Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Tool] Familiar Organizer - Autolist
1 2 3 4 5
@SilMyst

This looks very cool! I'll include a simplified breakdown of all the coli familiars with their respective venues and give you an honorable mention! ^ ^ Then, if people want further breakdowns, it's easily accessible but won't clutter up the main sheet.
@SilMyst

This looks very cool! I'll include a simplified breakdown of all the coli familiars with their respective venues and give you an honorable mention! ^ ^ Then, if people want further breakdowns, it's easily accessible but won't clutter up the main sheet.
k90SFdG.gif
Hey! I'm trying to get the sheet to update the needed tab - I couldn't get it working in Ice so I re-did the sheet in the arcane tab and it's still not updating. The named range is displaying as Arcane!B2:D726
Hey! I'm trying to get the sheet to update the needed tab - I couldn't get it working in Ice so I re-did the sheet in the arcane tab and it's still not updating. The named range is displaying as Arcane!B2:D726
image0.png
@handdrawnviolist

Sorry to hear that! I'll need you to change your Share settings* and toss me a link whenever you get the chance. I have a few ideas as to what may be happening, but I'll have to see the sheet and where certain formulas are located to be certain.

* In the upper right of the screen, just below the address bar, there'll be a blue "Share" button; click this and paste the link, keeping it the default "Anyone with a link can view". You can change this later if you'd like.
@handdrawnviolist

Sorry to hear that! I'll need you to change your Share settings* and toss me a link whenever you get the chance. I have a few ideas as to what may be happening, but I'll have to see the sheet and where certain formulas are located to be certain.

* In the upper right of the screen, just below the address bar, there'll be a blue "Share" button; click this and paste the link, keeping it the default "Anyone with a link can view". You can change this later if you'd like.
k90SFdG.gif
@fate2726

Here it is!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qtdEm75t1D0mLBT6HrnxvboBsqzJ1Za2zp9xTRyHRZI/edit?usp=sharing
@fate2726

Here it is!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qtdEm75t1D0mLBT6HrnxvboBsqzJ1Za2zp9xTRyHRZI/edit?usp=sharing
image0.png
@handdrawnviolist

Perfect! It does look like a simple fix thankfully - you did the right troubleshooting steps, it looks like the Query formula I used to filter the familiars is just case sensitive. Cell N4 in the Familiar Breakdown tab of the blank template has the fix, just copy that to N4 in the Familiar Breakdown tab in your sheet and it should fix the problem.

(It's hidden because Query will return an error if nothing comes back. Which means, once you get everything from a venue or specific area, you'll see an "N/A" in bolded red and wonder what the heck happened.)

You'll also need to fix cell W4 in the Coliseum Breakdown tab for the same reason, if you're using it. But once is all done, you're free to delete the tabs you're not using! They don't influence the filtering.

I'm out at the moment but if you'd like a picture walkthrough I can provide it no problem, it's just be a few hours. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!
@handdrawnviolist

Perfect! It does look like a simple fix thankfully - you did the right troubleshooting steps, it looks like the Query formula I used to filter the familiars is just case sensitive. Cell N4 in the Familiar Breakdown tab of the blank template has the fix, just copy that to N4 in the Familiar Breakdown tab in your sheet and it should fix the problem.

(It's hidden because Query will return an error if nothing comes back. Which means, once you get everything from a venue or specific area, you'll see an "N/A" in bolded red and wonder what the heck happened.)

You'll also need to fix cell W4 in the Coliseum Breakdown tab for the same reason, if you're using it. But once is all done, you're free to delete the tabs you're not using! They don't influence the filtering.

I'm out at the moment but if you'd like a picture walkthrough I can provide it no problem, it's just be a few hours. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!
k90SFdG.gif
Update

Both the Glitterfreeze Ambassador and Longneck Lampooner have been added to the blank template.

They've been added to new rows 269 and 364. Additionally, all Nymphs have had their locations changed to "Joxar's Spare Inventory" instead of "Joxar's Crate".

If anything looks wrong, please notify me.
Update

Both the Glitterfreeze Ambassador and Longneck Lampooner have been added to the blank template.

They've been added to new rows 269 and 364. Additionally, all Nymphs have had their locations changed to "Joxar's Spare Inventory" instead of "Joxar's Crate".

