Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore HUB (SS2017 Advent Calendar)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59
@Wintercreek - Lore writer here! :D

First of all, I'm really interested in #27. As she's triple Moon, in addition to her body position and hatchdate, I have some interesting Chinese Lunar New Year lore ideas. She was born 6 days before New Year, but I have a way to explain that. Got my hopes up!

I think Deluxe #12 also speaks to me, as a magical ice spirit, with her wings reflectors of the moon, her body the frozen river, and her runes a sign of the deep magic. Very deep stuff I'm thinking of, lol~

These are the two that I really feel would be easy for me to pour into, and if I get #27 (*wishful thinking*) I'll probably go on a lore-writing spree and accidentally pull out all the stops. Of course, for #12 too, since she's Deluxe. :3
@Wintercreek - Lore writer here! :D

First of all, I'm really interested in #27. As she's triple Moon, in addition to her body position and hatchdate, I have some interesting Chinese Lunar New Year lore ideas. She was born 6 days before New Year, but I have a way to explain that. Got my hopes up!

I think Deluxe #12 also speaks to me, as a magical ice spirit, with her wings reflectors of the moon, her body the frozen river, and her runes a sign of the deep magic. Very deep stuff I'm thinking of, lol~

These are the two that I really feel would be easy for me to pour into, and if I get #27 (*wishful thinking*) I'll probably go on a lore-writing spree and accidentally pull out all the stops. Of course, for #12 too, since she's Deluxe. :3
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
@Wintercreek

My choices are:

(#27's bio says they might change their breed--I'd be willing to write for them, but I'd rather wait until the breed is decided.)
@Wintercreek

My choices are:

(#27's bio says they might change their breed--I'd be willing to write for them, but I'd rather wait until the breed is decided.)
@Wintercreek

My choices are #20 and since I got drawn to do his art and it might be fun to make lore coordinate with that, #7 as well.
@Wintercreek

My choices are #20 and since I got drawn to do his art and it might be fun to make lore coordinate with that, #7 as well.
8NAp29F.png
@Allunar
@arrowe3
@BadgerStripes
@basicblack1986
@beargirl1393
@BlackSherruk
@Breshcandra
@Chrisondra
@Crescentstar711
@Emordnilap
@Fizzywits
@heartcrusher1
@humanityxpeople
@Jirazeil
@KaiMalut
@KatzPetz
@korradorable
@kriskrossness
@Krycelli
@MagpieScholar
@Melodious
@Pard
@PastCat
@PrimeNumbersCas
@Rhabdo
@SocialBookworm
@taat60
@Valyrie
@Wintercreek
@Witchfire
@WyldDandelyon
@Zygon

There was some discussion occurring on the discord chat about a cohesive background lore. It's a really cool idea that they came up with (you can find it below). However, I don't want anyone to feel like they have to write for a specific lore, so I was thinking that we can have a few different cohesive lore ideas to pull from. You can collaborate with others using the same background lore as yourself, or you can just write your own lore that has nothing to do with any of the other lore. What do you guys think? Please vote here.

• One cohesive background story where all the dragons have the same basic lore structure and are built upon from there. (i.e. the dragons are identified by a certain trait and are called upon by their deities to spread a "teaching" during NotN.)
  • Several cohesive background lore ideas to choose from where your lore will come from one of these options.
  • One background story in which you can choose to participate or not.
  • Several stories that you can choose to participate in or not.

sorry for the second ping!!

Quote:
Witchfire - 24.01.2017
KatzPetz suggested on the forum that we could organize the lore to fit under a theme
I thought it'd be a great idea to have some sorta united bckgrnd lore that he writers could build upon

Turstrigo - 24.01.2017
Also, subspecies lore could be included.

Turstrigo - 24.01.2017
A big pilgrimage to spread the word of their deities.

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
Seeing how these dragons are going to be Raffled to go to their new home during NotN, maybe there's a calling during the time, where the God's choose dragons that are deemed worthy, to be the NotN Flight Reps, the "raffle" to us could be called the "calling" or something.. destiny.. um.. IDK.. but perhaps the dragons started this during the time of great chaos as a kind of peace treaty between all the flights in Sornieth..

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
I think they should have a higher calling since NotN is the only festival not flight related

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
I know there's a special dragon language, I've not gotten into it, but I've seen it a few times.. Do you know what I'm meaning? I was going to ask if others use it or not

PrimeNumbersCas - 25.01.2017
we could do like one phrase per dragon

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
Yeah like the phrase used for the calling?

