Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The first KS familiar is up for raffle!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Aequorin

Bless you.
@Aequorin

Bless you.
mkpoaHZ.png
[quote name="Tinytalkingtina" date="2018-09-12 06:01:43" ] So many people have so little faith in the devs .-. Jeez folks, the devs for this game are so responsive and polite compared to other games I've played, show a little respect and trust! [/quote] All of this! We even had a heads up for Drakeharvest (due to the bad reception the eye festival received for being so short notice - don't think we didn't notice guys! :3) so honestly I trust their word that these items are finite and that the value won't be impacted. Thanks staff, and your friends and families who are kind enough to donate! ^^
Tinytalkingtina wrote on 2018-09-12 06:01:43:
So many people have so little faith in the devs .-. Jeez folks, the devs for this game are so responsive and polite compared to other games I've played, show a little respect and trust!

All of this!
We even had a heads up for Drakeharvest (due to the bad reception the eye festival received for being so short notice - don't think we didn't notice guys! :3) so honestly I trust their word that these items are finite and that the value won't be impacted.
Thanks staff, and your friends and families who are kind enough to donate! ^^
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
[quote name="Gaia" date="2018-09-12 01:03:13" ] I am curious to see if the amount of tickets sold will top the amount we had in the first week! [/quote] I've gotta search to see if someone's keeping track of the weekly ticket counts.... Eyes emoji Also....: [quote name="vihuff" date="2018-09-12 01:40:30" ] Honestly I'm not sure why everyone is so worried about needing proof or concerning themselves over whether the staff are lying. They said that KS items would only be donated and I'm inclined to believe them. If anyone should really care about the KS backers, it would be them, those who gained their support. And it is their game to run, and they want it to do well, meaning they want people to believe and trust them. They aren't likely to just throw all caution and reason to the wind. I'm inclined to believe that it was donated and I don't see why it couldn't have been. People should have a little more trust. It's not as if your mistrust or disbelief will change anything anyway. [/quote] [quote name="Taiyou" date="2018-09-12 06:02:50" ] [quote name="Tinytalkingtina" date="2018-09-12 06:01:43" ] So many people have so little faith in the devs .-. Jeez folks, the devs for this game are so responsive and polite compared to other games I've played, show a little respect and trust! [/quote] this is exactly how i feel. everyone is so cynical and rude when compared to many sites these devs are saints. [/quote]
Gaia wrote on 2018-09-12 01:03:13:
I am curious to see if the amount of tickets sold will top the amount we had in the first week!

I've gotta search to see if someone's keeping track of the weekly ticket counts.... Eyes emoji

Also....:
vihuff wrote on 2018-09-12 01:40:30:
Honestly I'm not sure why everyone is so worried about needing proof or concerning themselves over whether the staff are lying. They said that KS items would only be donated and I'm inclined to believe them.

If anyone should really care about the KS backers, it would be them, those who gained their support. And it is their game to run, and they want it to do well, meaning they want people to believe and trust them. They aren't likely to just throw all caution and reason to the wind.

I'm inclined to believe that it was donated and I don't see why it couldn't have been. People should have a little more trust. It's not as if your mistrust or disbelief will change anything anyway.

Taiyou wrote on 2018-09-12 06:02:50:
Tinytalkingtina wrote on 2018-09-12 06:01:43:
So many people have so little faith in the devs .-. Jeez folks, the devs for this game are so responsive and polite compared to other games I've played, show a little respect and trust!

this is exactly how i feel. everyone is so cynical and rude when compared to many sites these devs are saints.
cM8dUFr.png
Wait a second...someone donated theirs? Why?

I'm not going for it, but something feels off about the fact that they're raffling a KS item so soon.
Wait a second...someone donated theirs? Why?

I'm not going for it, but something feels off about the fact that they're raffling a KS item so soon.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
They probably brought in a KS item already as a way to say "hey, look, we really do have these up for grabs". I don't expect it'll be very often at all--probably only once every couple of months, or to correlate with special events (maybe because of Drakeharvest? I can see them doing this for one week of NotN, the week of the site's birthday, etc). I was surprised, but reintroducing one Skycat into circulation isn't a big deal. [quote name="LicianDragon" date="2018-09-12 12:28:37" ] I can understand people being skeptical about KS items being in the raffle. After all, the raffle including retired items goes against years of the staff saying "retired means retired". While I'm not hating on the staff for that decision, it means they went back on their word. It's only natural there'd be a bit of distrust about their word now. That being said, I still believe the staff have the very best interest of the game at heart. Unless a KS item happens to be awarded to a player that already has one, it's safe to say they won't be entering circulation for sale. Plus, I'm sure there are legal issues involved with generating more KS items. I highly doubt they risk that kind of trouble just to give a couple of players rare items. [/quote] You know, I was always one of those people who was very adamant on the whole, "they can't go back on saying retirement is permanent because they'll lose our trust", but I'm definitely very happy with how they decided to handle this. :D Creating one new Light Sprite every couple years is nothing. And this idea is much, much better than other suggestions I've seen, in that it only introduces a fixed number of items (and I expect there'll only be one of each for the really valuable things). Giving away 10 Comets is actually far more unexpected than the Skycat for me, to be honest. But the Comet was also something that people stocked up on, so even though it was one of the more sought after items, there are a lot still in circulation so ten more won't really make a difference in the grand scheme of things.
They probably brought in a KS item already as a way to say "hey, look, we really do have these up for grabs". I don't expect it'll be very often at all--probably only once every couple of months, or to correlate with special events (maybe because of Drakeharvest? I can see them doing this for one week of NotN, the week of the site's birthday, etc). I was surprised, but reintroducing one Skycat into circulation isn't a big deal.
LicianDragon wrote on 2018-09-12 12:28:37:
I can understand people being skeptical about KS items being in the raffle. After all, the raffle including retired items goes against years of the staff saying "retired means retired". While I'm not hating on the staff for that decision, it means they went back on their word. It's only natural there'd be a bit of distrust about their word now.

