Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [MJ] 2017 Mistral Jamboree Hub
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
@Panderz

Add me to the event pinglist please?
@Panderz

Add me to the event pinglist please?
jA0Unwf.gif
@Panderz

Add me to the event and story pinglists, please!
@Panderz

Add me to the event and story pinglists, please!
xpP2XdL.png
@Panderz

Event and story pings, please!
@Panderz

Event and story pings, please!
If you buy dragons from me to exalt, please name them first!
T5sUJyn.png
@Panderz

Aaaahhhh pinglist please! Event and story!
@Panderz

Aaaahhhh pinglist please! Event and story!
TrDrnN6.png ***
Art

Accents
Just wanted to say that the messages going out telling people about the Jamboree are super cute and fun!
Just wanted to say that the messages going out telling people about the Jamboree are super cute and fun!
V6q1MAV.png
@Panderz
May I be added to the story pinglist?
@Panderz
May I be added to the story pinglist?
Day 5 - Flying Is Better With Friends
By @Toothless

Tempest had been to the Sunbeam Ruins once in her life when she had chased after her deity when he decided to prank the Lightweaver for… whatever the reason. Needless to say, she didn’t see much at the time and it hadn't been particularly relaxing. On her own, though? She loved it. The quiet ruins, the glittering sun; it was no wonder so many dragons called this place their home.

She made camp at the Mirror light Promenade, taking a couple hours to watch young dragons attempt their first flight before she sat down to fill in the map and catch up with the day’s travels. The crumbling ruins were hard to write on, but she steadied her quill hand and her lines went down well enough. Her focus was broken when a little Imperial popped up over the edge of the pedestal she was using as a writing desk.

“Hi!” chirped the dragon.

Tempest smiled, setting her quill down and smoothing out the map. “Hello there, little one. What brings you out today? Practicing your flying?”

The Imperial beamed. “Sure am. Ma says I’ll be a great flyer like her one day! Oh! My name is Sol. Gotta ‘member my manners.”

“Call me Tempest. I bet your mother soars in the skies beautifully. Is she an Imperial like you?” Tempest asked.

“Uh-huh! She’s big and golden! Hey, do ya think you can help me fly? You’re a Wind Sprite so maybe…” Sol trailed off, her yellow whiskers twitching.

“I can give you a boost?” Tempest laughed as Sol’s striped face turned orange with embarrassment. “Of course! You ready?” She readied a gentle spell to create a supporting breeze under the Imperial’s wings.

Sol’s tongue poked out in concentration and she nodded. “Let’s go!” She flapped her wings frantically, looking a bit like a wet bird rather than an elegant Imperial, but with Tempest’s help, the wild flapping turned into focused and strong pushes. The spell caused a gentle, but firm breeze to lift Sol a few feet into the air. She whooped and descended into a fit of giggles. Her wings stopped flapping and Tempest had to make sure her spell let the hatchling down softly.

“Did ya see that, Tempest? That. Was. Awesome!” Sol ran in circles around the Sprite. “Thank you for your help! I ought to go, I think Ma is wondering where I went! Bye bye, Tempest!”

“Bye, Sol. Good luck learning to fly!” Tempest waved at the energetic hatchling, watching her rejoin her much larger mother.

Once again, it was tranquil and Tempest was alone, but smiling and happy. Sol’s youthful enthusiasm made her heart light. She picked her quill up, drawing a few more lines on her map before she realized that it was already telling her where to venture next: ‘Follow the wisps with caution; mushrooms illuminate the true path.

Day 6 - Hiding in the Shadows
By @shoydragon

The lands of the Shadowbinder held a mysterious beauty. The thick trees and ever-present gloom cast the ground into almost complete darkness, making the glowing mushrooms sprouting from rotting logs and gnarled roots the only real source of light. In their blue glow, Tempest found a place to settle for the moment, doing her best to map out the nearly invisible twists and turns of the Tangled Wood.

As she looked around, Tempest realized she had been in this area of the Shadow territory once before. Across the small clearing she was sitting in lay the Foxfire Brambles, and she couldn’t help but think back to the time she and a Shadow Sprite called Twilight had raced each other through the Brambles during the MistralMurk Faire, after every other event they’d competed in ended in a draw and then devolved into a food fight of epic proportions. Laughing to herself at the memory, Tempest stood and made her way closer to the Brambles, wondering if she would be able to navigate the treacherous tangle of spines without the help of her Shadow Sprite friend.

