Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Familiars--Elements, Where Found (List)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16
Updated to June 8, 2019:
--Greenskeeper Gathering Familiar (Galdegift Ambassador)
--Joxar's Spare Inventory (Dryad)
--2019 FR Anniversary Familiar (Dripcave Deputy)
--ID Numbers: Autumn Sea Dragon, Barking Jester, Dripcave Deputy, Flutterbun, Ghostly Rat Lord, Golden Lionsnake, Loga, Mantarune, Regenerating Reedjumper

(@Canisa)
Updated to June 8, 2019:
--Greenskeeper Gathering Familiar (Galdegift Ambassador)
--Joxar's Spare Inventory (Dryad)
--2019 FR Anniversary Familiar (Dripcave Deputy)
--ID Numbers: Autumn Sea Dragon, Barking Jester, Dripcave Deputy, Flutterbun, Ghostly Rat Lord, Golden Lionsnake, Loga, Mantarune, Regenerating Reedjumper

(@Canisa)
fw5Pc0h.png
Updated to June 19, 2019:
--Sunparched Prowl (Lynxes)
--ID Numbers: Ashscale Ophiotaurus, Glitterfreeze Ambassador
Updated to June 19, 2019:
--Sunparched Prowl (Lynxes)
--ID Numbers: Ashscale Ophiotaurus, Glitterfreeze Ambassador
fw5Pc0h.png
Updated to July 9, 2019:
--Light Gem Guardian (Brightshine Jubilee 2019)
--"Wendigo" changed to "Pronghorn Stomper," as per admin change

Updated to July 9, 2019:
--Light Gem Guardian (Brightshine Jubilee 2019)
--"Wendigo" changed to "Pronghorn Stomper," as per admin change

fw5Pc0h.png
Updated to August 9, 2019:
--Lightning Gem Guardian
--Boreal Wood Additions
--ID Numbers: Drfitwood Baron, Transmuted Treasure
--First Appearance Dates added (where known)

(@Canisa)
Updated to August 9, 2019:
--Lightning Gem Guardian
--Boreal Wood Additions
--ID Numbers: Drfitwood Baron, Transmuted Treasure
--First Appearance Dates added (where known)

(@Canisa)
fw5Pc0h.png
Updated to September 5, 2019:
--Fire Gem Guardian
--Seasonal Sphinx
--ID Numbers: Butter Caiman, Greattusk

(@Canisa)
Updated to September 5, 2019:
--Fire Gem Guardian
--Seasonal Sphinx
--ID Numbers: Butter Caiman, Greattusk

(@Canisa)
fw5Pc0h.png
Updated to October 12, 2019:
--Seasonal Sphinx: Autumn
--Arcane Gem Guardian
--New Baldwin Familiars
--ID Numbers: Arcane Familiar, Wind Sprite

(@Canisa)
Updated to October 12, 2019:
--Seasonal Sphinx: Autumn
--Arcane Gem Guardian
--New Baldwin Familiars
--ID Numbers: Arcane Familiar, Wind Sprite

(@Canisa)
fw5Pc0h.png
How exactly can I catch familiars? Is there a guide for catching?
How exactly can I catch familiars? Is there a guide for catching?
@Gemsona

Welcome to Fight Rising! Familiars can be acquired a number of ways:

Buying:
--You can buy them in the Marketplace, either with Treasure or Gems. You reach the Marketplace by clicking on the link on the left sidebar labeled "Marketplace." There are several tabs, the second of which is for familiars. Once you follow the Marketplace link, you will see a list of under the word "Marketplace." (Apparel, Familiars, Battle, Specialty, Skins, Bundles) Click on the one labeled "Familiars." This will bring you to a screen with different familiars to buy. Some are more expensive than others.

--You can go to the Auction House, and buy them there. The link to the Auction House is right under the "Marketplace" link on the left sidebar. There are three sections, one with your Flight name, and the other two labeled "Realm-Wide Auctions" and "Private Auctions." I would recommend using "Realm-Wide Auctions," as that generally has the best chance to find what you want. Click on the "Realm-Wide Auction" link (the middle box). Again, you will see a list: Food, Materials, Apparel, Dragons, Familiars, Battle, Skins, Specialty, Other. Click on "Familiars." Currently, there are a number of familiars being sold for around 3000 treasure.

Trading Post:
--You can trade with Swipp, at the Trading Post, if he has a familiar on offer. The "Trading Post" is the link right under "Auction House" on the left sidebar. Click on the link, and it will bring you to a screen with 7 boxes: Tomo's Trivia Tablet, Crim's Collection Cart, Pinkerton's Plundered Pile, Swipp's Swap Stand, Roundsey's Raffle Roulette, Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, and Galore's Glorious Gifts. Click on "Swipp's Swap Stand," and you will be taken to a page where you can trade materials for various things, including Apparel and Familiars. Swipp does not always offer a familiar, but the offers change every 2 hours, so if you keep checking back, eventually one will pop up. Be aware, however, that they are not easy to trade for. Some of the familiars Swipp offers take a lot of rare materials to get them. (I'm still trying to acquire a Loach.) I would suggest trying for something like the Perching Java first, as the birds needed are relatively easy to obtain.

