Skyrim, jockeys in Left4Dead2, and the hounds in Don't Starve. These are usually my most dreaded or freaky encounters when playing :L
sZShZzW.png
[quote name="hamkid" date=2017-04-19 14:26:18] [quote name="Selki" date=2017-04-19 14:02:20] [quote name="NaettleLeaf" date=2017-04-19 13:58:16] The WORST part? The dungeons are randomly generated. So you never know where one will pop up. And if you're REALLY unlucky, then a monster house spawns in the room with the STAIRS to the next floor. [/quote] and especially when the stairs TAKE you to one of those rooms :P it's only happened to me once, but it's terrifying to drop into the room, notice all those Gummis, and realize what that means. A heartbeat later, enemies have surrounded you. [/quote] Oh, UGH. Not THOSE. I play Gates to Infinity. Sometimes you'd walk around, just enter a room, and on the bottom screen see a bunch of items in the room; awesome, right? Free loots of berries and seeds and orbs! ...take another step, and there are so many enemies that you're probably dead meat. It's just plain startling just to see them come out of nowhere what seemed to be a normal room with an unnatural lot of items laying ahout. Yikes. But hey. Don't forget the Kecleo (sp?). I have made some fatal mistakes with his shops... Worse when it's an accident. I decided NOT to buy one of his items after taking it, so I wouldn't buy it , and I thought he'd just naturally take it back. My team was getting slaughtered and I started crying, honestly. :/ He's extremely, impossibly strong, even if it is a very low-star-difficulty level. Unbeatable, even. [/quote] I remember that when I first got my copy of explorers of time, it was pre owned and they were on temporal tower or something Anyways, I remember seeing a kecleon at the shop mat thing so I took an item because I thought nothing of it. He killed me easily.
hamkid wrote on 2017-04-19:
Selki wrote on 2017-04-19:
NaettleLeaf wrote on 2017-04-19:
The WORST part? The dungeons are randomly generated. So you never know where one will pop up.
And if you're REALLY unlucky, then a monster house spawns in the room with the STAIRS to the next floor.

and especially when the stairs TAKE you to one of those rooms :P it's only happened to me once, but it's terrifying to drop into the room, notice all those Gummis, and realize what that means. A heartbeat later, enemies have surrounded you.
Oh, UGH. Not THOSE. I play Gates to Infinity. Sometimes you'd walk around, just enter a room, and on the bottom screen see a bunch of items in the room; awesome, right? Free loots of berries and seeds and orbs! ...take another step, and there are so many enemies that you're probably dead meat. It's just plain startling just to see them come out of nowhere what seemed to be a normal room with an unnatural lot of items laying ahout. Yikes.

But hey.
Don't forget the Kecleo (sp?).
I have made some fatal mistakes with his shops... Worse when it's an accident.
I decided NOT to buy one of his items after taking it, so I wouldn't buy it , and I thought he'd just naturally take it back.
My team was getting slaughtered and I started crying, honestly. :/
He's extremely, impossibly strong, even if it is a very low-star-difficulty level. Unbeatable, even.
I remember that when I first got my copy of explorers of time, it was pre owned and they were on temporal tower or something

Anyways, I remember seeing a kecleon at the shop mat thing so I took an item because I thought nothing of it.

He killed me easily.
Lichtdrache.gif
When someone's shooting you in Overwatch and you can't see them so you just die.

rip
When someone's shooting you in Overwatch and you can't see them so you just die.

rip
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
going into a big boddy of water
In real life, im terrified of big things underwater. And I know thats weirdly specific, but it just gives me the heebijeebis. Its why I can't play games like subnuatica. I might even be on top of the water, but the thought of something lurking underneath me... -shudder-
going into a big boddy of water
In real life, im terrified of big things underwater. And I know thats weirdly specific, but it just gives me the heebijeebis. Its why I can't play games like subnuatica. I might even be on top of the water, but the thought of something lurking underneath me... -shudder-
zhMvOXK.png
c a v e s

i can play skyrim. it's fine whatever. the minute i try to play oblivion or morrowind, i can't do it. i go into a cave and i feel like something is going to leap out at me. it's somewhat ok when i'm going through the cave but when i turn to leave afterwards it turns into me doing breathing exercises to try not to panic

