Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Player Questions/Concerns for the Admin
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 99 100
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2014-09-25 10:26:24"] [quote]Will we ever be able to equip an accent over a skin or several accents at once?[/quote] At this time, the system doesn't really support it, but if you feel strongly about having it as an option someday, I encourage you to join discussions about it in the Suggestions forum! [/quote] @Rhea Second post.
Xhaztol wrote on 2014-09-25 10:26:24:
Quote:
Will we ever be able to equip an accent over a skin or several accents at once?

At this time, the system doesn't really support it, but if you feel strongly about having it as an option someday, I encourage you to join discussions about it in the Suggestions forum!

@Rhea

Second post.
Lightning retiree, Dom Dormer
q2ZFmJW.pnggptJKcP.png
Alright well I've got a few questions

1. How is the number of players each flight calculated for dominance? Does it actually factor in recent activity? I've heard rumors that the system only counts the amount of players that have logged in the past month but I want to make sure.

2. I've heard about the Wandering Surge Priest in the Bamboo Falls, isn't a familiar, nor does it have plans of ever becoming one. This was pretty fair...until the Beastclans update. Now the Corven side of the Talonoks only have one representative while everyone else has a parallel colorswap that can become a familiar. Is there a reason for this?

3. In the Wildclaw lore it says that, for some reason, many of them have substantial numbers in the Plague lands, but doesn't explain why. Is there anything you can disclose as to why?

4. We know the Lightweaver's attitude towards imperials and the Icewarden's towards tundras, but is there anything you can tell us about the rest of the deities' feelings towards their particular dragons?

1. How is the number of players each flight calculated for dominance? Does it actually factor in recent activity? I've heard rumors that the system only counts the amount of players that have logged in the past month but I want to make sure.

2. I've heard about the Wandering Surge Priest in the Bamboo Falls, isn't a familiar, nor does it have plans of ever becoming one. This was pretty fair...until the Beastclans update. Now the Corven side of the Talonoks only have one representative while everyone else has a parallel colorswap that can become a familiar. Is there a reason for this?

3. In the Wildclaw lore it says that, for some reason, many of them have substantial numbers in the Plague lands, but doesn't explain why. Is there anything you can disclose as to why?

4. We know the Lightweaver's attitude towards imperials and the Icewarden's towards tundras, but is there anything you can tell us about the rest of the deities' feelings towards their particular dragons?
@mslscassics Thanks! Must've missed that.
@mslscassics Thanks! Must've missed that.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
While coming up with backstories for older dragons, I realized that some didn't match the breeds of their parents, and it got me wondering - are the breed and gene scrolls just a gameplay abstraction, or are ~magical~ breed and gene changes something that the admins/creators think of as really happening to dragons in the Flight Rising world?

In the same vein, are progenitors and parentless eggs actively created by the gods themselves? I thought I saw the implication in breed lore articles, but wanted to be sure.
While coming up with backstories for older dragons, I realized that some didn't match the breeds of their parents, and it got me wondering - are the breed and gene scrolls just a gameplay abstraction, or are ~magical~ breed and gene changes something that the admins/creators think of as really happening to dragons in the Flight Rising world?

In the same vein, are progenitors and parentless eggs actively created by the gods themselves? I thought I saw the implication in breed lore articles, but wanted to be sure.
iiJfkW7.pngHYKufkZ.png8H57y7U.png
Lately I've been playing with the size visualizer tool, using my dragons' stats, but when it came to images, I realized most of the dragon sprites don't have their wings fully extended, or their necks and tails aligned, so using the sprite to try and measure the dragons against each other is inaccurate.

Will there ever be anything that shows dragons' sizes relative to other dragons, objects, and/or familiars? Even just an official height/size chart would be really awesome (especially for the familiars - what if the buttersnakes are 60 feet tall or something?).
Lately I've been playing with the size visualizer tool, using my dragons' stats, but when it came to images, I realized most of the dragon sprites don't have their wings fully extended, or their necks and tails aligned, so using the sprite to try and measure the dragons against each other is inaccurate.

Will there ever be anything that shows dragons' sizes relative to other dragons, objects, and/or familiars? Even just an official height/size chart would be really awesome (especially for the familiars - what if the buttersnakes are 60 feet tall or something?).
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
[quote name="fallowsthorn" date="2014-10-15 16:51:19"]what if the buttersnakes are 60 feet tall or something?).[/quote] I refuse to accept that they aren't
fallowsthorn wrote on 2014-10-15 16:51:19:
what if the buttersnakes are 60 feet tall or something?).

