Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Book Recommendations?
1 2
One of my favorite series is the "Wardstone Chronicles" (however ending of 13th tome is a... poop) by Joseph Delaney. Fantasy with many species of creatures from mythologies (celtic and german mainly). It's about an apprentice of scoop. Fighting with monster from Darkness is literally his job.
One of my favorite series is the "Wardstone Chronicles" (however ending of 13th tome is a... poop) by Joseph Delaney. Fantasy with many species of creatures from mythologies (celtic and german mainly). It's about an apprentice of scoop. Fighting with monster from Darkness is literally his job.
Try the 'Snow Like Ashes' series by Sara Raasch! It's a fictional-fantasy type book. I'm currently reading the first book and I love it!
Try the 'Snow Like Ashes' series by Sara Raasch! It's a fictional-fantasy type book. I'm currently reading the first book and I love it!
@Pixis

if you like medieval fiction, I highly recommend the Faithful and the Fallen series. It's written by a man called John Gwynne, and the story and world he has created is absolutely amazing! His books are large, but thoroughly captivating. You'll not want to put it down!
@Pixis

if you like medieval fiction, I highly recommend the Faithful and the Fallen series. It's written by a man called John Gwynne, and the story and world he has created is absolutely amazing! His books are large, but thoroughly captivating. You'll not want to put it down!
We are made of fear and blood
@Wolfra Thanks for the suggestion!
@Wolfra Thanks for the suggestion!
Code:
vbcYNEZ.png
Code:

ZhOjsSa.png
@OmegaCyclone I'll make sure to check it out!
@OmegaCyclone I'll make sure to check it out!
Code:
vbcYNEZ.png
Code:

ZhOjsSa.png
@Minik435 Sounds great! I'll jot it down on my to read list!
@Minik435 Sounds great! I'll jot it down on my to read list!
Code:
vbcYNEZ.png
Code:

ZhOjsSa.png
@Pixis

Honestly I recommend him to everyone but anything by Jack Vance, he's an old school Sci-fi/fantasy author and super good! He writes a lot of short stories too if you don't wanna read anything super long! The Moon Moth and Sail 25 are my 2 favorites by him!

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is a good Sci-fi novel too. It's the book that inspired the movie Blade Runner if you've ever seen it (although the movie wasn't an accurate adaption!)

Under the Dome is a great book too (way waaaaay better then the TV show adaption) but it's pretty long!
@Pixis

Honestly I recommend him to everyone but anything by Jack Vance, he's an old school Sci-fi/fantasy author and super good! He writes a lot of short stories too if you don't wanna read anything super long! The Moon Moth and Sail 25 are my 2 favorites by him!

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is a good Sci-fi novel too. It's the book that inspired the movie Blade Runner if you've ever seen it (although the movie wasn't an accurate adaption!)

Under the Dome is a great book too (way waaaaay better then the TV show adaption) but it's pretty long!
@Pixis
Any novel written by Brandon Sanderson is a good choice, yo. He writes mostly fantasy with science fiction sprinkled in. My favorite of his books is Mistborn but its pretty dark and kinda gory so that bugs you then you probably won't enjoy it, heh. But it is a wonderful read!
He also has Warbreaker for free, on Wattpad. The full book. No cuts. He's super awesome and chill like that.
Warbreaker itself is a very, very fun read. Hard to describe and the synopsis doesn't do it justice. It has some adult scenes and references (no hardcore scenes, mostly just implied), for a warning. The prologue is also a lil on the dark side but the book doesn't follow that trend.
I've read most of his books so I can tell you about any others he's written. All his adult fantasy novels (including Mistborn and Warbreaker!) are set on different planets in the same universe, and will all be tied in eventually. But you don't need to read one to understand the other. Its an underlying plot.

As for others, if you're into really long fantasy but have already read ASOIAF or LotR, I suggest The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. Its kinda hard to get into but its really good. It has 14 books. But towards 5 and on the series slows a lot (I'm on 7... been on 7 for a month...) but I hear it picks back up towards the end so if you wanna read books 1-4 and skip to like 12 or 13 and read summaries of the others you should be fine. Its hard to describe, but still pretty good.
@Pixis
Any novel written by Brandon Sanderson is a good choice, yo. He writes mostly fantasy with science fiction sprinkled in. My favorite of his books is Mistborn but its pretty dark and kinda gory so that bugs you then you probably won't enjoy it, heh. But it is a wonderful read!
He also has Warbreaker for free, on Wattpad. The full book. No cuts. He's super awesome and chill like that.
Warbreaker itself is a very, very fun read. Hard to describe and the synopsis doesn't do it justice. It has some adult scenes and references (no hardcore scenes, mostly just implied), for a warning. The prologue is also a lil on the dark side but the book doesn't follow that trend.
I've read most of his books so I can tell you about any others he's written. All his adult fantasy novels (including Mistborn and Warbreaker!) are set on different planets in the same universe, and will all be tied in eventually. But you don't need to read one to understand the other. Its an underlying plot.

As for others, if you're into really long fantasy but have already read ASOIAF or LotR, I suggest The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. Its kinda hard to get into but its really good. It has 14 books. But towards 5 and on the series slows a lot (I'm on 7... been on 7 for a month...) but I hear it picks back up towards the end so if you wanna read books 1-4 and skip to like 12 or 13 and read summaries of the others you should be fine. Its hard to describe, but still pretty good.
1 2