Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Noragami OCs?
1 2 3
As the name implies, do you have any Noragami OCs? I recently discovered this anime and i'm starting to really love it. Not a fan of the whole 'gods' factor since I'm a Christian, but I love the basic theme of it with regalias and spirit stuff and they fight dark phantoms.

Now I'm inspired to make my own OCs with my own regalias and everything... my naruto OC story has grown so complex with 8-9 years of creating it, so we'll see how this one goes...

Please show me your beautiful creations! :) I need inspiration
As the name implies, do you have any Noragami OCs? I recently discovered this anime and i'm starting to really love it. Not a fan of the whole 'gods' factor since I'm a Christian, but I love the basic theme of it with regalias and spirit stuff and they fight dark phantoms.

Now I'm inspired to make my own OCs with my own regalias and everything... my naruto OC story has grown so complex with 8-9 years of creating it, so we'll see how this one goes...

Please show me your beautiful creations! :) I need inspiration
iONBDu0.png
@Defiance

*summons the calamity god himself @LordYato because NORAGAMI*
@Defiance

*summons the calamity god himself @LordYato because NORAGAMI*
P5-StylizedTokyoSkylineDay.png METAVERSE
he/him
FR+3
Fandragon Hoarder
@Nympharia [size=2]*barges in DID SOMEONE SAY NORAGAMI *[/size] @Defiance [color=#0099ff][i]Hello! This is Yato! How can I help you? What's that you say? Developing an original character for a story? Sure! Call me a Character Developer at your service! I can sketch one out for ya![/i][/color] [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/01a588490eceb692bdbe4b73a4921c9b/tumblr_o537otulOI1vq17reo1_100.jpg[/img] Edit: (( I glossed over the "Show me your creations" part. I actually have beloved OCs in my own little world, but they're not really [i]Noragami[/i] related of sorts x.x Errr but for inspirations I have [url=http://mntacuyan.tumblr.com/image/135828610513]anthro bird ocs[/url] and [url=http://mntacuyan.tumblr.com/image/129030333568]some people[/url] whom I'm planning a webcomic on in the future ;)
@Nympharia
*barges in DID SOMEONE SAY NORAGAMI *

@Defiance

Hello! This is Yato! How can I help you? What's that you say? Developing an original character for a story? Sure! Call me a Character Developer at your service! I can sketch one out for ya!

tumblr_o537otulOI1vq17reo1_100.jpg

Edit:
(( I glossed over the "Show me your creations" part. I actually have beloved OCs in my own little world, but they're not really Noragami related of sorts x.x
Errr but for inspirations I have anthro bird ocs and some people whom I'm planning a webcomic on in the future ;)
tumblr_o537q169Y71vq17reo8_r1_75sq.png
dT9HQge.pngQ5PUVtn.gifmlHpBMC.png
working on an art shop...
@LordYato

Haha I love it! :D spot on rp

Thank you for showing me some of your OC designs! Lol are you serious about "sketch one out for ya"? Cause that would be epic XD it's fine if not though
@LordYato

Haha I love it! :D spot on rp

Thank you for showing me some of your OC designs! Lol are you serious about "sketch one out for ya"? Cause that would be epic XD it's fine if not though
iONBDu0.png
@Defiance
(( thanks :,) eversince I got his username I have my moments...

I rarely do free sketches, but I'm cool with doodling one if I'm inspired as well xD (though I might end up drawing my ocs pfff)

Anyway did you have anything on your Noragami OC yet?

In your previous post, you mentioned regalias and phantom stuff, and I wonder if you've encountered animes like Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist before, because they are pretty much similar (or I'd say "carry") the same concept.

I suppose the godly thing is something else. For me being a Catholic, I don't mind this stuff in anime. It's just a show, then I guess I am flexible with my religion. >u> I'm the type to even like that Jesus Buddha anime, Saint Young Men.
@Defiance
(( thanks :,) eversince I got his username I have my moments...

I rarely do free sketches, but I'm cool with doodling one if I'm inspired as well xD (though I might end up drawing my ocs pfff)

Anyway did you have anything on your Noragami OC yet?

In your previous post, you mentioned regalias and phantom stuff, and I wonder if you've encountered animes like Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist before, because they are pretty much similar (or I'd say "carry") the same concept.

