Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Terrible FR fairgrounds idea
1 2 3 4
[quote name="drawingdeamon" date=2017-07-19 16:09:26] what if the deities were the pitchers and the courier dragons were the batters [/quote] I bet shadowbinder's gonna end up as tigger
drawingdeamon wrote on 2017-07-19:
what if the deities were the pitchers and the courier dragons were the batters

I bet shadowbinder's gonna end up as tigger
nature8.png x Iron Belt Buckle Current
Count:
Buckles
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx treasure.png
^My Goals!^
fc4zvun.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
o4KdtaP.png
VjdktqS.png
Sorrowspark#0101
[quote name="Shambles" date=2017-07-19 16:07:03] anyone whos confused google 'winnie the pooh home run derby' and watch any of the videos you will not be disappointed [/quote] i have no regrets looking this up omg
Shambles wrote on 2017-07-19:
anyone whos confused google 'winnie the pooh home run derby' and watch any of the videos you will not be disappointed
i have no regrets looking this up omg
Accent Shop

Doodle Shop
soudasig_by_eggdis-dbau8f2.png
[quote name="Shambles" date=2017-07-19 16:07:03] anyone whos confused google 'winnie the pooh home run derby' and watch any of the videos you will not be disappointed [/quote] No regrets. I. Can't. Breathe. Omg
Shambles wrote on 2017-07-19:
anyone whos confused google 'winnie the pooh home run derby' and watch any of the videos you will not be disappointed

No regrets. I. Can't. Breathe. Omg
f0iGMjz.pngTjlZ75r.png
[img]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/474/619/9ca.png[/img] but imagine that with like [size=2]noggle head
9ca.png

but imagine that with like

noggle head
20110.png V7wUqxW.png
ePOliyb.png
QQYyU47.png

rhaUE0x.png c7ZTdau.png 0xN1Cpn.png ijKL04W.png
http://www.y8.com/games/winnie_the_poohs_home_run_derby

i found a version of it online, if anyone wants to play
http://www.y8.com/games/winnie_the_poohs_home_run_derby

i found a version of it online, if anyone wants to play
xulc4O8.png
well there goes my afternoon. edit: needs an extension i dont have and this is a hotel computer. i am dissappoint [img]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/472/421/917.png[/img]
well there goes my afternoon.

edit: needs an extension i dont have and this is a hotel computer. i am dissappoint

917.png
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
Since everyone's saying "look it up" and posting memes rather than explaining anything, I will tell you confused children a tale passed down to me by a stranger on this world wide web. (Though I'm verifying it myself as I type it. Research is important!) "Winnie the Pooh's Home Run Derby" was a seemingly simple flash game released by the official Japanese Disney website in 2008, and an English translation released on the American Disney website later the same year. The game has Winnie the Pooh and pals playing a simplified game of baseball, Pooh as the batter and his friends as the pitchers, the goal being to hit home runs (i.e. just hitting really far). Each character uses more advanced and difficult throwing techniques than the last as you progress through the game. In theory, a fairly novel idea, but in practice, an absolute nightmare. By 2012, a Japanese community had risen around the game because of how [i]insanely hard[/i] it was. The first few characters, Lumpy and Eeyore, require precise timing in order to hit the ball, but are pretty much what you'd expect from a kid's game. Then Piglet starts throwing curveballs, and already the learning curve has begun to rise. Then comes Kanga, and her pitches have already begun to break the laws of physics, bouncing up and down so that even if you're in front of it, you can do nothing but watch it fly over your bat. Rabbit's pitches started out slow and deliberate, but then speed up and fly by faster than you can react. Owl's pitches zig-zagged side-to-side, causing more foul balls than a sports arena in the Wyrmwound. Tigger's balls actually [i]went invisible halfway through the pitch.[/i] You had to base all of these purely on skillful timing and positioning, and even then you might as well make a shrine to the luck god of your choosing, since a lifetime of religious service is faster than it takes to build these skills. Then there was Christopher Robin. Christopher Robin, Pooh's dearest friend, was almost poetically parodic of the game. As the final character you could play against, he could use [i]any of the past characters' quirks at random. And he could [b]combine them.[/i][/b] You could be facing invisible curveballs or sped-up bouncers and you had no way of knowing what he'd do next. I don't recommend looking up the memes unless you have a high tolerance for slurs, because people went insane over these characters. There were Dante's Inferno parodies, "what's a god to a nonbeliever," anime screenshot redraws, and so on. For your viewing pleasure, here are some of the less violent memes that still give you an idea of the insanity; [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/a0122482f475b02452c86e54d9ba0d0d/tumblr_inline_oiuvdoaKwi1r6y7ea_500.png[/img][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/87b4b55111b2469b7da7a4475fc5cef6/tumblr_inline_oiuvieXWbe1r6y7ea_500.png[/img][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/0b1d70118b1437918cb6080232714c24/tumblr_inline_oiuvcn1fSN1r6y7ea_500.png[/img][img]http://memestatic.fjcdn.com/pictures/Winnie_681d87_6152294.jpg[/img] So, basically, a really weird official Winnie the Pooh game garnered a lot of attention for being the Dark Souls of stupid flash sports games based on Disney characters. I'm sorry for the long post, but this story needed to come to light.
Since everyone's saying "look it up" and posting memes rather than explaining anything, I will tell you confused children a tale passed down to me by a stranger on this world wide web.
(Though I'm verifying it myself as I type it. Research is important!)

