Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird College Stories
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 36 37
A few small stories from the last year or so.

Two of them involve a FB group for trading and selling items on campus. The first one was a shoe rack, hand made looking for $150. It ... It was hideous and wasn't put together well. People told the guy that they would only probably give him like $5. He makes another post to sell it, this time calling it artistic and trying to sell it that way, still didn't work. I'm pretty sure he just chucked it out after winter break.

The next one was when exams were rolling by, a group of students post a joke post offering to 'sell' two of their friends to help study, of course one of the guys being 'sold' commented something along the lines of being 'a ladies man'. I'm pretty sure that post got everyone in that group to comment or react to it.

Then we have an on campus story, so the college I go to is up north and we get really bad snow storms going through between January and the end of March, February is the worst. And of course this college hates making sure students are safe, meaning no. salt. One day we get really bad black ice on the main sidewalk going north to south, students were keeping tallies on yikyak on how many times they fell. I took two steps out of my dorm, fell right down on my *** and slid the rest of the ramp way down. Got up crossed the street only to fall again, and again a little ways further. Luckily I only fell 3 times and learned to watch people in front of me to see where they slipped or fell. At least that day, you aren't the laughing stock of the college because we were all falling.

And one last one that happened to my suitemate within the first week of being there, she got hit by a car at a crosswalk while biking and while there were other people crossing. Pedestrians have right away in my state, so no matter how much the lady in the car pleaded that it was my suitemate's fault, she wouldn't have won since there is clearly a stop sign there. A few weeks later a professor got hit at the same spot too.
A few small stories from the last year or so.

Two of them involve a FB group for trading and selling items on campus. The first one was a shoe rack, hand made looking for $150. It ... It was hideous and wasn't put together well. People told the guy that they would only probably give him like $5. He makes another post to sell it, this time calling it artistic and trying to sell it that way, still didn't work. I'm pretty sure he just chucked it out after winter break.

The next one was when exams were rolling by, a group of students post a joke post offering to 'sell' two of their friends to help study, of course one of the guys being 'sold' commented something along the lines of being 'a ladies man'. I'm pretty sure that post got everyone in that group to comment or react to it.

Then we have an on campus story, so the college I go to is up north and we get really bad snow storms going through between January and the end of March, February is the worst. And of course this college hates making sure students are safe, meaning no. salt. One day we get really bad black ice on the main sidewalk going north to south, students were keeping tallies on yikyak on how many times they fell. I took two steps out of my dorm, fell right down on my *** and slid the rest of the ramp way down. Got up crossed the street only to fall again, and again a little ways further. Luckily I only fell 3 times and learned to watch people in front of me to see where they slipped or fell. At least that day, you aren't the laughing stock of the college because we were all falling.

And one last one that happened to my suitemate within the first week of being there, she got hit by a car at a crosswalk while biking and while there were other people crossing. Pedestrians have right away in my state, so no matter how much the lady in the car pleaded that it was my suitemate's fault, she wouldn't have won since there is clearly a stop sign there. A few weeks later a professor got hit at the same spot too.
28932619_ol7.gif ...
tyrian | she/her | +3
tumblr | toyhouse | fandragons
Haven't been on this thread for a while, but the notifications keep popping up... so heya folks... anyway.
°°°

My astronomy/physics professor told us just the other day that he gives exams on his birthday "Because I like watching people take exams."
And he regularly reminds us that (for certain circumstances) he will sit back and watch us suffer and that he will enjoy it. He has this very specific sort of grin he uses every time he says these things.

And my philosophy professor put a stuffed cat on the desk facing us during our final last year. He was quite a character.
Haven't been on this thread for a while, but the notifications keep popping up... so heya folks... anyway.
°°°

My astronomy/physics professor told us just the other day that he gives exams on his birthday "Because I like watching people take exams."
And he regularly reminds us that (for certain circumstances) he will sit back and watch us suffer and that he will enjoy it. He has this very specific sort of grin he uses every time he says these things.

And my philosophy professor put a stuffed cat on the desk facing us during our final last year. He was quite a character.
sig2.jpg
At my school, the biology class that all the science etc majors take is taught by this one professor. He (I'm pretty sure) loves bugs. The second part of the class, biology 101b, theres this lab project. You gotta catch like, over 70 different bugs, from at least 12 different orders or something, you need the glass case, the bug net, the whole nine yards.