“There’s no way I’ll make it through that maze if I can’t see,” Tempest muttered, peering into the darkness beyond the first layer of thorns. “Guess I’ll need to bring some light with me.” Summoning a small breeze, Tempest used it to gather spores from the nearby mushrooms. Though they were nowhere near as bright as their source, the spores let off a dim glow, which would make exploring and recording the hidden paths through the thorns much easier. With her swirl of glowing spores at her side, Tempest made her way into the Brambles.

Pausing every so often to sketch the route she was on, Tempest slowly made her way towards what she hoped was the heart of the Brambles. She was just reaching into her satchel to pull out the map and make another addition when a voice hissed at her from the darkness.

“Can you put that light out, you’re going to give us away!”

Tempest jumped and gazed around in confusion. “Hello?” she whispered. “Who’s there?”

“We are!” a different voice sounded from her left, “and we’re trying to win, so if you don’t mind…”

If she squinted, Tempest could just make out a shape among the brambles. Once she realized what she was seeing, she almost laughed out loud. Curled around each other in a remarkably good imitation of the surrounding vines were a pair of dark purple Spirals.

“I’m so sorry,” Tempest whispered, “but what are you trying to win?”

“Hide-and-seek!” the first Spiral answered with a smile. They all heard a noise coming closer.
“Quiet! Someone’s coming!”

The Spirals closed their eyes and went still. Tempest turned and was surprised to find a familiar face emerging from the gloom.

“Twilight!” she cried, waving enthusiastically at her Shadow Sprite friend.

“Tempest? Hello!! What brings you back here?”

Tempest held up her map, “I’m on a mission for Windsinger. He’s asked me to map out all of Sornieth before Mistral Jamboree.”

Twilight looked impressed. “Wow, that’s a lot of work for just one Sprite! Need any help?”

“If you could help me get out of here, I’d really appreciate it,” Tempest told her quickly. “And any help on mapping the Brambles would be amazing!”

Twilight happily led the way, pointing out hidden paths along the way. Tempest asked questions and added to the map as they went. It wasn’t long before the two Sprites reached the other side of the Foxfire Brambles.

“Thank you so much, Twilight,” Tempest said, placing her quill back into her satchel. As she started to roll the map, she noticed the next clue had appeared in the corner: ‘A blooming maze where villages hang in trees.

The Shadow Sprite grinned. “I’m happy to help. Oh no!” Twilight suddenly looked horrified and Tempest glanced around in fright. “I forgot I was playing Hide-and-Seek! I better run!”

With a laugh, Tempest took flight. “Until next time, then! Good luck!”

“And to you as well!” Twilight called with a wave before vanishing back into the shadows.

AHHHHH!! I am deeply sorry for the lateness! I have been super busy and then google wasn't playing nice yesterday for me to post. So two stories for today!

Thank you all for bearing with me, I promise to do better now that i am not as busy~
Double pings for those who weren't on lists before.

Story ping:
@KyloRen @HowlingGale @casuallySleepy @Hinumi @Lundlaeva @Quinineer @Ribbons @Eialyne @Poisonedpaper @elfmoss @dragonlady1803 @Phooka @catgame21234 @tigressRising @BettaFishy @shoydragon @justChimeric @deadpan @Saraceaser @RemanLT @Nighttyger @Silverpine @CalandoAdumbrate

A few events are up and running! They are:
Poetry contest, Story contest, Image guess, Kite design, Trivial treasures, RP Contest

In Other things:
Grab bags, Junk in and of course our raffles!

Event pings:
@RingsofSaturn @KyloRen @felistopaz @birdfairy @IgnisFlamel @Ribbons @HowlingGale @casuallySleepy @CrazyassBat @agateflame @PiecesOSky @Hinumi @arjunvohra @thePurple @Deladria @UnseenRangerGal @Leucine @Lundlaeva @JinxMoonstone @cosmicConundrum @Quinineer @sgkat @tigressRising @Eialyne @Katsuokai @Starongie @Poisonedpaper @elfmoss @wingworm @Dandydots @Lilydew @Pandacow @Darkrait @Phooka @catgame21234 @hazy @Kookaburra @Kapara @Jetfeather @StarriannaFlare @Somethinggetrekt @justChimeric @HermioneLeviosa @ThisOneIsBlue @Saraceaser @Wubblyboofus @emmasquema @Starrlight @RemanLT @Nighttyger @Silverpine

@lunusdragoness (story) @Hidd3nstare (story/ Halcyon Horoscopes)
Day 5 - Flying Is Better With Friends
By @Toothless

Tempest had been to the Sunbeam Ruins once in her life when she had chased after her deity when he decided to prank the Lightweaver for… whatever the reason. Needless to say, she didn’t see much at the time and it hadn't been particularly relaxing. On her own, though? She loved it. The quiet ruins, the glittering sun; it was no wonder so many dragons called this place their home.

