Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 753 754
Will there be more flight specific threads implemented? Such as 'Dominance Related' or 'Game Related', etc? During big Dom pushes, the general discussion for the flights gets really cluttered and then you lose certain important threads or important conversations.
Will there be more flight specific threads implemented? Such as 'Dominance Related' or 'Game Related', etc? During big Dom pushes, the general discussion for the flights gets really cluttered and then you lose certain important threads or important conversations.
tumblr_inline_oiamx6wpfn1r3h1o8_540.png
Is exalting a leveled dragon versus a hatchling a huge difference towards the tally or barely a difference? Or is answering this question not an option?
Is exalting a leveled dragon versus a hatchling a huge difference towards the tally or barely a difference? Or is answering this question not an option?
2gEMC44.pngWe Will Consume All2gEMC44.png
jRvmJhO.png
@lilihierax There's links to the pages with batches in the second post of the thread.

Will there ever be another coloring contest?

Will items that are Swipp exclusives ever be retired or are they there to stay?
@lilihierax There's links to the pages with batches in the second post of the thread.

Will items that are Swipp exclusives ever be retired or are they there to stay?
Is there an ETA on any new features like... Balwin's Pot thing or Adventure mode, or anything else? New Items/Skins/Breeds etc. are great and all, and I realize that you guys are knee deep in optimization, but I'm itching for something else to do besides the fairgrounds and coliseum.
Is there an ETA on any new features like... Balwin's Pot thing or Adventure mode, or anything else? New Items/Skins/Breeds etc. are great and all, and I realize that you guys are knee deep in optimization, but I'm itching for something else to do besides the fairgrounds and coliseum.
There are a whole bunch of Nocturne errors (which I'm sure you're aware of) which are still wrong nearly two months after the breed's release.

Additionally, the fur apparel was released more than twelve months ago and they are still off by a pixel or two.

Many people have reported these errors and those like them in the appropriate forum and the problem still hasn't been addressed.

Is there any sort of ETA on when they might be fixed?
There are a whole bunch of Nocturne errors (which I'm sure you're aware of) which are still wrong nearly two months after the breed's release.

Additionally, the fur apparel was released more than twelve months ago and they are still off by a pixel or two.

Many people have reported these errors and those like them in the appropriate forum and the problem still hasn't been addressed.

Is there any sort of ETA on when they might be fixed?
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Is there any chance of a dragon breed suggested in the suggestions forum to be implemented, ever?
This is a yes or no question, please include a ping when you answer.
I would like to know.
Thank you, and have a good day.
Is there any chance of a dragon breed suggested in the suggestions forum to be implemented, ever?
This is a yes or no question, please include a ping when you answer.
I would like to know.
Thank you, and have a good day.
66MHIIb.png
Sorry if this has been asked before, but:

Is the magic in the environment finite or infinite? I know dragons' internal stores can be expended, but could a colony of fae (who have small internal stores) wipe out the environmental magic in an area through excessive magic use?
Sorry if this has been asked before, but:

Is the magic in the environment finite or infinite? I know dragons' internal stores can be expended, but could a colony of fae (who have small internal stores) wipe out the environmental magic in an area through excessive magic use?
"I truly am a thing! Them be bushes, those are also things. I'm currently standing on the ground which, believe it or not, is also a thing. And behind me is the sky...oh yeah, that's a thing, too!" -Raocow
[quote]Is there a chance for more art-revamps, or was backlash against armor revamp too big?[/quote] Our art team is committed to ensuring that the quality of [i]Flight Rising[/i]'s various visual elements remains as consistent as possible. In the case of the armor update: it was one of the very first apparel sets to be created, back when the site was just about to launch and needed its initial push of "vanilla" content, and the art team decided that it didn't meet the quality standards the site currently adheres to. There are no planned revamps at this time. [br][br] [quote]Adjacent question - will there be more recolors of existing sets of apparel?[/quote] It's possible! [br][br] [quote]Sacrifice, on its own*, is not offensive, correct? *Obviously spite exalting is spite exalting and bad and all of that. Obviously, history comes into account. I'm just checking that the name on its own is not inherently offensive or banned.[/quote] To answer in a word: no. "Sacrifice" itself is not inherently against our [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=51][b]naming policy[/b][/url]. As we've said in several responses and within the policy itself, we will always investigate/consider all naming reports to look for inherent rule-breaking and context before taking action. [br][br] [quote]Any plans on updating the credits page?[/quote] Yes, the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=credits][b]credits page[/b][/url] is due for an update. [br][br] [quote]Are the developers aware of the current dodge and critical hit rates and how they seem to have greatly increased since NOTN?[/quote] There have been no changes made to dodge and critical hit rates; there is just more discussion about them lately. This could be due to the fact that the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=coliseum][b]Coliseum[/b][/url] is running in a much more stable manner than before and [i]Flight Rising[/i] having a larger population who uses it. We are, however, reading the discussions and considering the constructive feedback we receive for possible stat adjustments going forward. [br][br] [quote]Are any of the new genes (from Crystal on) ever going to get achievements for breeding hatchlings with them like the older ones do?[/quote] We do plan on adding additional achievements to [i]Flight Rising[/i] that pertain to newer genes. Right now, the achievements system is receiving the same optimization treatment as other sections of the site, so we are holding off on implementing them until that has been addressed. [br][br] [quote]2. Is it possible for us to submit ideas for the "major story/plot" for the staff to consider?[/quote] It is unlikely---mostly for legal reasons---that player-suggested plot submissions will be implemented. Please do not send them to us - we are unable to read them! [br][br] [quote]Is exalting a leveled dragon versus a hatchling a huge difference towards the tally or barely a difference? Or is answering this question not an option?[/quote] Leveled dragons are weighed more heavily in dominance calculations than dragons at level 1. [br][br] [quote]Will there ever be another coloring contest?[/quote] We love contests! It wouldn't surprise me that we run something like it in the future. [br][br] [quote]Is the magic in the environment finite or infinite? I know dragons' internal stores can be expended, but could a colony of fae (who have small internal stores) wipe out the environmental magic in an area through excessive magic use?[/quote] A little of both. It's something that can naturally replenish if given time and the right conditions. However, it can be destroyed as well. The majority of magic that dragon's use is drawn from their environment, and released back into it without being destroyed or created. Part of the reason why the Shade incursion was taken seriously by the gods was that the Shade consume and destroy magic at a faster rate than it can be replenished.
Quote:
Is there a chance for more art-revamps, or was backlash against armor revamp too big?

