Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [LIGHT DOM] Brightshine Jubilee Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
@jinian I'd like to be pinged for each story update please!
@jinian I'd like to be pinged for each story update please!
qXSwF3U.png233SM6q.png Jay (she/her)

Tortoiseshell Tea Haus (a hatchery)
The Foxfire Fortune Clan (a biolocke)

The Melting Pot
Baldwin Manufacturing Plant
@jinian, yeah that's exactly what i was trying to ask about, thanks
@jinian, yeah that's exactly what i was trying to ask about, thanks
1374_250px_widmo_by_miirshroom-dbua899.png
Such a sweet theme! This is gonna be a fun battle!
Such a sweet theme! This is gonna be a fun battle!
HALEY/HATCH!
EST Collector of Robots & Full-time Chatterbox
Let's be friends!
@jinian Please add me to the list for daily story updates!
@jinian Please add me to the list for daily story updates!
gekDtXY.png | blhNXG3.png | cU74Yk.jpg | lUc1aX6.gif | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1641232gekDtXY.png[/url] | ThanksgivingBadge_zps9cef2f12.png | kuxtrjm.png CAKE WALK | iQrUd5S.png LOST |
@jinian - Please ping me for story updates and when any events open for fest week! <3

resurrection of the cake
@jinian - Please ping me for story updates and when any events open for fest week! <3

resurrection of the cake
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
@jinian Could I please be added to the pinglists for the story and for events? ^^

I love this theme btw, and those badges are adorable aaaaa
@jinian Could I please be added to the pinglists for the story and for events? ^^

I love this theme btw, and those badges are adorable aaaaa
scuz me, what u
doin?
gems_badge_100.png
My mama's better than yours!
treasure_badge_100.png nosy, aren't ya?
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/A28Svy9.png[/img] Are there daily story updates? Because I can't wait to read the first one.[/center]
A28Svy9.png

Are there daily story updates? Because I can't wait to read the first one.
hnTz61J.png7ChmKWg.pngD6HJ1f0.pngcaX19pV.pngG6nKgD0.png
@jinian
This looks amazing so far! Could I get a ping for story updates and for new events opening please?
@jinian
This looks amazing so far! Could I get a ping for story updates and for new events opening please?
3sKaKGc.png
gray » fr+3 » flight traveler
[center][color=#d4ab86]• [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2461742#post_33725176]The story so far[/url] •[/color][/center] [columns][color=#775849][size=4]Ming was slightly cross as he unlocked the door to the bakery kitchen. The morning was still dark, as always, and even at midsummer there was a little dew on the paving stones and herbs of the street outside. And while he supposed having worn stones outside your place of business was a sign of success, they were also a bit slippery, and he'd almost lost his footing. He took a deep, calming breath as he opened the door, expecting to smell only a touch of the vinegar Desta used to mop up at night. Instead, he picked up a slight whiff of burned sugar. He hadn't burned a pastry in months. [i]It happened again. Something is strange.[/i] He flicked on the light and saw that, once again, the canisters of flour and sugar were a little out of place. He checked the ovens and found that one had been cleaned recently, but the smell of burning was still stronger there. [i]Someone has been in my kitchen![/i] His ruff started to prickle, fluffing up with anxiety. [i]Who would come in here? What are they trying to do?[/i] [/columns] [columns][color=#775849][size=4] Ming still needed to bake for the morning customers, but who knew what else was wrong now? After testing the oven temperatures and checking all the ingredients, he went ahead and started, but his peace was thoroughly disrupted, and the pastries knew it. These were not among his best bakes. Once he finished, he went into the customer area at the front. Nuru was there already, of course. Since she'd taken the job, he'd never seen the counter without Nuru behind it. A real trooper, that one. When she'd finished making a fancy coffee for the customer she was serving, Ming said, "Nuru, I was wondering -- have you noticed anything odd in the kitchen lately?" Her impassive face told him nothing, as usual. "Not at all, Ming. Would you like a drink?" [nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/wl5EAFR.png[/img][/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/788OsA4.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][color=#775849][size=4]Ming sighed. "I suppose so, thank you. Something calming, though, no caffeine. The kitchen has just seemed wrong the last couple of days, and now my ruff won't lie flat. It's not easy to laminate dough when you can't look straight down." "Have a seat, chef, and I'll get you a tisane," Nuru replied, and he did. As he sat down at the small table he favored, near the group of potted trees, Ming noticed one of the customers, a fellow Shining Goblin, smiling at him. [i]Oh, I recognize that guy... He really smiles a lot.[/i] Ming nodded in return. The customer's eyes crinkled at the corners and he nodded back, then took a sip of his half-full coffee before carrying it to the bus tub in the corner and walking out the door. Nuru waved, and Ming went to pick up his soothing drink, but his ruff already felt a little better.[/columns] [center] [img]https://imgur.com/XLuYPiZ.png[/img] [size=4][color=#775849][b]Today's recipe: [url=https://holycowvegan.net/vegan-strawberry-scones/]Vegan Strawberry Scones[/url][/b][/size] [img]https://imgur.com/XLuYPiZ.png[/img] [color=#d58586][i]This story will update daily. Would you like a ping when it does? Just post in this thread and ping me, @jinian.[/i][/center] [quote=Story Updates]@Neroli @Lichtdrache @Cheshly @GeriVl @alagasianflame @tigressRising @uniquelykenn @Katsuokai @cheyinka @heavylobster @Xirei @modernIcarus @Jaspernoir @twotone @heartcrusher1 @Gravebloom @Tufira[/quote]

