Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Revived Eye Poll
1 2 3
Ping for for results please!
Ping for for results please!
tumblr_inline_n5l9g8PXIs1scrvs1.png
est/fr +3 - she/her
@Catradora I like polls! Add me to the result/suggestion pinglist? And feel free to ping me for future polls if you think you'll be making more.
@Catradora I like polls! Add me to the result/suggestion pinglist? And feel free to ping me for future polls if you think you'll be making more.
Quote:
-RESULTS-
from 218 responses. Please note that these stats are unofficial, and that information from this poll is likely to have significant bias.
Q1: Which Flight are you in?
Light - 19.4%
Ice - 12.4%
Wind - 10.6%
Lightning - 10.1%
Nature - 9.7%
Arcane - 8.8%
Plague - 8.3%
Shadow - 6.9%
Earth - 6%
Water - 4.6%
Fire - 3.2%

Q2: What, for you, is the biggest draw of FR?

Dragon Projects - 55.5%
Breeding/Hatcheries, The Community/Forums - 30.3%
Art/Skins/Accents - 28%
Coliseum - 25.7%
I'm not quite sure why I play - 20.2%
All of this - 13.8%
Lore - 15 votes (~6.9%)
Roleplay - 1.4%

Other mentioned subjects:
Apparel/Customization
Festivals/Events
Collecting (Familiars, etc)

Q3: How do you feel about the eye types?
I think it was executed badly but like the idea - 38.5%
I like it - 21.6%
I love it - 17%
I love some, hate some - 14.2%
I'm indifferent - 6%
I dislike it - ~0.5%

There were no votes for 'I hate it' and most expressed the fact that they like it, but that it needs improvement/was more enjoyable after the event.

Q4: Which Eye Type(s) are your favourite?

Depends on the dragon - 58.7%
Primal - 50.5%
Rare - 42.2%
Unusual - 30.7%
Glowing - 26.1%
Faceted - 25.7%
Original - 25.2%
Multi-gaze - 24.3%
Uncommon - 20.2%
Common - 17%
All of them - 5%
Don't know yet - 4.1%
I haven't really thought about it - 2.8%
None of them - 0.5%

Q5: If you answered 'Primal', which Primals are your favourite?
Fire - 59.9%
Shadow - 53.3%
Lightning - 52.6%
Arcane - 50.7%
Wind - 46.1%
Ice - 39.5%
Nature - 25.7%
Plague, Light - 20.4%
Earth - 11.8%
Water - 8.6%

Q6: Which eye type(s) are your least favourite?
Depends on the dragon - 39.4%
Multi-gaze - 38.5%
Primal - 26.6%
Faceted - 14.2%
Glowing - 11.9%
Common - 10.6%
None of them - 10.1%
Uncommon - 7.8%
Don't know yet - 6%
I haven't really thought about it - 5.5%
Unusual - 4.1%
Rare - 2.8%
Original - 2.3%

Q7: If you answered Primal, which Primals are your least favourite?

Plague - 62.8%
Light - 49.6%
Water - 45.5%
Earth - 43.8%
Shadow - 23.1%
Nature - 16.5%
Ice - 11.6%
Wind - 6.6%
Arcane - 5%
Fire - 3.3%
Lightning - 2.5%

Q8: What do you like most about the eye update?
New tints - 46.3%
Exciting hatchers - 44.5%
The familiar - 41.3%
New 'shapes' (Primal, Multigaze, etc) - 33.9%
Everything! - 22.5%
I can't think of something I like - 1.4%

Other users commented they liked the part where they made lots of money on scattersights. (I... don't really know what to say to that, other than, 'good for you!')

Q9: What is your least favourite part about this update?
I can't get the eyes I want due to low odds - 47.2%
I can't revert to common - 34.4%
I think light primal was slighted/done badly - 32.6%
The eye colour has screwed with my dragons - 28.4%
I can't get the pre-update eyes back - 25.7%
I feel insulted/upset because the eyes were changed without warning - 22.5%
I don't like the random aspect - 21.1%
I have no issues with this update - 13.8%
I'm sensitive to body horror from a Primal eye type - 8.3%
I'm sensitive to body horror from Multigaze - 6%
I'm sensitive to body horror from an eye type not listed here - 0.5%

Other users expressed that they were upset about the scattersight retiring and the community backlash.

@PixelSpiral @ElvenArtist @Auraea @Heart @SporkLord @AquariusStudios @Firtarian @LibraryWhale @BlueJaysFeather @Sanati @nika

Hey, everyone!

