Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Guide of Faes' emotions
1 2 3
[font=georgia]I've made this little reference/resource for Faes' emotions by basically redrawing the emojis in a bigger format so it's easier to see! I thought this might be useful for artists and writers who would like to portray Faes canonically. Feel free to use this image or only separate faces from it in dragon bios/threads, but please [i]leave credit[/i] to this thread or my profile! You also [i]can hue-shift the faces or recolor[/i] them, but you are [i]not allowed to add anything[/i] to them. [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/bPrw28m/faes.png[/img][/center] [font=georgia]I'm going to describe all the expressions just so it's clear for everyone. Not all the little crest movements are easy to see, so it might be helpful. Before we start, I'm going to use "left" and "right" meaning our left and right, not the dragon's. I'll also be using "crests" for the crests on the neck and "frills" for, well, the frills under/behind the ears. [emoji=fae angry] [b] Angry:[/b] Crests are perked up, left frill is down, right frill is parallel to the ground. [emoji=fae confused] [b] Confused:[/b] Left crest is folded back, left frill is parallel to the ground, right crest & frill are angled down. [emoji=fae deadpan] [b] Deadpan:[/b] Crests are in a natural position, frills are hanging down. [emoji=fae happy] [b] Happy:[/b] Both crests and frills are in their natural positions. [emoji=fae laughing] [b] Laughing:[/b] Crests are folded back, left frill is perked up, right frill is parallel to the ground. [emoji=fae love] [b] In Love:[/b] Frills are perked up, crests are angled down. [emoji=fae sad] [b] Sad:[/b] Crests are folded back, left frill is hanging down, right frill is in its natural position. [emoji=fae scared] [b] Scared:[/b] Crests and frills are perked up. [emoji=fae sleepy] [b] Sleeping:[/b] Crests are folded, frills are parallel to the ground. [emoji=fae star] [b] Wow:[/b] Crests are perked up, frills are down. [emoji=fae tongue] [b] Showing the Tongue:[/b] Left side is perked up, the right crest is folded, frill is parallel to the ground. [emoji=fae winking] [b] Wink:[/b] Left side angled down, the right crest is in its natural position, frill is perked up. Hope this is helpful! Please ping me if I missed something or made an error!
I've made this little reference/resource for Faes' emotions by basically redrawing the emojis in a bigger format so it's easier to see! I thought this might be useful for artists and writers who would like to portray Faes canonically.

Feel free to use this image or only separate faces from it in dragon bios/threads, but please leave credit to this thread or my profile! You also can hue-shift the faces or recolor them, but you are not allowed to add anything to them.

faes.png

I'm going to describe all the expressions just so it's clear for everyone. Not all the little crest movements are easy to see, so it might be helpful. Before we start, I'm going to use "left" and "right" meaning our left and right, not the dragon's. I'll also be using "crests" for the crests on the neck and "frills" for, well, the frills under/behind the ears.

Angry: Crests are perked up, left frill is down, right frill is parallel to the ground.
Confused: Left crest is folded back, left frill is parallel to the ground, right crest & frill are angled down.
Deadpan: Crests are in a natural position, frills are hanging down.
Happy: Both crests and frills are in their natural positions.
Laughing: Crests are folded back, left frill is perked up, right frill is parallel to the ground.
In Love: Frills are perked up, crests are angled down.
Sad: Crests are folded back, left frill is hanging down, right frill is in its natural position.
Scared: Crests and frills are perked up.
Sleeping: Crests are folded, frills are parallel to the ground.
Wow: Crests are perked up, frills are down.
Showing the Tongue: Left side is perked up, the right crest is folded, frill is parallel to the ground.
Wink: Left side angled down, the right crest is in its natural position, frill is perked up.

Hope this is helpful! Please ping me if I missed something or made an error!
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
[center][font=microsoft sans serif]Maybe put the corresponding emoji next to it's description? Like; [emoji=fae angry] [b]Angry[/b][/font][/center]
Maybe put the corresponding emoji next to it's description?
Like; Angry
They keep on kicking me down,
Tryin' to keep me underground,
But did I mention we were paving the way
for the new breed of bad seed?

10g pixel art - go on an adventure (wip) - wishlist/buying
@Dieter

This is such a brilliant idea that I'm kind of upset with myself for not coming up with it :'D
Anyways, done!
@Dieter

This is such a brilliant idea that I'm kind of upset with myself for not coming up with it :'D
Anyways, done!
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
im crying i lov this
im crying i lov this
.......................................................................................

Squid
He/Him/His
+3 FR
True Chaotic
My Scatterquest
Adoptables Shop
exugksw.png
your art is so good!
your art is so good!
I love this guide!
I love this guide!
Waystone1.gif
@neonhorns I linked to this guide in my progen fae's bio, I hope that's okay! (Will remove if requested of course)
@neonhorns I linked to this guide in my progen fae's bio, I hope that's okay! (Will remove if requested of course)
dFnwkLI.png
pZJYyk4.png
ePOliyb.png
77780318.png77918481.png[/img]
@Quillis

It's absolutely fine, feel free to use it!
@Quillis

It's absolutely fine, feel free to use it!
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
this is so cool!! thank you for making this [emoji=fae love]
this is so cool!! thank you for making this
tumblr_og90efWc6W1vzfkcno1_75sq.gif
god bless