--You can brew a familiar with Baldwin. Baldwin's Bubbling Brew is another link at the Trading Post. If you click on that one, it takes you to a special part of the site where you can "brew" and "transmute" different things, including familiars. Baldwin does take a while, as you need to gather the materials for each "recipe," but you can shortcut the process by buying a few things at the Auction House. I would suggest starting with the "transmute" section of Baldwin, and then working your way up to creating things when you have a small stockpile of materials for brewing. Click on "Baldwin's Bubbling Brew," and then click on "Transmute Objects." That will take you to a screen where you can click on a button "Transmute." You will need to select a material, apparel piece, object, or familiar to "throw in the cauldron" to "transmute" into something new. (Basically, you will swap that item for a new item that will allow you to brew new apparel, familiars, or specialty items.) As I said, this takes a while, but it will get you a familiar in the end.

--Technically, there are two other ways to acquire familiars at the Trading Post, but neither are guaranteed. 1. "Pinkerton's Plundered Pile" allows you to acquire one random item a day. Sometimes the item is worthless (a bone, for instance), and sometimes it isn't. Familiars do pop up from time to time there, and I would recommend clicking on that link every day, regardless of what you get. You never know what treasure Pinkerton might offer you. 2. "Galore's Glorious Gifts" is another "Grab Bag," but it is not always active. Every once in a while, the Flight Rising admins will decide to give something to everyone on the site. (For instance, they always offer something for the game's anniversary, on June 8.) When this happens, the gift can be acquired by clicking on the Galore link, and then clicking the button to accept the gift. In the past, familiars have been offered, but there is no guarantee that they will be.

Coliseum:

By far the easiest way (and least expensive as well) to acquire a familiar (other than a friend offering you one) is to fight in the Coliseum. You will find the Coliseum link on the left sidebar, under the "Play" category. When you click on it, it will take you to a screen where you have three options: "Organize Party," "Abilities and Stats," "Monster Battle." Click on "Organize Party" first. This is where you can choose which dragons you want to fight. Once you have done that, you can go back to the main Coliseum page, and click on "Monster Battle." This will take you to a screen where you can select an area to fight in. I would suggest starting with "Training Fields," the first Level. Your dragons will meet various monsters in each level, and be required to fight them. (This means clicking on the "Abilities" box, and then clicking on one of the smaller boxes revealed. Start with the triple slash marks (Slash). Click on the marks, then click on the creature you wish to injure. Repeat this until the creature is "dead.") As you fight, you will receive various "loot" from each battle you win. Every once in a while (more often as you go up in levels), that "loot" will include a copy of the creature you just fought. That creature is a "captured" familiar.

Friends:
--If you explore the Forums--especially the "Raffles and Giveaways" section and the "Sales" sections, you can find any number of people willing to giveaway or sell familiars. In some cases, all you have to do is post on the thread what you're looking for, and you will get it.

(On that note, check you "Crossroads," under the "Trading Post" link on the left sidebar. And then check your Messages. (The white envelope underneath the image of a gemstone.) Both are also ways to acquire a familiar, and I think you might find something there...)
@Gemsona

Welcome to Fight Rising! Familiars can be acquired a number of ways:

Buying:
--You can buy them in the Marketplace, either with Treasure or Gems. You reach the Marketplace by clicking on the link on the left sidebar labeled "Marketplace." There are several tabs, the second of which is for familiars. Once you follow the Marketplace link, you will see a list of under the word "Marketplace." (Apparel, Familiars, Battle, Specialty, Skins, Bundles) Click on the one labeled "Familiars." This will bring you to a screen with different familiars to buy. Some are more expensive than others.

--You can go to the Auction House, and buy them there. The link to the Auction House is right under the "Marketplace" link on the left sidebar. There are three sections, one with your Flight name, and the other two labeled "Realm-Wide Auctions" and "Private Auctions." I would recommend using "Realm-Wide Auctions," as that generally has the best chance to find what you want. Click on the "Realm-Wide Auction" link (the middle box). Again, you will see a list: Food, Materials, Apparel, Dragons, Familiars, Battle, Skins, Specialty, Other. Click on "Familiars." Currently, there are a number of familiars being sold for around 3000 treasure.

Trading Post:
--You can trade with Swipp, at the Trading Post, if he has a familiar on offer. The "Trading Post" is the link right under "Auction House" on the left sidebar. Click on the link, and it will bring you to a screen with 7 boxes: Tomo's Trivia Tablet, Crim's Collection Cart, Pinkerton's Plundered Pile, Swipp's Swap Stand, Roundsey's Raffle Roulette, Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, and Galore's Glorious Gifts. Click on "Swipp's Swap Stand," and you will be taken to a page where you can trade materials for various things, including Apparel and Familiars. Swipp does not always offer a familiar, but the offers change every 2 hours, so if you keep checking back, eventually one will pop up. Be aware, however, that they are not easy to trade for. Some of the familiars Swipp offers take a lot of rare materials to get them. (I'm still trying to acquire a Loach.) I would suggest trying for something like the Perching Java first, as the birds needed are relatively easy to obtain.

