Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 336 337 338 339 340 ... 753 754
At what point do dragons reach adulthood lorewise/When do dragons cease to consider adolescents adolescent and start considering them adults?
At what point do dragons reach adulthood lorewise/When do dragons cease to consider adolescents adolescent and start considering them adults?
Can the Plaguebringer fly? What about the Earthshaker?
Can the Plaguebringer fly? What about the Earthshaker?
~celestial bodies don't care if you screw up~
Will there ever be more Flights? How about breeds?
Will there ever be more Flights? How about breeds?
x0dMTPw.png
Are any members of the staff considering making some more classic boardgame style Fairgrounds minigames? Like Chess and Checkers, except you could do Light vs Shadow and Nature vs Plague for the pieces, since none of these have themed games yet.
There could be a sort of tournament system to win a bit of extra treasure, maybe even flight-specific ones! And it would allow players to play together, interaction that's been limited to the forums.
Although, there's always the worry of bots...
Are any members of the staff considering making some more classic boardgame style Fairgrounds minigames? Like Chess and Checkers, except you could do Light vs Shadow and Nature vs Plague for the pieces, since none of these have themed games yet.
There could be a sort of tournament system to win a bit of extra treasure, maybe even flight-specific ones! And it would allow players to play together, interaction that's been limited to the forums.
Although, there's always the worry of bots...
gB4rD1d.png oILtto8.pngWDTocfa.png
Can we get an ETA on the color wheel expansion?
Can we get an ETA on the color wheel expansion?
nI6LYia.png Lore Shop
Coliseum Shop
I've been wondering this for a while; are Mirror horns more flexible like cartilage, or rigid like elk antlers?
I've been wondering this for a while; are Mirror horns more flexible like cartilage, or rigid like elk antlers?
dd4c357c-68d4-4116-bccc-e1c20c55aa3c.png
What exactly happens when a Familiar is transmuted in Baldwin's cauldron? Is the entire Familiar dumped in there, or is only a small part of the Familiar (i.e A bit of fur, blood) put into the cauldron?
What exactly happens when a Familiar is transmuted in Baldwin's cauldron? Is the entire Familiar dumped in there, or is only a small part of the Familiar (i.e A bit of fur, blood) put into the cauldron?
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
Other than imperials, what are the average life expectancies of the other dragon species?
Other than imperials, what are the average life expectancies of the other dragon species?

+2 FR time (Central)
Does breeding begin cooldown period the day the dragons are put on the nest or the day the nest is hatched?
Does breeding begin cooldown period the day the dragons are put on the nest or the day the nest is hatched?
Crow JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
160P7Fb.png
kCHWEjf.png
[b]We've noticed an increase in questions requesting ETAs. We understand (and share!) your excitement about upcoming content/features but we do not provide ETAs. Questions that are, at their heart, actually suggestions are also questions we do not respond to. If you'd like to make a suggestion about site content or features you'd like to see, please feel free to post it in our Suggestions Forum.[/b] [br][br][quote]Does the flight that you're in affect what you find in the gathering areas? Or is it all equal payout?[/quote] Players do not get a boon to gathering in the elemental region that their lair is located. All gathering attempts made by players of the same level in the same region are on equal footing. [br][br][quote]Do hatchlings count towards dominance if they are exalted - or is it only adults which are counted for this?[/quote] If a dragon is exalted it counts towards Dominance regardless of age. The only difference between hatchlings and adult dragons is that an adult dragon can be leveled. Leveled dragons count for more than unleveled dragons. [br][br][quote]What's the most popular tourist attraction in Sorneith? My dragons need a vacation.[/quote] Taking a ride on a balloon through the Twisting Crescendo is always a thrill for non-Wind dragons! [br][br][quote]Some breeds in the encyclopedia are stated to be more associated with a certain color (e.g. healthy coatls are reddish and are portrayed as reddish in their entry). Are spirals really most commonly purple and lore or is it random? And are ridgebacks really most commonly green in lore? And how do these features work with respect to their environments?[/quote] Breeds are not typically associated with a particular color, though some clans may be. [br][br]Coatls can be any color, but bright, vibrant colors are considered more healthy and desirable than duller colors. [br][br][quote]So why do certain colors appear as different shades on different breeds? For example, Aqua on a guardian is a vibrant, electric blue, like really bright. However the same color on a Skydancer is more dusty and faded. I noticed this when I breed changed my dragon. The hex codes are even different! What causes this?[/quote] The artwork for our dragons was originally colored by hand. This opened up the possibility of art errors from breed to breed due to mis-sampling and human error. Up until August 2015, we were still doing colors by hand. We now have a tool that will automatically color the new genes for the dragons. This new code is what will allow us to expand our [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1528779]color wheel from 67 to 177 colors[/url] in the future! When the new colors go live, we'll also be implementing the corrected colors on all of the genes with errors in them.
We've noticed an increase in questions requesting ETAs. We understand (and share!) your excitement about upcoming content/features but we do not provide ETAs. Questions that are, at their heart, actually suggestions are also questions we do not respond to. If you'd like to make a suggestion about site content or features you'd like to see, please feel free to post it in our Suggestions Forum.

Quote:
Does the flight that you're in affect what you find in the gathering areas? Or is it all equal payout?

Players do not get a boon to gathering in the elemental region that their lair is located. All gathering attempts made by players of the same level in the same region are on equal footing.

Quote:
Do hatchlings count towards dominance if they are exalted - or is it only adults which are counted for this?

If a dragon is exalted it counts towards Dominance regardless of age. The only difference between hatchlings and adult dragons is that an adult dragon can be leveled. Leveled dragons count for more than unleveled dragons.

Quote:
What's the most popular tourist attraction in Sorneith? My dragons need a vacation.

Taking a ride on a balloon through the Twisting Crescendo is always a thrill for non-Wind dragons!

Quote:
Some breeds in the encyclopedia are stated to be more associated with a certain color (e.g. healthy coatls are reddish and are portrayed as reddish in their entry). Are spirals really most commonly purple and lore or is it random? And are ridgebacks really most commonly green in lore? And how do these features work with respect to their environments?

Breeds are not typically associated with a particular color, though some clans may be.

Coatls can be any color, but bright, vibrant colors are considered more healthy and desirable than duller colors.

Quote:
So why do certain colors appear as different shades on different breeds? For example, Aqua on a guardian is a vibrant, electric blue, like really bright. However the same color on a Skydancer is more dusty and faded. I noticed this when I breed changed my dragon. The hex codes are even different! What causes this?

The artwork for our dragons was originally colored by hand. This opened up the possibility of art errors from breed to breed due to mis-sampling and human error. Up until August 2015, we were still doing colors by hand. We now have a tool that will automatically color the new genes for the dragons. This new code is what will allow us to expand our color wheel from 67 to 177 colors in the future! When the new colors go live, we'll also be implementing the corrected colors on all of the genes with errors in them.
1 2 ... 336 337 338 339 340 ... 753 754