Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [PLAGUEDOM] D20 Mutation Drawing Game!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
[img]http://i.imgur.com/H6U32gS.png[/img] [center][b][color=#800000][size=5]What Is This?[/size][/color][/b][/center] D20 Mutation is a fun drawing game in which each participant must combine physical traits from three different, randomly selected beasts of Sornieth into a single, specially mutated abomination fit to serve the Plaguebringer. [center][b][color=#800000][size=5]How Does It Work?[/size][/color][/b][/center] Each day, the Gamemaster (me lol) will roll one D20 (twenty-sided die) four times: Once to choose the grouping of familiars, and then another three times to choose the familiars themselves, and post the results to the thread. You must then design a new creature with the physical traits from all three familiars and post a drawing of your creation to this thread. I will log all entries in a [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ALMj_t-l3wzMr7tlLfCG30OP4R4xxvBolCVrYPJ19rU/edit#gid=0]spreadsheet[/url]. and assign them a chronological number. Daily winners will be selected the following day using Random.org, as will the final Grand Prize winner. [center][b][color=#800000][size=5]What Do You Win?[/size][/color][/b][/center] A mutation! Each daily winner may select one treasure gene of their choice from the treasure Marketplace or Baldwin's Cauldron. At the end of the week, the final Grand Prize winner may select any gene from the gem Marketplace. Genes will all be delivered as promptly as possible (no later than one week). If you have any questions that are not addressed in the Rules and Participation notes, ping or pm KyraG or Karitoriki! [center][b][color=#800000][size=5]Ping List[/size][/color][/b][/center] [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScyWxQoXvIorDqCkSgcYW_p0M7wdHqA63uaj0fImmdcEBf-ww/viewform]Add yourself to the ping list[/url] to receive notifications when the daily numbers are announced starting Sunday, April 29th! (If you would like to be removed, please ping or PM KyraG or Karitoriki.) [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ALMj_t-l3wzMr7tlLfCG30OP4R4xxvBolCVrYPJ19rU/edit#gid=0]View all entries here[/url]. [size=2]Original concept and artwork by CommanderBacon! Many thanks to them for allowing me to continue this excellent game.[/size]
H6U32gS.png
What Is This?
D20 Mutation is a fun drawing game in which each participant must combine physical traits from three different, randomly selected beasts of Sornieth into a single, specially mutated abomination fit to serve the Plaguebringer.
How Does It Work?
Each day, the Gamemaster (me lol) will roll one D20 (twenty-sided die) four times: Once to choose the grouping of familiars, and then another three times to choose the familiars themselves, and post the results to the thread. You must then design a new creature with the physical traits from all three familiars and post a drawing of your creation to this thread.

I will log all entries in a spreadsheet. and assign them a chronological number. Daily winners will be selected the following day using Random.org, as will the final Grand Prize winner.
What Do You Win?
A mutation! Each daily winner may select one treasure gene of their choice from the treasure Marketplace or Baldwin's Cauldron. At the end of the week, the final Grand Prize winner may select any gene from the gem Marketplace. Genes will all be delivered as promptly as possible (no later than one week).

If you have any questions that are not addressed in the Rules and Participation notes, ping or pm KyraG or Karitoriki!
Ping List
Add yourself to the ping list to receive notifications when the daily numbers are announced starting Sunday, April 29th!

(If you would like to be removed, please ping or PM KyraG or Karitoriki.)

View all entries here.

Original concept and artwork by CommanderBacon! Many thanks to them for allowing me to continue this excellent game.
I'm back.
The Beast List

With the addition of so many creatures within the realm, Plaguemother has granted many of them with the potential to mutate! In order to accommodate for so many familiars, the setup is a little different:

There are twenty groups of familiars, with twenty familiars within each grouping. These lists are completely set now! Each day I will post images of the familiars that get chosen.
If you would like to look at this particular madness, feel free!
The Beast List

With the addition of so many creatures within the realm, Plaguemother has granted many of them with the potential to mutate! In order to accommodate for so many familiars, the setup is a little different:

There are twenty groups of familiars, with twenty familiars within each grouping. These lists are completely set now! Each day I will post images of the familiars that get chosen.
If you would like to look at this particular madness, feel free!
I'm back.
Rules and Participation Info

Please read carefully before participating!
  • The D20 Mutation game will officially start Sunday, April 29th at FR 0:30 (after rollover) and end on Saturday, May 5th at FR 23:59 (at rollover) with a test run on Saturday, October 24th.
  • Each participant may enter one drawing per FR day (FR 0:30 to FR 23:59), with a maximum of seven entries per player for the entire event.
  • Each daily entry posted to this thread will earn the participant one ticket to the raffle.
  • Each entry must be your own artwork and visibly include elements from all three creatures.
  • You may submit a sketch, an inked drawing, or fully colored picture - it’s up to you!
  • Dark and/or blurry photos of artwork will not be accepted, so please make sure that any photos of physical artwork are taken with good lighting.
  • If a roll of the die results in a duplicate number for that day, I will re-roll to keep things interesting :)
  • Daily winners will be randomly selected from the pool of the previous day’s entries.
  • One Grand Prize winner will be selected randomly from all of the week’s eligible entries after the conclusion of Plague v Arcane, ending Saturday May 5th.
  • Winning ticket numbers will be retired, so they will no longer be eligible for the Grand Prize raffle.
  • Participants who have already won a daily prize may not win another daily prize, but they may still be eligible to win the Grand Prize if they have submitted other entries.
  • Winners are chosen randomly based on participation, not talent, so no need to worry about your skills. Get in there and have fun! *slaps your back*
Rules and Participation Info

