Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Tourist's Guide to Windswept Plateau
Today I lent my old-timer [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=461324&tab=dragon&did=14423472]Mairen[/url] out to breed. While Mai is out experiencing the joys of fatherhood, the appropriately-named Stud will be a guest in my lair. (Say hi, Stud. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52146278] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521463/52146278_350.png[/img] [/url] "Hello.") Stud lives in Lightening, but as you can see, he's a Wind dragon. So while he's here, I've decided to give him a (literal) whirlwind tour of his ancestral country. Although you know how it is. You grow up in a place, you just never seem to get around to doing all the touristy stuff. Meanwhile, your out-of-flight friends are all aghast that you've never actually been to the World's Largest All-Cheddar Cheese Statue Park or whatever. I've been talking to friends and looking through brochures and stuff, and there's [i]some[/i] places I've been to, so I have a tentative schedule: [b]Monday morning: Bamboo Falls Japanese Garden[/b] I have no idea what a "Japanese" is, but I think it might be a place in Shadow? Anyway, everyone from the Reedcliff Ascent says it's lovely. They say it's peaceful. They say it's the perfect place to spend a summer morning. They don't shut up about it, actually. [b]Monday afternoon: the Tradewinds Market[/b] Of course, living nearby, I don't think of it as anything special. But I'm assured that outsiders describe it with words like "quaint" and "authentic" and "colorful". At least I can steer Stud away from those quaint colorful characters who will sell you authentic Skytop wind chimes that were made in a factory and rust by next evening. [b]Tuesday morning: the Crescendo Meteorological Museum[/b] The new "Fulgarites: Myths and Facts" exhibit just opened last week, and I hear it's amazing. Plus, those make-a-cloud workshops look fun. Fortunately, Stud is from Lightening; I've heard that the other nine flights have a bizarre lack of interest in weather conditions. How someone can be apathetic about supercell rotation is beyond me, but people be weird, I guess. [b]Tuesday night: Gusty Gustave's Gustation Station[/b] They make the [i]best[/i] pasta in Sornieth, bar none. Mmm, if you've never had Gustave's rigatoni with secret petalwing sauce, you don't know what you've been missing. You've had that sad, hollow feeling all your life, of course, but until now you didn't know [i]why[/i]. [b]Wednesday: the Aire Faire[/b] My stomach is bit too weak for rides like the Hurricane or Extreme Turbulence Encounter, but I can stand on the side eating cloudcotten candy while Stud goes for a whirl. Unless [i]his[/i] stomach is weak, too, in which case we can ride together on something gentler like the Westerlies Express or the water-vapor slide. [i]And[/i] eat cloudcotten candy. [b]Thursday morning: Windswept Zoological Park[/b] According to the brochure, they're the third-largest zoo outside of Nature, they've won awards for their educational programs, they're accredited by the blah blah blah and WHO CARES, THEY'VE GOT BOOLEANS! BOOLEANS!!! And their flock of Wind Sprites is stunning, and you can hand-feed the dreameaters-- but I'm here for the Booleans. *undignified squeal* [b]Thursday afternoon: Tomb of the Unknown Spiral?[/b] It's near the zoo, so we might go see it if we have time? I dunno, it's an official Tourist Attraction, but I'm not sure what exactly one does there, besides stand respectfully. [b]Thursday Evening: Mots Français Gratuits[/b] I've never actually gone there myself; my wallet wails in pain whenever I think about making a reservation. But tourism is as good an excuse to splurge as any, right? I hear the [i]dix-huit ailes de chauve-souris délicates[/i] is to die for. [b]Friday morning: hot air balloon ride[/b] Ballooning is a popular business in the Cloudsong. I have five brochures, two webpages, and an advertisement cut from the [i]Weekly Gust[/i] in front of me. Adventurous Skies offers the cheapest prices, but I don't know if that's because they've just got good rates, or if it's a you-get-what-you-payed-for cautionary tale. Does anyone have any experience with them? [b]Friday evening, Saturday: traditional Shabbat experience at Chabad of Zephyr[/b] What, you didn't think there was a Chabad house in Sornieth? [i]There's a Chabad everywhere[/i]. And they make way better chicken soup than I do. [b]Saturday evening: firefly watching[/b] Well first there's the packing up. But if there's time after that, I'd like to show Stud the famous firefly display of the Zephyr Plains. I can't think of a more perfect way to end the week, us just sitting on the grass, feeling the night breeze on our faces, watching the lightening bugs. So, what do you guys think? Too much? Too little? Any must-see attractions I missed? [color=white][size=2] @bluelee thank you and I'm sorry he wegged you
Today I lent my old-timer Mairen out to breed. While Mai is out experiencing the joys of fatherhood, the appropriately-named Stud will be a guest in my lair.

