Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I'm very conflicted...
1 2 3
I moved to water recently and I'm so glad I did! but i love the smaller size and close-knit community. everyone is so nice it's painful ;w; but the forums are kinda slow, most people use discord to chat! the water discord is pretty active and i love it cause its a small enough group that you can get to know everyone easily!

as for the aesthetic.. i mean i love it, i've been slowly trying to switch to more water dragons, but I collect g1s so it's taking some time lol.

anyways, i love water and if you like the idea of a smaller close-knit community then i highly recommend it!
I moved to water recently and I'm so glad I did! but i love the smaller size and close-knit community. everyone is so nice it's painful ;w; but the forums are kinda slow, most people use discord to chat! the water discord is pretty active and i love it cause its a small enough group that you can get to know everyone easily!

as for the aesthetic.. i mean i love it, i've been slowly trying to switch to more water dragons, but I collect g1s so it's taking some time lol.

anyways, i love water and if you like the idea of a smaller close-knit community then i highly recommend it!
ycSiwsB.png
I swap from nature and water every 6 months. @Lemonie
Check out my 1st and 2nd pages in my lair, the 1st is nature and the 2nd is water. I swap them depending on what flight I'm in currently.
I swap from nature and water every 6 months. @Lemonie
Check out my 1st and 2nd pages in my lair, the 1st is nature and the 2nd is water. I swap them depending on what flight I'm in currently.
@Taiyou

It sounds really nice there! I'm...really shy when it comes to discord and things of that sort, but the close-knit community sounds really fun! And yeah, nice blue water gen 1s are hard to find for me too, but I already have two! :D

@TheWhiteTigerGod

omg i love it- and i thought treemom was a funny name for the gladekeeper, but tidepotato? im sold.

@MurEyeUh

Wooaahhh....I don't know if I could ever do that! xD Though I guess it would be kinda cool if like...the timeframe was between april and may so you could be in Water for the WCS and in Nature for the GKG~
@Taiyou

It sounds really nice there! I'm...really shy when it comes to discord and things of that sort, but the close-knit community sounds really fun! And yeah, nice blue water gen 1s are hard to find for me too, but I already have two! :D

@TheWhiteTigerGod

omg i love it- and i thought treemom was a funny name for the gladekeeper, but tidepotato? im sold.

@MurEyeUh

Wooaahhh....I don't know if I could ever do that! xD Though I guess it would be kinda cool if like...the timeframe was between april and may so you could be in Water for the WCS and in Nature for the GKG~
swip.png - hi! i'm cassie.
- my pronouns are she/her.
- my timezone is fr+3.
Yeah, I could've this year but I swapped early bc I missed my home flight lol @Lemonie
Yeah, I could've this year but I swapped early bc I missed my home flight lol @Lemonie
@Lemonie

Hmm, I see your dilemma. But, why don't you try shaking up your lore some? Does any of your lore really describe where you clan sits? Why not be on the border of land and water? Do, as Uvarovite suggested, with a dual-flight lair? You could have a lot of fun with that.

Or, my friend @Hurricanesong, did do a switch between Water to Fire. She kept her original clan leaders. You could have some fun doing lore about how your clan adjusts, maybe have the leaders overthrown or step down. I mean, if you ever need someone to talk lore ideas with, hit me up. :)
@Lemonie

Hmm, I see your dilemma. But, why don't you try shaking up your lore some? Does any of your lore really describe where you clan sits? Why not be on the border of land and water? Do, as Uvarovite suggested, with a dual-flight lair? You could have a lot of fun with that.

Or, my friend @Hurricanesong, did do a switch between Water to Fire. She kept her original clan leaders. You could have some fun doing lore about how your clan adjusts, maybe have the leaders overthrown or step down. I mean, if you ever need someone to talk lore ideas with, hit me up. :)
SYJDX48.png
@BloodyAngel12

Thank you for the idea! I might do that in a Water lair, like...i'm thinking maybe my clan rests on a tropical sort of area with lots of plants and life? Just so I can have a bit of Nature in as well~
@BloodyAngel12

Thank you for the idea! I might do that in a Water lair, like...i'm thinking maybe my clan rests on a tropical sort of area with lots of plants and life? Just so I can have a bit of Nature in as well~
- my timezone is fr+3.
@Lemonie

OK so here is my argument for nature / staying in nature ...

1-) we have everything , light ,earth, water, life, death... so if you want to live in water ... we have shores and lakes.
2-) The flight lore is a template .... for instance in my clans lore the gladekeeper thinks of my lair as a cures or scare on her land, plus my leader is loyal to the flamecaller... ya we have issues .. but my point is that you can branch out.
3-) Nature has more colors than green... I get so bored with the push for tree dragons .. I love nature .. I have no tree dragons .. they are nice but they frustrate me..nature is rainbow .. deal with it.. hehe
4-) I take a much more brutal take on natures lore, survival of the fittest .. not a fan of plenty and all lovey dovey happiness ...nope my dragons suffer .. sometimes..hehe

what I am saying is nature has the most options to offer , I have dragons that live only in the flooded underground caves, some in above ground caves , some in trees ,some on prairie nest ...some in primitive towns... if you want something nature can offer it.
@Lemonie

OK so here is my argument for nature / staying in nature ...

