Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | High School Deities
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 64 65
[size=3][b][u]Let's talk [i]ice cream![/i][/u][/b][/size] @sugarfrost @Ayreria [b]Windsinger[/b] likes most ice cream flavors, but toffee is a straight out no-no. [quote=Ayreria]why is toffee a flavor who thought toffee was a good idea[/quote] He's also one of those people whose ice cream is covered in so much syrup and sprinkles and other toppings. What was the original flavor? Who the heck knows. [b]Tidelord[/b] prefers popsicles. Orange flavored. Now I'm imagining him eating it. Oh no. Oh no oh no oh nonononono [i]no no no SEND HELP[/i] [b]Earthshaker[/b] is a sweetheart who likes birthday cake flavored ice cream. It's nice and mild and reminds him of his birthday... that he recently didn't get to celebrate... I'll shut up now. [b]Flamecaller[/b] likes cookies and cream, but it melts so quickly. The poor girl. [b]Stormatcher[/b] has a liking for [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BreadEggsBreadedEggs]vanilla, mint, and vanilla-mint[/url]. The freshness helps keep him up and running. It's the same effect chewing gum has on people. [b]Icewarden[/b] wants all the ice cream. [i]All of them[/i]. In whole buckets. He scoops it out with a huge spoon and eats it while huddled away in his room. What a hoarder. [b]Lightweaver[/b] likes the tangy flavor of strawberry. Even better if it has actual strawberry bits in it. She sometimes [i]complains[/i] if it doesn't. Her sister has come to remember this and makes sure her future boyfriend-husband remembers it too. Speaking of [b]Shadowbinder[/b], she prefers chocolate. Smooth and sexy. [size=2]That didn't violate the forum rules, did it. Is 'sexy' too explicit a word to use here. Help me I'm paranoid.[/size] [b]Gladekeeper[/b]'s diet is strictly vegan, so she doesn't eat ice cream. But it doesn't stop her from accompanying her friends when they do, or buying it for them. Now that she's discovered vegan ice cream, however, she's starting to look into all sorts of fruity, vegetable-y flavors. (Thanks to @PhoenixWarlord for telling me about those!) [b]Plaguebringer[/b] has a thing for rocky road, covered liberally in nuts. Anything sweet does the trick for [b]Arcanist[/b], but he likes cookie dough in particular.
Let's talk ice cream!
@sugarfrost @Ayreria

Windsinger likes most ice cream flavors, but toffee is a straight out no-no.
Ayreria wrote:
why is toffee a flavor
who thought toffee was a good idea
He's also one of those people whose ice cream is covered in so much syrup and sprinkles and other toppings. What was the original flavor? Who the heck knows.

Tidelord prefers popsicles. Orange flavored. Now I'm imagining him eating it. Oh no. Oh no oh no oh nonononono no no no SEND HELP

Earthshaker is a sweetheart who likes birthday cake flavored ice cream. It's nice and mild and reminds him of his birthday... that he recently didn't get to celebrate... I'll shut up now.

Flamecaller likes cookies and cream, but it melts so quickly. The poor girl.

Stormatcher has a liking for vanilla, mint, and vanilla-mint. The freshness helps keep him up and running. It's the same effect chewing gum has on people.

Icewarden wants all the ice cream. All of them. In whole buckets. He scoops it out with a huge spoon and eats it while huddled away in his room. What a hoarder.

Lightweaver likes the tangy flavor of strawberry. Even better if it has actual strawberry bits in it. She sometimes complains if it doesn't. Her sister has come to remember this and makes sure her future boyfriend-husband remembers it too.

Speaking of Shadowbinder, she prefers chocolate. Smooth and sexy. That didn't violate the forum rules, did it. Is 'sexy' too explicit a word to use here. Help me I'm paranoid.

Gladekeeper's diet is strictly vegan, so she doesn't eat ice cream. But it doesn't stop her from accompanying her friends when they do, or buying it for them. Now that she's discovered vegan ice cream, however, she's starting to look into all sorts of fruity, vegetable-y flavors. (Thanks to @PhoenixWarlord for telling me about those!)

Plaguebringer has a thing for rocky road, covered liberally in nuts.

