Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you keep awakened familiars?
1 2 3 4 5
@Gaia
I am not high enough in Baldwin to brew tokens. I'm definitely buying the Snowflake Nymph and the Electric Nymph this time, but as for any others, we'll have to see what the prices are. I'll probably buy extra tokens rather than actual Nymphs because they're cheaper. I'm almost up to two million treasure saved! I have nothing else I'm saving for, too, because the only familiars I have left to collect (besides the Nymphs) are the super expensive ones that I'll probably never achieve. The only one that COULD maybe happen is the Fire Sprite. The rest are just, in my eyes, ridiculously unattainable.

I only have 10 "wary" familiars in my hoard that need put on a dragon and awakened. All the rest are in the process of being awakened and are on my dragons. I've never been without an unawakened familiar on every dragon (since I started collecting/playing late, in December 2014). So, that's why I'm in kind of a panic to buy Nymphs!

Thanks for accepting my friend request! ^_^
@Gaia
I am not high enough in Baldwin to brew tokens. I'm definitely buying the Snowflake Nymph and the Electric Nymph this time, but as for any others, we'll have to see what the prices are. I'll probably buy extra tokens rather than actual Nymphs because they're cheaper. I'm almost up to two million treasure saved! I have nothing else I'm saving for, too, because the only familiars I have left to collect (besides the Nymphs) are the super expensive ones that I'll probably never achieve. The only one that COULD maybe happen is the Fire Sprite. The rest are just, in my eyes, ridiculously unattainable.

I only have 10 "wary" familiars in my hoard that need put on a dragon and awakened. All the rest are in the process of being awakened and are on my dragons. I've never been without an unawakened familiar on every dragon (since I started collecting/playing late, in December 2014). So, that's why I'm in kind of a panic to buy Nymphs!

Thanks for accepting my friend request! ^_^
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
[quote name="laurastylinson" date=2017-07-20 13:22:38] I keep all my awakened familiars in my vault, because if you sell them then they turn grey again in your bestiary and I don't like that xD I also enjoy collecting familiars, it's fun :) [/quote] Same here :)
laurastylinson wrote on 2017-07-20:
I keep all my awakened familiars in my vault, because if you sell them then they turn grey again in your bestiary and I don't like that xD I also enjoy collecting familiars, it's fun :)

Same here :)
OSPKX5l.png
Every awakened familiar I have either gets kept on a dragon or tucked into my vault
Every awakened familiar I have either gets kept on a dragon or tucked into my vault
I keep all my awakened familiars in my vault.
I keep all my awakened familiars in my vault.
When I was a newbie I sold the familiars I awakened. I didn't think much of it until I wanted to buy new familiars and couldn't track which ones I had already awakened. Even worse, when you buy it again it's still awakened so you pay twice for a familiar that will never yield more than 50 treasure a day again.

Keep the familiars and save yourself a headache later.
When I was a newbie I sold the familiars I awakened. I didn't think much of it until I wanted to buy new familiars and couldn't track which ones I had already awakened. Even worse, when you buy it again it's still awakened so you pay twice for a familiar that will never yield more than 50 treasure a day again.

Keep the familiars and save yourself a headache later.
Keep 'em in the vault.

Now, if FR made the Bestiary entries stay permanently highlighted even if the familiar isn't with you anymore, then that's another matter entirely.

In which case I'll SELL THEM ALL!

Now that I have another bunch of familiars awakening in the next few days, it's time to add to my personal wall of awakened companions once more...
Keep 'em in the vault.

Now, if FR made the Bestiary entries stay permanently highlighted even if the familiar isn't with you anymore, then that's another matter entirely.

In which case I'll SELL THEM ALL!

Now that I have another bunch of familiars awakening in the next few days, it's time to add to my personal wall of awakened companions once more...
I collect familiars. For me there is no reason to get rid of them, awakened or not. I hope to one day have a complete collection of them all.

Since the bestiary only tracks familiars you have, having a list a of fams that states "awakened" on them (page after page) is it's own accomplishment. You don't get the listing (as has been mentioned earlier) if you don't have at least ONE copy of that familiar That to me is motivation enough to keep them.

Also, I have some awakened familiars on my dragons. As many familiars as I have that still needed bonding, I don't swap these out. 1) They match my dragon really well. 2) They give out 50t every day (still). People seem to either forget or ignore the fact that Awakened familiars aren't "done". They still have treasure to share with us! The button is still active the next day.

50t a day to me has added valued... that's 5 t higher then a familiar in the last stage of bonding. That's a STEADY 50t daily. It may be a drop on the bucket, but it's a LOT more then the original 15t you get for starting a NEW familiar.

Now I don't get treasure chest anymore from them, sure. But still. That's a steady, constant trickle of treasure.

Additionally.... I don't understand why people would get rid of or sell their familiars? I know people do. I just, I don't understand why.
I collect familiars. For me there is no reason to get rid of them, awakened or not. I hope to one day have a complete collection of them all.

Since the bestiary only tracks familiars you have, having a list a of fams that states "awakened" on them (page after page) is it's own accomplishment. You don't get the listing (as has been mentioned earlier) if you don't have at least ONE copy of that familiar That to me is motivation enough to keep them.

Also, I have some awakened familiars on my dragons. As many familiars as I have that still needed bonding, I don't swap these out. 1) They match my dragon really well. 2) They give out 50t every day (still). People seem to either forget or ignore the fact that Awakened familiars aren't "done". They still have treasure to share with us! The button is still active the next day.

50t a day to me has added valued... that's 5 t higher then a familiar in the last stage of bonding. That's a STEADY 50t daily. It may be a drop on the bucket, but it's a LOT more then the original 15t you get for starting a NEW familiar.

Now I don't get treasure chest anymore from them, sure. But still. That's a steady, constant trickle of treasure.

Additionally.... I don't understand why people would get rid of or sell their familiars? I know people do. I just, I don't understand why.
Brah I barely keep any familiars in my lair. If I ever I get a familiar of high value I boot it to the AH.
Brah I barely keep any familiars in my lair. If I ever I get a familiar of high value I boot it to the AH.
“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things.The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
I vault the Awakened familiars (with the exception of the ones on my dragons) and sell/brew the extras. Sometimes, this leads to a mishap when I forget to vault something. I spent a while without a Clown Hippocampus because I melted my last copy. Oops!
I vault the Awakened familiars (with the exception of the ones on my dragons) and sell/brew the extras. Sometimes, this leads to a mishap when I forget to vault something. I spent a while without a Clown Hippocampus because I melted my last copy. Oops!
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
I do! I want to have 420 bestiary entries

intense kek
I do! I want to have 420 bestiary entries

intense kek
3_by_blondes_sketchbook-d9wfppe.gif
1_by_blondes_sketchbook-d9wfr49.gif

fdegtr_by_blondes_sketchbook-d9wfr56.png

2_by_blondes_sketchbook-d9wfr4j.gif
4_by_blondes_sketchbook-d9wfppz.gif
1 2 3 4 5