Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye Update Poll V2
1 2 3
Click here for the survey.

I was able to switch to a more effective platform and now introduce V2 of the Poll!

I've seen mixed reactions over the new eyes, and I want to get a full, unbiased idea of how people feel about the new trait in order to build a calm, concise suggestion for the suggestion subforum. I'll be updating the results when I get the time so that they are available to everyone (though comments may or may not be added). This is the second round, I expect to do more to refine the results and the survey itself.

Feel free to respond to this thread with issues you've encountered, as well as opinions on the changes which you couldn't fit into the survey. I'm curious to see how people feel about this!

Thank you for your input!

Pinglist

@NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @ Grunty @ Disillusionist

NOTE:
yes, I am aware that atm it only lets you pick one answer for each. I haven't worked with google forms before and am still learning how to use it. In the next form, the option will absolutely be available.

RESULTS

Gathered around 145 responses.

Which flight are you in?
Light - 21.4%
Wind - 13.1%
Arcane, Ice, Shadow, Nature - 9%
Plague, Lightning, Earth, Fire - 6.2%
Water - 4.8%

How long have you been on FR?
Since 2014 - 23.6%
Since 2015 - 20.8%
Since 2016 - 19.4%
Since 2017 - 13.9%
This year - 6.9%
Kickstarter - 1.4%

How do you feel about the eye types?

Major:
I like it - 33.1%
I love it - 31%
I dislike it, not sure how I feel yet - 9%
I'm indifferent - 5.5%
I hate it - 1.4%

Minor:
Like some, Hate some - 3
Like the concept, hate the execution - 2

Which type is your favourite?

Primal - 20.8%
Original - 17.4%
Rare - 11.1%
Multi-gaze - 10.4%
Faceted - 9%
Glowing - 6.9%
Unusual - 4.2%
Common - 3.5%
Uncommon - 2.1%

Depends - 2
Original - 3
Some of the primals - 4
Glowing - 1
Multigaze - 1

Which is your least favourite?

Multi-gaze - 41%
Primal - 9.7%
Faceted - 9%
Common - 7.6%
Uncommon - 6.9%
Glowing - 5.6%
Original - 3.5%
Unusual - 1.4%

Hate multigaze & Plague Primal - 2
Indifferent/no dislikes - 3
Dislike tints - 3
Dislike all - 2
Plague primal - 5
Shadow primal - 1
Faceted - 1
Depends - 6
Multigaze and primal - 1

Which of the following solutions do you like best?

Have 'revert to common' item - 35.2%
Don't retire the Scattersight item - 24.8%
Change common to original - 10.3%
Add no body horror button - 4.1%
Keep as is - 2.8%
Add display as original button - 2.1%

Scattersight kept & revert to common item - 6
Scattersight kept, revert to common item, and add original eyes back in/switch common to original - 7

COMMENTS
Note: I've put here the comments I believe were well-written, well thought out, and generally reflect the attitude I want to display in the suggestions thread I plan on making. I appreciate all comments, including those I didn't add here, as they help me build the next survey to better accommodate the thoughts of the users.

Q2: How do you feel abut the eye types?

I'm on the fence. Most of the eyes are fine and cool while the integration of them was surprisingly poor. Several changes can be made, and hopefully these problems won't be ignored.

I wouldn't mind it if the old ones weren't changed without any warning or explanation.

The idea is great, but theimplementation of it and theunavoidability of body horror eyetypes stinks. I want to like it, but I can't as it is right now.

Q4: Which is your least favourite?

Find it hard to like any of the new ones, as the differences are barely noticable on most breeds other than making them look like the wrong flight (color). Two of the primals are adorable; the rest are horrid.

Q5: Which of the following solutions do you like best?

Have specific "Change Eye Type to ____" scrolls.

The idea is good but the integration into FR was poor. If they aren't going to work like a new tier of genes then they should be controllable via scrolls/vials/whatever. You should be able to revert them back to the normal eye and be able to change them to any of the other eyes with scrolls or the like. For the common to rare variants, use the scatter scrolls that are reoccurring in game but not constantly obtainable (like wildclaw scrolls) and for the faceted, multigaze and primal, they get their own slightly more expensive scatter scroll entirely.

"I think having a revert-to-common item would be great. As much as a no-body-horror button would be nice, but the way I interpreted it was a "no body horror eyed dragons will be hatched in your lair if you implement this". I could be misinterpreting it..."
RESPONSE: The option would be like a pair of glasses; for the rest of the users, a dragon would still have the 'body horror' eye type, but when that specific user viewed them, they would only see common eyes (though the eye type would be visible from the dragon's profile as what it actually is). I believe this would be best, as it doesn't change the game for other players, but allows squeamish users some more control over what content they receive.

Make the multi gaze a scroll option like glow so players don't have to encounter it through breeding. Don't retire the scattersight item either, 2 days for something so major is way too short.