Anything sweet does the trick for Arcanist, but he likes cookie dough in particular.
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
I'm crying bc of Earthshaker @Steex y u do dis

These are so cute though!! Maybe cakes should be next?
I'm crying bc of Earthshaker @Steex y u do dis

These are so cute though!! Maybe cakes should be next?
tumblr_inline_nfx5micmyj1r6zydg.png
@sugarfrost
You can blame Ayreria for that. They helped.
And yes! What do you have in mind? What kinds of cakes do you think they like?
@sugarfrost
You can blame Ayreria for that. They helped.
And yes! What do you have in mind? What kinds of cakes do you think they like?
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@Steex
I see Glitter into super fluffy, light stuff, like Chiffon with whipped cream, while Shady likes heavier, more decadent cake, like Devil's Food. Icewarden is into heavily frosted and super sweet things, especially ice cream cake. That's about all I've come up with, at the moment.
@Steex
I see Glitter into super fluffy, light stuff, like Chiffon with whipped cream, while Shady likes heavier, more decadent cake, like Devil's Food. Icewarden is into heavily frosted and super sweet things, especially ice cream cake. That's about all I've come up with, at the moment.
tumblr_inline_nfx5micmyj1r6zydg.png
@sugarfrost @Steex @Ayreria
I TAKE TWO WEEKS OFF AND MADNESS HAPPENS
That being said, there are some awesome vegan ice creams out there. One I like especially is green tea vegan ice cream. Do you think Gladey would like that?

Edit: In addition, reading back over their coping mechanisms, this scene plays out in my head.
Spacedad: Yay! I have yummy cookies and cream ice cream! This rocks.
Mather: I hear you have ice cream. Can I have some?
Spacedad: Ummm, no? I bought it...
Mather: YOU HAVE ICE CREAM. I WANT YOUR ICE CREAM. GIVE ME YOUR ICE CREAM NOW.
Spacedad: wHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I HAVE NO ICE CREAM PLEASE DON'T HURT ME I DON'T HAVE ANY ICE CREAM
@sugarfrost @Steex @Ayreria
I TAKE TWO WEEKS OFF AND MADNESS HAPPENS
That being said, there are some awesome vegan ice creams out there. One I like especially is green tea vegan ice cream. Do you think Gladey would like that?

Edit: In addition, reading back over their coping mechanisms, this scene plays out in my head.
Spacedad: Yay! I have yummy cookies and cream ice cream! This rocks.
Mather: I hear you have ice cream. Can I have some?
Spacedad: Ummm, no? I bought it...
Mather: YOU HAVE ICE CREAM. I WANT YOUR ICE CREAM. GIVE ME YOUR ICE CREAM NOW.
Spacedad: wHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I HAVE NO ICE CREAM PLEASE DON'T HURT ME I DON'T HAVE ANY ICE CREAM
x0CMhAc.png pYAz4OB.png keychainsmallpurple_by_general_ebonrose-d9vbgfs.png zyvrj7C.png
@sugarfrost
Arcanist probably likes fruit cake. Mather seems to be one for melt-in-the-mouth lava cake, or maybe caramel glazed stuff. Plague seems to like nuts a lot so she'd go for one of those nut-covered fresh cream cakes. Mmm cashew.

@PhoenixWarlord
Absolutely! Ice cream is wonderful, and Gladey should not be exempted from the wonders of it just because she's vegan. Praise whoever made vegan ice cream.

Also that dialogue is perf you have no idea
@sugarfrost
Arcanist probably likes fruit cake. Mather seems to be one for melt-in-the-mouth lava cake, or maybe caramel glazed stuff. Plague seems to like nuts a lot so she'd go for one of those nut-covered fresh cream cakes. Mmm cashew.

@PhoenixWarlord
Absolutely! Ice cream is wonderful, and Gladey should not be exempted from the wonders of it just because she's vegan. Praise whoever made vegan ice cream.

Also that dialogue is perf you have no idea
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@sugarfrost @PhoenixWarlord
Alright so this isn't something you'd usually include in headcanons but:

How the deities would react to seeing an animal being run over on the street
Quoted almost word-for-word from my Skype conversation with @Ayreria. Take the internet away from us.

