Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Eye Update Poll
1 2 3 4
Please go here for the new survey.

I've seen mixed reactions over the new eyes, and I want to get a full, unbiased idea of how people feel about the new trait in order to build a calm, concise suggestion for the suggestion subforum. I'll be updating the results when I get the time so that they are available to everyone (though comments may or may not be added). This is a first round, I expect to do a second survey (and possibly a third) to refine the results and the survey itself.

Feel free to respond to this thread with issues you've encountered, as well as opinions on the changes which you couldn't fit into the survey. I'm curious to see how people feel about this!

Thank you for your input!

Pinglist
@/NoctisNix @/Silver202 @/GalopaWXY @/Tynnk @/Olkai @/commoncomitatus @/slp0001 @/Celes @/snappdragon @/Frandoll @/SunstonePhoenix @/Foxofwonders @/menghuancat @/Scryzze @/ReCremisi @/Layenne90 @/Rainhead

RESULTS

As of noonish

Q1: how long have you been on FR?

Kickstarter - 2.04%
2013 - 7.14%
2014 - 25.51%
2015 - 26.53%
2016 - 15.31%
2017 - 16.33%
This year - 7.14%

Q2: Which flight are you in?

Arcane - 6.06%
Fire - 5.05%
Water - 4.04%
Earth - 6.06%
Nature - 10.10%
Plague - 3.03%
Shadow 4.04%
Lightning - 13.13%
Light - 23.23%
Ice - 13.13%
Wind - 12.12%

Q3: How do you feel, overall, about the Eye Types?

I love it - 52.04%
I'm indifferent - 14.29%
I hate it - 9.18%
Other (comments coming soon) - 24.49%

Q4: Which of the following are your favourite?

The original eyes - 41.41%
Common - 23.23%
Uncommon - 25.25%
Unusual - 30.30%
Rare - 42.42%
Primal - 46.46%
Faceted - 23.23%
Multi-gaze - 22.22%
Glowing - 38.38%
I can't choose (comments coming soon) - 9.09%

Q5: Which of the following are your least favourite?

The original eyes - 5.26%
Common - 12.63%
Uncommon - 12.63%
Unusual - 4.21%
Rare - 5.26%
Primal - 27.37%
Faceted - 20%
Multi-gaze - 54.74%
Glowing - 9.47%
I can't choose (comments coming soon) - 10.53%

Q6: Which of these solutions do you like best?

Don't retire the scattersight - 50.51%
Have a 'revert to common' item - 74.75%
Change common to original - 27.27%
Remove eyes altogether - 2.02%
Add 'display as original' button - 9.095
Add 'no body horror' button (for plague/shadow primal, multigaze, etc) - 14.14%
Keep everything as is - 8.08%
Other (comments coming soon) - 10.10%

Further comments coming soon.

COMMENTS
note: I'm adding ones which are clear, concise, and well written, as I'd like this to be the general attitude in the suggestions post I plan on making. I appreciate all responses, however, and have used the data from them to build better questions.

Q3: How do you feel about the new eye types?

I like it, however I don't like how multiple of the eye types are just slight color changes, as on breeds with smaller eyes (WCs, SDs, Imps, etc) you can barely see the changes. And it's a little unfortunate that the eye rollers are going to be retiring, as having almost every dragon on the site with the basic eyes is annoying.

I like the idea a lot, but I don't think it was executed well. This is too random and can wreck breeding projects as it is now.

I love it, but am a bit wary of the implementation— i.e. no reversal option, retiring scatterscrolls, etc.

Great concept, poor execution. Mixed feelings, I guess.
{note: this basically covers 50-60% of the attitude shown in the responses of this question. I believe it's how a great deal of the playerbase are feeling and agree wholeheartedly.}

Q5: Least Favourites

Two words. Plague primal.

Multi-gaze is perfect for some cases, but the eyes are drastically different on adult dragons from their normal eyes. Primal looks a bit ugly on Earth, Plague, and Light dragons.

Plague and Shadow Primal, specifically. The other ones are fine, but those creep make me never want to hatch a nest from those flights ever again.