That being said, I still believe the staff have the very best interest of the game at heart. Unless a KS item happens to be awarded to a player that already has one, it's safe to say they won't be entering circulation for sale. Plus, I'm sure there are legal issues involved with generating more KS items. I highly doubt they risk that kind of trouble just to give a couple of players rare items.

You know, I was always one of those people who was very adamant on the whole, "they can't go back on saying retirement is permanent because they'll lose our trust", but I'm definitely very happy with how they decided to handle this. :D Creating one new Light Sprite every couple years is nothing. And this idea is much, much better than other suggestions I've seen, in that it only introduces a fixed number of items (and I expect there'll only be one of each for the really valuable things).

Giving away 10 Comets is actually far more unexpected than the Skycat for me, to be honest. But the Comet was also something that people stocked up on, so even though it was one of the more sought after items, there are a lot still in circulation so ten more won't really make a difference in the grand scheme of things.
Thank you for further clarification, @Aequorin. :)
Thank you for further clarification, @Aequorin. :)
QjxN3Ta.jpg
I feel like this Raffle is gonna be HUUUUGE in terms of how many tickets are sold

It is exciting to see a Skycat possibly go to someone who never had a chance to grab one though! :D And it's literally only one, so it's not gonna have some major effect. The person who gets it will more than likely keep it at least for a good long while so they can bond with it.
I feel like this Raffle is gonna be HUUUUGE in terms of how many tickets are sold

It is exciting to see a Skycat possibly go to someone who never had a chance to grab one though! :D And it's literally only one, so it's not gonna have some major effect. The person who gets it will more than likely keep it at least for a good long while so they can bond with it.
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-09-12 14:30:21" ] [quote]bringing back retired items[/quote] Roundsey's Raffle Roulette rewards randomly, and retired items remain retired. Retired items are not being returned to circulation. A retired item may show up as a prize in a limited amount, but acquiring a retired item through Roundsey is completely dependent on RNG. Buying a ticket is not a guarantee of getting the item or any of that week's prizes. Regarding Kickstarter awards, we've an exact count for each and every KS item on the site - active, vaulted, or on closed accounts. This count won't change. If you see a KS item in Roundsey, it was either removed from a staff account or one of our friends or family's. [/quote] While the definition of retired as something that 'may show up' is pretty ??? to me, it's genuinely nice to have another note on the KS front. I [i]know[/i] it's been said in the announcement post etc, but given the effective unretirement, even slow trickle, the reassurance is appreciated. Go Aequorin.
Aequorin wrote on 2018-09-12 14:30:21:
Quote:
bringing back retired items

Roundsey's Raffle Roulette rewards randomly, and retired items remain retired.

Retired items are not being returned to circulation. A retired item may show up as a prize in a limited amount, but acquiring a retired item through Roundsey is completely dependent on RNG. Buying a ticket is not a guarantee of getting the item or any of that week's prizes.

Regarding Kickstarter awards, we've an exact count for each and every KS item on the site - active, vaulted, or on closed accounts. This count won't change. If you see a KS item in Roundsey, it was either removed from a staff account or one of our friends or family's.

While the definition of retired as something that 'may show up' is pretty ??? to me, it's genuinely nice to have another note on the KS front.
I know it's been said in the announcement post etc, but given the effective unretirement, even slow trickle, the reassurance is appreciated.

Go Aequorin.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="Cytus" date="2018-09-12 01:22:25" ] -buys my obligatory 1 ticket and leaves- :'D [/quote]
Cytus wrote on 2018-09-12 01:22:25:
-buys my obligatory 1 ticket and leaves-

:'D
so please believe the things we see are pieces of reality
[quote name="Maivi" date="2018-09-12 02:55:44" ] [quote name="Cytus" date="2018-09-12 01:22:25" ] -buys my obligatory 1 ticket and leaves- :'D [/quote] [/quote] hehe I prob will never win but who cares
Maivi wrote on 2018-09-12 02:55:44:
Cytus wrote on 2018-09-12 01:22:25:
-buys my obligatory 1 ticket and leaves-

:'D
hehe I prob will never win but who cares
SereneLeadingBluebird-size_restricted.gifXkRqVhUs.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9