Plaguebringer would just go "oh ok" and walk on like nothing had happened.

Shadowbinder would promptly make a bad joke about it... and get disapproving glares from the ones upset by what they just saw.

Icewarden would internally cry. Outwardly he just grunts. Gotta keep up the image.

Windsinger and Flamecaller would be like "holy [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] a dead animal!"... and then just walk away. Jerks.

Stormcatcher would try poking it with a stick because SCIENCE.

Earthshaker and Lightweaver would be extremely upset (the latter being more squeamish than the former)... and glare at Shady who had the gall to joke around about it.

Arcanist would just go ?????? what just happened ???? I don't ???????? but he wouldn't be upset because despite how he looks, he's not squeamish.

Gladekeeper would cuss away very loudly at the car who did the job. Not exactly helping, but that car better watch out. Tomorrow there are vines holding back the brake system whoops

Meanwhile Tidelord is the one who actually moves the corpse off the road. Good job Tidey.
Alright so this isn't something you'd usually include in headcanons but:

How the deities would react to seeing an animal being run over on the street
Quoted almost word-for-word from my Skype conversation with @Ayreria. Take the internet away from us.

Plaguebringer would just go "oh ok" and walk on like nothing had happened.

Shadowbinder would promptly make a bad joke about it... and get disapproving glares from the ones upset by what they just saw.

Icewarden would internally cry. Outwardly he just grunts. Gotta keep up the image.

Windsinger and Flamecaller would be like "holy [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] a dead animal!"... and then just walk away. Jerks.

Stormcatcher would try poking it with a stick because SCIENCE.

Earthshaker and Lightweaver would be extremely upset (the latter being more squeamish than the former)... and glare at Shady who had the gall to joke around about it.

Arcanist would just go ?????? what just happened ???? I don't ???????? but he wouldn't be upset because despite how he looks, he's not squeamish.

Gladekeeper would cuss away very loudly at the car who did the job. Not exactly helping, but that car better watch out. Tomorrow there are vines holding back the brake system whoops

Meanwhile Tidelord is the one who actually moves the corpse off the road. Good job Tidey.
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
Because today is the day in which me and @Ayreria pump out endless headcanons.

Eating/Sleeping/Exercising Habits... not necessarily in that order

Windsinger's only rule with food is that as long as it tastes as good as it looks, he's all for it. He wakes up whenever he pleases (usually late), but his curfew never exceeds 10 PM. His parents used to put him to sleep at that time when he was still a little kid, and he's held that rule to the heart since forever. The closest thing to 'exercise' he ever does is running around the Focal Point flying kites.

Tidelord likes getting up early; mornings have a nice calming effect on him. He has a rather irregular eating schedule and does not eat breakfast, but his lunch tends to be very filling. Exercise consists of whatever the school swim team has in mind for the week as well as his daily trips to the ocean. Sleeps whenever he gets too tired, which can differ depending on how many visions he gets during the day.

Earthshaker cooks his own meals and makes sure the menu is a good mixture of healthy and hearty. He's neutral to waking up early or late (he'd rather settle for a nice in-between), and goes to sleep whenever Tidepotato does. Does light exercises by himself, sometimes with Gladekeeper when she asks, usually in the afternoon.

Flamecaller wakes up early, but it makes her a complete grump. It's a lesser evil to wasting all that time you could've used during the day, however, so she bears with it. Her meals are more often hearty than healthy, but she works out super hard so it all gets burned away in the end. Goes to sleep after making sure her ma and grandma does.

Stormcatcher watches his health. He has to watch his health, since he can literally drop dead any second his heart decides to be an inconsistent jerk. He calculates how much calories are in his food and keeps track of how much he burns when he does his daily work out. His routine would've been perfect if he's not so prone to pulling all-nighters in the lab.

Icewarden is building discipline (a requirement if you're thinking of serving in the police force) so he wakes up and goes to bed on a set time. Sometimes he'd slip, but then Tundra wakes him up and they'd be right back on schedule. Tries to eat healthfully, but fails when sweets are thrown into the loop. Sometimes his dad manages to convince him to do 10-minute workouts, but he has to be bribed with--you guessed it--more sweets.