She made camp at the Mirror light Promenade, taking a couple hours to watch young dragons attempt their first flight before she sat down to fill in the map and catch up with the day’s travels. The crumbling ruins were hard to write on, but she steadied her quill hand and her lines went down well enough. Her focus was broken when a little Imperial popped up over the edge of the pedestal she was using as a writing desk.

“Hi!” chirped the dragon.

Tempest smiled, setting her quill down and smoothing out the map. “Hello there, little one. What brings you out today? Practicing your flying?”

The Imperial beamed. “Sure am. Ma says I’ll be a great flyer like her one day! Oh! My name is Sol. Gotta ‘member my manners.”

“Call me Tempest. I bet your mother soars in the skies beautifully. Is she an Imperial like you?” Tempest asked.

“Uh-huh! She’s big and golden! Hey, do ya think you can help me fly? You’re a Wind Sprite so maybe…” Sol trailed off, her yellow whiskers twitching.

“I can give you a boost?” Tempest laughed as Sol’s striped face turned orange with embarrassment. “Of course! You ready?” She readied a gentle spell to create a supporting breeze under the Imperial’s wings.

Sol’s tongue poked out in concentration and she nodded. “Let’s go!” She flapped her wings frantically, looking a bit like a wet bird rather than an elegant Imperial, but with Tempest’s help, the wild flapping turned into focused and strong pushes. The spell caused a gentle, but firm breeze to lift Sol a few feet into the air. She whooped and descended into a fit of giggles. Her wings stopped flapping and Tempest had to make sure her spell let the hatchling down softly.

“Did ya see that, Tempest? That. Was. Awesome!” Sol ran in circles around the Sprite. “Thank you for your help! I ought to go, I think Ma is wondering where I went! Bye bye, Tempest!”

“Bye, Sol. Good luck learning to fly!” Tempest waved at the energetic hatchling, watching her rejoin her much larger mother.

Once again, it was tranquil and Tempest was alone, but smiling and happy. Sol’s youthful enthusiasm made her heart light. She picked her quill up, drawing a few more lines on her map before she realized that it was already telling her where to venture next: ‘Follow the wisps with caution; mushrooms illuminate the true path.

Day 6 - Hiding in the Shadows
By @shoydragon

The lands of the Shadowbinder held a mysterious beauty. The thick trees and ever-present gloom cast the ground into almost complete darkness, making the glowing mushrooms sprouting from rotting logs and gnarled roots the only real source of light. In their blue glow, Tempest found a place to settle for the moment, doing her best to map out the nearly invisible twists and turns of the Tangled Wood.

As she looked around, Tempest realized she had been in this area of the Shadow territory once before. Across the small clearing she was sitting in lay the Foxfire Brambles, and she couldn’t help but think back to the time she and a Shadow Sprite called Twilight had raced each other through the Brambles during the MistralMurk Faire, after every other event they’d competed in ended in a draw and then devolved into a food fight of epic proportions. Laughing to herself at the memory, Tempest stood and made her way closer to the Brambles, wondering if she would be able to navigate the treacherous tangle of spines without the help of her Shadow Sprite friend.

“There’s no way I’ll make it through that maze if I can’t see,” Tempest muttered, peering into the darkness beyond the first layer of thorns. “Guess I’ll need to bring some light with me.” Summoning a small breeze, Tempest used it to gather spores from the nearby mushrooms. Though they were nowhere near as bright as their source, the spores let off a dim glow, which would make exploring and recording the hidden paths through the thorns much easier. With her swirl of glowing spores at her side, Tempest made her way into the Brambles.

Pausing every so often to sketch the route she was on, Tempest slowly made her way towards what she hoped was the heart of the Brambles. She was just reaching into her satchel to pull out the map and make another addition when a voice hissed at her from the darkness.

“Can you put that light out, you’re going to give us away!”

Tempest jumped and gazed around in confusion. “Hello?” she whispered. “Who’s there?”