1-) we have everything , light ,earth, water, life, death... so if you want to live in water ... we have shores and lakes.
2-) The flight lore is a template .... for instance in my clans lore the gladekeeper thinks of my lair as a cures or scare on her land, plus my leader is loyal to the flamecaller... ya we have issues .. but my point is that you can branch out.
3-) Nature has more colors than green... I get so bored with the push for tree dragons .. I love nature .. I have no tree dragons .. they are nice but they frustrate me..nature is rainbow .. deal with it.. hehe
4-) I take a much more brutal take on natures lore, survival of the fittest .. not a fan of plenty and all lovey dovey happiness ...nope my dragons suffer .. sometimes..hehe

what I am saying is nature has the most options to offer , I have dragons that live only in the flooded underground caves, some in above ground caves , some in trees ,some on prairie nest ...some in primitive towns... if you want something nature can offer it.
A5i3AHB.png
@Lemonie

Definitely! What Hurricanesong did (she's on hiatus right now sadly) is when she was in water (she removed it but ah las) and she described her lair, it was underwater tunnels in a cave (if i'm remembering right) and it opened up to air with ledges for the non-water breathing species and you could do something similar?

Have an air pocket opening and since your some clan is from Nature, they would naturally (:P) want to add plants and tropically setting to where they can. Have them learn and discover what works and doesn't work and make it work into your lair's design. You could even add it into lore on how it keeps your clan safe.

Like when they got there it was an underwater cave (obviously) so they checked it out and discovered areas of air pockets and decided to move in and increase that with magic. But the outside is obvious and unsafe, so the Nature dragons with the help of the native water dragons encourage kelp and seaweed to grow and it masked the entrance in a way that it looked completely natural. They use moss to help create a natural 'carpet' for the floor. Vines to hang from the ceiling and walls to create that forest like feel. They opened 'skylights' in the top with the help of water magic (to keep the water from coming in) and used more plants to mask these while letting in light so when they look up they see the rippling of the water above, sunlight dancing in between the kelp thats floating and rippling with the water around it.

They could have different plants and flowers in the air pocket side of the caves and how larger and bigger that they managed to make it with the help of construction and magic. And each dragon can do however they like in their own space or do community spaces if thats what you prefer.

I think you could make it quite functional, home-like, and pretty.

Or, on the flip side, you do something similar to the dual-flight clan. Your clan made a deal with another clan (there was a thread I saw who helped with that LORE CONNECTIONS;; [lore dragons search] if you wanted an actual clan or something) for reasons (like Uvarovite suggested) and since they decided this, they agreed to have some of their dragons join yours and yours could join theirs (aka get rid of those if you want or whatever) but these dragons miss their homes so they decorate their side of the lair with water flight stuff.

They start talking about different water plants and have aquariums with these plants and they're invited to help decorate the community space. They teach new traditions and about different plants and whatnot. And so on.

@Lemonie

Definitely! What Hurricanesong did (she's on hiatus right now sadly) is when she was in water (she removed it but ah las) and she described her lair, it was underwater tunnels in a cave (if i'm remembering right) and it opened up to air with ledges for the non-water breathing species and you could do something similar?

Have an air pocket opening and since your some clan is from Nature, they would naturally (:P) want to add plants and tropically setting to where they can. Have them learn and discover what works and doesn't work and make it work into your lair's design. You could even add it into lore on how it keeps your clan safe.

Like when they got there it was an underwater cave (obviously) so they checked it out and discovered areas of air pockets and decided to move in and increase that with magic. But the outside is obvious and unsafe, so the Nature dragons with the help of the native water dragons encourage kelp and seaweed to grow and it masked the entrance in a way that it looked completely natural. They use moss to help create a natural 'carpet' for the floor. Vines to hang from the ceiling and walls to create that forest like feel. They opened 'skylights' in the top with the help of water magic (to keep the water from coming in) and used more plants to mask these while letting in light so when they look up they see the rippling of the water above, sunlight dancing in between the kelp thats floating and rippling with the water around it.

They could have different plants and flowers in the air pocket side of the caves and how larger and bigger that they managed to make it with the help of construction and magic. And each dragon can do however they like in their own space or do community spaces if thats what you prefer.

I think you could make it quite functional, home-like, and pretty.

Or, on the flip side, you do something similar to the dual-flight clan. Your clan made a deal with another clan (there was a thread I saw who helped with that LORE CONNECTIONS;; [lore dragons search] if you wanted an actual clan or something) for reasons (like Uvarovite suggested) and since they decided this, they agreed to have some of their dragons join yours and yours could join theirs (aka get rid of those if you want or whatever) but these dragons miss their homes so they decorate their side of the lair with water flight stuff.

They start talking about different water plants and have aquariums with these plants and they're invited to help decorate the community space. They teach new traditions and about different plants and whatnot. And so on.

SYJDX48.png
@BloodyAngel12

that. is. so. cool! I might try a lore connection thing, but that might be a plan b for me since I think i'd be kinda shiny around it heh

But I love the whole idea of a duel-flight clan and mixing in elements of water plants and just water magic! I think with all these great ideas I can start something great! :D
@BloodyAngel12

that. is. so. cool! I might try a lore connection thing, but that might be a plan b for me since I think i'd be kinda shiny around it heh

But I love the whole idea of a duel-flight clan and mixing in elements of water plants and just water magic! I think with all these great ideas I can start something great! :D
- my timezone is fr+3.
@Lemonie

I'm glad to hear that!

Best of luck! :D
@Lemonie

I'm glad to hear that!

Best of luck! :D
SYJDX48.png
1 2 3