Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore HUB (SS2017 Advent Calendar)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59
@Wintercreek
#22 and #20 appeal to me (in that order).
@Wintercreek
#22 and #20 appeal to me (in that order).
CC16.gif pastcat.png
@Wintercreek
Dragons, in order of appeal: #16, #22, #27
@Wintercreek
Dragons, in order of appeal: #16, #22, #27
@Wintercreek #7 and #22 catch my eye!

@Rhabdo Ooh! Oomancy! I had an anthropology professor who was super into that.

We could also say there's some kind of mark/irregularity on the inside of the shell -- which would preserve them until hatching at least -- and then there are some possibilities for whether you figure the hatchling could see the mark. Also much fun with whether the dragon and/or its parents are necessarily aware of the mark, depending on how an individual clan behaves around hatchings.
@Wintercreek #7 and #22 catch my eye!

@Rhabdo Ooh! Oomancy! I had an anthropology professor who was super into that.

We could also say there's some kind of mark/irregularity on the inside of the shell -- which would preserve them until hatching at least -- and then there are some possibilities for whether you figure the hatchling could see the mark. Also much fun with whether the dragon and/or its parents are necessarily aware of the mark, depending on how an individual clan behaves around hatchings.
d68awk1.pnggnImhnO.pngHNETOrN.png
@Wintercreek - I really like the calling/pilgrimage and mark thing, but I think it should be optional. Don't want to limit creativity here! :) Can't wait to start writing, so much inspiration!

And I noticed that @/Pard said that #27 might have a breed/gene change. If there is a breed change, my lore idea for #27 will have to be scrapped, so I wouldn't be doing #27. Unless #27 stays the same, I'd prefer not to write for her. Crossing fingers for no changes~!
@Wintercreek - I really like the calling/pilgrimage and mark thing, but I think it should be optional. Don't want to limit creativity here! :) Can't wait to start writing, so much inspiration!

And I noticed that @/Pard said that #27 might have a breed/gene change. If there is a breed change, my lore idea for #27 will have to be scrapped, so I wouldn't be doing #27. Unless #27 stays the same, I'd prefer not to write for her. Crossing fingers for no changes~!
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
@Wintercreek

Dragons that inspire me: #16, #12, #22
(In no particular order)

I like the idea of having several cohesive lore options to start from. After all, we want the dragons to be unique, so having many options will likely keep the dragons from being too similar.
@Wintercreek

Dragons that inspire me: #16, #12, #22
(In no particular order)

I like the idea of having several cohesive lore options to start from. After all, we want the dragons to be unique, so having many options will likely keep the dragons from being too similar.
@Wintercreek
@MagpieScholar

kriski says to not do any breed change or genes we would never get the points for the change.
@Wintercreek
@MagpieScholar

kriski says to not do any breed change or genes we would never get the points for the change.
4sMOFQ8.pnghVHlIic.png
@heartcrusher1 @arrowe3 @Pard @Emordnilap @Wintercreek
@MagpieScholar @Breshcandra

First, sorry about the long ping list, pinged those who mentioned doing lore for 27 and the ones who seemed in charge. I apologize for any mis-pings, my head's floaty...like a balloon. A nice hunter green balloon with silver stars...Right, moving on!

Hey there! Regarding 27, I will not make any changes unless the lore writer asks for them, such as they did an Indian based lore and the site releases a henna based tert gene for treasure or brewing.

Seriously, right now I am not planning on changes, simply because votes were cast for the reps based on how the dragons are now and it seems unfair to those who participated to change things after the fact. (At the time I added that to the descriptions I didn't know there would be a vote on which rep to choose, I forgot to remove it after due to being sick)

Also....I absolutely will not be offended if poetry or anything else vanishes from dragon bios. I was just amusing myself when I wrote it. I also left the dragon unnamed, and if the lore writer wishes, they can name her, or the winner can when they receive her.

I might sit this round out and try for a dragon next round as I busted my wrist up this morning and still don't know if it's broken or just painful
@heartcrusher1 @arrowe3 @Pard @Emordnilap @Wintercreek
@MagpieScholar @Breshcandra

First, sorry about the long ping list, pinged those who mentioned doing lore for 27 and the ones who seemed in charge. I apologize for any mis-pings, my head's floaty...like a balloon. A nice hunter green balloon with silver stars...Right, moving on!

Hey there! Regarding 27, I will not make any changes unless the lore writer asks for them, such as they did an Indian based lore and the site releases a henna based tert gene for treasure or brewing.

Seriously, right now I am not planning on changes, simply because votes were cast for the reps based on how the dragons are now and it seems unfair to those who participated to change things after the fact. (At the time I added that to the descriptions I didn't know there would be a vote on which rep to choose, I forgot to remove it after due to being sick)

Also....I absolutely will not be offended if poetry or anything else vanishes from dragon bios. I was just amusing myself when I wrote it. I also left the dragon unnamed, and if the lore writer wishes, they can name her, or the winner can when they receive her.

I might sit this round out and try for a dragon next round as I busted my wrist up this morning and still don't know if it's broken or just painful
@Wintercreek @badgerstripes

I'm sorry if I startled anything up! That totally makes sense. badgerstripes--I hope your wrist feels better soon.
@Wintercreek @badgerstripes

I'm sorry if I startled anything up! That totally makes sense. badgerstripes--I hope your wrist feels better soon.
@badgerstripes, thank you for clarifying your plans :D Oh man, I hope your wrist is ok and heals quickly and well <3

@Pard, no need to apologize! It was a good thing to get sorted out :)

I'm going to leave the survey up for one more day to give everyone a chance to weigh in. I'll summarize the votes, ideas, and opinions tomorrow so we can all take one more look at it before making a final decision. I'll have our final decision up before Friday evening so there isn't too much more delay in starting the Lore writing.

@badgerstripes, thank you for clarifying your plans :D Oh man, I hope your wrist is ok and heals quickly and well <3

@Pard, no need to apologize! It was a good thing to get sorted out :)

I'm going to leave the survey up for one more day to give everyone a chance to weigh in. I'll summarize the votes, ideas, and opinions tomorrow so we can all take one more look at it before making a final decision. I'll have our final decision up before Friday evening so there isn't too much more delay in starting the Lore writing.

g7wLQz3.gifjhqsk9S.png
@badgerstripes I am glad your balloon at least has lovely silver stars. I hope your wrist heals quickly!
@badgerstripes I am glad your balloon at least has lovely silver stars. I hope your wrist heals quickly!
d68awk1.pnggnImhnO.pngHNETOrN.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59