Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Stupid Mistakes I Made...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Exalting that one dragon. I so cri
uCR5SCW.png
The worst part about my "newbie mistake" is that I never learn from it. I always tell myself when each festival rolls around that I need to stock up on as many items as possible, because if I wait a year or two after that, they'll probably be worth a lot. Well, when the festivals actually come, I'm too lazy. I usually grind/spend enough to get what I want for my own collection, but nothing left to sell. ;(

I guess I deserve to be chronically poor.

Ironically, I made this mistake less when I was new: I had the sense to grab an extra sprite and a few extra apparel items from several fests in 2013/2014. The only time I see decent money is when I sell one of these items. XD
The worst part about my "newbie mistake" is that I never learn from it. I always tell myself when each festival rolls around that I need to stock up on as many items as possible, because if I wait a year or two after that, they'll probably be worth a lot. Well, when the festivals actually come, I'm too lazy. I usually grind/spend enough to get what I want for my own collection, but nothing left to sell. ;(

Ironically, I made this mistake less when I was new: I had the sense to grab an extra sprite and a few extra apparel items from several fests in 2013/2014. The only time I see decent money is when I sell one of these items. XD
PPlYEpQ.png
[quote name="FloatingInSpace" date=2015-12-19 06:45:05] Exalting that one dragon. I so cri[/quote] @FloatingInSpace :( Question: Can you re-create that special dragon? Example: Someone sold me a breeding pair, and I had room for one dragon at the time, so I asked them to hold the male while I did a lair expansion. One day tops. They forgot and exalted him. I was devastated. They were sorry, but there was nothing that could be done. I went on the AH and found a dragon with colours close enough to the first that I could gene him to match the other one almost exactly. Not the newest genes either, so I was able to afford the dragon and the genes (I'm not rich by any means, lol). I'm still a bit sad over that one dragon, because my new dragon doesn't have the breeding history with the female, but they are a match and at least I have that. Just a thought...
FloatingInSpace wrote on 2015-12-19:
@FloatingInSpace

:(

Question: Can you re-create that special dragon?

Example: Someone sold me a breeding pair, and I had room for one dragon at the time, so I asked them to hold the male while I did a lair expansion. One day tops. They forgot and exalted him.

I was devastated.

They were sorry, but there was nothing that could be done.

I went on the AH and found a dragon with colours close enough to the first that I could gene him to match the other one almost exactly.

Not the newest genes either, so I was able to afford the dragon and the genes (I'm not rich by any means, lol).

I'm still a bit sad over that one dragon, because my new dragon doesn't have the breeding history with the female, but they are a match and at least I have that.

Just a thought...
[quote name="Sonatine" date=2015-12-19 07:20:26] The worst part about my "newbie mistake" is that I never learn from it. I always tell myself when each festival rolls around that I need to stock up on as many items as possible, because if I wait a year or two after that, they'll probably be worth a lot. Well, when the festivals actually come, I'm too lazy. I usually grind/spend enough to get what I want for my own collection, but nothing left to sell. ;( @Sonatine I guess I deserve to be chronically poor.[/quote] I do the same thing :/
Sonatine wrote on 2015-12-19:

@Sonatine

I do the same thing :/
Opening my Gilded chests. Seriously, they sell for >70G on AH. *thinks about the gems I could have made*
Opening my Gilded chests. Seriously, they sell for >70G on AH. *thinks about the gems I could have made*
[quote name="Dunmer" date=2015-12-19 16:58:17] Opening my Gilded chests. Seriously, they sell for >70G on AH. *thinks about the gems I could have made*[/quote] @Dunmer Oooo, that's a good one I never thought of! ^-^
Dunmer wrote on 2015-12-19:
@Dunmer
Oooo, that's a good one I never thought of! ^-^
My biggest mistake was definitely selling my skycat :,C
-sips tea-
[quote name="LuseyMoth" date=2015-12-19 20:12:50] My biggest mistake was definitely selling my skycat :,C[/quote] @LuseyMoth I.Can't.Even. :(
LuseyMoth wrote on 2015-12-19:
@LuseyMoth
I.Can't.Even. :(
bump
bump
I exalted my random progen, I joined the site and then conveniently forgot about it all the way until after all the sprite festivals and along with that I traded off a splash/obs/obs G1 for an imp that wasn't even G2 (':
I exalted my random progen, I joined the site and then conveniently forgot about it all the way until after all the sprite festivals and along with that I traded off a splash/obs/obs G1 for an imp that wasn't even G2 (':
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10