Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Hatchery Checklist
1 2 3
[center][b]Hatchery Checklist[/b][/center] This guide presents tips on making and maintaining a hatchery in a quick and neat format for easy reference. Other hatchery guides can be overwhelming, and they can be difficult to read when looking at them as reference tools. This guide can be treated as a checklist or cheat sheet. If you are seeking a comprehensive guide to hatcheries, check out icyfuzz's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/968221/1]how-to guide[/url] or Acacophony's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1252064]guide[/url]. [center][b]Sections[/b][/center] These are sections you can include in your hatchery. I would suggest placing them in individual posts. The order is up to you; however, hatchlings should be near the top. Not all sections are necessary. [list] [*]Welcome: A short intro, possibly with rules integrated [*]Dragons for Sale [*]Nesting Now [*]Breeding Pairs [*]Affiliates and Associations [*]Rules [*]Additional Services: Such as dragon leveling, bios, or art; advertise your own services and link to your other threads [*]Upcoming Pairs [*]Dragons Sold: Keep this short to avoid long loading times [/list] [center][b]Information[/b][/center] Additional information you can provide in the posts above or in new posts. Not all listed information is required. Suggested posts to include this information in are provided in parentheses. [list] [*]Gem to treasure ratio, if you accept both (Rules/Welcome) [*]Alternative payment methods (Rules/Welcome) [*]Discounts (Rules/Welcome) [*]Previews of a pair's hatchlings (Breeding Pairs) [*]Predicted price (Breeding Pairs) [*]Adult previews of hatchlings (Dragons for Sale) [*]Pinglists (Welcome/Rules/Breeding Pairs) - Can maintain in an offsite document [*]Additional available eye colors (Rules/Welcome/Breeding Pairs) [/list] [center][b]Pairs[/b][/center] [list] [*]Invest mainly in pairs that have close ranges [*]Invest in pairs with popular genes and breeds [*]Invest in the newest genes and save money for new releases [*]Check the auction house for similar dragons in order to evaluate the price and check if it's profitable [/list] [center][b]Additional Suggestions[/b][/center] Advice for maintaining your hatchery efficiently. [list] [*]Track pairs' breeding times (example tool [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1390751/1]here[/url]) [*]Track sales offsite and adjust prices accordingly [*]Browse the Dragon Sales forum [*]Post about new dragons and pairs on social media [*]Invest in custom graphics [*]Advertise your hatchery in your signature [*]Make your text uniform and easy to read [*]Bold keywords in your hatchery's rules and keep wording brief [*]For group-run hatcheries, create only a single rules post, a single sales post, and a single pairs post [*]Be prepared to exalt dragons that don't sell [/list]
Hatchery Checklist

This guide presents tips on making and maintaining a hatchery in a quick and neat format for easy reference. Other hatchery guides can be overwhelming, and they can be difficult to read when looking at them as reference tools. This guide can be treated as a checklist or cheat sheet.

If you are seeking a comprehensive guide to hatcheries, check out icyfuzz's how-to guide or Acacophony's guide.

Sections

These are sections you can include in your hatchery. I would suggest placing them in individual posts. The order is up to you; however, hatchlings should be near the top. Not all sections are necessary.

• Welcome: A short intro, possibly with rules integrated
  • Dragons for Sale
  • Nesting Now
  • Breeding Pairs
  • Affiliates and Associations
  • Rules
  • Additional Services: Such as dragon leveling, bios, or art; advertise your own services and link to your other threads
  • Upcoming Pairs
  • Dragons Sold: Keep this short to avoid long loading times

Information

Additional information you can provide in the posts above or in new posts. Not all listed information is required. Suggested posts to include this information in are provided in parentheses.

• Gem to treasure ratio, if you accept both (Rules/Welcome)
  • Alternative payment methods (Rules/Welcome)
  • Discounts (Rules/Welcome)
  • Previews of a pair's hatchlings (Breeding Pairs)
  • Predicted price (Breeding Pairs)
  • Adult previews of hatchlings (Dragons for Sale)
  • Pinglists (Welcome/Rules/Breeding Pairs) - Can maintain in an offsite document
  • Additional available eye colors (Rules/Welcome/Breeding Pairs)

Pairs

• Invest mainly in pairs that have close ranges
  • Invest in pairs with popular genes and breeds
  • Invest in the newest genes and save money for new releases
  • Check the auction house for similar dragons in order to evaluate the price and check if it's profitable

Additional Suggestions

Advice for maintaining your hatchery efficiently.

• Track pairs' breeding times (example tool here)
  • Track sales offsite and adjust prices accordingly
  • Browse the Dragon Sales forum
  • Post about new dragons and pairs on social media
  • Invest in custom graphics
  • Advertise your hatchery in your signature
  • Make your text uniform and easy to read
  • Bold keywords in your hatchery's rules and keep wording brief
  • For group-run hatcheries, create only a single rules post, a single sales post, and a single pairs post
  • Be prepared to exalt dragons that don't sell

post 2
post 2
post 3
post 3
post 4

Might come back and flesh this out more later with more links.
post 4

Might come back and flesh this out more later with more links.
Ooohhhh. A hatchery guide. Can't wait for this to finish! Bookmarking to remember this. :3
Ooohhhh. A hatchery guide. Can't wait for this to finish! Bookmarking to remember this. :3
@Vely

Is this finished? (I'm wanting to start one)
@Vely

Is this finished? (I'm wanting to start one)
z0HlerP.png
@QueenRed

Basically. There's not much more I could add without keeping this from being just a checklist. Check out other guides for more thorough details on what a hatchery should have.
@QueenRed

Basically. There's not much more I could add without keeping this from being just a checklist. Check out other guides for more thorough details on what a hatchery should have.
@Vely - I definitely referenced the two guide links you featured in your first post way back when I started my hatchery, and they're great resources! I also think the checklist you provided is really comprehensive and covers everything to make sure that hatcheries are well organized!

Also, would you mind if I linked your Hatchery Checklist in my Fandom Breeder Directory guide?
@Vely - I definitely referenced the two guide links you featured in your first post way back when I started my hatchery, and they're great resources! I also think the checklist you provided is really comprehensive and covers everything to make sure that hatcheries are well organized!

Also, would you mind if I linked your Hatchery Checklist in my Fandom Breeder Directory guide?
Z1uQeIX.png
@Underooz

Go ahead!
@Underooz

Go ahead!
This is super useful!
This is super useful!
PQznZys.png
1 2 3