Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | If you could instantly learn languages
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Hmm

1: Norwegian, Swedish or any other Scandinavian language, because where I'm from is pretty close to Norway (and historically used to be part of Norway), and I have no idea why but I sort of have an obsession with Scandinavia lmao

2: Armenian because System Of A Down (and understanding some of the stuff they say on stage haha) and being able to say and write things nobody I know would be able to work out, because if I bet I asked a random person in my class they'd probably say they've never heard of Armenia.
And also to be able to say stuff other than "hello", "where are you" and something else rather inappropriate... xD

3: German, maybe? So I can understand Rammstein songs. :)

funny how I can say the most random things in each of the languages I mentioned (smör = butter in Swedish) plus a few swear words and nothing of much use if I visited each country...

Hmm

1: Norwegian, Swedish or any other Scandinavian language, because where I'm from is pretty close to Norway (and historically used to be part of Norway), and I have no idea why but I sort of have an obsession with Scandinavia lmao

2: Armenian because System Of A Down (and understanding some of the stuff they say on stage haha) and being able to say and write things nobody I know would be able to work out, because if I bet I asked a random person in my class they'd probably say they've never heard of Armenia.
And also to be able to say stuff other than "hello", "where are you" and something else rather inappropriate... xD

3: German, maybe? So I can understand Rammstein songs. :)

funny how I can say the most random things in each of the languages I mentioned (smör = butter in Swedish) plus a few swear words and nothing of much use if I visited each country...

cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
This is a fun question. Always nice to see how people answer, too. I would hands down take that super power in a heart beart - ability to fully know and understand any language! Think of how much good you could do in the world.

For my top picks (in order), though:

1. Korean. Live in an area with a high population that speaks it. Generally I don't have a problem not being able to speak it, but it'd be cool to be able to. Also, lots of MMOs seem to be coming from South Korea lately. :T
2. German, Swedish, or Danish. German because of a strong ancestry with it that I would love to explore, and Danish because it just sounds like a lovely place to visit, really. Ditto for Sweden. I feel like if you visit a place that speaks a different language from you, it gives merit if you try to learn the language and understand the local culture. I think it's respectful, let alone just easier to navigate.
3. Japanese. I generally don't watch a lot of shows and even less anime these days, simply because I'm picky as they come. But! Video games. All the video games. That they don't release here. Yes, indeed!

I tried to learn Spanish in high school (second most spoken language where I used to live), and I had the grammar down pat (it made so much sense)! But I was awful with vocabulary. I just couldn't remember the words. That's the hardest part for me, and probably most people. I just don't have the memory for that stuff, unless I dedicates years to it.
This is a fun question. Always nice to see how people answer, too. I would hands down take that super power in a heart beart - ability to fully know and understand any language! Think of how much good you could do in the world.

For my top picks (in order), though:

1. Korean. Live in an area with a high population that speaks it. Generally I don't have a problem not being able to speak it, but it'd be cool to be able to. Also, lots of MMOs seem to be coming from South Korea lately. :T
2. German, Swedish, or Danish. German because of a strong ancestry with it that I would love to explore, and Danish because it just sounds like a lovely place to visit, really. Ditto for Sweden. I feel like if you visit a place that speaks a different language from you, it gives merit if you try to learn the language and understand the local culture. I think it's respectful, let alone just easier to navigate.
3. Japanese. I generally don't watch a lot of shows and even less anime these days, simply because I'm picky as they come. But! Video games. All the video games. That they don't release here. Yes, indeed!

I tried to learn Spanish in high school (second most spoken language where I used to live), and I had the grammar down pat (it made so much sense)! But I was awful with vocabulary. I just couldn't remember the words. That's the hardest part for me, and probably most people. I just don't have the memory for that stuff, unless I dedicates years to it.
xJ2w989.png
1. spanish because i'm taking it heh..
2. japanese in case i ever feel like watching a new series and i'm trash
3. latin because it's cool
high quality reasons tbh
1. spanish because i'm taking it heh..
2. japanese in case i ever feel like watching a new series and i'm trash
3. latin because it's cool
high quality reasons tbh
XF41cEI.png
null
gen one lair

info | skins
............... 74829039.png
1) Spanish. One of the main languages spoken here in the U.S, so yeh. Also I took a semester of it like...a couple years ago. :P

2) Japanese. I'm not even anime trash, but I'd love to visit Japan someday. To Bunny Island and Fox Village!! x3

3) Lapine. Yes, the rabbit language from Watership Down. I've already memorized everything in the book's glossary and I need more. Also want to know how to construct sentences in it.
1) Spanish. One of the main languages spoken here in the U.S, so yeh. Also I took a semester of it like...a couple years ago. :P

2) Japanese. I'm not even anime trash, but I'd love to visit Japan someday. To Bunny Island and Fox Village!! x3

3) Lapine. Yes, the rabbit language from Watership Down. I've already memorized everything in the book's glossary and I need more. Also want to know how to construct sentences in it.
8550aee9e6b0240ca32ebdcfd04fa62ae2e7e644.gif
73a7d53744f1550afcf2d03fe0ec197aeb84e76d.gif1b1f6d94f932296bf41fbe9a2c0ff9d5292c69d8.gif54b04308bbd423d93f4e5fc7fb40a5afee4f256d.gif6c8b9aca5e1946f522f766dc4d5891390b55bf3d.gif
z3FSuck.pngU0bFCPN.pngl8NOdbs.png
FqAY3t1.pnghh5n4WA.pngsbmtjDC.png
g31.png
Japanese, Gaelic, Elvish Russian.
Japanese, Gaelic, Elvish Russian.
og0rGtI.jpg
german, icelandic, and elvish (shhh it counts)
german, icelandic, and elvish (shhh it counts)
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
German, Russian, Romanian, Hungarian and Japanese
German, Russian, Romanian, Hungarian and Japanese
japanese, spanish, and idk what else
japanese, spanish, and idk what else
20iias5.png
Does it have to a human language? Could I choose dog? I wanna speak dog.
Does it have to a human language? Could I choose dog? I wanna speak dog.
1. Taiwan( I speak mandarin but my parents and relatives original dialect is Taiwanese. It'd also help when speaking with my grandmother since they all speak Taiwanese and can't speak mandarin worth a darn.)

2. Gaelic because, I like random obscure almost dead languages. XD

3. French, practical. My BA was in history. I'm currently in a masters for library science, but It'd be cool to read documents in French since I like French history and have considered doing a Ph.d in it. I also took French in high school and it'd be cool to boggle people's mind by speaking it fluently since while I can still read it a bit, my speaking of the language is absolutely horrid.
1. Taiwan( I speak mandarin but my parents and relatives original dialect is Taiwanese. It'd also help when speaking with my grandmother since they all speak Taiwanese and can't speak mandarin worth a darn.)

2. Gaelic because, I like random obscure almost dead languages. XD

3. French, practical. My BA was in history. I'm currently in a masters for library science, but It'd be cool to read documents in French since I like French history and have considered doing a Ph.d in it. I also took French in high school and it'd be cool to boggle people's mind by speaking it fluently since while I can still read it a bit, my speaking of the language is absolutely horrid.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.- Le petit prince.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15