I suppose the godly thing is something else. For me being a Catholic, I don't mind this stuff in anime. It's just a show, then I guess I am flexible with my religion. >u> I'm the type to even like that Jesus Buddha anime, Saint Young Men.
@LordYato No worries, I totally understand :) I found this hairstyle online, and I'm seriously considering using that. Face isn't set yet. He may look too friendly here ^^' and I like that tuft of hair yato has in some war scenes... so I may have borrowed that??? may not keep it XD [img]http://i.imgur.com/zVGD7S3.jpg[/img] Now I'm only on episode 7, so I don't know a whole lot about 'gods' and regalias yet, but for him I was thinking he came about by a wish for evil spirits to be driven away or defeated, maybe by someone who was being tormented/haunted, so that's what he does. He protects the humans from the spirits that want to destroy them. May be far fetched or cheesy, but Idk yet I started watching tokyo ghoul, but it got a bit much for me with eating humans and stuff. It looked cool but it's a little too far for me personally. I saw noragami a few weeks ago and saw the "gods" and turned it off, but I gave it a second chance. Cause like you said it's just anime. I absolutely love naruto and they talk about carrying demons in them ^^ so... yeah. I don't mind it too an extent
@LordYato

No worries, I totally understand :) I found this hairstyle online, and I'm seriously considering using that. Face isn't set yet. He may look too friendly here ^^' and I like that tuft of hair yato has in some war scenes... so I may have borrowed that??? may not keep it XD

zVGD7S3.jpg

Now I'm only on episode 7, so I don't know a whole lot about 'gods' and regalias yet, but for him I was thinking he came about by a wish for evil spirits to be driven away or defeated, maybe by someone who was being tormented/haunted, so that's what he does. He protects the humans from the spirits that want to destroy them. May be far fetched or cheesy, but Idk yet

I started watching tokyo ghoul, but it got a bit much for me with eating humans and stuff. It looked cool but it's a little too far for me personally. I saw noragami a few weeks ago and saw the "gods" and turned it off, but I gave it a second chance. Cause like you said it's just anime. I absolutely love naruto and they talk about carrying demons in them ^^ so... yeah. I don't mind it too an extent
iONBDu0.png
@Defiance

(( Mhmm! I'm lovin' the earring! It's a very nice touch!. You've got a really nice linework here too. He's looking good so far! Seems pretty devious too.

Tuft of hair? Did you mean his hair pony-tailed back or his bangs? I can see the inspiration here x)

EPISODE 7? NNNGH There's so much more to see and more feels to feel xux Have fun with the rest of the series!

Japan's a big fan of gods and spirits and demons, and they love putting it in their best works in anime. Considering, FullMetalAlchemist with the "Father" and their seven deadly sins too :D Yeah, once you dive further into Noragami anime/manga you'll find out more about their god concept. Other than that, it's not too much compared to say, FMA and BlueEx where they play with Satan and god themes.
@Defiance

(( Mhmm! I'm lovin' the earring! It's a very nice touch!. You've got a really nice linework here too. He's looking good so far! Seems pretty devious too.

Tuft of hair? Did you mean his hair pony-tailed back or his bangs? I can see the inspiration here x)

EPISODE 7? NNNGH There's so much more to see and more feels to feel xux Have fun with the rest of the series!

Japan's a big fan of gods and spirits and demons, and they love putting it in their best works in anime. Considering, FullMetalAlchemist with the "Father" and their seven deadly sins too :D Yeah, once you dive further into Noragami anime/manga you'll find out more about their god concept. Other than that, it's not too much compared to say, FMA and BlueEx where they play with Satan and god themes.
@LordYato There's lots of things I don't get though... they can eat, but they're spirits right? So how can they eat and why would they need to? Same with sleeping. Also, what's the point of them making money if they can't really buy things if most people can't see them? Just lots of stuff I'm trying to work out with imagining my own story Lol yes his pony-tail XD A little more or an original drawing. His feline regalia has a skeletal tail and maybe some spines running down his back... I ran out of time in class... and he's fiercely loyal. He almost never causes any stings. His sword his more of a rebel and frequently stings him and gets into a lot of arguments His shirt reminds me too much of a toga so I may change it [img]http://i.imgur.com/zzE8VJD.jpg[/img] It's killing me I haven't been able to watch it for a few days cause of work DX
@LordYato

There's lots of things I don't get though... they can eat, but they're spirits right? So how can they eat and why would they need to? Same with sleeping. Also, what's the point of them making money if they can't really buy things if most people can't see them? Just lots of stuff I'm trying to work out with imagining my own story

Lol yes his pony-tail XD

A little more or an original drawing. His feline regalia has a skeletal tail and maybe some spines running down his back... I ran out of time in class... and he's fiercely loyal. He almost never causes any stings. His sword his more of a rebel and frequently stings him and gets into a lot of arguments