I refuse to accept that they aren't
I collect white pawns!
Proud former Shadow Flighter and current Ice Flighter
bzpIMvQ.png
@Aequorin

Has the formula for gathering changed recently? It seems as though I never get rare drops anymore despite having much higher levels than I used to
@Aequorin

Has the formula for gathering changed recently? It seems as though I never get rare drops anymore despite having much higher levels than I used to
4132042.png2832263.png2800758.png3003474.png3112658.png
@MouseyPeach

I suspect you'll get redirected to the Suggestions Forum, where a thread on the topic has been active, and actively supported, for over a year now: http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=958693&p=mb

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. On the other hand, maaaaybe you'll get an actual answer that isn't "It's working as intended but feel free to make a topic in the suggestions forum about it"? And that would be really awesome.
@MouseyPeach

I suspect you'll get redirected to the Suggestions Forum, where a thread on the topic has been active, and actively supported, for over a year now: http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=958693&p=mb

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. On the other hand, maaaaybe you'll get an actual answer that isn't "It's working as intended but feel free to make a topic in the suggestions forum about it"? And that would be really awesome.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
@Aequorin

Are all dragon eggs the same size, regardless of species, or is that just an art thing?

Are Plague eggs supposed to look empty? The description says "transluscent," yes, but is there supposed to be something in there, or just dragon soup that comes out in the right order when hatched?

Will there ever be a dedicated thread for lore questions, as opposed to site mechanic and public-relations-type questions with lore mixed in?

All right, I'll shut up now. Thanks for the answers you've already given!

ETA: Brevity, so much brevity.
@Aequorin

Are all dragon eggs the same size, regardless of species, or is that just an art thing?

Are Plague eggs supposed to look empty? The description says "transluscent," yes, but is there supposed to be something in there, or just dragon soup that comes out in the right order when hatched?

Will there ever be a dedicated thread for lore questions, as opposed to site mechanic and public-relations-type questions with lore mixed in?

All right, I'll shut up now. Thanks for the answers you've already given!

ETA: Brevity, so much brevity.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
[quote]So.... the Art of Baby Fae Art seems to have changed? Is that change here to stay? Will the art of the eyes of grown fae be changed, too? Will we be able to chose how we want their eyes to look like? And why were we not warned/informed about this change? I'm really unhappy with how they look now :C[/quote] The eye art for Fae hatchlings was recreated to bring them more in line with the cel-shaded style that the rest of the site uses. It's been updated with an additional highlight to make the eyes a bit less vacant, and attention will be paid to any current or future breeds to ensure their expression is pleasing and cohesive with the Flight Rising style. [br][br][br] [quote]I have question about the world map... Why is the Windswept Plateau referred to as ""The breezy calming eastland"", when it is very clearly to west? The same with the Shifting Expanse. ""The blistering western desert"", that is not west, no? It should be south-east ya?[/quote] Good eyes - these are some typographical errors that we'll be fixing soon. Thank you for the report! [br][br][br] [quote] Yes, exactly how large is the planet Sornieth? Should we assume a size equivalent to our own planet, Earth?[/quote] It is larger than Earth (roughly one and a half times the radius). It has slightly less gravity. Whether that's due to its mass and the make-up of its core or the influence of magical fields is still a matter of draconic debate. [br][br][br] [quote]The Suggestions Forum Policy has been updated regarding thread consolidation and repeated threads. A Suggestions Compilation reference thread will be posted by a staff member later this weekend. Thanks to everyone for their feedback, and have a great day! Where is the thread?[/quote] We apologize for the delay, and not meeting the time we mentioned in our post. Preparing for registration took more time than we anticipated, but we are still plugging away at getting this thread ready. Collecting each unique idea is quite the task! Thanks for your patience! [br][br][br] [quote]I heard that accent layering would never be a thing because the way the system is would never support multiple accents. Is this true?[/quote] In Xhaztol's previous reply, it was stated that we don't have current plans to implement support for that. That doesn't mean the idea is completely off the table, but it also means that it's not something the development team is actively working on. [br][br][br] [quote]Alright well I've got a few questions 1. How is the number of players each flight calculated for dominance? Does it actually factor in recent activity? I've heard rumors that the system only counts the amount of players that have logged in the past month but I want to make sure. 2. I've heard about the Wandering Surge Priest in the Bamboo Falls, isn't a familiar, nor does it have plans of ever becoming one. This was pretty fair...until the Beastclans update. Now the Corven side of the Talonoks only have one representative while everyone else has a parallel colorswap that can become a familiar. Is there a reason for this? 3. In the Wildclaw lore it says that, for some reason, many of them have substantial numbers in the Plague lands, but doesn't explain why. Is there anything you can disclose as to why? 4. We know the Lightweaver's attitude towards imperials and the Icewarden's towards tundras, but is there anything you can tell us about the rest of the deities' feelings towards their particular dragons?[/quote] 1. It takes into account the total members of a flight who have been recently active. It is calculated based on the number of dragons exalted per active member. This means that if earth has 10 players and exalts 100 dragons, it would win over a fire flight who had 50 active players and exalted 200 dragons. 2. There is no particular reason. 3. Many migrated there during territorial disputes. 4. The dragon species were created by the gods to defend their territory and fight against the shade. Many were created hoping that the ideals of the deity would be instilled in the behavior of the species. Windsinger felt the creation of spirals was a job well done. However, most deities have a benevolent, if somewhat distant affection for their progeny. [br][br][br] [quote]While coming up with backstories for older dragons, I realized that some didn't match the breeds of their parents, and it got me wondering - are the breed and gene scrolls just a gameplay abstraction, or are ~magical~ breed and gene changes something that the admins/creators think of as really happening to dragons in the Flight Rising world? In the same vein, are progenitors and parentless eggs actively created by the gods themselves? I thought I saw the implication in breed lore articles, but wanted to be sure.[/quote] It is perfectly fine if your dragons do not match up with the lore articles. The encyclopedia gives the general behaviors and culture that most members of the species will exhibit, but not every dragon is going to fit perfectly into a mold! The breed and gene change scrolls can be considered an abstraction, though the gods reshaping dragons is not uncommon. Lorewise, most progenitors are likely to have parents, though game-play wise they do not, as that is how we introduce new bloodlines into the game and provide players with the opportunity to design their own unrelated dragons. Parentless eggs are considered orphaned, but may be adopted by a clan. [br][br][br] [quote]Lately I've been playing with the size visualizer tool, using my dragons' stats, but when it came to images, I realized most of the dragon sprites don't have their wings fully extended, or their necks and tails aligned, so using the sprite to try and measure the dragons against each other is inaccurate. Will there ever be anything that shows dragons' sizes relative to other dragons, objects, and/or familiars? Even just an official height/size chart would be really awesome (especially for the familiars - what if the buttersnakes are 60 feet tall or something?).[/quote] The dragon's length can be considered nose, neck, body, and tail combined. Wingspan would be wings fully extended, wingtip to wingtip. Weight is fairly straight-forward. At this time there are no plans to make a size chart showing all of the dragons and familiars, though that's an interesting thought! [br][br][br] [quote]Has the formula for gathering changed recently? It seems as though I never get rare drops anymore despite having much higher levels than I used to[/quote] The formula has not changed.
Quote:
So.... the Art of Baby Fae Art seems to have changed? Is that change here to stay? Will the art of the eyes of grown fae be changed, too? Will we be able to chose how we want their eyes to look like? And why were we not warned/informed about this change? I'm really unhappy with how they look now :C