Here's the first batch of data. The poll will be closed until all data is collected. The next set of data is coming soon. Thanks for all the support!
Quote:
-RESULTS-
from 218 responses. Please note that these stats are unofficial, and that information from this poll is likely to have significant bias.
Q1: Which Flight are you in?
Light - 19.4%
Ice - 12.4%
Wind - 10.6%
Lightning - 10.1%
Nature - 9.7%
Arcane - 8.8%
Plague - 8.3%
Shadow - 6.9%
Earth - 6%
Water - 4.6%
Fire - 3.2%

Q2: What, for you, is the biggest draw of FR?

Dragon Projects - 55.5%
Breeding/Hatcheries, The Community/Forums - 30.3%
Art/Skins/Accents - 28%
Coliseum - 25.7%
I'm not quite sure why I play - 20.2%
All of this - 13.8%
Lore - 15 votes (~6.9%)
Roleplay - 1.4%

Other mentioned subjects:
Apparel/Customization
Festivals/Events
Collecting (Familiars, etc)

Q3: How do you feel about the eye types?
I think it was executed badly but like the idea - 38.5%
I like it - 21.6%
I love it - 17%
I love some, hate some - 14.2%
I'm indifferent - 6%
I dislike it - ~0.5%

There were no votes for 'I hate it' and most expressed the fact that they like it, but that it needs improvement/was more enjoyable after the event.

Q4: Which Eye Type(s) are your favourite?

Depends on the dragon - 58.7%
Primal - 50.5%
Rare - 42.2%
Unusual - 30.7%
Glowing - 26.1%
Faceted - 25.7%
Original - 25.2%
Multi-gaze - 24.3%
Uncommon - 20.2%
Common - 17%
All of them - 5%
Don't know yet - 4.1%
I haven't really thought about it - 2.8%
None of them - 0.5%

Q5: If you answered 'Primal', which Primals are your favourite?
Fire - 59.9%
Shadow - 53.3%
Lightning - 52.6%
Arcane - 50.7%
Wind - 46.1%
Ice - 39.5%
Nature - 25.7%
Plague, Light - 20.4%
Earth - 11.8%
Water - 8.6%

Q6: Which eye type(s) are your least favourite?
Depends on the dragon - 39.4%
Multi-gaze - 38.5%
Primal - 26.6%
Faceted - 14.2%
Glowing - 11.9%
Common - 10.6%
None of them - 10.1%
Uncommon - 7.8%
Don't know yet - 6%
I haven't really thought about it - 5.5%
Unusual - 4.1%
Rare - 2.8%
Original - 2.3%

Q7: If you answered Primal, which Primals are your least favourite?

Plague - 62.8%
Light - 49.6%
Water - 45.5%
Earth - 43.8%
Shadow - 23.1%
Nature - 16.5%
Ice - 11.6%
Wind - 6.6%
Arcane - 5%
Fire - 3.3%
Lightning - 2.5%

Q8: What do you like most about the eye update?
New tints - 46.3%
Exciting hatchers - 44.5%
The familiar - 41.3%
New 'shapes' (Primal, Multigaze, etc) - 33.9%
Everything! - 22.5%
I can't think of something I like - 1.4%

Other users commented they liked the part where they made lots of money on scattersights. (I... don't really know what to say to that, other than, 'good for you!')

Q9: What is your least favourite part about this update?
I can't get the eyes I want due to low odds - 47.2%
I can't revert to common - 34.4%
I think light primal was slighted/done badly - 32.6%
The eye colour has screwed with my dragons - 28.4%
I can't get the pre-update eyes back - 25.7%
I feel insulted/upset because the eyes were changed without warning - 22.5%
I don't like the random aspect - 21.1%
I have no issues with this update - 13.8%
I'm sensitive to body horror from a Primal eye type - 8.3%
I'm sensitive to body horror from Multigaze - 6%
I'm sensitive to body horror from an eye type not listed here - 0.5%

Other users expressed that they were upset about the scattersight retiring and the community backlash.

@PixelSpiral @ElvenArtist @Auraea @Heart @SporkLord @AquariusStudios @Firtarian @LibraryWhale @BlueJaysFeather @Sanati @nika

Hey, everyone!

Here's the first batch of data. The poll will be closed until all data is collected. The next set of data is coming soon. Thanks for all the support!
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
Most seems to be what I expected but I didn't realize there were a fair few people who disliked Glowing and Water Primal eyes.
Most seems to be what I expected but I didn't realize there were a fair few people who disliked Glowing and Water Primal eyes.
Heart.gif
@Heart
From what I've heard, people disliked water primal because it looks weirdly swirly on small-eyed breeds.