Its really funny cause every year during finals week, I always see desperate students walking around with bug nets, putting flower bouquets at tables in hopes of attracting bugs. But the thing is, they get the whole semester to do this, but there's always people who leave it until the very last minute

I'm gonna take that class in the spring, it'll be interesting for sure
At my school, the biology class that all the science etc majors take is taught by this one professor. He (I'm pretty sure) loves bugs. The second part of the class, biology 101b, theres this lab project. You gotta catch like, over 70 different bugs, from at least 12 different orders or something, you need the glass case, the bug net, the whole nine yards.

Its really funny cause every year during finals week, I always see desperate students walking around with bug nets, putting flower bouquets at tables in hopes of attracting bugs. But the thing is, they get the whole semester to do this, but there's always people who leave it until the very last minute

I'm gonna take that class in the spring, it'll be interesting for sure
2yx11yq.png
@lillian1744

Ah, I must just not remember then.

I wish I had a good story but my first year wasn't weird enough. Closest thing I can come to is walking into my bathroom full of my suitmate's things because he was cleaning his room.
@lillian1744

Ah, I must just not remember then.

I wish I had a good story but my first year wasn't weird enough. Closest thing I can come to is walking into my bathroom full of my suitmate's things because he was cleaning his room.
djME0U2.gif
Well, technically I'm a high school student, but the school I go to is an early college high school, which means that the majority of the student body will be graduating with an Associates degree, and some of the classes are over at the local college (mostly in summer) so, it maybe counts..? I don't know but there's a ton of weird stories. Mostly because A) a lot of trouble making types don't want to go to my school in the first place. B)The ones that do try to go usually transfer out by the end of their first semester because they can't stand the workload, lack of sports, and general atmosphere of nerdy weirdness. C) The school has a policy of letting the students be "Self-policing" which works surprisingly well. So basically, if you pick on someone, everyone within ear shot will jump on you about it. As a result bullying is virtually non-existent by second semester (there's always a few freshman first semester that haven't learned their lesson yet...but they usually either stop or leave by the second semester.)

If it counts I have a lot of stories! ^_^'
Well, technically I'm a high school student, but the school I go to is an early college high school, which means that the majority of the student body will be graduating with an Associates degree, and some of the classes are over at the local college (mostly in summer) so, it maybe counts..? I don't know but there's a ton of weird stories. Mostly because A) a lot of trouble making types don't want to go to my school in the first place. B)The ones that do try to go usually transfer out by the end of their first semester because they can't stand the workload, lack of sports, and general atmosphere of nerdy weirdness. C) The school has a policy of letting the students be "Self-policing" which works surprisingly well. So basically, if you pick on someone, everyone within ear shot will jump on you about it. As a result bullying is virtually non-existent by second semester (there's always a few freshman first semester that haven't learned their lesson yet...but they usually either stop or leave by the second semester.)

If it counts I have a lot of stories! ^_^'
jdDV4Lt.png
@Sleepykitty - What. The. ****! O_O So I just read the post about the musical demon improv thing, and that was terrifying. Just reading it was - I mean - gosh. That is appalling! That whole thing just sounds so freaky. Are you sure they didn't actually summon a demon or something? If they did, I'm pretty sure it would be as confused as everyone else though. Because wow. Just, Wow. It's even scarier that the professors were actual participants in that chaos...
@Sleepykitty - What. The. ****! O_O So I just read the post about the musical demon improv thing, and that was terrifying. Just reading it was - I mean - gosh. That is appalling! That whole thing just sounds so freaky. Are you sure they didn't actually summon a demon or something? If they did, I'm pretty sure it would be as confused as everyone else though. Because wow. Just, Wow. It's even scarier that the professors were actual participants in that chaos...
jdDV4Lt.png
So it's that time of year again! Back to school. XD

Currently a dude in a dorm nearby (I have my window open) is singing opera. At least he's not bad?

I suppose I was the weird college story a while back; I cosplayed randomly on the last day of August, walking to town. XD
So it's that time of year again! Back to school. XD

Currently a dude in a dorm nearby (I have my window open) is singing opera. At least he's not bad?