“We are!” a different voice sounded from her left, “and we’re trying to win, so if you don’t mind…”

If she squinted, Tempest could just make out a shape among the brambles. Once she realized what she was seeing, she almost laughed out loud. Curled around each other in a remarkably good imitation of the surrounding vines were a pair of dark purple Spirals.

“I’m so sorry,” Tempest whispered, “but what are you trying to win?”

“Hide-and-seek!” the first Spiral answered with a smile. They all heard a noise coming closer.
“Quiet! Someone’s coming!”

The Spirals closed their eyes and went still. Tempest turned and was surprised to find a familiar face emerging from the gloom.

“Twilight!” she cried, waving enthusiastically at her Shadow Sprite friend.

“Tempest? Hello!! What brings you back here?”

Tempest held up her map, “I’m on a mission for Windsinger. He’s asked me to map out all of Sornieth before Mistral Jamboree.”

Twilight looked impressed. “Wow, that’s a lot of work for just one Sprite! Need any help?”

“If you could help me get out of here, I’d really appreciate it,” Tempest told her quickly. “And any help on mapping the Brambles would be amazing!”

Twilight happily led the way, pointing out hidden paths along the way. Tempest asked questions and added to the map as they went. It wasn’t long before the two Sprites reached the other side of the Foxfire Brambles.

“Thank you so much, Twilight,” Tempest said, placing her quill back into her satchel. As she started to roll the map, she noticed the next clue had appeared in the corner: ‘A blooming maze where villages hang in trees.

The Shadow Sprite grinned. “I’m happy to help. Oh no!” Twilight suddenly looked horrified and Tempest glanced around in fright. “I forgot I was playing Hide-and-Seek! I better run!”

With a laugh, Tempest took flight. “Until next time, then! Good luck!”

“And to you as well!” Twilight called with a wave before vanishing back into the shadows.

AHHHHH!! I am deeply sorry for the lateness! I have been super busy and then google wasn't playing nice yesterday for me to post. So two stories for today!

Thank you all for bearing with me, I promise to do better now that i am not as busy~
Double pings for those who weren't on lists before.

Story ping:
@KyloRen @HowlingGale @casuallySleepy @Hinumi @Lundlaeva @Quinineer @Ribbons @Eialyne @Poisonedpaper @elfmoss @dragonlady1803 @Phooka @catgame21234 @tigressRising @BettaFishy @shoydragon @justChimeric @deadpan @Saraceaser @RemanLT @Nighttyger @Silverpine @CalandoAdumbrate

A few events are up and running! They are:
Poetry contest, Story contest, Image guess, Kite design, Trivial treasures, RP Contest

In Other things:
Grab bags, Junk in and of course our raffles!

Event pings:
@RingsofSaturn @KyloRen @felistopaz @birdfairy @IgnisFlamel @Ribbons @HowlingGale @casuallySleepy @CrazyassBat @agateflame @PiecesOSky @Hinumi @arjunvohra @thePurple @Deladria @UnseenRangerGal @Leucine @Lundlaeva @JinxMoonstone @cosmicConundrum @Quinineer @sgkat @tigressRising @Eialyne @Katsuokai @Starongie @Poisonedpaper @elfmoss @wingworm @Dandydots @Lilydew @Pandacow @Darkrait @Phooka @catgame21234 @hazy @Kookaburra @Kapara @Jetfeather @StarriannaFlare @Somethinggetrekt @justChimeric @HermioneLeviosa @ThisOneIsBlue @Saraceaser @Wubblyboofus @emmasquema @Starrlight @RemanLT @Nighttyger @Silverpine

@lunusdragoness (story) @Hidd3nstare (story/ Halcyon Horoscopes)
EG2ha59.png vo5QYDb.png
FR +3
*Wind Council
*Bamboo buying
lHdQ8WC.png
PC663dN.pngxfl16Sg.png
@Panderz

Oooh! Update! Awesomeness! :D

No worries about the lateness; just glad you're okay. ^-^

@Panderz

Oooh! Update! Awesomeness! :D

No worries about the lateness; just glad you're okay. ^-^

tihutbH.png
lAvpyOQ.png

ZwbGqUa.png

rPaLIxa.png

J7D1quC.png

FObX7rS.png

YMPbu9R.png
53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png
Aaaaa, amazing <3 the stories are too good ;A;
Aaaaa, amazing <3 the stories are too good ;A;
Gale
FR + 16/17 | Korea | She/Her
@Panderz may I please be added to the events ping list?
@Panderz may I please be added to the events ping list?
CUTQvya.gif
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14