Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon movement headcanons!
1 2 3 4
I've been doing some animating in my spare time to get ready for a project and so far all it's been is dragons. 8') For those that don't follow me on tumblr, here you go! (ALSO if this needs to be moved to another part of the forums, let me know!;;; ) [b]Guardian[/b] [img]https://49.media.tumblr.com/52defd335c87b6f9a47b3260b0647717/tumblr_o1un9ozWCC1r3ryh0o1_1280.gif[/img] I referenced a cat running for this one, since they're so big and bulky but seem to have some flexibility to them, I see them moving as big cats! [b]Tundra[/b] [img]http://45.media.tumblr.com/5b540a96b0dee21b454b2badb04b900b/tumblr_o1onbveZUA1r3ryh0o1_1280.gif[/img] They look like they'd move like horses for some reason. [b]Skydancer[/b] [img]http://45.media.tumblr.com/af5d8ceb9cb36fe7a6cc604b5418e56a/tumblr_o1vs4ukO8Q1r3ryh0o2_1280.gif[/img] I see them moving like deer! Or maybe like Maned wolves. Those are cool too. (I should probably make the head bigger on this one though hm...) [b]Mirror[/b] [img]http://45.media.tumblr.com/f76930259151dca50756df2c5c46f532/tumblr_o1vy7qvKg91r3ryh0o4_1280.gif[/img] [img]http://45.media.tumblr.com/6154ce0f301ca90e07ab213714ecf26a/tumblr_o1vy7qvKg91r3ryh0o3_1280.gif[/img] Cheetahs, obviously! Wasn't sure if they would have their heads lowered or not, so I did both lmao. Do you guys have any walking /running headcanons for other breeds?
I've been doing some animating in my spare time to get ready for a project and so far all it's been is dragons. 8')
For those that don't follow me on tumblr, here you go!

(ALSO if this needs to be moved to another part of the forums, let me know!;;; )

Guardian
tumblr_o1un9ozWCC1r3ryh0o1_1280.gif
I referenced a cat running for this one, since they're so big and bulky but seem to have some flexibility to them, I see them moving as big cats!

Tundra
tumblr_o1onbveZUA1r3ryh0o1_1280.gif
They look like they'd move like horses for some reason.

Skydancer
tumblr_o1vs4ukO8Q1r3ryh0o2_1280.gif
I see them moving like deer! Or maybe like Maned wolves. Those are cool too. (I should probably make the head bigger on this one though hm...)

Mirror
tumblr_o1vy7qvKg91r3ryh0o4_1280.gif
tumblr_o1vy7qvKg91r3ryh0o3_1280.gif
Cheetahs, obviously! Wasn't sure if they would have their heads lowered or not, so I did both lmao.

Do you guys have any walking /running headcanons for other breeds?
cabd39d9bf.gif
@threefeline
I could also imagine a skydancer running like a cheetah because of the their legs. What about the bipedal dragons?
@threefeline
I could also imagine a skydancer running like a cheetah because of the their legs. What about the bipedal dragons?
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
@ThreeFeline
These are amazing, oh gosh. I am loving that Guardian.

Now, you know we're all waiting for it. At least, I am!
Coatls and Spirals. :3
@ThreeFeline
These are amazing, oh gosh. I am loving that Guardian.

Now, you know we're all waiting for it. At least, I am!
Coatls and Spirals. :3
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
@CrimsonAero
This is true! I just don't feel like they're as flexible as cheetahs, for some reason... Hm.. (though deer are pretty flexible anyway xD;;)
HMMM. I feel like Wildclaws definitely run like ostritches or chickens. xD Head bobbing and everything!

@CometStorm
Thank you! ;o; It was a lot of fun to do ehheeh

There are so many ways coatls could run omg. Crocodiles, ferrets, bearded dragons... (seriously, have you seen a bearded dragon run on two legs?? It's hilarious.) For some reason I see spirals hopping around like ferrets, too... That or temporarily running on two legs if for some reason they can't fly.
@CrimsonAero
This is true! I just don't feel like they're as flexible as cheetahs, for some reason... Hm.. (though deer are pretty flexible anyway xD;;)
HMMM. I feel like Wildclaws definitely run like ostritches or chickens. xD Head bobbing and everything!

@CometStorm
Thank you! ;o; It was a lot of fun to do ehheeh

There are so many ways coatls could run omg. Crocodiles, ferrets, bearded dragons... (seriously, have you seen a bearded dragon run on two legs?? It's hilarious.) For some reason I see spirals hopping around like ferrets, too... That or temporarily running on two legs if for some reason they can't fly.
cabd39d9bf.gif
@ThreeFeline

PFFFT the bearded dragon run. I can't. x'D That, with their frills standing on end, would be amazing for their "EXCUSE ME I need to evacuate the situation" run. And Spirals.. hmm, I can't imagine running on all fours with that long of a body. Honestly I keep thinking inchworm, but that's not for running xD

Your sig is the best thing
@ThreeFeline

PFFFT the bearded dragon run. I can't. x'D That, with their frills standing on end, would be amazing for their "EXCUSE ME I need to evacuate the situation" run. And Spirals.. hmm, I can't imagine running on all fours with that long of a body. Honestly I keep thinking inchworm, but that's not for running xD

Your sig is the best thing
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
@Threefeline
Honestly I get a velociraptor vibe when I think of wildclaw. Original right? But you know that scene in jurassic Park how they're running with their arms out and heads down to about clavicle height?
I feel like pearls would canter, like a horse, but with one foot off the ground.
And spirals would leap everywhere, like rabbits. But not gentle hopping/creeping like faes, frenzied zigzags.
@Threefeline
Honestly I get a velociraptor vibe when I think of wildclaw. Original right? But you know that scene in jurassic Park how they're running with their arms out and heads down to about clavicle height?
I feel like pearls would canter, like a horse, but with one foot off the ground.
And spirals would leap everywhere, like rabbits. But not gentle hopping/creeping like faes, frenzied zigzags.
chlZfGD.png
@CometStorm

YEP xD Just "NNNOPE NOPE NOPE GOODBYE"

Maybe like... a really curled up waddle? Or like an arched back, hind legged walk with occasional help from the front legs?
@CometStorm

YEP xD Just "NNNOPE NOPE NOPE GOODBYE"

Maybe like... a really curled up waddle? Or like an arched back, hind legged walk with occasional help from the front legs?
cabd39d9bf.gif
@threefeline

They look awesome to me
@threefeline

They look awesome to me
m2YbpzO.png tumblr_inline_o0idl15pQv1qg2i5p_540.png
These are amazing.
These are amazing.
tumblr_inline_nq0r6s19iA1syr94a_500.png
this is so awesome. Thank you!
this is so awesome. Thank you!
1 2 3 4