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
That's why I like the idea of a single phrase.. perhaps it's something that all the dragons "know"..
like you know how people are born with certain "marks"? that meant they're someone special back in ancient history.. i don't think it's used much nowadays, maybe in other cultures, not in the US so much
only a seer would be able to identify them or it was a prophecy

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
perhaps there's a prophecy that says that specific dragons will be born during the flight's months that are endowed with specific genes that "mark" them
yes!

Turstrigo - 25.01.2017
Their parents could've consulted a seer, to interpret them.

Breshcandra - 25.01.2017
It could have something to do with the way the egg looked in the nest.

Turstrigo - 25.01.2017
Maybe a small flaw on their eggs?

Turstrigo - 25.01.2017
That could carry meaning, kinda like divining from coffee grounds

Witchfire - 25.01.2017
or maybe the marks are normally invisible and only show during a certain moonphase or smtn?

---

Socialbookworm - 25.01.2017
True :D So, so far we've got a group that was chosen by the deities, shown by a mark (either on them or their eggs) that travels during NotN to a clan to spread teachings of peace?

Breshcandra - 25.01.2017
Maybe some clans think the marks are evil and will leave the hatchlings out to die. While there are other clans that almost worship these hatchlings. Either way the hatchlings get tired of it and start travelling around meeting each other.
@Allunar
@arrowe3
@BadgerStripes
@basicblack1986
@beargirl1393
@BlackSherruk
@Breshcandra
@Chrisondra
@Crescentstar711
@Emordnilap
@Fizzywits
@heartcrusher1
@humanityxpeople
@Jirazeil
@KaiMalut
@KatzPetz
@korradorable
@kriskrossness
@Krycelli
@MagpieScholar
@Melodious
@Pard
@PastCat
@PrimeNumbersCas
@Rhabdo
@SocialBookworm
@taat60
@Valyrie
@Wintercreek
@Witchfire
@WyldDandelyon
@Zygon

There was some discussion occurring on the discord chat about a cohesive background lore. It's a really cool idea that they came up with (you can find it below). However, I don't want anyone to feel like they have to write for a specific lore, so I was thinking that we can have a few different cohesive lore ideas to pull from. You can collaborate with others using the same background lore as yourself, or you can just write your own lore that has nothing to do with any of the other lore. What do you guys think? Please vote here.

• One cohesive background story where all the dragons have the same basic lore structure and are built upon from there. (i.e. the dragons are identified by a certain trait and are called upon by their deities to spread a "teaching" during NotN.)
  • Several cohesive background lore ideas to choose from where your lore will come from one of these options.
  • One background story in which you can choose to participate or not.
  • Several stories that you can choose to participate in or not.

sorry for the second ping!!

Quote:
Witchfire - 24.01.2017
KatzPetz suggested on the forum that we could organize the lore to fit under a theme
I thought it'd be a great idea to have some sorta united bckgrnd lore that he writers could build upon

Turstrigo - 24.01.2017
Also, subspecies lore could be included.

Turstrigo - 24.01.2017
A big pilgrimage to spread the word of their deities.

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
Seeing how these dragons are going to be Raffled to go to their new home during NotN, maybe there's a calling during the time, where the God's choose dragons that are deemed worthy, to be the NotN Flight Reps, the "raffle" to us could be called the "calling" or something.. destiny.. um.. IDK.. but perhaps the dragons started this during the time of great chaos as a kind of peace treaty between all the flights in Sornieth..

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
I think they should have a higher calling since NotN is the only festival not flight related

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
I know there's a special dragon language, I've not gotten into it, but I've seen it a few times.. Do you know what I'm meaning? I was going to ask if others use it or not

PrimeNumbersCas - 25.01.2017
we could do like one phrase per dragon

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
Yeah like the phrase used for the calling?

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
That's why I like the idea of a single phrase.. perhaps it's something that all the dragons "know"..
like you know how people are born with certain "marks"? that meant they're someone special back in ancient history.. i don't think it's used much nowadays, maybe in other cultures, not in the US so much
only a seer would be able to identify them or it was a prophecy

KatzPetz - 25.01.2017
perhaps there's a prophecy that says that specific dragons will be born during the flight's months that are endowed with specific genes that "mark" them
yes!

Turstrigo - 25.01.2017
Their parents could've consulted a seer, to interpret them.

Breshcandra - 25.01.2017
It could have something to do with the way the egg looked in the nest.

Turstrigo - 25.01.2017
Maybe a small flaw on their eggs?

Turstrigo - 25.01.2017
That could carry meaning, kinda like divining from coffee grounds

Witchfire - 25.01.2017
or maybe the marks are normally invisible and only show during a certain moonphase or smtn?