Lightweaver is the morningest of birds, waking up and going to bed with the sun. She doesn't regulate what she eats, but she knows what's good or bad and never has too much anyway. Exercise? Who needs that when you've got brains?

Shadowbinder, in stark contrast to her little sister, is the nightest of owls. Given the chance, she'd rather be nocturnal. Like Glitters, she doesn't watch what she eats, but doesn't eat a lot. Does not exercise regularly, but stays fit just in case she needs it when dealing in the Forums.

Gladekeeper (surprisingly enough) doesn't need to eat much, though her curves may tell you otherwise. She's vegan, so she's bound to be pretty healthy nutrient-wise. Exercise is something she does irregularly, like going on a jog with her boyfriend whenever they feel like it. She is a morning person who finds the sun refreshing. Only sleeps late when she has something important to do.

Plaguebringer is everything her stepsister isn't. She eats like a monster (which baffles health officials to no end--she's so damn skinny!), takes in all sorts of junk food and hates mornings with a passion. But she makes a conscious effort to wake up just in time not to be late for school. Goes to bed whenever she feels like it, at times not at all.

Arcanist is not a morning person and has a habit of going to sleep late. This makes him doze off in class more often than not, though it's not like he doesn't know the stuff on the board already. He eats very little, not because he's on a diet but because he's too busy writing / drawing / daydreaming to the point of forgetting to eat. Does not exercise at all.
Because today is the day in which me and @Ayreria pump out endless headcanons.

Eating/Sleeping/Exercising Habits... not necessarily in that order

Windsinger's only rule with food is that as long as it tastes as good as it looks, he's all for it. He wakes up whenever he pleases (usually late), but his curfew never exceeds 10 PM. His parents used to put him to sleep at that time when he was still a little kid, and he's held that rule to the heart since forever. The closest thing to 'exercise' he ever does is running around the Focal Point flying kites.

Tidelord likes getting up early; mornings have a nice calming effect on him. He has a rather irregular eating schedule and does not eat breakfast, but his lunch tends to be very filling. Exercise consists of whatever the school swim team has in mind for the week as well as his daily trips to the ocean. Sleeps whenever he gets too tired, which can differ depending on how many visions he gets during the day.

Earthshaker cooks his own meals and makes sure the menu is a good mixture of healthy and hearty. He's neutral to waking up early or late (he'd rather settle for a nice in-between), and goes to sleep whenever Tidepotato does. Does light exercises by himself, sometimes with Gladekeeper when she asks, usually in the afternoon.

Flamecaller wakes up early, but it makes her a complete grump. It's a lesser evil to wasting all that time you could've used during the day, however, so she bears with it. Her meals are more often hearty than healthy, but she works out super hard so it all gets burned away in the end. Goes to sleep after making sure her ma and grandma does.

Stormcatcher watches his health. He has to watch his health, since he can literally drop dead any second his heart decides to be an inconsistent jerk. He calculates how much calories are in his food and keeps track of how much he burns when he does his daily work out. His routine would've been perfect if he's not so prone to pulling all-nighters in the lab.

Icewarden is building discipline (a requirement if you're thinking of serving in the police force) so he wakes up and goes to bed on a set time. Sometimes he'd slip, but then Tundra wakes him up and they'd be right back on schedule. Tries to eat healthfully, but fails when sweets are thrown into the loop. Sometimes his dad manages to convince him to do 10-minute workouts, but he has to be bribed with--you guessed it--more sweets.

Lightweaver is the morningest of birds, waking up and going to bed with the sun. She doesn't regulate what she eats, but she knows what's good or bad and never has too much anyway. Exercise? Who needs that when you've got brains?

Shadowbinder, in stark contrast to her little sister, is the nightest of owls. Given the chance, she'd rather be nocturnal. Like Glitters, she doesn't watch what she eats, but doesn't eat a lot. Does not exercise regularly, but stays fit just in case she needs it when dealing in the Forums.

Gladekeeper (surprisingly enough) doesn't need to eat much, though her curves may tell you otherwise. She's vegan, so she's bound to be pretty healthy nutrient-wise. Exercise is something she does irregularly, like going on a jog with her boyfriend whenever they feel like it. She is a morning person who finds the sun refreshing. Only sleeps late when she has something important to do.