Q7(?) : Comments

I like where they were going with this but the implementation is, frankly, horrible. I feel that eyes such as primal, glowing, and multi-gaze could have just as easily been made apparel items- we already have a (joke) eye apparel and it could act similar to, say, the glowing clawtips apparel. It would allow people who enjoy the eyes to get them but also let people keep the original eyes because now many good dragons have been destroyed.

I am hoping that they can change the idea of scattering and put scrolls in marketplace (am willing to pay 1500g for eyes I want) or change the scattering rule so you don’t get the same type of eyes again (that means at most 6 scatters brings me the one I want) Another thing is, although unrealistic, I hope they can change the light primal eyes as it’s ridiculously hilarious (which is bad, I extremely dislike it) I’m wishing that light primal eyes can be at least, as serious as the other ones. Right now it just looks dumb and funny and April Fool.

Removing the update would be a very bad decision as millions of both currencies (and maybe even irl money) has already been spent. There would be riots. Reasoning for disliking Multi-gaze: I don't see many circumstances in which I would personally use it.
I honestly feel a little sorry for light because of their primal eye. Sure some of the others weren't as good as the rest, but that's expected since that's one of the many sacrifices you make when you choose flight. Certain preferences over others ya know? But with light, the eye just doesn't fit the sight for what it is. Artistically it sticks out a little too much from the rest of the art on sight and it doesn't help that everyone is memeing on it so light must feel like they missed out on something. Honestly think that Glowing would have looked fabulously as Lights primal.
But hey, it's the internet. FR will never be able to please EVERYONE with an update. Thanks for doing this survey and reading my obnoxiously long answers.

I'm just really concerned with how this might affect users that are squeamish about the multiple eyes thing, so not only should the display as original button be there (to revert all or just select dragons to original), but they shouldn't retire the scattersight scroll entirely. While I like the idea of the eyes being completely random, I think they should be based upon the parents, as this would really mess with a lot of hatcheries.

The lack of forewarning to the community about a change to every dragon on the site was a terrible decision, and the (literally limited/going to retire) control given to users over this new, random element was very poorly thought out.

This would have been a much more exciting event if it wasn't forced. Eyes are very important to the site from breeding projects to genones to deciding which flight to be in. I think the staff got too excited and didn't think at all about the issues this presents especially with how laxly they play the site themselves. We already had an eye type as an apparel item, why can't it just be something to buy instead of like nocturne chests? Retire value? Why? This is a new integrated part of the site not some familiar or apparel item.

I'd rather the more unique aesthetic types like Multi-gaze and Primal be some sort of breed only mutation. They're too odd and something for select groups that they shouldn't be something that can randomly pop up and ruin your dragons.

The eye update is cool, but changing the art and especially colors of the original eyes flies in the face of FR's promise to not change things to existing dragons. Additionally, retiring an item that is both single-use and a SCATTER (which means that many players will want/need multiples of them) seems like a horrific idea.

Disappointed that the eyes are 100% random and that my beloved dragons (and breeding projects) don't look the same. I like the new common eyes, but I also really liked the original eyes, so I want to have both as an option...

I stayed out of plague/arcane because I dislike body horror, so I'm really cheesed I now have to see body horror in my own nests anyway. The game wasn't advertised with body horror everywhere, it was advertised as body horror contained to certain flights/events. I don't want to see body horror on a regular basis.

It's worth noting that I don't like the complete RNG nature of the eyes at all. My ideal solution would one that allowed for a reliable or semi-reliable way to get specific eyes. It doesn't have to be cheap or easy, just possible. But failing that, the solution from the previous question is at least tolerable.
Click here for the survey.

I was able to switch to a more effective platform and now introduce V2 of the Poll!

I've seen mixed reactions over the new eyes, and I want to get a full, unbiased idea of how people feel about the new trait in order to build a calm, concise suggestion for the suggestion subforum. I'll be updating the results when I get the time so that they are available to everyone (though comments may or may not be added). This is the second round, I expect to do more to refine the results and the survey itself.

Feel free to respond to this thread with issues you've encountered, as well as opinions on the changes which you couldn't fit into the survey. I'm curious to see how people feel about this!

Thank you for your input!

Pinglist

@NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @ Grunty @ Disillusionist

NOTE:
yes, I am aware that atm it only lets you pick one answer for each. I haven't worked with google forms before and am still learning how to use it. In the next form, the option will absolutely be available.

RESULTS

Gathered around 145 responses.

Which flight are you in?
Light - 21.4%
Wind - 13.1%
Arcane, Ice, Shadow, Nature - 9%
Plague, Lightning, Earth, Fire - 6.2%
Water - 4.8%

How long have you been on FR?
Since 2014 - 23.6%
Since 2015 - 20.8%
Since 2016 - 19.4%
Since 2017 - 13.9%
This year - 6.9%
Kickstarter - 1.4%

How do you feel about the eye types?

