Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mobile Tooltips Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
When I'm on mobile and the tooltips pop up they can sometimes appear in the wrong place. Sometimes they've appeared over the button I need to click or outside of my phone's screen, then trying to get rid of it or re-position the tooltip has been annoying as well.

And the links on the left hand side are very small for mobile. Maybe if there was a drop down menu or if it recognized you're on a mobile device and made the links more accessible would be a nice touch too.

Things feel too big for a phone screen on mobile, especially the navigation menu and the dragon page menu.

I'm on mobile about 25% of the time so it's nice you're working towards a better mobile site!
When I'm on mobile and the tooltips pop up they can sometimes appear in the wrong place. Sometimes they've appeared over the button I need to click or outside of my phone's screen, then trying to get rid of it or re-position the tooltip has been annoying as well.

And the links on the left hand side are very small for mobile. Maybe if there was a drop down menu or if it recognized you're on a mobile device and made the links more accessible would be a nice touch too.

Things feel too big for a phone screen on mobile, especially the navigation menu and the dragon page menu.

I'm on mobile about 25% of the time so it's nice you're working towards a better mobile site!
1.gif2.gif3.gif4.gif5.gif6.gif
-Notifications
-Anything with a tooltip that is also an action, like coliseum items and spells
-Auction House tooltips for anything with pop up picture.
Example: I want to see a dragon's exact colors, but when I click, the full size preview either loads over it or instead of it.
So far this has been a problem for me when searching for specific colors or when looking for item descriptions for lore writing.
-Notifications
-Anything with a tooltip that is also an action, like coliseum items and spells
-Auction House tooltips for anything with pop up picture.
Example: I want to see a dragon's exact colors, but when I click, the full size preview either loads over it or instead of it.
So far this has been a problem for me when searching for specific colors or when looking for item descriptions for lore writing.
15gb95M.giftJC1guv.pngw0IsqjS.gif
[quote name="Grow" date="2019-01-07 14:57:22" ] Checking dragon's information without actually clicking on them. On pc you can just move the cursor to check details for the dragon(levels, parents ID etc) but you can't do it on mobile without clicking and holding it for a long time. Maybe a new feature that allows double click? First click views the details then the second click enters the dragon's page. [/quote] i was today years old when i learned that holding down brought up a dragon's tooltip, thank you for this information
Grow wrote on 2019-01-07 14:57:22:
Checking dragon's information without actually clicking on them. On pc you can just move the cursor to check details for the dragon(levels, parents ID etc) but you can't do it on mobile without clicking and holding it for a long time. Maybe a new feature that allows double click? First click views the details then the second click enters the dragon's page.

i was today years old when i learned that holding down brought up a dragon's tooltip, thank you for this information
mew.png
chan ! she/he
twisted cycle path

art commissions (OPEN)
dragon sales
dressing service

chantric -> chanidae
Familiar bonding and Notifications bother me the most
Familiar bonding and Notifications bother me the most
cowfish.gif
[quote name="Arukadia" date="2019-01-07 14:58:33" ] [quote name="ReignsWrath" date="2019-01-07 14:44:31" ] Whenever I'm on mobile the only thing that I find sorta iffy is the notifications tooltip, most of the time it won't disappear, so it'll be blocking me from seeing whatever notification I got. [/quote] Yep. Also, the other day while in the forums, I absolutely could not get rid of a familiar/apparel tooltip while on mobile, even if I tried tapping on other things that'd give me a tooltip (report button, copy, etc). Not sure if that's the kind of info you're looking for, but that's a bit of an issue when I'm trying to read the rest of the post but can't :') [/quote] Agreed! Same with skins and accents.
Arukadia wrote on 2019-01-07 14:58:33:
ReignsWrath wrote on 2019-01-07 14:44:31:
Whenever I'm on mobile the only thing that I find sorta iffy is the notifications tooltip, most of the time it won't disappear, so it'll be blocking me from seeing whatever notification I got.
Yep.

Also, the other day while in the forums, I absolutely could not get rid of a familiar/apparel tooltip while on mobile, even if I tried tapping on other things that'd give me a tooltip (report button, copy, etc). Not sure if that's the kind of info you're looking for, but that's a bit of an issue when I'm trying to read the rest of the post but can't :')
Agreed! Same with skins and accents.
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
[quote name="Dieter" date="2019-01-07 14:47:38" ] [quote name="NovaBlu" date="2019-01-07 14:45:02" ] Honestly probably the notification bar. It's the first thing I check when I log on into mobile and it can sometimes be a pain to have to click it twice. And sometimes it glitches and takes 3 times ^^' [/quote] Lots of glitching [/quote] Agreed.
Dieter wrote on 2019-01-07 14:47:38:
NovaBlu wrote on 2019-01-07 14:45:02:
Honestly probably the notification bar. It's the first thing I check when I log on into mobile and it can sometimes be a pain to have to click it twice. And sometimes it glitches and takes 3 times ^^'

Lots of glitching
Agreed.
Certainly the notifications bar, as others have been saying! Familiar bonding can also be a bit annoying, though I generally do that on the computer.
Certainly the notifications bar, as others have been saying! Familiar bonding can also be a bit annoying, though I generally do that on the computer.
x.x
zPhqDAB.png x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x

Ashki
earth dom lead

sales | mercs
goals | mochi
x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x
hjhGLON.png
[quote name="Ashki" date="2019-01-07 15:04:25" ] Certainly the notifications bar, as others have been saying! Familiar bonding can also be a bit annoying, though I generally do that on the computer. [/quote]
Ashki wrote on 2019-01-07 15:04:25:
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
Has anyone mentioned not being able to arrange dragons?
Has anyone mentioned not being able to arrange dragons?
NBeoOgB.png
Skin/accent tooltips are a pain. If I want to see the name of a skin or what it's from, I have to go into the preview window, which often takes some time to load.
Skin/accent tooltips are a pain. If I want to see the name of a skin or what it's from, I have to go into the preview window, which often takes some time to load.
isnot1.gifisnot2.gifisnot3.gifthegnome.gifjaws.gifhalleyscomet.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8