Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fae-tality [A coliseum lore nuzlocke]
1 2
The basics:
Your dragon, whatever breed they may be, has been abandoned or had to flee home. And now they're left to wander the world all on their own. But the world isn't the nicest place for a weak, young and abandoned hatchling or a cowardly adult looking to prove themselves. Either way, they're on their own and must fend for themselves that way.

The procedure:
For lore reasons, if you want to start win an unhatched egg and start with the hatchling being abandoned at birth and not knowing their parents, you totally can do this.

Step 1: Get a hatchling or an unlevelled dragon
Step 2: Remove all dragons from your current coli party, and put in the adult, named dragon in the first slot.
step 3: Go to the training fields and do exactly that: start leveling one dragon all alone by themselves

Rules:
-You can use only one dragon while doing the challenge at all times. (Breaks are allowed as long as the dragon gets EXP on their own
-At each level up you must stop and make a lore-based entry on how your dragon's 'day' (Each day/week/month/year being a level ) has gone. It can be one sentence like 'today went terribly' or a ten-paragraph about how the dragon finally triumphed over a yellow sparrowmouse. Completely up to you.

-You can only use a tincture twice to reset your stats. Otherwise, what you put in has to be what you fight with.

-(Extra challenge) You can't buy stones for your dragon outside of the starting stones and the stones that drop while they level.

-(Optional) Record your stats!

Questions asked:

No questions asked yet. Ask one below and I'll put it here. and if you ask "Can I try this" Yes, you can! It's a free-for-all to try nuzlocke! so jump in and cry in pain as you try to level up your single dragon.
The basics:
Your dragon, whatever breed they may be, has been abandoned or had to flee home. And now they're left to wander the world all on their own. But the world isn't the nicest place for a weak, young and abandoned hatchling or a cowardly adult looking to prove themselves. Either way, they're on their own and must fend for themselves that way.

The procedure:
For lore reasons, if you want to start win an unhatched egg and start with the hatchling being abandoned at birth and not knowing their parents, you totally can do this.

Step 1: Get a hatchling or an unlevelled dragon
Step 2: Remove all dragons from your current coli party, and put in the adult, named dragon in the first slot.
step 3: Go to the training fields and do exactly that: start leveling one dragon all alone by themselves

Rules:
-You can use only one dragon while doing the challenge at all times. (Breaks are allowed as long as the dragon gets EXP on their own
-At each level up you must stop and make a lore-based entry on how your dragon's 'day' (Each day/week/month/year being a level ) has gone. It can be one sentence like 'today went terribly' or a ten-paragraph about how the dragon finally triumphed over a yellow sparrowmouse. Completely up to you.

-You can only use a tincture twice to reset your stats. Otherwise, what you put in has to be what you fight with.

-(Extra challenge) You can't buy stones for your dragon outside of the starting stones and the stones that drop while they level.

-(Optional) Record your stats!

Questions asked:

No questions asked yet. Ask one below and I'll put it here. and if you ask "Can I try this" Yes, you can! It's a free-for-all to try nuzlocke! so jump in and cry in pain as you try to level up your single dragon.
My dragon of choice [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50738744] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/507388/50738744_350.png[/img] [/url]
My dragon of choice

50738744_350.png
@leafeaon

I know I'm like. Three or so years late and you probably forgot about this, but if you do ever chose to resume this, I'd be happy to watch and maybe join you in this!
@leafeaon

I know I'm like. Three or so years late and you probably forgot about this, but if you do ever chose to resume this, I'd be happy to watch and maybe join you in this!

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
@ZippoFeuer

Oh gosh! I entirely forgot about this. I hate my old writing for the original post but I still like the idea.
I might make an honest attempt for the first few levels and see how I feel about it after that.
@ZippoFeuer

Oh gosh! I entirely forgot about this. I hate my old writing for the original post but I still like the idea.
I might make an honest attempt for the first few levels and see how I feel about it after that.
OH?! I hadn't seen this version before! This seems like a fun idea actually I've never done a locke challenge before but this seems like a fun place to start, and some cool lore for a dragon to boot!

If you end up reworking this or adding more rules/challenges I'd love to know! I'm getting a few new g1s here soon so this would be a perfect opportunity
OH?! I hadn't seen this version before! This seems like a fun idea actually I've never done a locke challenge before but this seems like a fun place to start, and some cool lore for a dragon to boot!

If you end up reworking this or adding more rules/challenges I'd love to know! I'm getting a few new g1s here soon so this would be a perfect opportunity
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
This is actually a really cool idea :o I'm tempted to do something like this! I'm not a fan of gen1s but I suppose any hatchling could work.

Not stoning will get difficult though XD
This is actually a really cool idea :o I'm tempted to do something like this! I'm not a fan of gen1s but I suppose any hatchling could work.

