Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Rooster 2-Fodder Build for Harpy
1 2 3 4 5 6
Pinging myself to look at this later! @Finian
Pinging myself to look at this later! @Finian
7OfRPKX.png
@achi

why is i not pingggeeeed?
@achi

why is i not pingggeeeed?
lumos_noxsig.png
@Achi Wasn't this build already figured out here, along with quite a few other options to personalize it to your playing style?
@Achi Wasn't this build already figured out here, along with quite a few other options to personalize it to your playing style?
@Daddyselephant That's a slightly different build, also developed in March and also designed for the Harpy's roost (guess we were both thinking about the festival!).

Our build is 108STR/ 85QCK/18VIT. So it's a little stronger and a little faster, but with less vitality.

This allows our build to rally + eliminate all non-boss monsters, including the aviars which a lower strength would not allow. 85 QCK is the quickness that we calculated was necessary to always reclaim a turn by doing haste, regardless of who your enemy is. It makes the build very easy to use (you don't really need to pay attention who you're fighting against, as long as it's not a boss), which is ideal for say watching TV & training fodder.

That said, there's nothing wrong with Redfoot's build. It also works - it has a little more health, which is a safety buffer, and as long as you have some awareness of the quicker and stronger monsters, it works perfectly well. They also have a nice 'compromise' build if you want to use the same trainer for crystal pools and harpy's roost, which I'm sure some might. I prefer the build we developed because I like to be pretty inattentive to the coli and I have enough coli dragons that I don't really need anyone doing double-duty. :)

Hope that helps!
@Daddyselephant That's a slightly different build, also developed in March and also designed for the Harpy's roost (guess we were both thinking about the festival!).

Our build is 108STR/ 85QCK/18VIT. So it's a little stronger and a little faster, but with less vitality.

This allows our build to rally + eliminate all non-boss monsters, including the aviars which a lower strength would not allow. 85 QCK is the quickness that we calculated was necessary to always reclaim a turn by doing haste, regardless of who your enemy is. It makes the build very easy to use (you don't really need to pay attention who you're fighting against, as long as it's not a boss), which is ideal for say watching TV & training fodder.

That said, there's nothing wrong with Redfoot's build. It also works - it has a little more health, which is a safety buffer, and as long as you have some awareness of the quicker and stronger monsters, it works perfectly well. They also have a nice 'compromise' build if you want to use the same trainer for crystal pools and harpy's roost, which I'm sure some might. I prefer the build we developed because I like to be pretty inattentive to the coli and I have enough coli dragons that I don't really need anyone doing double-duty. :)

Hope that helps!
lumos_noxsig.png
Decided to give this guide a little bump. Roosters are perfect for fodder training during the Mistral Jamboree. My boy is getting a lot of use this week. <3
Decided to give this guide a little bump. Roosters are perfect for fodder training during the Mistral Jamboree. My boy is getting a lot of use this week. <3
lumos_noxsig.png
@Achi
What a gift this guide is!! I've got a few dragons who could suit this build, now I just have to decide who to tincture. So proud of my Lightmates.

I'd love to be added to the pinglist, please!
@Achi
What a gift this guide is!! I've got a few dragons who could suit this build, now I just have to decide who to tincture. So proud of my Lightmates.

I'd love to be added to the pinglist, please!
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
@Artorias Added! We haven't had to use it since there have been no significant changes to the Harpy's Roost but with the coli rewrite coming up... who knows! Personally, I use my rooster a lot because it's very rare I need to restart with him and Harpy's Roost is so great for food.
@Artorias Added! We haven't had to use it since there have been no significant changes to the Harpy's Roost but with the coli rewrite coming up... who knows! Personally, I use my rooster a lot because it's very rare I need to restart with him and Harpy's Roost is so great for food.
lumos_noxsig.png
@mirres try this build
@mirres try this build
@Achi Have you ever considered trying Anticipate for the energy stone? There's an Anticipate build for Ghostlight that I've tried and found it is quite effective. It may require giving up some quickness for vitality, but it could work.
@Achi Have you ever considered trying Anticipate for the energy stone? There's an Anticipate build for Ghostlight that I've tried and found it is quite effective. It may require giving up some quickness for vitality, but it could work.
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
@warriorjames I remember we tried meditate/bolster, which we decided against, but anticipate might be a fun variation. I am not really sure how anticipate works; I really haven't used it. I might read up on the ghostlight build and see whether there's potential do one for Harpy's Roost. If you reduce QCK, you won't get a turn back against all opponents when using haste (although there's only a few truly fast ones so there's potential to get away with it).
@warriorjames I remember we tried meditate/bolster, which we decided against, but anticipate might be a fun variation. I am not really sure how anticipate works; I really haven't used it. I might read up on the ghostlight build and see whether there's potential do one for Harpy's Roost. If you reduce QCK, you won't get a turn back against all opponents when using haste (although there's only a few truly fast ones so there's potential to get away with it).
lumos_noxsig.png
1 2 3 4 5 6