If anything looks wrong, please notify me.
k90SFdG.gif
@Fate2726 Firstly, I want to thank you for all the hard work you've put into this spreadsheet. It's incredibly helpful and I use it almost every day!
Secondly, I wanted to ask what might be a dumb question: would the Longneck Lampooner go under "Ambassadors" or another category?
@Fate2726 Firstly, I want to thank you for all the hard work you've put into this spreadsheet. It's incredibly helpful and I use it almost every day!
Secondly, I wanted to ask what might be a dumb question: would the Longneck Lampooner go under "Ambassadors" or another category?
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
@AstralDragons

You're very welcome! It started out as a little side project that I kept getting mad at because it wouldn't do the thing refining down until it functioned correctly, then figured to free this monster onto the forums. ^·^ Always always, it's awesome to know people like yourself get some rad use out of the sheets!

And, might I just say, that's a brilliant question! As the Longneck Lampooner is the accompanying familiar for the Glitterfreeze Ambassador, I could already see the two being listed together as Ambassadors. By definition of "Lampooner" and their item descriptio, it would also (varying by interpretation of the two) be feasible to say the same.

Hope this helps!

Definition wrote:
- A sharp, often virulent satire directed against an individual or institution; a work of literature, art, or the like, ridiculing severely the character or behavior of a person, society, etc.
(Dictionary.com)

- A piece of writing, a drawing, etc. that criticizes a famous person or a public organization in a humorous way, allowing their or its bad qualities to be seen and making them or it seem stupid.
(Cambridge Dictionary, in this case Lampooner would be the creator of such pieces).
@AstralDragons

You're very welcome! It started out as a little side project that I kept getting mad at because it wouldn't do the thing refining down until it functioned correctly, then figured to free this monster onto the forums. ^·^ Always always, it's awesome to know people like yourself get some rad use out of the sheets!

And, might I just say, that's a brilliant question! As the Longneck Lampooner is the accompanying familiar for the Glitterfreeze Ambassador, I could already see the two being listed together as Ambassadors. By definition of "Lampooner" and their item descriptio, it would also (varying by interpretation of the two) be feasible to say the same.

Hope this helps!

Definition wrote:
- A sharp, often virulent satire directed against an individual or institution; a work of literature, art, or the like, ridiculing severely the character or behavior of a person, society, etc.
(Dictionary.com)

- A piece of writing, a drawing, etc. that criticizes a famous person or a public organization in a humorous way, allowing their or its bad qualities to be seen and making them or it seem stupid.
(Cambridge Dictionary, in this case Lampooner would be the creator of such pieces).
k90SFdG.gif
Awesome, thank you so much!!
Awesome, thank you so much!!
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
[center][color=#cc0099][size=5]Update[/size][/color] [br] [color=#7730b5]Both the [b]Chocolate Noggle[/b] and [b]Strawberry Noggle[/b] have been added to the blank template. They've been added to new rows 117 and 641. Additionally, there has been a minor update to the "Misc." column within the "Needed (Breakdown)" tab to include all Valentine's event familiars. To view the code, see Cell L4 in the "Needed (Breakdown)" tab. Alternatively, the new code is also as follows:[/color][/center] [br] [quote=Code - Replace or Edit old code in the Misc. Column] =QUERY(N5:O, "select N where (O contains 'Gift') or (O contains 'April') or (O contains 'Beta') or (O contains 'Kickstarter') or (O contains 'FR') or (O contains 'February')",1)[/quote] [br] [br] -----
Update

Both the Chocolate Noggle and Strawberry Noggle have been added to the blank template.

They've been added to new rows 117 and 641. Additionally, there has been a minor update to the "Misc." column within the "Needed (Breakdown)" tab to include all Valentine's event familiars. To view the code, see Cell L4 in the "Needed (Breakdown)" tab. Alternatively, the new code is also as follows:

Code - Replace or Edit old code in the Misc. Column wrote:
=QUERY(N5:O, "select N where (O contains 'Gift') or (O contains 'April') or (O contains 'Beta') or (O contains 'Kickstarter') or (O contains 'FR') or (O contains 'February')",1)

k90SFdG.gif
1 2 3 4 5