Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Lair Tracker 3.2 [ NEW THREAD ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
THE THREAD HAS MOVED.

As I am no longer active, Wyndwren has graciously offered to keep it up to date in my stead. The new thread may be found by clicking the above giant link. :P

Welcome to the Lair Companion v3.2!

Click here to access the spreadsheet!

This Lair Companion was originally made and maintained by the amazing Xenoviel, however, he eventually found that his time was too short to properly maintain it. This is where I stepped in and took over updating the spreadsheet. Several gene updates later, it became obvious that people were still pinging him, despite his hiatus, and that the thread title was important to be able to edit, so I messaged Xenoviel and asked his permission to remake the thread. A month or two after, I finally got around to doing it, as of the release of Vipera and Hypnotic.

The original thread is still available here, and I give Xenoviel full credit for having come up with the spreadsheet and made it all work. All I do is keep it updated with new genes.
THE THREAD HAS MOVED.

As I am no longer active, Wyndwren has graciously offered to keep it up to date in my stead. The new thread may be found by clicking the above giant link. :P

Welcome to the Lair Companion v3.2!

Click here to access the spreadsheet!

This Lair Companion was originally made and maintained by the amazing Xenoviel, however, he eventually found that his time was too short to properly maintain it. This is where I stepped in and took over updating the spreadsheet. Several gene updates later, it became obvious that people were still pinging him, despite his hiatus, and that the thread title was important to be able to edit, so I messaged Xenoviel and asked his permission to remake the thread. A month or two after, I finally got around to doing it, as of the release of Vipera and Hypnotic.

The original thread is still available here, and I give Xenoviel full credit for having come up with the spreadsheet and made it all work. All I do is keep it updated with new genes.
o.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.png yCzY.png
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

Updates and Changelog

Most of the actual spreadsheet changes and updates will still be kept track of on the Changelog tab of the spreadsheet. This post is for general news.

February 26th, 2015 -- Permission granted from Xenoviel to create a new thread, provided credit is given.
March 30th, 2015 -- New thread finally created. Whoops, that took forever.
October 31st, 2015 -- Changed the way that the spreadsheet data entry for gene rarity worked due to overwhelming results on a previous poll. Everything should now display even percentages, and it's less work on the data entry side so genes can be added more quickly.
June 19th, 2016 -- Finally finished (99% thanks to Xenoviel) the Pair Workshop on the new color sheet, which means that 3.1.0 is ready to launch!
Updates and Changelog

Most of the actual spreadsheet changes and updates will still be kept track of on the Changelog tab of the spreadsheet. This post is for general news.

February 26th, 2015 -- Permission granted from Xenoviel to create a new thread, provided credit is given.
March 30th, 2015 -- New thread finally created. Whoops, that took forever.
October 31st, 2015 -- Changed the way that the spreadsheet data entry for gene rarity worked due to overwhelming results on a previous poll. Everything should now display even percentages, and it's less work on the data entry side so genes can be added more quickly.
June 19th, 2016 -- Finally finished (99% thanks to Xenoviel) the Pair Workshop on the new color sheet, which means that 3.1.0 is ready to launch!
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

FAQ

I have a problem. Fix it!
For problems with the spreadsheet, please provide as much detail about what problem you're having, and, if you can tell, what seems to be prompting it. It's also VERY helpful to link to your copy of the spreadsheet so I can take a look at it myself and see what I can figure out.

Can you add X, Y, or Z feature?
Probably not. Xenoviel is the mastermind coder, and as he is busy with his real life obligations, I'm limited to what I can figure out myself. If you have an idea, still feel free to post it, but new features probably will not be added.

Can you add more pairs to the Pair Workshop tab?
Straight from Xenoviel's explanation: There are 176 cells containing formulas for each pair on that tab. That's 880 formulas on the sheet. Every time a dragon is chosen from one of the dropdown menus at least 88 formulas have to update. Every additional pair added to the workshop means another 176 formulas on the sheet that might need to be updated. The workload on the spreadsheet, being run over Google Sheets, is fairly high (evidenced by the visible delay between a change and when everything is updated) and I am not comfortable with increasing it to further than it already is.

tl;dr no, because reasons.

Can I add more pairs to the Pair Workshop tab?
Straight from Xenoviel: On your own copy of the sheet, feel free to do so. Please keep my comments about workload in mind.

Can I modify the sheet and/or share my modifications with everyone?
Straight from Xenoviel: Yup. As far as I am concerned, this spreadsheet can be considered open source. Were I in a position to license it as such, I would use the Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share-Alike license. Meaning that I would like to be credited in your derivative work, I don't want anyone charging treasure/gems or anything for the sheet and I ask that anyone who does make a modified version stick to the same standard.
FAQ

I have a problem. Fix it!
For problems with the spreadsheet, please provide as much detail about what problem you're having, and, if you can tell, what seems to be prompting it. It's also VERY helpful to link to your copy of the spreadsheet so I can take a look at it myself and see what I can figure out.

Can you add X, Y, or Z feature?
Probably not. Xenoviel is the mastermind coder, and as he is busy with his real life obligations, I'm limited to what I can figure out myself. If you have an idea, still feel free to post it, but new features probably will not be added.

Can you add more pairs to the Pair Workshop tab?
Straight from Xenoviel's explanation: There are 176 cells containing formulas for each pair on that tab. That's 880 formulas on the sheet. Every time a dragon is chosen from one of the dropdown menus at least 88 formulas have to update. Every additional pair added to the workshop means another 176 formulas on the sheet that might need to be updated. The workload on the spreadsheet, being run over Google Sheets, is fairly high (evidenced by the visible delay between a change and when everything is updated) and I am not comfortable with increasing it to further than it already is.

tl;dr no, because reasons.

Can I add more pairs to the Pair Workshop tab?
Straight from Xenoviel: On your own copy of the sheet, feel free to do so. Please keep my comments about workload in mind.

Can I modify the sheet and/or share my modifications with everyone?
Straight from Xenoviel: Yup. As far as I am concerned, this spreadsheet can be considered open source. Were I in a position to license it as such, I would use the Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share-Alike license. Meaning that I would like to be credited in your derivative work, I don't want anyone charging treasure/gems or anything for the sheet and I ask that anyone who does make a modified version stick to the same standard.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

Thanks and Acknowledgements

A huge thank you to Xenoviel, who made the original sheet, and allowed me to basically take it over and keep it running when real life obligations took over his schedule. Also, even more thanks for putting up with my occasional dumb question over skype when I'm stuck trying to figure out a problem.

Thanks also to Kiena, who ran the Breeding Rarity Comparisons thread where I pull the stats from originally, as well as Straif who took over and created a new thread when the old one became out of date.

Further thanks to everyone who finds issues I overlook (be that typos, out of date code, etc.). I try to give you credit on the Changelog as well, but here's another more general thanks for your aid. :)
Thanks and Acknowledgements

A huge thank you to Xenoviel, who made the original sheet, and allowed me to basically take it over and keep it running when real life obligations took over his schedule. Also, even more thanks for putting up with my occasional dumb question over skype when I'm stuck trying to figure out a problem.

Thanks also to Kiena, who ran the Breeding Rarity Comparisons thread where I pull the stats from originally, as well as Straif who took over and created a new thread when the old one became out of date.

Further thanks to everyone who finds issues I overlook (be that typos, out of date code, etc.). I try to give you credit on the Changelog as well, but here's another more general thanks for your aid. :)
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

Ping list

Moved to the document so I stop accidentally pinging people more than necessary. Sorry for additional pings you got before!
Ping list

Moved to the document so I stop accidentally pinging people more than necessary. Sorry for additional pings you got before!
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42