The eye art for Fae hatchlings was recreated to bring them more in line with the cel-shaded style that the rest of the site uses. It's been updated with an additional highlight to make the eyes a bit less vacant, and attention will be paid to any current or future breeds to ensure their expression is pleasing and cohesive with the Flight Rising style.

Quote:
I have question about the world map...

Why is the Windswept Plateau referred to as ""The breezy calming eastland"", when it is very clearly to west?

The same with the Shifting Expanse. ""The blistering western desert"", that is not west, no? It should be south-east ya?

Good eyes - these are some typographical errors that we'll be fixing soon. Thank you for the report!

Quote:
Yes, exactly how large is the planet Sornieth? Should we assume a size equivalent to our own planet, Earth?

It is larger than Earth (roughly one and a half times the radius). It has slightly less gravity. Whether that's due to its mass and the make-up of its core or the influence of magical fields is still a matter of draconic debate.

Quote:
The Suggestions Forum Policy has been updated regarding thread consolidation and repeated threads. A Suggestions Compilation reference thread will be posted by a staff member later this weekend. Thanks to everyone for their feedback, and have a great day!

Where is the thread?

We apologize for the delay, and not meeting the time we mentioned in our post. Preparing for registration took more time than we anticipated, but we are still plugging away at getting this thread ready. Collecting each unique idea is quite the task! Thanks for your patience!

Quote:
I heard that accent layering would never be a thing because the way the system is would never support multiple accents. Is this true?

In Xhaztol's previous reply, it was stated that we don't have current plans to implement support for that. That doesn't mean the idea is completely off the table, but it also means that it's not something the development team is actively working on.

Quote:

1. It takes into account the total members of a flight who have been recently active. It is calculated based on the number of dragons exalted per active member. This means that if earth has 10 players and exalts 100 dragons, it would win over a fire flight who had 50 active players and exalted 200 dragons.

2. There is no particular reason.

3. Many migrated there during territorial disputes.

4. The dragon species were created by the gods to defend their territory and fight against the shade. Many were created hoping that the ideals of the deity would be instilled in the behavior of the species. Windsinger felt the creation of spirals was a job well done. However, most deities have a benevolent, if somewhat distant affection for their progeny.

Quote:

It is perfectly fine if your dragons do not match up with the lore articles. The encyclopedia gives the general behaviors and culture that most members of the species will exhibit, but not every dragon is going to fit perfectly into a mold! The breed and gene change scrolls can be considered an abstraction, though the gods reshaping dragons is not uncommon.

Lorewise, most progenitors are likely to have parents, though game-play wise they do not, as that is how we introduce new bloodlines into the game and provide players with the opportunity to design their own unrelated dragons. Parentless eggs are considered orphaned, but may be adopted by a clan.

Quote:

The dragon's length can be considered nose, neck, body, and tail combined. Wingspan would be wings fully extended, wingtip to wingtip. Weight is fairly straight-forward.

At this time there are no plans to make a size chart showing all of the dragons and familiars, though that's an interesting thought!

Quote:

The formula has not changed.
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 99 100