Not stoning will get difficult though XD
grQU96J.png
Might do this with my birthday hatch if I remember, it seems a cool idea!
Might do this with my birthday hatch if I remember, it seems a cool idea!
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
I really enjoy the pun name of this lol, but I think I might pursue this!
I really enjoy the pun name of this lol, but I think I might pursue this!
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49509292] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/495093/49509292_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]Here's Dastan, the dragon I'm gonna use for this challenge! I've already gotten him to lvl 5 using the rules of the challenge, but I'll post the 'days' here as well as in his description! -----[b][Day 1][/b]----- Dastan had run away soon after hatching. Barely adult enough for others to take him seriously, he came to the conclusion many children do; that he would be perfectly alright on his own. It turns out that most non-dragon creatures are not nearly so friendly towards dragons as he was expecting. -----[b][Day 2][/b]----- The birds in the forest were cruel; swooping at him and trying to peck his eyes out. He made every effort to keep them off his back, claws and teeth and tail all at work to keep himself safe from their attacks. Still small enough, even as an imperial, to curl up and hide in the roots of trees, he shielded himself in that way; wings pulled up over him as a sort of shield. Delicate as the skin and feathers were, they still kept his face and neck safe from the claws of the birds. It was not long before the assault slowed, then stopped. He stayed in his fetal defense, shuddering when an insectoid chittering sounded behind him, accompanied by a clawed hand touching itself to his back. The chittering continued. He looked up, quietly, nervously. "What..?" A brown mith waved at him, a spear of wood in one hand and a bag of flowers around its body. With a little flutter, it left- leaving Dastan with no idea of what it had been doing here, or why it was uninterested in attacking him where every other creature had. The night passed uneventfully, despite the earlier daylight hours being less-than-easy. -----[b][Day 3][/b]----- Another day. He stood, testing the injuries of yesterday. While most had scabbed over and were barely worth making note of, his wings still felt the effects of the avian claws. He suspected that a fair number of the feathers had been removed from them; a fact which he was passingly aware would affect flying. The marks, where the scabs had fallen away, had shimmering golden colors in them as they mended. Miths, who seemed to have made a large city in the woods, flew at him each time he encroached; through a long process of getting more injuries than he could count, he made out the edges of the mith territory. The houses in the trees were similar in make to the few fae nests he'd seen in his home clan before having left. A brown mith waved at him from in the air, then tried to shoo him away. He lifted a paw, stepping back before another dart could find itself wedged into his scales. It nodded, fluttering down closer; accompanied by two others, blue and green. "Hi?" He started, flinching back as the two miths on the sides gestured in a manner threatening. The brown one looked at him, then made some comment he was not privy to with the others. They were unreadable like the Fae too, he noted. The mith fluttered up to him, blinked twice, then gestured for him to follow her. He followed. What else would he do? Try and pass through the Mith territory again, only to get fatally wounded? No. So there wasn't much to do but follow until night-fall, when he could no longer see the small creature. Since they were quiet even when they spoke, it vanished quickly- leaving him alone to the crawling beasts of the night. The nearest tree provided a degree of safety as he curled into its roots, shivering against the cool winds of the south. -----[b][Day 4][/b]----- The mith seemed to have vanished again. He wondered if it was just trying to lead him away from its territory. He wouldn't be too surprised, since all the creatures had been so intent on driving him away from there. Stretching, he stood up, padding away through the woods. Testing his wings, he pushed himself into the sky, straining against the weight of his body and pushing what little magic he had to create an updraft to ride. The warmer winds above pushed and pulled him along, allowed him to soar, but it took little time before he became too tired to continue, drifting back into the forest to walk. He was athletic, but lacked the interest to fly constantly. His clan- ex-clan, was built on the ground, in bamboo huts, so that getting around was easier by foot than by wing. Moth wings fluttered in the distance- the mith? Indeed. It waved, an action he'd come to associate with big, shining blue eyes and brown fur. With the innocent look of the meter-and-a-half tall creature. It chirped at him, a sound he'd never heard before from the species. He walked along with the mith, pausing only briefly as he found a stone the color and clarity of ice tucked under a layer of dirt and grass. He picked it up, but he had nothing he could use to hold it with, so it was set back down. He wiggled his claws. The stone was chilled beyond the usual cool stone temperature... Weird. -----[b][Day 5][/b]----- The brown mith, who had stopped its game of flying ever out of Dastan's reach, paused in its flight entirely, setting feet back to ground. Dastan was grateful for it, even if it had been squirrelly for the earlier days, and he couldn't say for certain that it was the same mith at all. He hadn't expected to become lonely while out here. The world was awful big, even for creatures that grew to the sizes that imperials did. It walked up to him now, reaching a hand out to pat his arm. "I wish I understood anything you said," he muttered as the mith began speaking again. It fluttered up, resting on his back, and made some other comment. A few bags woven out of vines, and a green stone with a degree of magic imbued in it, were found through the day; the mith had begun functioning as diplomat between Dastan and the other miths that were found in the area, preventing too much fighting from breaking out as it did so. At night, the mith dismounted, and pointed at Dastan with its spear of a twig. He stepped back, not knowing exactly what it meant by that. It started to write in the sand. Not in some language he couldn't make sense of, either- these were draconic runes! "You can write?" It nodded. "Why didn't you before?" It gestured to itself, then to Dastan- [i]if I wrote on paper, you would have been unable to read it.[/i] It took a while for it to write the whole thing, having to make each rune as wide as its own stance was, but eventually Dastan nodded. Made sense, he supposed. "But then, you can understand Draconic?" It nodded again. "Is this because of what I said earlier?" [i]Yep.[/i] "... Sorry I can't understand you." [i]Do you want to learn?[/i] He nodded, this time. It would be nice to carry out conversations with the mith, if he was able to. "But we should sleep now, right?" It shrugged, putting its spear away.
Here's Dastan, the dragon I'm gonna use for this challenge! I've already gotten him to lvl 5 using the rules of the challenge, but I'll post the 'days' here as well as in his description!