Plaguebringer is everything her stepsister isn't. She eats like a monster (which baffles health officials to no end--she's so damn skinny!), takes in all sorts of junk food and hates mornings with a passion. But she makes a conscious effort to wake up just in time not to be late for school. Goes to bed whenever she feels like it, at times not at all.

Arcanist is not a morning person and has a habit of going to sleep late. This makes him doze off in class more often than not, though it's not like he doesn't know the stuff on the board already. He eats very little, not because he's on a diet but because he's too busy writing / drawing / daydreaming to the point of forgetting to eat. Does not exercise at all.
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
And, in relation to the previous set of headcanons:

Breakfast!

Windsinger likes waffles. They're crisp and funny-looking... and kite-shaped!

Tidelord, as mentioned in the previous post, does not eat breakfast. He's just not convinced that it's the most important meal of the day. At least he still feeds his dog.

Earthshaker makes his own French toast and eats them with sliced fruits and lightly-powdered cinnamon. He's tried to make Tidepotato eat breakfast, but has always been turned down. Poor guy.

Flamecaller's ma makes her omurice for breakfast. No, she does not get one of those anime breakfast toasts.

Stormcatcher's breakfast tends to vary, but either way it's full of carbs. Coffee is also always present.

Icewarden's family starts off the day with a Swedish breakfast of knäckebröd (crisp rye bread) and cloudberry jam. His dad tried to convince him to drink coffee (I mean, come on, cops) but he couldn't find it in him to like the bitter aftertaste no matter how much sugar or milk or honey he adds in. (Many thanks to @Seadevil for giving me advice on Swedish meals!)

Lightweaver has sunny-side-up eggs and corn flakes. Golden breakfast for a golden girl.

Shadowbinder's breakfast is derived from Glitters' own: scrambled eggs and corn muffin. Here's to that one person who headcanon'd Brit Shady.

Gladekeeper, the Granola Girl she is, eats oatmeal porridge with fruit muesli.

Plaguebringer's plate is filled with a mountain of bacon. So American (although she's actually from a mixed tree of Scottish-Irish).

Arcanist has pancake with syrup. Doesn't matter what kind of pancake or syrup as long as it's, well, pancake and syrup.
And, in relation to the previous set of headcanons:

Breakfast!

Windsinger likes waffles. They're crisp and funny-looking... and kite-shaped!

Tidelord, as mentioned in the previous post, does not eat breakfast. He's just not convinced that it's the most important meal of the day. At least he still feeds his dog.

Earthshaker makes his own French toast and eats them with sliced fruits and lightly-powdered cinnamon. He's tried to make Tidepotato eat breakfast, but has always been turned down. Poor guy.

Flamecaller's ma makes her omurice for breakfast. No, she does not get one of those anime breakfast toasts.

Stormcatcher's breakfast tends to vary, but either way it's full of carbs. Coffee is also always present.

Icewarden's family starts off the day with a Swedish breakfast of knäckebröd (crisp rye bread) and cloudberry jam. His dad tried to convince him to drink coffee (I mean, come on, cops) but he couldn't find it in him to like the bitter aftertaste no matter how much sugar or milk or honey he adds in. (Many thanks to @Seadevil for giving me advice on Swedish meals!)

Lightweaver has sunny-side-up eggs and corn flakes. Golden breakfast for a golden girl.

Shadowbinder's breakfast is derived from Glitters' own: scrambled eggs and corn muffin. Here's to that one person who headcanon'd Brit Shady.

Gladekeeper, the Granola Girl she is, eats oatmeal porridge with fruit muesli.

Plaguebringer's plate is filled with a mountain of bacon. So American (although she's actually from a mixed tree of Scottish-Irish).

Arcanist has pancake with syrup. Doesn't matter what kind of pancake or syrup as long as it's, well, pancake and syrup.
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
Does anyone mind if I collect all of the information from this and put it into a google doc, for reference without having to search through the thread?

Also, hi.
Does anyone mind if I collect all of the information from this and put it into a google doc, for reference without having to search through the thread?

Also, hi.
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 64 65