Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Misreading usernames
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Mines pretty easy to spell fortunately so I don't miss many pings. And then there's some where I check five times like did I actually spell this right? And go letter by letter to make sure I did
Mines pretty easy to spell fortunately so I don't miss many pings. And then there's some where I check five times like did I actually spell this right? And go letter by letter to make sure I did
I got pinged as Raccoon once
it could've been autocorrect though
I got pinged as Raccoon once
it could've been autocorrect though
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,
try again... blinking_cursor.gif
People have accidentally wrote "Spotted Lead" before, and I've been called Spooted, sppot and many more misspellings on minecraft, lol.
People have accidentally wrote "Spotted Lead" before, and I've been called Spooted, sppot and many more misspellings on minecraft, lol.
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

I've been pinged as ShadowTheHedgehog plenty of times.

But yes I misread everything all the time. Not usually usernames, but things like forum thread titles get me a lot.
I've been pinged as ShadowTheHedgehog plenty of times.

But yes I misread everything all the time. Not usually usernames, but things like forum thread titles get me a lot.
blank.png
My Art
She/They
+3 FR time
divider.png
shadow.gif
So far, I've only had people misping me by putting a space in my name. It's honestly kind of cute, like "The Nightmare Judge" is such a serious title that demands respect.

No hilarious misspellings yet, sadly.
So far, I've only had people misping me by putting a space in my name. It's honestly kind of cute, like "The Nightmare Judge" is such a serious title that demands respect.

No hilarious misspellings yet, sadly.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
My username used to be super ultra mega long, but I made it slightly shorter, so I'm sure nobody would ever make a mistake.
My username used to be super ultra mega long, but I made it slightly shorter, so I'm sure nobody would ever make a mistake.
- order
not only do i a misread them, i mistype my own

what's it say about me that i get getting G and T mixed up in a certain part of my own username that i'll let ya'll guess for yourself which part it is

it's a bad time
not only do i a misread them, i mistype my own

what's it say about me that i get getting G and T mixed up in a certain part of my own username that i'll let ya'll guess for yourself which part it is

it's a bad time
5.png
STAFF needs to FIX MULTI-GAZE
comment if you can.
let staff know exactly how abhorrently unprofessional this kind of quality is.

yUJyALg.png
I misread names all the time. I'm sure I'm misreading some of your names right now and not even realizing it X).

To my knowledge, nobody's ever misread mine. Though some people have mistaken it for a reference.
I misread names all the time. I'm sure I'm misreading some of your names right now and not even realizing it X).

To my knowledge, nobody's ever misread mine. Though some people have mistaken it for a reference.
BigShotModelS3.png
I feel like it's pretty easy for me to mis-read usernames, but I try to prevent mis-spellings by zooming my browser in and getting my face right up to it.

My own username seems to get mis-spelled fairly often as well. Several people add an i after the 1, which always reminds me of how my brother pronounces it, "Star En One Ight". I find it funny, but it is just pronounced 'Star-night", the 1 doesn't change anything, haha. (:
I feel like it's pretty easy for me to mis-read usernames, but I try to prevent mis-spellings by zooming my browser in and getting my face right up to it.

My own username seems to get mis-spelled fairly often as well. Several people add an i after the 1, which always reminds me of how my brother pronounces it, "Star En One Ight". I find it funny, but it is just pronounced 'Star-night", the 1 doesn't change anything, haha. (:
I've seen people mis-ping me as "Tham" a few times. I wonder how many pings I've missed because of that haha.

As far as misreading other people's usernames though, I just copy-paste if I need to ping someone with any slightly complicated name. :p
I've seen people mis-ping me as "Tham" a few times. I wonder how many pings I've missed because of that haha.

As far as misreading other people's usernames though, I just copy-paste if I need to ping someone with any slightly complicated name. :p
1 2 3 4 5 6 7