Anyway, this is very interesting data, thank you for taking the time to gather it and share it :)
@Heart
From what I've heard, people disliked water primal because it looks weirdly swirly on small-eyed breeds.

Anyway, this is very interesting data, thank you for taking the time to gather it and share it :)
wq9PoXA.png
Oof, a good percentage of Light Flight voters and a lot of "Light Primal sucks" and "I want the old eyes back" votes. The update did my Flight dirty, haha. :'D

It's interesting seeing the results, though! I'm kinda surprised Shadow Primal is so popular, what with all of the complaining about it when it was first released. It's my favorite next to Fire and Wind Primal, too. I'm also surprised nobody said they hated the update; it does seem like the general consensus on the site is that it's a neat idea with poor execution/planning.

Also neat seeing how many people dislike the new Common eyes vs. the old Common/original eyes. Maybe staff will eventually give us a way to get our dragons' old eyes back. :'V
Oof, a good percentage of Light Flight voters and a lot of "Light Primal sucks" and "I want the old eyes back" votes. The update did my Flight dirty, haha. :'D

It's interesting seeing the results, though! I'm kinda surprised Shadow Primal is so popular, what with all of the complaining about it when it was first released. It's my favorite next to Fire and Wind Primal, too. I'm also surprised nobody said they hated the update; it does seem like the general consensus on the site is that it's a neat idea with poor execution/planning.

Also neat seeing how many people dislike the new Common eyes vs. the old Common/original eyes. Maybe staff will eventually give us a way to get our dragons' old eyes back. :'V
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
People don't like the Plague Primal. I must vehemently disagree, I have an upcoming breeding project based around it, though I wouldn't mind an update to it so it didn't look kinda like someone smeared jelly on them and then stuck on some weird beans. It could use a more refined 3D look. But anyway, it's all fine, opinions are good, as long as them Plague Primals stay and people can get them.

I'm not surprised how many dislike the changes made to existing dragons. Honestly, most of these stats are unsurprising and I'm excited to see the rest.

Except for the popularity of the Shadow Primal. I've seen a lot of hate / complaints for that, almost if not on par with the Plague Primal.
People don't like the Plague Primal. I must vehemently disagree, I have an upcoming breeding project based around it, though I wouldn't mind an update to it so it didn't look kinda like someone smeared jelly on them and then stuck on some weird beans. It could use a more refined 3D look. But anyway, it's all fine, opinions are good, as long as them Plague Primals stay and people can get them.

I'm not surprised how many dislike the changes made to existing dragons. Honestly, most of these stats are unsurprising and I'm excited to see the rest.

Except for the popularity of the Shadow Primal. I've seen a lot of hate / complaints for that, almost if not on par with the Plague Primal.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
I think the mods should take a peek at this. Personally, the only eye types I really enjoy are some of the rares and unusuals. Most of them don't really seem like a lot of heart were put into this update and a lot of people seem to have been let down by this, myself included. I really was hoping for some kind of news for the coli pvp update or a new breed or gene or something but the randomness of this whole update was just... eh.

Especially the plague primal, I kind of gagged when I saw it at first ;w;

Sorry to be hyper critical. But man the light eyes suck except primal and unusual.. Adding dark tones to the light eyes wasn't really my cup of tea and now my hatchery has to exalt certain babies with the wrong eye types which makes breeding certain dragons a lot more annoying than it should be.

Although, props because ice NAILED it. Arcane is nice because of the desaturation in the pinks as well, but those are really all of the positives I have on this. Water uncommon looks like the old water eyes and that invoked MAJOR salt as I wasted two scatters on a dragon of mine.. Lol
I think the mods should take a peek at this. Personally, the only eye types I really enjoy are some of the rares and unusuals. Most of them don't really seem like a lot of heart were put into this update and a lot of people seem to have been let down by this, myself included. I really was hoping for some kind of news for the coli pvp update or a new breed or gene or something but the randomness of this whole update was just... eh.

Especially the plague primal, I kind of gagged when I saw it at first ;w;

Sorry to be hyper critical. But man the light eyes suck except primal and unusual.. Adding dark tones to the light eyes wasn't really my cup of tea and now my hatchery has to exalt certain babies with the wrong eye types which makes breeding certain dragons a lot more annoying than it should be.

Although, props because ice NAILED it. Arcane is nice because of the desaturation in the pinks as well, but those are really all of the positives I have on this. Water uncommon looks like the old water eyes and that invoked MAJOR salt as I wasted two scatters on a dragon of mine.. Lol
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
1 2 3