I suppose I was the weird college story a while back; I cosplayed randomly on the last day of August, walking to town. XD
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
I go to a Christian college since I want to become a youth pastor. So anyways I have this one professor who is obsessed with nudists? I don't know where this obsession comes for or why he feels the need to teach us about prayer using nudists as an example but he does. He is a great guy and a great professor but I can't understand the whole nudist obsession.

One of my friends likes to randomly scream at things. I don't know why... I told her to be nice and she responded by hissing at me and chasing a leaf. In her defense she had just had two giant cups of coffee and a big cup of tea so that may have been a factor.

There's a guy here who is trying to make everything a lounge. The silent lounge is the "slounge" the student lounge is the "Stlounge" the commuter lounge is the "clounge" the parking lot is the "plounge" and the cafeteria is the "calounge" he basically takes the first letter or two of a word and puts lounge at the end of it and expects people to know what he's talking about.

At 12:30am my friend who happens to be the hissing screaming friend from earlier decided to take her speaker and play super loud rooster noises outside my door to wake my roommate up. We both woke up and she was furious. Usually the resident leader who lives in the dorm next door to us would have stopped something like that, but she's regularly out till 1 am or later and was gone the whole time. The rooster noises lasted for over 10 minutes.
I go to a Christian college since I want to become a youth pastor. So anyways I have this one professor who is obsessed with nudists? I don't know where this obsession comes for or why he feels the need to teach us about prayer using nudists as an example but he does. He is a great guy and a great professor but I can't understand the whole nudist obsession.

One of my friends likes to randomly scream at things. I don't know why... I told her to be nice and she responded by hissing at me and chasing a leaf. In her defense she had just had two giant cups of coffee and a big cup of tea so that may have been a factor.

There's a guy here who is trying to make everything a lounge. The silent lounge is the "slounge" the student lounge is the "Stlounge" the commuter lounge is the "clounge" the parking lot is the "plounge" and the cafeteria is the "calounge" he basically takes the first letter or two of a word and puts lounge at the end of it and expects people to know what he's talking about.

At 12:30am my friend who happens to be the hissing screaming friend from earlier decided to take her speaker and play super loud rooster noises outside my door to wake my roommate up. We both woke up and she was furious. Usually the resident leader who lives in the dorm next door to us would have stopped something like that, but she's regularly out till 1 am or later and was gone the whole time. The rooster noises lasted for over 10 minutes.
I was chescab, now I am ChescaCat.
I had two friends, Howard and Micheal, who were just.... [i]yeah[/i]. Once, during a free period, Micheal ran in to our common room, bit a girl on the shoulder and left. Our headteacher was informed and when she was watching the security footage she actually cried from laughter. During another free period, they had a competition to see who could meow the loudest. We had a teacher from a [i]different building[/i] come in and ask what the heck was going on. They had meowing contests frequently. Best part about it? We had an award ceremony at the end of the year and the[i] award for the loudest meow was included. [/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/5N1KqLi.png[/img] (Micheal won but I only took a picture of Howards name being mentioned because he asked me to) (Also, that's Howard off to the right in that pic, funnily enough :P )
I had two friends, Howard and Micheal, who were just.... yeah.

Once, during a free period, Micheal ran in to our common room, bit a girl on the shoulder and left. Our headteacher was informed and when she was watching the security footage she actually cried from laughter.

During another free period, they had a competition to see who could meow the loudest. We had a teacher from a different building come in and ask what the heck was going on. They had meowing contests frequently.
Best part about it? We had an award ceremony at the end of the year and the award for the loudest meow was included.
5N1KqLi.png
(Micheal won but I only took a picture of Howards name being mentioned because he asked me to)
(Also, that's Howard off to the right in that pic, funnily enough :P )
Tn4aWhc.png
Less of a story and more of a tip: get a pizza from little ceasers. Walk up and down the hallways in your dorm selling the slices for $1. People will buy it because they have to put no effort into getting the pizza, it smells good, and also half of them have a dollar but not enough for a whole pizza. Congratulations, now you have enough money to do laundry for like a month.
Less of a story and more of a tip: get a pizza from little ceasers. Walk up and down the hallways in your dorm selling the slices for $1. People will buy it because they have to put no effort into getting the pizza, it smells good, and also half of them have a dollar but not enough for a whole pizza. Congratulations, now you have enough money to do laundry for like a month.
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 36 37