Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Boreal Brawler
1 2 3
Bump so I can find and bookmark this cool idea
Bump so I can find and bookmark this cool idea
swzhP8S.pngtumblr_o4dgmvU6uv1ufp9pbo1_100.png196.png
@Redfoot Is there any benchmark for how fast I'd have to be to get a second turn against everything if I had my dragon use Haste?
@Redfoot Is there any benchmark for how fast I'd have to be to get a second turn against everything if I had my dragon use Haste?
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

@ScienceGal8 I haven't run any tests with Haste, and to be honest I'm not sure how much it modifies speed. If you try it out, let me know!
Just finished training up my own brawler yesterday and would like to report this build works wonderfully! Slower than the mireflyer, sure, but I can finally kill the boss without having to pick a deity and pray. The satisfaction of killing that darn yeti (and the general change of pace) is ample compensation. :D

Used the default build, and thanks to the higher health I'm wondering if this would be viable with a regeneration (+ Gotta Go Fast variant?). You'd probably have to stall with scratch and/or defending a bit, but I've tried similar technique with my two Golem Workshop grinders and, barring unlucky crits, it basically lets me keep going forever. It definitely seems less risky than, say, slapping a regen on everyone's favorite swampy glass cannon. I'm definitely no Coli expert though, just tossing the idea out there. ;I
Just finished training up my own brawler yesterday and would like to report this build works wonderfully! Slower than the mireflyer, sure, but I can finally kill the boss without having to pick a deity and pray. The satisfaction of killing that darn yeti (and the general change of pace) is ample compensation. :D

Used the default build, and thanks to the higher health I'm wondering if this would be viable with a regeneration (+ Gotta Go Fast variant?). You'd probably have to stall with scratch and/or defending a bit, but I've tried similar technique with my two Golem Workshop grinders and, barring unlucky crits, it basically lets me keep going forever. It definitely seems less risky than, say, slapping a regen on everyone's favorite swampy glass cannon. I'm definitely no Coli expert though, just tossing the idea out there. ;I
@SharkBait2002
@SharkBait2002
@Redfoot Nvm. I didn't knew that first place dom gives you a visual +1 on stats xD ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I am currently testing the Gotta go fast option and you might want to up the Str by 1 cause 96 is not enough to one hit the elks with an rallied eliminiate. 97 allows you to one hit everything except the boss. Also is there a special reason why Vit is only 33? Cause I'm having 24 points left what would allow me to up Vit to 36. My test dragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20762724] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/207628/20762724_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Redfoot
Nvm. I didn't knew that first place dom gives you a visual +1 on stats xD

I am currently testing the Gotta go fast option and you might want to up the Str by 1 cause 96 is not enough to one hit the elks with an rallied eliminiate. 97 allows you to one hit everything except the boss.
Also is there a special reason why Vit is only 33? Cause I'm having 24 points left what would allow me to up Vit to 36.
My test dragon

20762724_350.png
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
@Katargo

You have to remember that +1 Flight Dominance is just a visual display, it doesn't really add stat points, so the dragon has 96 STR / 92 QCK / 32 VIT.
@Katargo

You have to remember that +1 Flight Dominance is just a visual display, it doesn't really add stat points, so the dragon has 96 STR / 92 QCK / 32 VIT.
@Maki thats a thing? Oo Learn something new everyday lol. Good thing I didn't spend those extra points. Thanks for pointing it out

@/Redfoot Sorry for that xD
@Maki thats a thing? Oo Learn something new everyday lol. Good thing I didn't spend those extra points. Thanks for pointing it out

@/Redfoot Sorry for that xD
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
@Redfoot

Since this build was still fresh in my mind from the Gala, I figured I'd play with my Brawler some more in the coli beta.

Assuming nothing changes before the live update, here is how the turn sequences broke down for me with the first-turn bug gone:

Quick + Slow: Rally, Eliminate Quick, Scratch/Sap, Eliminate Slow
Quick x2: Rally, Eliminate, Eliminate
Slow x2: Rally, Eliminate, Scratch/Sap, Eliminate
Quick x2 + Slow: Rally, Eliminate Quick, Eliminate Quick, Eliminate Slow
Quick, Slow x2: Rally, Eliminate Quick, Eliminate Slow, Eliminate Slow
Quick x3: Rally, Eliminate, Eliminate, get hit, Scratch/Sap, Eliminate
Slow x3: Rally, Eliminate, Eliminate, Eliminate
Longnecks: Rally, Eliminate Hunters then Wanderers
Yeti: Rally, Scratch/Sap, Scratch/Sap, Eliminate
Yeti + Other: Rally, Eliminate Other, Scratch/Sap, Scratch/Sap, get hit, Scratch/Sap, Eliminate.

(Underlined scratch/saps not necessary for the KO and can be skipped unless you need the extra breath/health.)

I still love this build, and it's going to be even better for the fest next year!
@Redfoot

Since this build was still fresh in my mind from the Gala, I figured I'd play with my Brawler some more in the coli beta.

Assuming nothing changes before the live update, here is how the turn sequences broke down for me with the first-turn bug gone:

Quick + Slow: Rally, Eliminate Quick, Scratch/Sap, Eliminate Slow
Quick x2: Rally, Eliminate, Eliminate
Slow x2: Rally, Eliminate, Scratch/Sap, Eliminate
Quick x2 + Slow: Rally, Eliminate Quick, Eliminate Quick, Eliminate Slow
Quick, Slow x2: Rally, Eliminate Quick, Eliminate Slow, Eliminate Slow
Quick x3: Rally, Eliminate, Eliminate, get hit, Scratch/Sap, Eliminate
Slow x3: Rally, Eliminate, Eliminate, Eliminate
Longnecks: Rally, Eliminate Hunters then Wanderers
Yeti: Rally, Scratch/Sap, Scratch/Sap, Eliminate
Yeti + Other: Rally, Eliminate Other, Scratch/Sap, Scratch/Sap, get hit, Scratch/Sap, Eliminate.

(Underlined scratch/saps not necessary for the KO and can be skipped unless you need the extra breath/health.)

I still love this build, and it's going to be even better for the fest next year!
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Redfoot Been playing with my Brawler (she's level 24 now, only missing points in VIT) and wondering- does your start at 20 thing take into account that Rally increases STR based on the dragon's level? Because at level 23 with 97 STR I couldn't Rally-KO the Nochnyrs/Permafrost Impalers or the Elks (there was like, one other one I forget). If not, that might be something to mention.
@Redfoot Been playing with my Brawler (she's level 24 now, only missing points in VIT) and wondering- does your start at 20 thing take into account that Rally increases STR based on the dragon's level? Because at level 23 with 97 STR I couldn't Rally-KO the Nochnyrs/Permafrost Impalers or the Elks (there was like, one other one I forget). If not, that might be something to mention.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.