Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Player Questions/Concerns for the Admin
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 99 100
@Aequorin: This isn't really a question or concern but I couldn't find a compliments thread so here goes:

Thank you thank you thank you. The answers we've been getting are extremely helpful. Even the non-answers where the response is "Sorry, can't share that" or "dunno" or things of that ilk are extremely helpful.

The policies with the clarification are extremely helpful too. So...yeah.....thank you so much for all of that stuff, staff.

Congrats on the marriage, by the way.
@Aequorin: This isn't really a question or concern but I couldn't find a compliments thread so here goes:

Thank you thank you thank you. The answers we've been getting are extremely helpful. Even the non-answers where the response is "Sorry, can't share that" or "dunno" or things of that ilk are extremely helpful.

The policies with the clarification are extremely helpful too. So...yeah.....thank you so much for all of that stuff, staff.

Congrats on the marriage, by the way.
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
[quote name="Greyjoy" date="2014-10-14 10:09:23"]@Ymedron @Mlsclassics I can totally get on board with the idea of a freshwater sea. They can be a thing and enclosed lakes of a big enough size can be considered 'seas', as mentioned. However... if you look at the information on the Maren, it states that they live in salty water. [quote]TWhen the draconic incursion began, these metropolises were destroyed and the Maren were driven out... but leaving meant death for the schools. [b]The few Maren who survived adapted to regulate the salt in their bodies.[/b] [/quote] Sure, so their territory also covers the outer shores, which accounts for the salt thing, but it does generalise and suggest that ALL of them live in salty water, rather than pointing out that there are differences between the true coastal and SoaTC Maren in that the latter didn't need this adaptation, since that is mentioned as being freshwater. [quote]The largest body of freshwater in the realm. [/quote] So... is it a freshwater sea, or salty? Get it together, lore-writers! D8[/quote] Brackish. Good. Yes.
Greyjoy wrote on 2014-10-14 10:09:23:
@Ymedron @Mlsclassics

I can totally get on board with the idea of a freshwater sea. They can be a thing and enclosed lakes of a big enough size can be considered 'seas', as mentioned.

However... if you look at the information on the Maren, it states that they live in salty water.
Quote:
TWhen the draconic incursion began, these metropolises were destroyed and the Maren were driven out... but leaving meant death for the schools. The few Maren who survived adapted to regulate the salt in their bodies.

Sure, so their territory also covers the outer shores, which accounts for the salt thing, but it does generalise and suggest that ALL of them live in salty water, rather than pointing out that there are differences between the true coastal and SoaTC Maren in that the latter didn't need this adaptation, since that is mentioned as being freshwater.
Quote:
The largest body of freshwater in the realm.

So... is it a freshwater sea, or salty? Get it together, lore-writers! D8

Brackish. Good. Yes.
Gilded Carnival (General) | Gilded Carnival (Light) | Gilded Raffle IC | IC: Gold Standard | Cryptic Cartographs | 50 / 2000
SO...

I heard mention of a Secondary to match Crystal being released after several treasure genes.

But... important question... will there be a crystalline Underbelly to complete it? Ever? 'cos I really love Underbelly, but Crystal looks silly with Underbelly's flat colour. 8(
SO...

I heard mention of a Secondary to match Crystal being released after several treasure genes.

But... important question... will there be a crystalline Underbelly to complete it? Ever? 'cos I really love Underbelly, but Crystal looks silly with Underbelly's flat colour. 8(
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I know that it's against the ToS to link to pages off-site that contain content which breaks FR's rules, but I was wondering if it would be all right to link to an individual something that does not, even if related pages do? For example, I am currently working on a writing project where certain pieces are PG-13 and others are not; could I link to one of the PG-13 pieces?
I know that it's against the ToS to link to pages off-site that contain content which breaks FR's rules, but I was wondering if it would be all right to link to an individual something that does not, even if related pages do? For example, I am currently working on a writing project where certain pieces are PG-13 and others are not; could I link to one of the PG-13 pieces?
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
[quote]I know that it's against the ToS to link to pages off-site that contain content which breaks FR's rules[/quote] @Serpenthyne Not saying you're wrong but where does it say this?
Quote:
I know that it's against the ToS to link to pages off-site that contain content which breaks FR's rules

@Serpenthyne
Not saying you're wrong but where does it say this?
@Fjaer

All over the Rules and Guidelines. Here ... http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=749441
@Fjaer

All over the Rules and Guidelines. Here ... http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=749441
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Greyjoy
Thanks for the link!
@Greyjoy
Thanks for the link!
@Aequorin Are there any thoughts on maybe updating the gembond gene art to give it a similar sparkle to Crystal?
@Aequorin Are there any thoughts on maybe updating the gembond gene art to give it a similar sparkle to Crystal?
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
Do we have to @ an admin to ask questions? @Aequorin ?

I have a couple lore/world-building questions!

Because "shadow" is such an abstract element, what exactly does magic of the shadow flight entail? Illusion creating? Shadow travel? Or just basic shadow constructs? (I know you guys have answered questions like this with "it's up to the players", but I was curious to know what your original ideas were!)

My other question: dragons living in the Sea of a Thousand Currents. How do they get their gills? I think @Undel once stated that Water has a very disturbing way of dealing with this when it comes to non-Water dragons. Do they perform odd rituals/procedures to artificially give gills? What about native Water dragons? Are they born with gills? Why would Water be the only flight to have differences in physiology? Or do Water dragons go through the same process that non-Water dragons must go through, but soon after birth?? (Btw is this how "apparel" like antlers and horns and whatnot come to be on dragons?)
Do we have to @ an admin to ask questions? @Aequorin ?

I have a couple lore/world-building questions!

Because "shadow" is such an abstract element, what exactly does magic of the shadow flight entail? Illusion creating? Shadow travel? Or just basic shadow constructs? (I know you guys have answered questions like this with "it's up to the players", but I was curious to know what your original ideas were!)

My other question: dragons living in the Sea of a Thousand Currents. How do they get their gills? I think @Undel once stated that Water has a very disturbing way of dealing with this when it comes to non-Water dragons. Do they perform odd rituals/procedures to artificially give gills? What about native Water dragons? Are they born with gills? Why would Water be the only flight to have differences in physiology? Or do Water dragons go through the same process that non-Water dragons must go through, but soon after birth?? (Btw is this how "apparel" like antlers and horns and whatnot come to be on dragons?)
I'm curious, are certain colors in the color wheel more common than others when breeding or are they truly random?
I'm curious, are certain colors in the color wheel more common than others when breeding or are they truly random?
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 99 100