Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA: Eye Colors and their changes
1 2 3 4 5
Okay, so we've all seen the uproar the new eye designs have caused. There are people who are thrilled with them. There are people who hate them. And there are people everywhere in between. This post is aimed towards those concerned about the perceived differences (or lack thereof) between Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Unusual eye types. The staff has confirmed that yes, some of the original eyes were changed. Aequorin talks about that [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2452352/258#post_33598459]here[/url]. Some people have mentioned that they see very little difference - if any - between the original eyes and the current common eye type. Others say there is a huge difference. That's all fine and dandy. If you don't like it, that's okay. If you don't care, that's fine, too. But we need to remember: [Size=5][I][b]Not everyone sees colors the same way.[/b][/i][/size] Obviously, we know people who are colorblind see the world differently from those who aren't. But even among those who have full-color vision, there are variances. Here's an example, pulled from a Buzzfeed article: This image contains a word. Some people can see it, some can't. [img]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2017-03/6/10/enhanced/buzzfeed-prod-fastlane-03/enhanced-24400-1488815796-7.jpg[/img] Personally, I can't see anything. And I didn't believe there was actually anything there until I downloaded it to my phone and messed with the color saturation and brightness and whatnot. To prove there's actually something there, here's a few different edits of the image where I can see the word "BEAD" [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LN9HO9M.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/C82X5yq.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/n4AXBjr.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EQunuon.jpg[/IMG] Just some food for thought.
Okay, so we've all seen the uproar the new eye designs have caused.

There are people who are thrilled with them.

There are people who hate them.

And there are people everywhere in between.

This post is aimed towards those concerned about the perceived differences (or lack thereof) between Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Unusual eye types.

The staff has confirmed that yes, some of the original eyes were changed. Aequorin talks about that here.

Some people have mentioned that they see very little difference - if any - between the original eyes and the current common eye type. Others say there is a huge difference. That's all fine and dandy. If you don't like it, that's okay. If you don't care, that's fine, too.

But we need to remember:

Not everyone sees colors the same way.

Obviously, we know people who are colorblind see the world differently from those who aren't. But even among those who have full-color vision, there are variances.

Here's an example, pulled from a Buzzfeed article:

This image contains a word. Some people can see it, some can't.
enhanced-24400-1488815796-7.jpg

Personally, I can't see anything. And I didn't believe there was actually anything there until I downloaded it to my phone and messed with the color saturation and brightness and whatnot.

To prove there's actually something there, here's a few different edits of the image where I can see the word "BEAD"

LN9HO9M.jpg
C82X5yq.jpg
n4AXBjr.jpg
EQunuon.jpg

Just some food for thought.
jWAyGvS.jpg
Save Sornieth's Birds
rsz-612abf105149ce0d4a915a64bc527a9d.pngdNi7kr2.jpg 34e440a48f4368b81567270219f7e54142d18a63_128.gif
Exactly, yeah. I can see it as well.
Exactly, yeah. I can see it as well.
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
I've thought of this too. I've wondered if some of the people who are scoffing at those who are very disturbed by the changes...literally can't see them...
I've thought of this too. I've wondered if some of the people who are scoffing at those who are very disturbed by the changes...literally can't see them...
I can see it, barely, but I can.

Also, thanks for the link, I didn't know they have answered.
I can see it, barely, but I can.

Also, thanks for the link, I didn't know they have answered.
6zNcd7H.pngBazwLZ8.png6zNcd7H.pngtWH342p.png5gGbdPu.pngtWH342p.png
There's also screen resolutions and settings that come into play as well.

I have two computer monitors sitting right next to each other, and one has a slightly darker tint to it. I have tried configuring them to be exact settings, as they are the exact same brand; they are both acer monitors. It's not noticeable until I put two identical images side-by-side, but it drastically changes my picture(as an artist) if I were to favor one screen over the other.
There's also screen resolutions and settings that come into play as well.

I have two computer monitors sitting right next to each other, and one has a slightly darker tint to it. I have tried configuring them to be exact settings, as they are the exact same brand; they are both acer monitors. It's not noticeable until I put two identical images side-by-side, but it drastically changes my picture(as an artist) if I were to favor one screen over the other.
gRG1DTH.png
xnhgcDc.png
r4BmIa8.gif
This explains a lot with how the community has been reacting! Thanks for this informative psa.
This explains a lot with how the community has been reacting! Thanks for this informative psa.
23518.png17370.png13413.png17371.png15119.png
Can see it obviously.

I personally don't like the changes to the original, but it isn't something major to me.
Can see it obviously.

I personally don't like the changes to the original, but it isn't something major to me.
2029 < Used to be MoonEclispe, still the Friendly Friend I was earlier, just with an easier to spell name! Yay!
Yeah, I realized this pretty easily when people first started complaining about the eye change. I could vaguely see the word, but I couldn't tell what it was until it was mentioned. (I believe that I tend to have a bit more trouble with brighter colors, and so can more easily distinguish between darker colors). Plus you have to remember that monitors make a big difference.

There are some changes I could see and others I couldn't see a difference even in side by side comparisons.

However, unfortunately, for many of the ones who are scoffing at those upset about their dragons ,this won't change a thing..
Yeah, I realized this pretty easily when people first started complaining about the eye change. I could vaguely see the word, but I couldn't tell what it was until it was mentioned. (I believe that I tend to have a bit more trouble with brighter colors, and so can more easily distinguish between darker colors). Plus you have to remember that monitors make a big difference.

There are some changes I could see and others I couldn't see a difference even in side by side comparisons.

However, unfortunately, for many of the ones who are scoffing at those upset about their dragons ,this won't change a thing..

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
A lot of complaints are about details like pupils being removed, not just the colors.
A lot of complaints are about details like pupils being removed, not just the colors.
[quote]This image contains a word. Some people can see it, some can't.[/quote] I had to tilt my laptop back to be able to see it As for the eye change, I can't actually see it unless I have a side by side comparison, and even then sometimes I can barely see it. But I can understand why those who can see it are upset
Quote:
This image contains a word. Some people can see it, some can't.
I had to tilt my laptop back to be able to see it

As for the eye change, I can't actually see it unless I have a side by side comparison, and even then sometimes I can barely see it. But I can understand why those who can see it are upset
hatcherysig_by_darthyoda42-dclux4n.png
1 2 3 4 5