---

Socialbookworm - 25.01.2017
True :D So, so far we've got a group that was chosen by the deities, shown by a mark (either on them or their eggs) that travels during NotN to a clan to spread teachings of peace?

Breshcandra - 25.01.2017
Maybe some clans think the marks are evil and will leave the hatchlings out to die. While there are other clans that almost worship these hatchlings. Either way the hatchlings get tired of it and start travelling around meeting each other.
g7wLQz3.gifjhqsk9S.png
Just jumping on this idea and tying it back into the advent calendar (since that is what they're being raffled for), it could be that these dragons are "advents" for their new clans. They knew one day they would be called to a new clan, for x or y reason or another, but knew that they would bring a great coming with them. This could tie into their deity's pilgrimage or allow a looser interpretation for those wanting more freedom, such as bringing certain knowledge or skills with them. It could be taken from one extreme of a dragon thinking they're completely self-important to the other of a dragon totally self-sacrificing on this mission of theirs. I think it gives for a lot of room to work under.
Just jumping on this idea and tying it back into the advent calendar (since that is what they're being raffled for), it could be that these dragons are "advents" for their new clans. They knew one day they would be called to a new clan, for x or y reason or another, but knew that they would bring a great coming with them. This could tie into their deity's pilgrimage or allow a looser interpretation for those wanting more freedom, such as bringing certain knowledge or skills with them. It could be taken from one extreme of a dragon thinking they're completely self-important to the other of a dragon totally self-sacrificing on this mission of theirs. I think it gives for a lot of room to work under.
zqpG63L.png image0.png
I like this idea, but I wouldn't want to stifle anyone's creativity. If there were specific guidelines drawn up that people could use, I think it would provide a great jumping-off point. Just not so specific that people can't put their own spin on it/feel like they "have" to give the dragon a particular personality. If the dragon is "called," are they allowed to refuse to answer? Are they allowed to come on this mission of peace, and instead sow destruction?
I like this idea, but I wouldn't want to stifle anyone's creativity. If there were specific guidelines drawn up that people could use, I think it would provide a great jumping-off point. Just not so specific that people can't put their own spin on it/feel like they "have" to give the dragon a particular personality. If the dragon is "called," are they allowed to refuse to answer? Are they allowed to come on this mission of peace, and instead sow destruction?
Yeeaah, I like Krycelli's input! I also like the idea that the eggs are marked, and that the different clans react differently to the marks (revere them, are afraid of them, shun them, are just wary or don't think much about them or whatever). That could really tie into the dragons personality and experiences. :)

And I thinnk each individual dragon even should react to the Calling differently, so refusing it could be an option as well... Although they'd still be raffled off, so maybe their refusal just wouldn't pan out the way the thougt. xD
Yeeaah, I like Krycelli's input! I also like the idea that the eggs are marked, and that the different clans react differently to the marks (revere them, are afraid of them, shun them, are just wary or don't think much about them or whatever). That could really tie into the dragons personality and experiences. :)

And I thinnk each individual dragon even should react to the Calling differently, so refusing it could be an option as well... Although they'd still be raffled off, so maybe their refusal just wouldn't pan out the way the thougt. xD
Pard

I would say yes. Makes the lore more interesting.
Pard

I would say yes. Makes the lore more interesting.
4sMOFQ8.pnghVHlIic.png
@Wintercreek

Ayo! My top choices would be: #7, #12, #16, and #27. :3 (Though I also noticed the genes/breed for #27 might change? If they do, I'd rather wait until they're decided upon before working on any lore for her.)

And I like the idea of them having a calling! I personally would be fine using it, though I don't think it should be required; others might not want to work with pre-made lore backgrounds, or want to completely make their own.
@Wintercreek

Ayo! My top choices would be: #7, #12, #16, and #27. :3 (Though I also noticed the genes/breed for #27 might change? If they do, I'd rather wait until they're decided upon before working on any lore for her.)

And I like the idea of them having a calling! I personally would be fine using it, though I don't think it should be required; others might not want to work with pre-made lore backgrounds, or want to completely make their own.
pVhWnFy.png
I need to find the discord, someone hook a dragon up?

Rather than a mark on the egg, which in the wrong clan may get the egg ejected. How about a pattern in the shell upon hatching that marked that dragon as destined to serve their deity away from their birth clan?

I mean specifically in the way the shell fragments lie.
I need to find the discord, someone hook a dragon up?

Rather than a mark on the egg, which in the wrong clan may get the egg ejected. How about a pattern in the shell upon hatching that marked that dragon as destined to serve their deity away from their birth clan?

I mean specifically in the way the shell fragments lie.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59