Q7: Comments on the update/survey

The Plague primal eyes is what is upsetting me. It isn't that I'm squeamish to the horror, it feels like it would be hardest to work with. Not only does it lose the red-eye Plague look, but since it covers more of the face/across the nose, there goes the genes that accent the face/forehead (mainly Filigree). All the other primals are nice, but if they didn't work for the specific dragon, they're at least easier to cover up with the different Marva's eyes.

The scatterscrolls need to stay in game, otherwise we'll be trading XXX G1's for them in a few months. This survey is really nice, has options to express all the different opinions I've seen so far :)

I love this update, but I can see how people might be upset or put off by it. It was a sudden change and settings could be put in place to soften the blow of such a huge change. <33

I don't think they should have changed existing dragon's eyes, especially light and shadow. However it is a small change and doesn't really matter that much! ~Zenna

Update is nice, love some of the additions, but I just really want the original eye colors back at the very least.

I think it’s an interesting and refreshing update, albeit one that needs some fixes.

I think I'm happy with the alternate eye colors. Crazier things like glowing eyes or having primal eyes I'm still a little leery.

Primal is both one of my most favorite and least favorite depending on Flight— but, hey, I love Wind's, and that's the Flight I'm in, so it's not a dealbreaker for me, and I'm glad there's some body horror Primals for people who love 'em. :D I just hope there's some sort of eye change option for people who need it for breeding projects.

The differences between common, uncommon, unusual and rare are so small and barely visible on anything that isn't a spiral or hatchling... I think they either could be removed (and kept the original), or just keep original and add only 1 type with different tint. The multi-gaze, aside from the fact that I just don't like having many eyes on a dragon, the art just looks bad too. Very unpolished. Especially with gembond. As if they didn't check that or something. Primal just looks too ridiculous to me. Doesn't really fit any dragon unless your dragon has the same colourscheme as the eye colour / element maybe. And I think overall the whole thing is just badly implemented. We have a scroll to remove genes, but not weird eye upgrades? Did they not think this whole thing through before implemented? Did they rush it? :/

This is the only aspect of breeding dragons that is completely dependent on RNG, other than sex. It has no place in a true breeding sim.

I believe that the eyes should definitely be a genetic thing, the scatterscroll should be retired, and there should DEFINTELY be a 'revert to common' thing, since any dragon with anything but common can get any eye type BUT common, I've heard. (Dunno if it's true though?)

Vial is a consumable and should not be retired. Revert to Common item is absolutely needed.

Eyes are amazing but the poor implementation's soured me on the update. All I want is a somewhat reliable way to change a dragon's eye type... I have strong feelings against the scattersight retiring without anything to replace it.

Definitely liking the direction this is going. Would love more similiar features.

I love the eyes, but I do think that they're really minor aesthetic changes on most adult dragons, and so it seems like a lot of hype over something that isn't as big as it seems.

I love the new eyes- but retiring the scattersight is my main issue. I don't have much time this weekend to grind for scatters and have many dragons- including my progens- that I'd love to try getting new eyes for and simply can't if the scatters retire. Unless the staff come out with new gem items to change to specific eye types then this whole event has been a bummer for me.

I like most of the primal eyes, but I wish that light's primal eyes stood out a little more. I also feel like they look a little too crazy. Otherwise, I really like all the eyes (except for multi gaze and plague's primal eyes)

like it as is, but I think it could be really great with just a couple of tweaks. I'd be fine with moving the scattersight to the gem marketplace, like the tri-color scatterscroll, so it's expensive, but attainable.

the rng + retiring aspect is a pretty bad combo. most of the eyes bar primal + multi-gaze are barely different and spending tons of scattersight vials just to get that super rare primal eye is not fun at all

Please go here for the new survey.

I've seen mixed reactions over the new eyes, and I want to get a full, unbiased idea of how people feel about the new trait in order to build a calm, concise suggestion for the suggestion subforum. I'll be updating the results when I get the time so that they are available to everyone (though comments may or may not be added). This is a first round, I expect to do a second survey (and possibly a third) to refine the results and the survey itself.

Feel free to respond to this thread with issues you've encountered, as well as opinions on the changes which you couldn't fit into the survey. I'm curious to see how people feel about this!

