Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Would this be good or bad?
I had a thought that instead of the treasure / gems that are spent in the MP just disappearing into a void that maybe 15-20% of it was used in a weekly raffle. Since the money spent in the MP doesn't really benefit anyone (unlike buying from other players), it always seems like a giant waste, but personally, I forget half the time that buying scrolls and such from other players is a thing, and end up putting my treasure / gems in the void.

Just a random thought I had, and I guess I was wondering if people would be for or against the idea xD (But not really interested in putting it in the Suggestions forum, since Roundsey will be around soon anyway! I really can't wait for her, what a good Spiral <3 )
I had a thought that instead of the treasure / gems that are spent in the MP just disappearing into a void that maybe 15-20% of it was used in a weekly raffle. Since the money spent in the MP doesn't really benefit anyone (unlike buying from other players), it always seems like a giant waste, but personally, I forget half the time that buying scrolls and such from other players is a thing, and end up putting my treasure / gems in the void.

Just a random thought I had, and I guess I was wondering if people would be for or against the idea xD (But not really interested in putting it in the Suggestions forum, since Roundsey will be around soon anyway! I really can't wait for her, what a good Spiral <3 )
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
I like the idea, it's sort of like the lottery Neopets had.
I like the idea, it's sort of like the lottery Neopets had.
I don't think this is such a good idea, currency disappearing the void is what keeps the economy somewhat ok
I don't think this is such a good idea, currency disappearing the void is what keeps the economy somewhat ok

@Ecci

bead-divider-big-100x12.png

YPz1UST.png
Tn9tG7j.png
15585.png light_3.png

Gen 1 lair
YA2CvXh.png

The Ecci are scholars who study artefacts found in the ruins.
RRcPYe6.png
Currently seeking allies!
The way I see it, having the currency spent at the MP sort of disappearing counters inflation. With so much currency flowing in from exalting, hoardselling, fairgrounds, etc. and the MP being one of the few ways that gets that currency out of the system, there may be an effect on the economy if that money gets cycled back in, though I'm not sure how drastic.

But then again, I'm no expert in economics and thus can't accurately predict the effects something like this would have.

edit: ninja'd
The way I see it, having the currency spent at the MP sort of disappearing counters inflation. With so much currency flowing in from exalting, hoardselling, fairgrounds, etc. and the MP being one of the few ways that gets that currency out of the system, there may be an effect on the economy if that money gets cycled back in, though I'm not sure how drastic.

But then again, I'm no expert in economics and thus can't accurately predict the effects something like this would have.

edit: ninja'd
m59NfS2.png
@Ecci @Stormwing27
I understand the effects it could have on the economy, which is why I suggested a small percentage of the funds (perhaps even smaller than what I suggested, now that I think about it! Quite a lot is spent on the MP in a week) instead of like "yeah let's just put all of that back in the game 8D "

Just a thought I had randomly, it has some positives (like if it were to go to a newer player, so they could get some stuff they might not have been able to get for a long time) but also negatives, to be sure :')
@Ecci @Stormwing27
I understand the effects it could have on the economy, which is why I suggested a small percentage of the funds (perhaps even smaller than what I suggested, now that I think about it! Quite a lot is spent on the MP in a week) instead of like "yeah let's just put all of that back in the game 8D "

Just a thought I had randomly, it has some positives (like if it were to go to a newer player, so they could get some stuff they might not have been able to get for a long time) but also negatives, to be sure :')
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
@SilverFoxDemon That's true, and it's definitely an interesting idea!
@SilverFoxDemon That's true, and it's definitely an interesting idea!

@Ecci

bead-divider-big-100x12.png

YPz1UST.png
Tn9tG7j.png
15585.png light_3.png

Gen 1 lair
YA2CvXh.png

The Ecci are scholars who study artefacts found in the ruins.
RRcPYe6.png
Currently seeking allies!
Eeeehhhh
They did similar on gaia and that went very bad very fast
It completely destroyed the site currency
Eeeehhhh
They did similar on gaia and that went very bad very fast
It completely destroyed the site currency
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
but Treasure Sink

i guess if roundsey were to raffle something, maybe that's where she gets the money to buy them from crim maybe???
but Treasure Sink

i guess if roundsey were to raffle something, maybe that's where she gets the money to buy them from crim maybe???
Shattered Glass
|[skins]les chats'
|[$]art shop
|aesthetic™ busts
|100 eggs quest
It's easy enough to make treasure, so this isn't really necessary. Like others have said, it would most likely just cause problems with the site economy
It's easy enough to make treasure, so this isn't really necessary. Like others have said, it would most likely just cause problems with the site economy
ILnZ88d.gif