--You can brew a familiar with Baldwin. Baldwin's Bubbling Brew is another link at the Trading Post. If you click on that one, it takes you to a special part of the site where you can "brew" and "transmute" different things, including familiars. Baldwin does take a while, as you need to gather the materials for each "recipe," but you can shortcut the process by buying a few things at the Auction House. I would suggest starting with the "transmute" section of Baldwin, and then working your way up to creating things when you have a small stockpile of materials for brewing. Click on "Baldwin's Bubbling Brew," and then click on "Transmute Objects." That will take you to a screen where you can click on a button "Transmute." You will need to select a material, apparel piece, object, or familiar to "throw in the cauldron" to "transmute" into something new. (Basically, you will swap that item for a new item that will allow you to brew new apparel, familiars, or specialty items.) As I said, this takes a while, but it will get you a familiar in the end.

--Technically, there are two other ways to acquire familiars at the Trading Post, but neither are guaranteed. 1. "Pinkerton's Plundered Pile" allows you to acquire one random item a day. Sometimes the item is worthless (a bone, for instance), and sometimes it isn't. Familiars do pop up from time to time there, and I would recommend clicking on that link every day, regardless of what you get. You never know what treasure Pinkerton might offer you. 2. "Galore's Glorious Gifts" is another "Grab Bag," but it is not always active. Every once in a while, the Flight Rising admins will decide to give something to everyone on the site. (For instance, they always offer something for the game's anniversary, on June 8.) When this happens, the gift can be acquired by clicking on the Galore link, and then clicking the button to accept the gift. In the past, familiars have been offered, but there is no guarantee that they will be.

Coliseum:

By far the easiest way (and least expensive as well) to acquire a familiar (other than a friend offering you one) is to fight in the Coliseum. You will find the Coliseum link on the left sidebar, under the "Play" category. When you click on it, it will take you to a screen where you have three options: "Organize Party," "Abilities and Stats," "Monster Battle." Click on "Organize Party" first. This is where you can choose which dragons you want to fight. Once you have done that, you can go back to the main Coliseum page, and click on "Monster Battle." This will take you to a screen where you can select an area to fight in. I would suggest starting with "Training Fields," the first Level. Your dragons will meet various monsters in each level, and be required to fight them. (This means clicking on the "Abilities" box, and then clicking on one of the smaller boxes revealed. Start with the triple slash marks (Slash). Click on the marks, then click on the creature you wish to injure. Repeat this until the creature is "dead.") As you fight, you will receive various "loot" from each battle you win. Every once in a while (more often as you go up in levels), that "loot" will include a copy of the creature you just fought. That creature is a "captured" familiar.

Friends:
--If you explore the Forums--especially the "Raffles and Giveaways" section and the "Sales" sections, you can find any number of people willing to giveaway or sell familiars. In some cases, all you have to do is post on the thread what you're looking for, and you will get it.

(On that note, check you "Crossroads," under the "Trading Post" link on the left sidebar. And then check your Messages. (The white envelope underneath the image of a gemstone.) Both are also ways to acquire a familiar, and I think you might find something there...)
fw5Pc0h.png
Thank you for the gift!!! You're lovely! ;u;
Thank you for the gift!!! You're lovely! ;u;
@Gemsona

Your welcome! :) Familiars are fun, and if you give one to your dragon, they will start earning treasure for you, each time you touch their little heart on your dragon page. (I call that "feeding" them, but the site refers to that as "playing with them," or "bonding with them.")

One way to get more familiars that I forgot to note last night is by Gathering. Each day, you are given a certain amount of chances to "Gather" something. You will find that link on the left sidebar, under the "Clan" heading. (Its the third one down.) That leads you to a page with several options: Hunting, Fishing, Insect Catching, Foraging Digging, and Scavenging. You can choose which Flight are you wish to Gather in from the dropdown menu under the section you are interested in, and then click the button to "Hunt," "Fish," etc. 4 of the sections give Food, while Digging and Scavenging give materials. Every single section also has the chance to give a familiar, though its not guaranteed. You should Gather every single day, if you can.
@Gemsona

Your welcome! :) Familiars are fun, and if you give one to your dragon, they will start earning treasure for you, each time you touch their little heart on your dragon page. (I call that "feeding" them, but the site refers to that as "playing with them," or "bonding with them.")

One way to get more familiars that I forgot to note last night is by Gathering. Each day, you are given a certain amount of chances to "Gather" something. You will find that link on the left sidebar, under the "Clan" heading. (Its the third one down.) That leads you to a page with several options: Hunting, Fishing, Insect Catching, Foraging Digging, and Scavenging. You can choose which Flight are you wish to Gather in from the dropdown menu under the section you are interested in, and then click the button to "Hunt," "Fish," etc. 4 of the sections give Food, while Digging and Scavenging give materials. Every single section also has the chance to give a familiar, though its not guaranteed. You should Gather every single day, if you can.
fw5Pc0h.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16