Thank you for your input!

Pinglist
@/NoctisNix @/Silver202 @/GalopaWXY @/Tynnk @/Olkai @/commoncomitatus @/slp0001 @/Celes @/snappdragon @/Frandoll @/SunstonePhoenix @/Foxofwonders @/menghuancat @/Scryzze @/ReCremisi @/Layenne90 @/Rainhead

RESULTS

As of noonish

Q1: how long have you been on FR?

Kickstarter - 2.04%
2013 - 7.14%
2014 - 25.51%
2015 - 26.53%
2016 - 15.31%
2017 - 16.33%
This year - 7.14%

Q2: Which flight are you in?

Arcane - 6.06%
Fire - 5.05%
Water - 4.04%
Earth - 6.06%
Nature - 10.10%
Plague - 3.03%
Shadow 4.04%
Lightning - 13.13%
Light - 23.23%
Ice - 13.13%
Wind - 12.12%

Q3: How do you feel, overall, about the Eye Types?

I love it - 52.04%
I'm indifferent - 14.29%
I hate it - 9.18%
Other (comments coming soon) - 24.49%

Q4: Which of the following are your favourite?

The original eyes - 41.41%
Common - 23.23%
Uncommon - 25.25%
Unusual - 30.30%
Rare - 42.42%
Primal - 46.46%
Faceted - 23.23%
Multi-gaze - 22.22%
Glowing - 38.38%
I can't choose (comments coming soon) - 9.09%

Q5: Which of the following are your least favourite?

The original eyes - 5.26%
Common - 12.63%
Uncommon - 12.63%
Unusual - 4.21%
Rare - 5.26%
Primal - 27.37%
Faceted - 20%
Multi-gaze - 54.74%
Glowing - 9.47%
I can't choose (comments coming soon) - 10.53%

Q6: Which of these solutions do you like best?

Don't retire the scattersight - 50.51%
Have a 'revert to common' item - 74.75%
Change common to original - 27.27%
Remove eyes altogether - 2.02%
Add 'display as original' button - 9.095
Add 'no body horror' button (for plague/shadow primal, multigaze, etc) - 14.14%
Keep everything as is - 8.08%
Other (comments coming soon) - 10.10%

Further comments coming soon.

COMMENTS
note: I'm adding ones which are clear, concise, and well written, as I'd like this to be the general attitude in the suggestions post I plan on making. I appreciate all responses, however, and have used the data from them to build better questions.

Q3: How do you feel about the new eye types?

I like it, however I don't like how multiple of the eye types are just slight color changes, as on breeds with smaller eyes (WCs, SDs, Imps, etc) you can barely see the changes. And it's a little unfortunate that the eye rollers are going to be retiring, as having almost every dragon on the site with the basic eyes is annoying.

I like the idea a lot, but I don't think it was executed well. This is too random and can wreck breeding projects as it is now.

I love it, but am a bit wary of the implementation— i.e. no reversal option, retiring scatterscrolls, etc.

Great concept, poor execution. Mixed feelings, I guess.
{note: this basically covers 50-60% of the attitude shown in the responses of this question. I believe it's how a great deal of the playerbase are feeling and agree wholeheartedly.}

Q5: Least Favourites

Two words. Plague primal.

Multi-gaze is perfect for some cases, but the eyes are drastically different on adult dragons from their normal eyes. Primal looks a bit ugly on Earth, Plague, and Light dragons.

Plague and Shadow Primal, specifically. The other ones are fine, but those creep make me never want to hatch a nest from those flights ever again.

Q7: Comments on the update/survey

The Plague primal eyes is what is upsetting me. It isn't that I'm squeamish to the horror, it feels like it would be hardest to work with. Not only does it lose the red-eye Plague look, but since it covers more of the face/across the nose, there goes the genes that accent the face/forehead (mainly Filigree). All the other primals are nice, but if they didn't work for the specific dragon, they're at least easier to cover up with the different Marva's eyes.