Our art team is committed to ensuring that the quality of Flight Rising's various visual elements remains as consistent as possible. In the case of the armor update: it was one of the very first apparel sets to be created, back when the site was just about to launch and needed its initial push of "vanilla" content, and the art team decided that it didn't meet the quality standards the site currently adheres to. There are no planned revamps at this time.

Quote:
Adjacent question - will there be more recolors of existing sets of apparel?

It's possible!

Quote:
Sacrifice, on its own*, is not offensive, correct?

*Obviously spite exalting is spite exalting and bad and all of that. Obviously, history comes into account. I'm just checking that the name on its own is not inherently offensive or banned.

To answer in a word: no. "Sacrifice" itself is not inherently against our naming policy. As we've said in several responses and within the policy itself, we will always investigate/consider all naming reports to look for inherent rule-breaking and context before taking action.

Quote:
Any plans on updating the credits page?

Yes, the credits page is due for an update.

Quote:
Are the developers aware of the current dodge and critical hit rates and how they seem to have greatly increased since NOTN?

There have been no changes made to dodge and critical hit rates; there is just more discussion about them lately. This could be due to the fact that the Coliseum is running in a much more stable manner than before and Flight Rising having a larger population who uses it. We are, however, reading the discussions and considering the constructive feedback we receive for possible stat adjustments going forward.

Quote:
Are any of the new genes (from Crystal on) ever going to get achievements for breeding hatchlings with them like the older ones do?

We do plan on adding additional achievements to Flight Rising that pertain to newer genes. Right now, the achievements system is receiving the same optimization treatment as other sections of the site, so we are holding off on implementing them until that has been addressed.

Quote:
2. Is it possible for us to submit ideas for the "major story/plot" for the staff to consider?

It is unlikely---mostly for legal reasons---that player-suggested plot submissions will be implemented. Please do not send them to us - we are unable to read them!

Quote:

Leveled dragons are weighed more heavily in dominance calculations than dragons at level 1.

Quote:

We love contests! It wouldn't surprise me that we run something like it in the future.

Quote:

A little of both. It's something that can naturally replenish if given time and the right conditions. However, it can be destroyed as well. The majority of magic that dragon's use is drawn from their environment, and released back into it without being destroyed or created.

Part of the reason why the Shade incursion was taken seriously by the gods was that the Shade consume and destroy magic at a faster rate than it can be replenished.
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2015-02-20 11:16:14"] [quote]2. Is it possible for us to submit ideas for the "major story/plot" for the staff to consider?[/quote] It is unlikely---mostly for legal reasons---that player-suggested plot submissions will be implemented. Please do not send them to us - we are unable to read them! [/quote] Soooooooo does that hold true to all the "New dragon breed!" suggestions in the suggestion forum as well?
Aequorin wrote on 2015-02-20 11:16:14:
Quote:
2. Is it possible for us to submit ideas for the "major story/plot" for the staff to consider?

It is unlikely---mostly for legal reasons---that player-suggested plot submissions will be implemented. Please do not send them to us - we are unable to read them!

Soooooooo does that hold true to all the "New dragon breed!" suggestions in the suggestion forum as well?
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
[quote=Aequorin][quote]2. Is it possible for us to submit ideas for the "major story/plot" for the staff to consider?[/quote] It is unlikely---mostly for legal reasons---that player-suggested plot submissions will be implemented. Please do not send them to us - we are unable to read them![/quote] Does that also hold true for kickstarter-sponsored breeds i.e. Skydancers? Is that why there hasn't been any lore released for them yet? Also, while I--and a good chunk of the userbase I'm sure--are highly appreciative of new content from the art team (apparel/item drops/familiars/etc.), is there any part of the art team working on currently-existing apparel errors? There's still many errors on nocturnes of both sexes as well as misalignments on many of the older breeds, and it's been frustrating some users to say the least, especially when they've been reported in the apparel error thread multiple times. Will these be rectified soon?
Aequorin wrote:
Quote:

Does that also hold true for kickstarter-sponsored breeds i.e. Skydancers? Is that why there hasn't been any lore released for them yet?

Also, while I--and a good chunk of the userbase I'm sure--are highly appreciative of new content from the art team (apparel/item drops/familiars/etc.), is there any part of the art team working on currently-existing apparel errors? There's still many errors on nocturnes of both sexes as well as misalignments on many of the older breeds, and it's been frustrating some users to say the least, especially when they've been reported in the apparel error thread multiple times. Will these be rectified soon?
ck7gGet.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 753 754