Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 588 589 590 591 592 ... 753 754
have you ever had an idea that you really wanted to implement but just couldn't? If so what was it?
have you ever had an idea that you really wanted to implement but just couldn't? If so what was it?
iO2X60T.png
Will you ever have an icon put on, or section in the inventory made for items that are used in Swipp Swap recipes? It's really hard to find Swipp ingredients sometimes, and having items be coded to be sectioned off or have them have an icon on them would be great... same for Baldwin items that aren't just components ....

I know that's a lot of work, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
Will you ever have an icon put on, or section in the inventory made for items that are used in Swipp Swap recipes? It's really hard to find Swipp ingredients sometimes, and having items be coded to be sectioned off or have them have an icon on them would be great... same for Baldwin items that aren't just components ....

I know that's a lot of work, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
Is FR currently looking at, or talking about looking at, other ways to take payment for gem purchases outside of Paypal?
Is FR currently looking at, or talking about looking at, other ways to take payment for gem purchases outside of Paypal?
I buy Exalt fodder! | I lend out Nature Nests!
lZEZOSe.png Tn4TEAZ.png
are there ever going to be generic dog/cat familiars, a bit like the cat apparel?

are there ever going to be generic dog/cat familiars, a bit like the cat apparel?

On hiatus, again--might come on here to see how things are doing but that's all.
What do dieties do with exalted hatchlings? Do the sprites take care of them? Is it a diety daycare until they grow?
What do dieties do with exalted hatchlings? Do the sprites take care of them? Is it a diety daycare until they grow?
tumblr_odrv7zakOd1v1li10o1_400.png Doing Art for Apparel. See examples on my dragons!
How often will registration be open from here on out?
How often will registration be open from here on out?
ystbqm3.png
How long can fae necks get?

What if two Guardians have the same charge?
How long can fae necks get?

What if two Guardians have the same charge?
NBeoOgB.png
[quote]What was the reason behind raising the number of dragons shown on each lair page?[/quote] A few reasons. Initially the 15 dragons per page was a limitation of how much data we wanted to fetch and display on each page, back in the days when [i]Flight Rising[/i] was programmed much less efficiently. We now have the capability to handle many many dragons per page if needed. We've received a great deal of feedback over the years about the need for more dragons per page so there are less pages to go through when looking for a dragon. The even number allows players to display complete breeding pairs if they want to. [br][br][quote]Do you have any advice for players with poor internet connections? Say, satellite or DSL. Speaking from satellite experience, most treasure-making options are completely untenable, and one needs to make adjustments even for the games that work decently (Shock Switch, Jigsaw, Coliseum if you don't mind it taking a while between choosing an action and it actually firing off). (As an example, I have satellite, and ping is usually >750 milliseconds under even the best of conditions -- making games with timers nearly impossible! X3; I'd imagine people playing on their phones and such have similar problems.)[/quote] While our engineers are constantly at work on optimization solutions to help smooth out the experience for our players, we're unfortunately not going to be able to check every box for every network or device setup. We keep tabs on the reports we get through our bug report forum to find out where the most obvious pain points are, and try to tackle those in order of spread and severity. [br][br][quote]I must admit that I have been deeply impressed with the size of Flight Rising's bestiary, and find it quite pleasurable to look through and collect for. I am curious, however, as to what generally dictates the species that get put into user bestiaries? Where do most of them come from, and how do you come up with them so fast? I know some of them, such as Serthis, Baku, Nekomatas, Centaurs, and many others aren't new ideas, but how to you come up with the more original creatures?[/quote] Sometimes it can be as simple and fun as combining one, two, or three creatures from real life and seeing what ideas come from that. Inspiration from real life animals can create some exciting and convincing designs! Other times an idea might come wholecloth from one of our artists, or they'll share a rough concept with the team to get ideas and feedback. [br][br][quote]How big can a PearlCatcher's pearl become? Could it be possible for them to have a pearl that is too heavy to move?[/quote] The inital bulk of the pearl itself is comprised mostly of the matter that made up the egg the dragon was hatched from. Beyond that, growing a pearl is a very slow process, and though a pearlcather would never admit it, pearls do have very minute wear and tear from being carried around all of the time. These factors balance and result in pearls being proportional to the dragon and correlate fairly directly with how they're depicted in the breed's artwork. [br][br][quote]Very super serious question here. Do Coatls have eyelids? I was drawing a Coatl GIF with it's eyes blinking and tongue flicking in and out, but then when I was showing a friend, and explaining what it was, she replied that snakes don't have eyelids, and seeing as how Coatls seem to be modeled after snakes, do they have eyelids? I am really curious about this.[/quote] While snakes do not have eyelids, coatl do! [br][br][quote]I know this won't happen, but in theory, what would Baldwin return if someone where to transmute a dragon?[/quote] Hey now, we all know Baldwin is a little eccentric, but he's not going to ignore or allow someone to melt a dragon down in his cauldron! [br][br][quote]Are there any plans for a gender change scroll? I feel like that would be very useful for breeding projects![/quote] We don't have any plans to release an item like this right now. We feel would take the 'project' out of "breeding project", and would make narrowing down ranges much much easier for someone who purchases the scroll. [br][br][quote]Will the updated AH warn us when we've clicked the wrong currency option on an item? I just sold a Gilded Chest for what I thought was 37 gems, and instead got 36 treasure...[/quote] We anticipated mis-postings when we first created the Auction House. To help prevent that, we wrote in an alert for a player to double check what they are posting on the Auction House before it lists. Before an item is put on the Auction House, there is a pop up screen. This screen asks the player to confirm they wish to sell the item for both the type of currency selected and total amount of the selected currency. We added an image (gems or treasure) in the confirmation screen to further reduce human error. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to program in what might be a "wrong" choice, because what a player chooses to list an item for is entirely up to them.
Quote:
What was the reason behind raising the number of dragons shown on each lair page?