Ming was slightly cross as he unlocked the door to the bakery kitchen. The morning was still dark, as always, and even at midsummer there was a little dew on the paving stones and herbs of the street outside. And while he supposed having worn stones outside your place of business was a sign of success, they were also a bit slippery, and he'd almost lost his footing.

He took a deep, calming breath as he opened the door, expecting to smell only a touch of the vinegar Desta used to mop up at night. Instead, he picked up a slight whiff of burned sugar. He hadn't burned a pastry in months.

It happened again. Something is strange.

He flicked on the light and saw that, once again, the canisters of flour and sugar were a little out of place. He checked the ovens and found that one had been cleaned recently, but the smell of burning was still stronger there.

Someone has been in my kitchen! His ruff started to prickle, fluffing up with anxiety. Who would come in here? What are they trying to do?

Ming still needed to bake for the morning customers, but who knew what else was wrong now? After testing the oven temperatures and checking all the ingredients, he went ahead and started, but his peace was thoroughly disrupted, and the pastries knew it. These were not among his best bakes.

Once he finished, he went into the customer area at the front. Nuru was there already, of course. Since she'd taken the job, he'd never seen the counter without Nuru behind it. A real trooper, that one. When she'd finished making a fancy coffee for the customer she was serving, Ming said, "Nuru, I was wondering -- have you noticed anything odd in the kitchen lately?"

Her impassive face told him nothing, as usual. "Not at all, Ming. Would you like a drink?"

__ wl5EAFR.png
788OsA4.png __ Ming sighed. "I suppose so, thank you. Something calming, though, no caffeine. The kitchen has just seemed wrong the last couple of days, and now my ruff won't lie flat. It's not easy to laminate dough when you can't look straight down."

"Have a seat, chef, and I'll get you a tisane," Nuru replied, and he did.

As he sat down at the small table he favored, near the group of potted trees, Ming noticed one of the customers, a fellow Shining Goblin, smiling at him. Oh, I recognize that guy... He really smiles a lot. Ming nodded in return. The customer's eyes crinkled at the corners and he nodded back, then took a sip of his half-full coffee before carrying it to the bus tub in the corner and walking out the door.

Nuru waved, and Ming went to pick up his soothing drink, but his ruff already felt a little better.

XLuYPiZ.png

Today's recipe:
Vegan Strawberry Scones

XLuYPiZ.png

This story will update daily. Would you like a ping when it does?
Just post in this thread and ping me, @jinian.
@jinian
This theme is so stinkin' cute! The graphics! The colours! You guys did a great job with it, as always!

Can I bother you for a ping when the story updates? Don't want to miss a post!
@jinian
This theme is so stinkin' cute! The graphics! The colours! You guys did a great job with it, as always!

Can I bother you for a ping when the story updates? Don't want to miss a post!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13