"Winnie the Pooh's Home Run Derby" was a seemingly simple flash game released by the official Japanese Disney website in 2008, and an English translation released on the American Disney website later the same year. The game has Winnie the Pooh and pals playing a simplified game of baseball, Pooh as the batter and his friends as the pitchers, the goal being to hit home runs (i.e. just hitting really far). Each character uses more advanced and difficult throwing techniques than the last as you progress through the game. In theory, a fairly novel idea, but in practice, an absolute nightmare.

By 2012, a Japanese community had risen around the game because of how insanely hard it was. The first few characters, Lumpy and Eeyore, require precise timing in order to hit the ball, but are pretty much what you'd expect from a kid's game. Then Piglet starts throwing curveballs, and already the learning curve has begun to rise. Then comes Kanga, and her pitches have already begun to break the laws of physics, bouncing up and down so that even if you're in front of it, you can do nothing but watch it fly over your bat.

Rabbit's pitches started out slow and deliberate, but then speed up and fly by faster than you can react. Owl's pitches zig-zagged side-to-side, causing more foul balls than a sports arena in the Wyrmwound. Tigger's balls actually went invisible halfway through the pitch. You had to base all of these purely on skillful timing and positioning, and even then you might as well make a shrine to the luck god of your choosing, since a lifetime of religious service is faster than it takes to build these skills. Then there was Christopher Robin.

Christopher Robin, Pooh's dearest friend, was almost poetically parodic of the game. As the final character you could play against, he could use any of the past characters' quirks at random. And he could combine them. You could be facing invisible curveballs or sped-up bouncers and you had no way of knowing what he'd do next. I don't recommend looking up the memes unless you have a high tolerance for slurs, because people went insane over these characters. There were Dante's Inferno parodies, "what's a god to a nonbeliever," anime screenshot redraws, and so on.

For your viewing pleasure, here are some of the less violent memes that still give you an idea of the insanity;

tumblr_inline_oiuvdoaKwi1r6y7ea_500.pngtumblr_inline_oiuvieXWbe1r6y7ea_500.pngtumblr_inline_oiuvcn1fSN1r6y7ea_500.pngWinnie_681d87_6152294.jpg

So, basically, a really weird official Winnie the Pooh game garnered a lot of attention for being the Dark Souls of stupid flash sports games based on Disney characters. I'm sorry for the long post, but this story needed to come to light.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
[center][img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/473/439/4e0.jpg[/img] This is my new favorite meme now
4e0.jpg

This is my new favorite meme now
TPoSyOQ.png 51xsGFL.png 10x10.png 10x10.png 10x10.png
Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png
oh no
oh no
otfajr.jpg
We should totally do a ripoff of Bubsy though.
We should totally do a ripoff of Bubsy though.
My writing project.
1 2 3 4