A few reasons. Initially the 15 dragons per page was a limitation of how much data we wanted to fetch and display on each page, back in the days when Flight Rising was programmed much less efficiently. We now have the capability to handle many many dragons per page if needed. We've received a great deal of feedback over the years about the need for more dragons per page so there are less pages to go through when looking for a dragon. The even number allows players to display complete breeding pairs if they want to.

Quote:
Do you have any advice for players with poor internet connections? Say, satellite or DSL. Speaking from satellite experience, most treasure-making options are completely untenable, and one needs to make adjustments even for the games that work decently (Shock Switch, Jigsaw, Coliseum if you don't mind it taking a while between choosing an action and it actually firing off).

(As an example, I have satellite, and ping is usually >750 milliseconds under even the best of conditions -- making games with timers nearly impossible! X3; I'd imagine people playing on their phones and such have similar problems.)

While our engineers are constantly at work on optimization solutions to help smooth out the experience for our players, we're unfortunately not going to be able to check every box for every network or device setup. We keep tabs on the reports we get through our bug report forum to find out where the most obvious pain points are, and try to tackle those in order of spread and severity.

Quote:
I must admit that I have been deeply impressed with the size of Flight Rising's bestiary, and find it quite pleasurable to look through and collect for. I am curious, however, as to what generally dictates the species that get put into user bestiaries? Where do most of them come from, and how do you come up with them so fast? I know some of them, such as Serthis, Baku, Nekomatas, Centaurs, and many others aren't new ideas, but how to you come up with the more original creatures?

Sometimes it can be as simple and fun as combining one, two, or three creatures from real life and seeing what ideas come from that. Inspiration from real life animals can create some exciting and convincing designs! Other times an idea might come wholecloth from one of our artists, or they'll share a rough concept with the team to get ideas and feedback.

Quote:
How big can a PearlCatcher's pearl become? Could it be possible for them to have a pearl that is too heavy to move?

The inital bulk of the pearl itself is comprised mostly of the matter that made up the egg the dragon was hatched from. Beyond that, growing a pearl is a very slow process, and though a pearlcather would never admit it, pearls do have very minute wear and tear from being carried around all of the time. These factors balance and result in pearls being proportional to the dragon and correlate fairly directly with how they're depicted in the breed's artwork.

Quote:
Very super serious question here.

Do Coatls have eyelids? I was drawing a Coatl GIF with it's eyes blinking and tongue flicking in and out, but then when I was showing a friend, and explaining what it was, she replied that snakes don't have eyelids, and seeing as how Coatls seem to be modeled after snakes, do they have eyelids?

I am really curious about this.

While snakes do not have eyelids, coatl do!

Quote:
I know this won't happen, but in theory, what would Baldwin return if someone where to transmute a dragon?

Hey now, we all know Baldwin is a little eccentric, but he's not going to ignore or allow someone to melt a dragon down in his cauldron!

Quote:
Are there any plans for a gender change scroll? I feel like that would be very useful for breeding projects!

We don't have any plans to release an item like this right now. We feel would take the 'project' out of "breeding project", and would make narrowing down ranges much much easier for someone who purchases the scroll.

Quote:
Will the updated AH warn us when we've clicked the wrong currency option on an item? I just sold a Gilded Chest for what I thought was 37 gems, and instead got 36 treasure...

We anticipated mis-postings when we first created the Auction House. To help prevent that, we wrote in an alert for a player to double check what they are posting on the Auction House before it lists.

Before an item is put on the Auction House, there is a pop up screen. This screen asks the player to confirm they wish to sell the item for both the type of currency selected and total amount of the selected currency. We added an image (gems or treasure) in the confirmation screen to further reduce human error.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to program in what might be a "wrong" choice, because what a player chooses to list an item for is entirely up to them.
What happens to the exalted hatchlings? Do the sprites take care of them until they're grown? Is there a deity daycare service. Please. Enlighten me.
What happens to the exalted hatchlings? Do the sprites take care of them until they're grown? Is there a deity daycare service. Please. Enlighten me.
tumblr_odrv7zakOd1v1li10o1_400.png Doing Art for Apparel. See examples on my dragons!
What happened to Baldwin's nose? In lore, most male Pearlcatchers have two horns on their snootle, not one. Either that, or did one of his horns simply... fall off?
What happened to Baldwin's nose? In lore, most male Pearlcatchers have two horns on their snootle, not one. Either that, or did one of his horns simply... fall off?
BcRJQQl.png
1 2 ... 588 589 590 591 592 ... 753 754