also, going into water, morrowind got me afraid with all its slaughterfish and now i can't do it in any open world rpg its not happening. never finished the thieves' guild questline in oblivion because of it
c a v e s

i can play skyrim. it's fine whatever. the minute i try to play oblivion or morrowind, i can't do it. i go into a cave and i feel like something is going to leap out at me. it's somewhat ok when i'm going through the cave but when i turn to leave afterwards it turns into me doing breathing exercises to try not to panic

also, going into water, morrowind got me afraid with all its slaughterfish and now i can't do it in any open world rpg its not happening. never finished the thieves' guild questline in oblivion because of it
is1aOOc.png

And while I'm on the subject of monster houses and Mystery Dungeon, the secret base tasks in Super Mystery Dungeon.

So I took a task from a Rotom, saying I should go to his secret base. I think it's gonna be some "go to floor you're done" thing, but nope. He summons a monster house.

Since then, I never do those tasks without my highest available Pokémon, orbs, and some reviver seeds (thank arceus for cofagrigus and his obsession with gold bars. i get all my reviver seeds from that guy.)

Admittedly, I did one and brought along Ampharos, Aurorus, and someone else I forgot. It didn't end up being a hostile one, just some really nice Pokémon and their art club)
And while I'm on the subject of monster houses and Mystery Dungeon, the secret base tasks in Super Mystery Dungeon.

So I took a task from a Rotom, saying I should go to his secret base. I think it's gonna be some "go to floor you're done" thing, but nope. He summons a monster house.

Since then, I never do those tasks without my highest available Pokémon, orbs, and some reviver seeds (thank arceus for cofagrigus and his obsession with gold bars. i get all my reviver seeds from that guy.)

Admittedly, I did one and brought along Ampharos, Aurorus, and someone else I forgot. It didn't end up being a hostile one, just some really nice Pokémon and their art club)
Lichtdrache.gif
Nothing really freaks me out in games anymore, but I'm always down for some good old psychological scenes, that and good Homages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbw8j3V3CoU In a way I guess you could say this freaks me out but in a different way. If you are a fan of Cowboy Bebop you might recognize the Dark elf like character's voice actor.
Nothing really freaks me out in games anymore, but I'm always down for some good old psychological scenes, that and good Homages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbw8j3V3CoU In a way I guess you could say this freaks me out but in a different way. If you are a fan of Cowboy Bebop you might recognize the Dark elf like character's voice actor.

Also from Persona Q, the ENTIRE SECOND FLOOR in the third dungeon.
The DARKNESS, that might be hiding something but isn't. I kept waiting for something to jump out at me. And NOTHING HAPPENED. The creepy changing notes. WHO or WHAT is leaving them!? And don't get me started on those stupid DOLLS! **** game, gonna give me a heart attack.

Also from Persona Q, the ENTIRE SECOND FLOOR in the third dungeon.
The DARKNESS, that might be hiding something but isn't. I kept waiting for something to jump out at me. And NOTHING HAPPENED. The creepy changing notes. WHO or WHAT is leaving them!? And don't get me started on those stupid DOLLS! **** game, gonna give me a heart attack.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
Chozo Ghosts
Chozo Ghosts
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
I know a few have said this, but the ReDeads from Wind Waker. They literally gave me nightmares as a child with the way they scream at you with their red doom eyes. Just... Nope. I actually kind of recently had a nightmare about them. Don't judge me.

I mean, there's a few things in Zelda that unsettle me, but those abominations scarred me for life. The monks in Breath of the Wild remind me too much of the WW ReDeads and have now given me so many disturbing headcanons.

I know a few have said this, but the ReDeads from Wind Waker. They literally gave me nightmares as a child with the way they scream at you with their red doom eyes. Just... Nope. I actually kind of recently had a nightmare about them. Don't judge me.

I mean, there's a few things in Zelda that unsettle me, but those abominations scarred me for life. The monks in Breath of the Wild remind me too much of the WW ReDeads and have now given me so many disturbing headcanons.

eg1jZa2.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17