Major:
I like it - 33.1%
I love it - 31%
I dislike it, not sure how I feel yet - 9%
I'm indifferent - 5.5%
I hate it - 1.4%

Minor:
Like some, Hate some - 3
Like the concept, hate the execution - 2

Which type is your favourite?

Primal - 20.8%
Original - 17.4%
Rare - 11.1%
Multi-gaze - 10.4%
Faceted - 9%
Glowing - 6.9%
Unusual - 4.2%
Common - 3.5%
Uncommon - 2.1%

Depends - 2
Original - 3
Some of the primals - 4
Glowing - 1
Multigaze - 1

Which is your least favourite?

Multi-gaze - 41%
Primal - 9.7%
Faceted - 9%
Common - 7.6%
Uncommon - 6.9%
Glowing - 5.6%
Original - 3.5%
Unusual - 1.4%

Hate multigaze & Plague Primal - 2
Indifferent/no dislikes - 3
Dislike tints - 3
Dislike all - 2
Plague primal - 5
Shadow primal - 1
Faceted - 1
Depends - 6
Multigaze and primal - 1

Which of the following solutions do you like best?

Have 'revert to common' item - 35.2%
Don't retire the Scattersight item - 24.8%
Change common to original - 10.3%
Add no body horror button - 4.1%
Keep as is - 2.8%
Add display as original button - 2.1%

Scattersight kept & revert to common item - 6
Scattersight kept, revert to common item, and add original eyes back in/switch common to original - 7

COMMENTS
Note: I've put here the comments I believe were well-written, well thought out, and generally reflect the attitude I want to display in the suggestions thread I plan on making. I appreciate all comments, including those I didn't add here, as they help me build the next survey to better accommodate the thoughts of the users.

Q2: How do you feel abut the eye types?

I'm on the fence. Most of the eyes are fine and cool while the integration of them was surprisingly poor. Several changes can be made, and hopefully these problems won't be ignored.

I wouldn't mind it if the old ones weren't changed without any warning or explanation.

The idea is great, but theimplementation of it and theunavoidability of body horror eyetypes stinks. I want to like it, but I can't as it is right now.

Q4: Which is your least favourite?

Find it hard to like any of the new ones, as the differences are barely noticable on most breeds other than making them look like the wrong flight (color). Two of the primals are adorable; the rest are horrid.

Q5: Which of the following solutions do you like best?

Have specific "Change Eye Type to ____" scrolls.

The idea is good but the integration into FR was poor. If they aren't going to work like a new tier of genes then they should be controllable via scrolls/vials/whatever. You should be able to revert them back to the normal eye and be able to change them to any of the other eyes with scrolls or the like. For the common to rare variants, use the scatter scrolls that are reoccurring in game but not constantly obtainable (like wildclaw scrolls) and for the faceted, multigaze and primal, they get their own slightly more expensive scatter scroll entirely.

"I think having a revert-to-common item would be great. As much as a no-body-horror button would be nice, but the way I interpreted it was a "no body horror eyed dragons will be hatched in your lair if you implement this". I could be misinterpreting it..."
RESPONSE: The option would be like a pair of glasses; for the rest of the users, a dragon would still have the 'body horror' eye type, but when that specific user viewed them, they would only see common eyes (though the eye type would be visible from the dragon's profile as what it actually is). I believe this would be best, as it doesn't change the game for other players, but allows squeamish users some more control over what content they receive.

Make the multi gaze a scroll option like glow so players don't have to encounter it through breeding. Don't retire the scattersight item either, 2 days for something so major is way too short.

Q7(?) : Comments

I like where they were going with this but the implementation is, frankly, horrible. I feel that eyes such as primal, glowing, and multi-gaze could have just as easily been made apparel items- we already have a (joke) eye apparel and it could act similar to, say, the glowing clawtips apparel. It would allow people who enjoy the eyes to get them but also let people keep the original eyes because now many good dragons have been destroyed.

I am hoping that they can change the idea of scattering and put scrolls in marketplace (am willing to pay 1500g for eyes I want) or change the scattering rule so you don’t get the same type of eyes again (that means at most 6 scatters brings me the one I want) Another thing is, although unrealistic, I hope they can change the light primal eyes as it’s ridiculously hilarious (which is bad, I extremely dislike it) I’m wishing that light primal eyes can be at least, as serious as the other ones. Right now it just looks dumb and funny and April Fool.