Please read carefully before participating!
  • The D20 Mutation game will officially start Sunday, April 29th at FR 0:30 (after rollover) and end on Saturday, May 5th at FR 23:59 (at rollover) with a test run on Saturday, October 24th.
  • Each participant may enter one drawing per FR day (FR 0:30 to FR 23:59), with a maximum of seven entries per player for the entire event.
  • Each daily entry posted to this thread will earn the participant one ticket to the raffle.
  • Each entry must be your own artwork and visibly include elements from all three creatures.
  • You may submit a sketch, an inked drawing, or fully colored picture - it’s up to you!
  • Dark and/or blurry photos of artwork will not be accepted, so please make sure that any photos of physical artwork are taken with good lighting.
  • If a roll of the die results in a duplicate number for that day, I will re-roll to keep things interesting :)
  • Daily winners will be randomly selected from the pool of the previous day’s entries.
  • One Grand Prize winner will be selected randomly from all of the week’s eligible entries after the conclusion of Plague v Arcane, ending Saturday May 5th.
  • Winning ticket numbers will be retired, so they will no longer be eligible for the Grand Prize raffle.
  • Participants who have already won a daily prize may not win another daily prize, but they may still be eligible to win the Grand Prize if they have submitted other entries.
  • Winners are chosen randomly based on participation, not talent, so no need to worry about your skills. Get in there and have fun! *slaps your back*
I'm back.
Winners

Everyone’s a winner in my book, but these people have won SPECIAL MUTATIONS!
Sunday, April 29th: Myndris
Monday, April 30th: TBA
Tuesday, May 1st: TBA
Wednesday, May 2nd: TBA
Thursday, May 3rd: TBA
Friday, May 4th: TBA
Saturday, May 5th: TBA

Grand Prize Winner: TBA

Congratulations to all!
Winners

Everyone’s a winner in my book, but these people have won SPECIAL MUTATIONS!
Sunday, April 29th: Myndris
Monday, April 30th: TBA
Tuesday, May 1st: TBA
Wednesday, May 2nd: TBA
Thursday, May 3rd: TBA
Friday, May 4th: TBA
Saturday, May 5th: TBA

Grand Prize Winner: TBA

Congratulations to all!
I'm back.
[center][b][color=#800000][size=5]Badges and Banners[/size][/color][/b][/center] Feel free to use any of these badges or banners to support the game or show you participated! [img]http://i.imgur.com/s80AXhR.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/G5hDKJ5.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/xGvsMqY.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/xCqzBMI.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/6PRhFrq.png[/img] [size=2]Thanks to CommanderBacon for these![/size]
Badges and Banners
Feel free to use any of these badges or banners to support the game or show you participated!
s80AXhR.png G5hDKJ5.png xGvsMqY.png xCqzBMI.png
6PRhFrq.png
Thanks to CommanderBacon for these!
I'm back.
FAQ and Notes
Questions? Comments? PM or ping KyraG or Karitoriki. I will build an FAQ based on the most commonly asked questions.

Q: Can Plague flight members participate?
A: You bet your biscuits they can!

Q: What if I want to participate, but I can’t draw?
A: Winners are chosen randomly based on participation, not talent or the amount of time spent on a drawing. (Funny is good, though.)

Q: Do I have to color my entry?
A: Heck no! Sketches, inks, or even full colored drawings all count as an entry.

I haven’t run a game or anything like this before, so if you see any loopholes or stupid mistakes, please let me know!

Important note: While I will probably participate, I am obviously not eligible to win.
FAQ and Notes
Questions? Comments? PM or ping KyraG or Karitoriki. I will build an FAQ based on the most commonly asked questions.

Q: Can Plague flight members participate?
A: You bet your biscuits they can!

Q: What if I want to participate, but I can’t draw?
A: Winners are chosen randomly based on participation, not talent or the amount of time spent on a drawing. (Funny is good, though.)

Q: Do I have to color my entry?
A: Heck no! Sketches, inks, or even full colored drawings all count as an entry.

I haven’t run a game or anything like this before, so if you see any loopholes or stupid mistakes, please let me know!

Important note: While I will probably participate, I am obviously not eligible to win.
I'm back.
One last piece of mess okay I think we're golden
One last piece of mess okay I think we're golden
I'm back.
@KyraG I super love this idea; I'm assuming today's beasts haven't been rolled yet? :>
@KyraG I super love this idea; I'm assuming today's beasts haven't been rolled yet? :>
woof? woof
@ruggafluff

NO THEY HAVE NOT :'D An' that would be because I basically just got home! I'm gonna show this out a little bit an' then do my rolls! Which will be photographed because I then get to show off all my pretty dice c:

edit because i forget what's considered bad words on this site omg
@ruggafluff

NO THEY HAVE NOT :'D An' that would be because I basically just got home! I'm gonna show this out a little bit an' then do my rolls! Which will be photographed because I then get to show off all my pretty dice c:

edit because i forget what's considered bad words on this site omg
I'm back.
this seems so fun, I really like the idea
but seems like it will be running exactly during the time I will be asleep
mybe I can do a quick sketch tomorrow before I go to work but chances are I will oversleep as usual OTL
this seems so fun, I really like the idea
but seems like it will be running exactly during the time I will be asleep
mybe I can do a quick sketch tomorrow before I go to work but chances are I will oversleep as usual OTL
qR6otwA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28