[Day 1]
Dastan had run away soon after hatching. Barely adult enough for others to take him seriously, he came to the conclusion many children do; that he would be perfectly alright on his own.
It turns out that most non-dragon creatures are not nearly so friendly towards dragons as he was expecting.
[Day 2]
The birds in the forest were cruel; swooping at him and trying to peck his eyes out. He made every effort to keep them off his back, claws and teeth and tail all at work to keep himself safe from their attacks.
Still small enough, even as an imperial, to curl up and hide in the roots of trees, he shielded himself in that way; wings pulled up over him as a sort of shield. Delicate as the skin and feathers were, they still kept his face and neck safe from the claws of the birds.

It was not long before the assault slowed, then stopped. He stayed in his fetal defense, shuddering when an insectoid chittering sounded behind him, accompanied by a clawed hand touching itself to his back.
The chittering continued. He looked up, quietly, nervously. "What..?"
A brown mith waved at him, a spear of wood in one hand and a bag of flowers around its body. With a little flutter, it left- leaving Dastan with no idea of what it had been doing here, or why it was uninterested in attacking him where every other creature had.

The night passed uneventfully, despite the earlier daylight hours being less-than-easy.
[Day 3]
Another day. He stood, testing the injuries of yesterday. While most had scabbed over and were barely worth making note of, his wings still felt the effects of the avian claws. He suspected that a fair number of the feathers had been removed from them; a fact which he was passingly aware would affect flying. The marks, where the scabs had fallen away, had shimmering golden colors in them as they mended.

Miths, who seemed to have made a large city in the woods, flew at him each time he encroached; through a long process of getting more injuries than he could count, he made out the edges of the mith territory. The houses in the trees were similar in make to the few fae nests he'd seen in his home clan before having left.

A brown mith waved at him from in the air, then tried to shoo him away. He lifted a paw, stepping back before another dart could find itself wedged into his scales. It nodded, fluttering down closer; accompanied by two others, blue and green.
"Hi?" He started, flinching back as the two miths on the sides gestured in a manner threatening. The brown one looked at him, then made some comment he was not privy to with the others.
They were unreadable like the Fae too, he noted.
The mith fluttered up to him, blinked twice, then gestured for him to follow her.
He followed. What else would he do? Try and pass through the Mith territory again, only to get fatally wounded? No.

So there wasn't much to do but follow until night-fall, when he could no longer see the small creature. Since they were quiet even when they spoke, it vanished quickly- leaving him alone to the crawling beasts of the night.
The nearest tree provided a degree of safety as he curled into its roots, shivering against the cool winds of the south.
[Day 4]
The mith seemed to have vanished again.
He wondered if it was just trying to lead him away from its territory. He wouldn't be too surprised, since all the creatures had been so intent on driving him away from there.
Stretching, he stood up, padding away through the woods. Testing his wings, he pushed himself into the sky, straining against the weight of his body and pushing what little magic he had to create an updraft to ride.

The warmer winds above pushed and pulled him along, allowed him to soar, but it took little time before he became too tired to continue, drifting back into the forest to walk. He was athletic, but lacked the interest to fly constantly. His clan- ex-clan, was built on the ground, in bamboo huts, so that getting around was easier by foot than by wing.

Moth wings fluttered in the distance- the mith? Indeed. It waved, an action he'd come to associate with big, shining blue eyes and brown fur. With the innocent look of the meter-and-a-half tall creature.
It chirped at him, a sound he'd never heard before from the species.