The scatterscrolls need to stay in game, otherwise we'll be trading XXX G1's for them in a few months. This survey is really nice, has options to express all the different opinions I've seen so far :)

I love this update, but I can see how people might be upset or put off by it. It was a sudden change and settings could be put in place to soften the blow of such a huge change. <33

I don't think they should have changed existing dragon's eyes, especially light and shadow. However it is a small change and doesn't really matter that much! ~Zenna

Update is nice, love some of the additions, but I just really want the original eye colors back at the very least.

I think it’s an interesting and refreshing update, albeit one that needs some fixes.

I think I'm happy with the alternate eye colors. Crazier things like glowing eyes or having primal eyes I'm still a little leery.

Primal is both one of my most favorite and least favorite depending on Flight— but, hey, I love Wind's, and that's the Flight I'm in, so it's not a dealbreaker for me, and I'm glad there's some body horror Primals for people who love 'em. :D I just hope there's some sort of eye change option for people who need it for breeding projects.

The differences between common, uncommon, unusual and rare are so small and barely visible on anything that isn't a spiral or hatchling... I think they either could be removed (and kept the original), or just keep original and add only 1 type with different tint. The multi-gaze, aside from the fact that I just don't like having many eyes on a dragon, the art just looks bad too. Very unpolished. Especially with gembond. As if they didn't check that or something. Primal just looks too ridiculous to me. Doesn't really fit any dragon unless your dragon has the same colourscheme as the eye colour / element maybe. And I think overall the whole thing is just badly implemented. We have a scroll to remove genes, but not weird eye upgrades? Did they not think this whole thing through before implemented? Did they rush it? :/

This is the only aspect of breeding dragons that is completely dependent on RNG, other than sex. It has no place in a true breeding sim.

I believe that the eyes should definitely be a genetic thing, the scatterscroll should be retired, and there should DEFINTELY be a 'revert to common' thing, since any dragon with anything but common can get any eye type BUT common, I've heard. (Dunno if it's true though?)

Vial is a consumable and should not be retired. Revert to Common item is absolutely needed.

Eyes are amazing but the poor implementation's soured me on the update. All I want is a somewhat reliable way to change a dragon's eye type... I have strong feelings against the scattersight retiring without anything to replace it.

Definitely liking the direction this is going. Would love more similiar features.

I love the eyes, but I do think that they're really minor aesthetic changes on most adult dragons, and so it seems like a lot of hype over something that isn't as big as it seems.

I love the new eyes- but retiring the scattersight is my main issue. I don't have much time this weekend to grind for scatters and have many dragons- including my progens- that I'd love to try getting new eyes for and simply can't if the scatters retire. Unless the staff come out with new gem items to change to specific eye types then this whole event has been a bummer for me.

I like most of the primal eyes, but I wish that light's primal eyes stood out a little more. I also feel like they look a little too crazy. Otherwise, I really like all the eyes (except for multi gaze and plague's primal eyes)

like it as is, but I think it could be really great with just a couple of tweaks. I'd be fine with moving the scattersight to the gem marketplace, like the tri-color scatterscroll, so it's expensive, but attainable.

the rng + retiring aspect is a pretty bad combo. most of the eyes bar primal + multi-gaze are barely different and spending tons of scattersight vials just to get that super rare primal eye is not fun at all

necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
Took the survey! I'd love a ping fo r the results!
Took the survey! I'd love a ping fo r the results!
they/them
FR+2
Art Shop
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif
Sure, I'll start a pinglist for anyone interested ^^
Sure, I'll start a pinglist for anyone interested ^^
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
Took it: can you add me to the pinglist, please?
Took it: can you add me to the pinglist, please?
Lore Hatchery

Clan Lore
8qVENyl.png
Me too please :D
Me too please :D
Sure thing, adding you now!
Sure thing, adding you now!
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
May I get pinged too? Thanks!
May I get pinged too? Thanks!
Could I be pinged as well, please? Thank you!
Could I be pinged as well, please? Thank you!
TPoSyOQ.png 51xsGFL.png 10x10.png 10x10.png 10x10.png
Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png
Answered as best I could -- I'd love to be pinglisted too! :)
Answered as best I could -- I'd love to be pinglisted too! :)
DSfRuAQ.png
I just took it
I just took it
1 2 3 4