Removing the update would be a very bad decision as millions of both currencies (and maybe even irl money) has already been spent. There would be riots. Reasoning for disliking Multi-gaze: I don't see many circumstances in which I would personally use it.
I honestly feel a little sorry for light because of their primal eye. Sure some of the others weren't as good as the rest, but that's expected since that's one of the many sacrifices you make when you choose flight. Certain preferences over others ya know? But with light, the eye just doesn't fit the sight for what it is. Artistically it sticks out a little too much from the rest of the art on sight and it doesn't help that everyone is memeing on it so light must feel like they missed out on something. Honestly think that Glowing would have looked fabulously as Lights primal.
But hey, it's the internet. FR will never be able to please EVERYONE with an update. Thanks for doing this survey and reading my obnoxiously long answers.

I'm just really concerned with how this might affect users that are squeamish about the multiple eyes thing, so not only should the display as original button be there (to revert all or just select dragons to original), but they shouldn't retire the scattersight scroll entirely. While I like the idea of the eyes being completely random, I think they should be based upon the parents, as this would really mess with a lot of hatcheries.

The lack of forewarning to the community about a change to every dragon on the site was a terrible decision, and the (literally limited/going to retire) control given to users over this new, random element was very poorly thought out.

This would have been a much more exciting event if it wasn't forced. Eyes are very important to the site from breeding projects to genones to deciding which flight to be in. I think the staff got too excited and didn't think at all about the issues this presents especially with how laxly they play the site themselves. We already had an eye type as an apparel item, why can't it just be something to buy instead of like nocturne chests? Retire value? Why? This is a new integrated part of the site not some familiar or apparel item.

I'd rather the more unique aesthetic types like Multi-gaze and Primal be some sort of breed only mutation. They're too odd and something for select groups that they shouldn't be something that can randomly pop up and ruin your dragons.

The eye update is cool, but changing the art and especially colors of the original eyes flies in the face of FR's promise to not change things to existing dragons. Additionally, retiring an item that is both single-use and a SCATTER (which means that many players will want/need multiples of them) seems like a horrific idea.

Disappointed that the eyes are 100% random and that my beloved dragons (and breeding projects) don't look the same. I like the new common eyes, but I also really liked the original eyes, so I want to have both as an option...

I stayed out of plague/arcane because I dislike body horror, so I'm really cheesed I now have to see body horror in my own nests anyway. The game wasn't advertised with body horror everywhere, it was advertised as body horror contained to certain flights/events. I don't want to see body horror on a regular basis.

It's worth noting that I don't like the complete RNG nature of the eyes at all. My ideal solution would one that allowed for a reliable or semi-reliable way to get specific eyes. It doesn't have to be cheap or easy, just possible. But failing that, the solution from the previous question is at least tolerable.
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
@Catradora

Should I retake it?
@Catradora

Should I retake it?

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
@Catradora
Just wanted to let you know that the questions on the first poll that allowed multiple answers now only allow one on the Google Forms! Unless that was intentional.
@Catradora
Just wanted to let you know that the questions on the first poll that allowed multiple answers now only allow one on the Google Forms! Unless that was intentional.
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@SunstonePhoenix While it's up to you, I would absolutely suggest retaking it if you have the time. The previous poll broke, unfortunately, so results from that are going to be counted separately from this poll.

Thank you for the help ^^
@SunstonePhoenix While it's up to you, I would absolutely suggest retaking it if you have the time. The previous poll broke, unfortunately, so results from that are going to be counted separately from this poll.

Thank you for the help ^^
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
@Scryzze yes, this was intentional; it was never supposed to allow multiple answers. However, if you have additional data you want to add, I can do so manually by gathering responses off this thread. ^^
@Scryzze yes, this was intentional; it was never supposed to allow multiple answers. However, if you have additional data you want to add, I can do so manually by gathering responses off this thread. ^^
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
@Catradora
Alrighty! There is a place for other notes so I'll just write them there. :0
@Catradora
Alrighty! There is a place for other notes so I'll just write them there. :0
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
Took it
Took it
For "Which solutions do you like best", do you mind adding checkboxes so we can select multiple options?
For "Which solutions do you like best", do you mind adding checkboxes so we can select multiple options?
Lightning flight, she/her.
@shadowliepard I'll look into adding that function in a future survey. I'm still unfamiliar with this new platform but I hope to add such a function soon. ^^ Thank you for the feedback!
@shadowliepard I'll look into adding that function in a future survey. I'm still unfamiliar with this new platform but I hope to add such a function soon. ^^ Thank you for the feedback!
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
@Catradora Hey hey Cat! If you need any help hmu on this - I love playing with Google Forms!
Now,,,, what's the data shaping up like? I know there's probably not all that much yet, but I'm really curious
@Catradora Hey hey Cat! If you need any help hmu on this - I love playing with Google Forms!
Now,,,, what's the data shaping up like? I know there's probably not all that much yet, but I'm really curious
39645516_9lbfRRLx0ZJ3a1i.pngaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa39645536_NfQuIWRWHrIJzHC.png
1 2 3