He walked along with the mith, pausing only briefly as he found a stone the color and clarity of ice tucked under a layer of dirt and grass. He picked it up, but he had nothing he could use to hold it with, so it was set back down. He wiggled his claws. The stone was chilled beyond the usual cool stone temperature... Weird.
[Day 5]
The brown mith, who had stopped its game of flying ever out of Dastan's reach, paused in its flight entirely, setting feet back to ground.
Dastan was grateful for it, even if it had been squirrelly for the earlier days, and he couldn't say for certain that it was the same mith at all. He hadn't expected to become lonely while out here. The world was awful big, even for creatures that grew to the sizes that imperials did.
It walked up to him now, reaching a hand out to pat his arm.
"I wish I understood anything you said," he muttered as the mith began speaking again. It fluttered up, resting on his back, and made some other comment.

A few bags woven out of vines, and a green stone with a degree of magic imbued in it, were found through the day; the mith had begun functioning as diplomat between Dastan and the other miths that were found in the area, preventing too much fighting from breaking out as it did so.

At night, the mith dismounted, and pointed at Dastan with its spear of a twig. He stepped back, not knowing exactly what it meant by that.
It started to write in the sand. Not in some language he couldn't make sense of, either- these were draconic runes!

"You can write?"
It nodded.
"Why didn't you before?"
It gestured to itself, then to Dastan- if I wrote on paper, you would have been unable to read it. It took a while for it to write the whole thing, having to make each rune as wide as its own stance was, but eventually Dastan nodded.
Made sense, he supposed. "But then, you can understand Draconic?"
It nodded again.
"Is this because of what I said earlier?"
Yep.
"... Sorry I can't understand you."
Do you want to learn?
He nodded, this time. It would be nice to carry out conversations with the mith, if he was able to. "But we should sleep now, right?"
It shrugged, putting its spear away.

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
I have. A problem. Here's Ceri, a ranger who got real good at archery after being out in the wild most of his life. He has no interest in dragons' company, but that might be subject to change over time :3c ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50574427] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/505745/50574427_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] ----- ----- [b][Day 1][/b] ----- Another day. Ceri washed in the nearby stream, ate breakfast, took on all the actions that a hermit might, while living in the wild. Hunted, to some extent; not that he had need of meat himself, but the other breeds would buy from him, and that was the important part. He needed the treasure he earned to pay for other services, the ones he couldn't specialize in himself. It was a normal life- at least. It had been. He returned to his home to find it burnt to the ground. None of his possessions, his coin, any of what wealth he had amassed remained. Twenty arrows to his name, he left the place he had once called home. Perhaps he would return, but for now, he had to leave. Where he landed was unimportant. -----[b][Day 2][/b]----- From Arcane to Nature, and now he was back in his birth land. He found himself wishing he hadn't gone quite so far from where he'd made his home. He had no intention of finding his parents in this place, if they were still alive. He was expected to serve under the Arcanist, like his siblings. Given his father had been almost servant to the Lightweaver, he had expected that his unwillingness would be understood. Well. He knew where they had lived, and he knew where he wouldn't find them. He landed in the starwood strands, tail flicking side-to-side as he found a tree under which to build a small tent. He started chopping off large bundles of branches, which would become the supports. Vines to tie it together. There was still time to find bamboo, to fly down to the wind territory. That became the roof; the leaves woven together atop the structure, built like shingles, provided adequate cover in case of rain. He needed to find candles, eventually.
I have. A problem. Here's Ceri, a ranger who got real good at archery after being out in the wild most of his life. He has no interest in dragons' company, but that might be subject to change over time :3c

[Day 1]
Another day.
Ceri washed in the nearby stream, ate breakfast, took on all the actions that a hermit might, while living in the wild. Hunted, to some extent; not that he had need of meat himself, but the other breeds would buy from him, and that was the important part.
He needed the treasure he earned to pay for other services, the ones he couldn't specialize in himself.

It was a normal life- at least. It had been. He returned to his home to find it burnt to the ground. None of his possessions, his coin, any of what wealth he had amassed remained.
Twenty arrows to his name, he left the place he had once called home. Perhaps he would return, but for now, he had to leave.

Where he landed was unimportant.
[Day 2]
From Arcane to Nature, and now he was back in his birth land. He found himself wishing he hadn't gone quite so far from where he'd made his home.

He had no intention of finding his parents in this place, if they were still alive. He was expected to serve under the Arcanist, like his siblings. Given his father had been almost servant to the Lightweaver, he had expected that his unwillingness would be understood.

Well. He knew where they had lived, and he knew where he wouldn't find them. He landed in the starwood strands, tail flicking side-to-side as he found a tree under which to build a small tent.
He started chopping off large bundles of branches, which would become the supports. Vines to tie it together. There was still time to find bamboo, to fly down to the wind territory. That became the roof; the leaves woven together atop the structure, built like shingles, provided adequate cover in case of rain.

He needed to find candles, eventually.

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
1 2