His shirt reminds me too much of a toga so I may change it
zzE8VJD.jpg

It's killing me I haven't been able to watch it for a few days cause of work DX
iONBDu0.png
@Defiance [color=#0099ff][I]You're thinking about this way too hard! Geez, give us a break! Sure gods are beings of the Far Shore, but we have a history of experiencing a sense of humanity too! If humans from the Near Shore believe in us and wish for us, we have a purpose to serve them and in the process we relate to them. And what better way to relate to them, by the way they live? We can eat what humans can eat and live how humans can live to an extent. We also feel what they feel regardless if we have a regalia or not - again, to some extent. Some gods are just more extreme and judgemental - those types are usually prancin' around in the Heavens thinking highly and arrogantly of themselves. See, the closer we live among humans, the more we behave like one. Sometimes we don't even know it.[/I][/color] [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/412fb276c5442797c0ffb63fc8899c80/tumblr_o5cid3mDri1vq17reo7_100.jpg[/img] (( I had to have Yato answer this, because those were pretty hard questions for me actually and he's the expert... xD Also about the money-earning aspect in Noragami's gods, that is clearly explained in Season 2 for Yato, exactly halfway (perhaps in episode 7 or 8) Hence I'm stepping aside in answering that part~ hehehe. For other gods, like Bishamon I'm pretty sure it acts like a church donation. You know how when we go to church, we donate money for them to keep going? :D They work like that, but Yato has other reasons too. You might want to clarify what kinda cat that is~ Whatever the Near Shore offers is most likely the object for regalia to change to, like Bishamon with her Kuraha. Also the purer before they died they are the more shiny they are as a regalia... Consider: if your cat has some skeletal attributes, what was he or she like in the past? Lol!! Togas aren't so bad. Keep digging into his personality and from his interests you'll discover clothing possibilities galore! Always come up or polish the persona traits first before jumping into clothing choices... Like one of my own OCs is a business woman from China, making it big in the west and growing her company from ground up during the bootleg era, 1920s-1930s. I love dressing her after a 1920s Asian actress, gorgeous with the reds and lucky golds. OH! Perhaps a particular era for your character can superbly help design your clothes??? That's one great quality to consider for your OC too! :D One example is Nora with her ghostly Yukata from ancient times alongside Yato's old self. Research a good period for him and you'll find something sweet ^u^
@Defiance

You're thinking about this way too hard! Geez, give us a break! Sure gods are beings of the Far Shore, but we have a history of experiencing a sense of humanity too!

If humans from the Near Shore believe in us and wish for us, we have a purpose to serve them and in the process we relate to them. And what better way to relate to them, by the way they live? We can eat what humans can eat and live how humans can live to an extent. We also feel what they feel regardless if we have a regalia or not - again, to some extent. Some gods are just more extreme and judgemental - those types are usually prancin' around in the Heavens thinking highly and arrogantly of themselves.

See, the closer we live among humans, the more we behave like one. Sometimes we don't even know it.

tumblr_o5cid3mDri1vq17reo7_100.jpg

(( I had to have Yato answer this, because those were pretty hard questions for me actually and he's the expert... xD Also about the money-earning aspect in Noragami's gods, that is clearly explained in Season 2 for Yato, exactly halfway (perhaps in episode 7 or 8) Hence I'm stepping aside in answering that part~ hehehe. For other gods, like Bishamon I'm pretty sure it acts like a church donation. You know how when we go to church, we donate money for them to keep going? :D They work like that, but Yato has other reasons too.

You might want to clarify what kinda cat that is~ Whatever the Near Shore offers is most likely the object for regalia to change to, like Bishamon with her Kuraha. Also the purer before they died they are the more shiny they are as a regalia... Consider: if your cat has some skeletal attributes, what was he or she like in the past?

Lol!! Togas aren't so bad. Keep digging into his personality and from his interests you'll discover clothing possibilities galore! Always come up or polish the persona traits first before jumping into clothing choices... Like one of my own OCs is a business woman from China, making it big in the west and growing her company from ground up during the bootleg era, 1920s-1930s. I love dressing her after a 1920s Asian actress, gorgeous with the reds and lucky golds. OH! Perhaps a particular era for your character can superbly help design your clothes??? That's one great quality to consider for your OC too! :D
One example is Nora with her ghostly Yukata from ancient times alongside Yato's old self. Research a good period for him and you'll find something sweet ^u^
@LordYato

That's awesome XD thanks
Haha I know I Just think too much about the details when I imagine the story. Great answer though I have to admit.

I haven't looked too much into it. The more I watch the show the better idea I'll get. I got the idea from this, cause I saw it and thought that's frikkin epic... but he's not a lion and his hair is much shorter. I imagine him not having a lot of meat on his bones either, and I even considered him being all skeleton, but I'll figure something out. I like getting inspired by other people, but I hate copying them, so I always try to make my own original branched from their ideas if I didn't create it myself
http://xxblakwolfxx.deviantart.com/art/OC-Rashati-279216849

That's a great idea! :) thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and help with ideas <3
@LordYato

That's awesome XD thanks
Haha I know I Just think too much about the details when I imagine the story. Great answer though I have to admit.

I haven't looked too much into it. The more I watch the show the better idea I'll get. I got the idea from this, cause I saw it and thought that's frikkin epic... but he's not a lion and his hair is much shorter. I imagine him not having a lot of meat on his bones either, and I even considered him being all skeleton, but I'll figure something out. I like getting inspired by other people, but I hate copying them, so I always try to make my own original branched from their ideas if I didn't create it myself
http://xxblakwolfxx.deviantart.com/art/OC-Rashati-279216849

That's a great idea! :) thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and help with ideas <3
iONBDu0.png
1 2 3