(Say hi, Stud.

52146278_350.png

"Hello.")

Stud lives in Lightening, but as you can see, he's a Wind dragon. So while he's here, I've decided to give him a (literal) whirlwind tour of his ancestral country.
Although you know how it is. You grow up in a place, you just never seem to get around to doing all the touristy stuff. Meanwhile, your out-of-flight friends are all aghast that you've never actually been to the World's Largest All-Cheddar Cheese Statue Park or whatever. I've been talking to friends and looking through brochures and stuff, and there's some places I've been to, so I have a tentative schedule:

Monday morning: Bamboo Falls Japanese Garden
I have no idea what a "Japanese" is, but I think it might be a place in Shadow? Anyway, everyone from the Reedcliff Ascent says it's lovely. They say it's peaceful. They say it's the perfect place to spend a summer morning. They don't shut up about it, actually.

Monday afternoon: the Tradewinds Market
Of course, living nearby, I don't think of it as anything special. But I'm assured that outsiders describe it with words like "quaint" and "authentic" and "colorful". At least I can steer Stud away from those quaint colorful characters who will sell you authentic Skytop wind chimes that were made in a factory and rust by next evening.

Tuesday morning: the Crescendo Meteorological Museum
The new "Fulgarites: Myths and Facts" exhibit just opened last week, and I hear it's amazing. Plus, those make-a-cloud workshops look fun. Fortunately, Stud is from Lightening; I've heard that the other nine flights have a bizarre lack of interest in weather conditions. How someone can be apathetic about supercell rotation is beyond me, but people be weird, I guess.

Tuesday night: Gusty Gustave's Gustation Station
They make the best pasta in Sornieth, bar none. Mmm, if you've never had Gustave's rigatoni with secret petalwing sauce, you don't know what you've been missing. You've had that sad, hollow feeling all your life, of course, but until now you didn't know why.

Wednesday: the Aire Faire
My stomach is bit too weak for rides like the Hurricane or Extreme Turbulence Encounter, but I can stand on the side eating cloudcotten candy while Stud goes for a whirl. Unless his stomach is weak, too, in which case we can ride together on something gentler like the Westerlies Express or the water-vapor slide. And eat cloudcotten candy.

Thursday morning: Windswept Zoological Park
According to the brochure, they're the third-largest zoo outside of Nature, they've won awards for their educational programs, they're accredited by the blah blah blah and WHO CARES, THEY'VE GOT BOOLEANS! BOOLEANS!!! And their flock of Wind Sprites is stunning, and you can hand-feed the dreameaters-- but I'm here for the Booleans. *undignified squeal*

Thursday afternoon: Tomb of the Unknown Spiral?
It's near the zoo, so we might go see it if we have time? I dunno, it's an official Tourist Attraction, but I'm not sure what exactly one does there, besides stand respectfully.

Thursday Evening: Mots Français Gratuits
I've never actually gone there myself; my wallet wails in pain whenever I think about making a reservation. But tourism is as good an excuse to splurge as any, right? I hear the dix-huit ailes de chauve-souris délicates is to die for.

Friday morning: hot air balloon ride
Ballooning is a popular business in the Cloudsong. I have five brochures, two webpages, and an advertisement cut from the Weekly Gust in front of me. Adventurous Skies offers the cheapest prices, but I don't know if that's because they've just got good rates, or if it's a you-get-what-you-payed-for cautionary tale. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Friday evening, Saturday: traditional Shabbat experience at Chabad of Zephyr
What, you didn't think there was a Chabad house in Sornieth? There's a Chabad everywhere. And they make way better chicken soup than I do.

Saturday evening: firefly watching
Well first there's the packing up. But if there's time after that, I'd like to show Stud the famous firefly display of the Zephyr Plains. I can't think of a more perfect way to end the week, us just sitting on the grass, feeling the night breeze on our faces, watching the lightening bugs.

So, what do you guys think? Too much? Too little? Any must-see attractions I missed?

@bluelee thank you and I'm sorry he wegged you
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
(I... I cannot believe you did this for me. I’m just gonna reread this over and over and feel so good that you integrated my dragon into your world)
(I... I cannot believe you did this for me. I’m just gonna reread this over and over and feel so good that you integrated my dragon into your world)
JHqRzZb.jpg
hi there, can i book a trip to wind flight, departing yesterday
hi there, can i book a trip to wind flight, departing yesterday
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
I enjoyed reading that. Maybe I'll make something like this for Fire? After all, our element is way more than just lava and blacksmiths (though that is part of it).
I enjoyed reading that. Maybe I'll make something like this for Fire? After all, our element is way more than just lava and blacksmiths (though that is part of it).
giphy.gif