Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Star Chart Studies
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@Treesponge Day 3 the rabbit [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/29/4e/e2/294ee2e8ae0735438e73e7e4fa0a9e6e.png[/img]
@Treesponge

Day 3 the rabbit

294ee2e8ae0735438e73e7e4fa0a9e6e.png
B43QG5A.png
@Siritys @NinaOsp @clarax

New sections of the sky have cleared up!
@Siritys @NinaOsp @clarax

New sections of the sky have cleared up!
bhg_small_by_xnedra22-d8fsyoj.png
[center]@nielybh i cant center columns to save my life [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/3abf7738672d471156a4767918b8cbe3/tumblr_oe6j1cbmyV1qiov6ao1_400.jpg[/img] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20756889] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/207569/20756889.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21005798] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/210058/21005798.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20181538] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/201816/20181538.png[/img] [/url][/columns] Once more Mollen and Alianora watched the stars together, once more they delivered their discoveries to Itzel and went to sleep together. The following day was rather busy; Nightshade asked for help with the A.B.I, so Mollen had to go help her search the archives for clues, and Avidan had gotten into trouble with the giftbombs he was supposed to deliver, so Alia had to travel all the way to the border with the Southern Icefields to help him. Besides, Mithrandir arrived with Nita by dinnertime, too tired to join into a family dinner with Mollen's family, so by the time the sky was dark enough to stargaze, the three mates were almost falling asleep onto their feet. Still, Mollen insisted they keep their work with the new Starcharts; who knows if they'd find something important. "Okay, but guys, guys-" Mith burst out giggling, trying to point at a pattern in one of the charts and failing miserably. "This one-! This one kinda looks like a butt!" "Oh my Arcanist, Mith, I-" Mollen bursted out laughing too, though hers sounded a lot more histerical. "That's not- put those down!" Alianora sat on Mollen's other side, tail curled around her body and eyes heavying down. She couldn't allow herself to fall asleep; she had to keep watch over her mates. Even though they were both huge dorks who probably wouldn't mind if she took a nap. "But- but!" Mith didn't really fight it as Mollen finally took the charts from his claws, smoothing them down on the grass. "Why are we out here again? I flew all day, 'm tired..." "We gotta!" Mollen nodded, a little more forcefully than she had to. "Sky's all messed up, we gotta.... Spacedad...." Mollen nodded off for a second, only to yelp and almost fall back, startled. "Shhhoot!" she jumped. "Can't fall asleep yet, we gotta..." and, muttering under her breath, she turned her eyes back to the charts. Alianora watched her for a few minutes, fighting to keep her own pink eyes open. "Hey..." Mith frowned up to the sky, tilting his head to the side in confusion. "That look like a buttersnake to you?" Despite Alia's comment the night before, both females looked up to the sky, to where Mithrandir was pointing. If you looked a bit closer... It did look like a snake with wings. "You know what?" Mollen said, after several moments of silence. "This is probably the best we'll get tonight. Let me just register this in and call Itzel, and we can go take a nap." "With cuddles?" Mithrandir asked, hopeful. "Whatever you say, babe." Alia yawned, stretching her wings. Mollen sent word for Itzel as soon as she was done, and left her research wrapped up with a surprisingly nice pink bow. Mith insisted on leaving a note as well, complimenting the Coatl on all her hard work and invinting "Itzie Bitzie" and her mate to do something together one of these days, like a double date! But... Is it a double date when one of the couples has three people? Is it even a couple with three people?! [quote name="The Buttersnake"] [i]buttersnakes are so silly, with their dorky face and the weird wings... theyr wings are 2 small for there wierd bodies.... how would they fly......................[/i] [/quote][/center]
@nielybh

i cant center columns to save my life

tumblr_oe6j1cbmyV1qiov6ao1_400.jpg

20756889.png

21005798.png

20181538.png

Once more Mollen and Alianora watched the stars together, once more they delivered their discoveries to Itzel and went to sleep together. The following day was rather busy; Nightshade asked for help with the A.B.I, so Mollen had to go help her search the archives for clues, and Avidan had gotten into trouble with the giftbombs he was supposed to deliver, so Alia had to travel all the way to the border with the Southern Icefields to help him. Besides, Mithrandir arrived with Nita by dinnertime, too tired to join into a family dinner with Mollen's family, so by the time the sky was dark enough to stargaze, the three mates were almost falling asleep onto their feet. Still, Mollen insisted they keep their work with the new Starcharts; who knows if they'd find something important.

"Okay, but guys, guys-" Mith burst out giggling, trying to point at a pattern in one of the charts and failing miserably. "This one-! This one kinda looks like a butt!"

"Oh my Arcanist, Mith, I-" Mollen bursted out laughing too, though hers sounded a lot more histerical. "That's not- put those down!"

Alianora sat on Mollen's other side, tail curled around her body and eyes heavying down. She couldn't allow herself to fall asleep; she had to keep watch over her mates. Even though they were both huge dorks who probably wouldn't mind if she took a nap.

"But- but!" Mith didn't really fight it as Mollen finally took the charts from his claws, smoothing them down on the grass. "Why are we out here again? I flew all day, 'm tired..."

"We gotta!" Mollen nodded, a little more forcefully than she had to. "Sky's all messed up, we gotta.... Spacedad...." Mollen nodded off for a second, only to yelp and almost fall back, startled. "Shhhoot!" she jumped. "Can't fall asleep yet, we gotta..." and, muttering under her breath, she turned her eyes back to the charts. Alianora watched her for a few minutes, fighting to keep her own pink eyes open.

"Hey..." Mith frowned up to the sky, tilting his head to the side in confusion. "That look like a buttersnake to you?"

Despite Alia's comment the night before, both females looked up to the sky, to where Mithrandir was pointing. If you looked a bit closer... It did look like a snake with wings.

"You know what?" Mollen said, after several moments of silence. "This is probably the best we'll get tonight. Let me just register this in and call Itzel, and we can go take a nap."

"With cuddles?" Mithrandir asked, hopeful.

"Whatever you say, babe." Alia yawned, stretching her wings.

Mollen sent word for Itzel as soon as she was done, and left her research wrapped up with a surprisingly nice pink bow. Mith insisted on leaving a note as well, complimenting the Coatl on all her hard work and invinting "Itzie Bitzie" and her mate to do something together one of these days, like a double date! But... Is it a double date when one of the couples has three people? Is it even a couple with three people?!
The Buttersnake wrote:
buttersnakes are so silly, with their dorky face and the weird wings... theyr wings are 2 small for there wierd bodies.... how would they fly......................
F9znW0V.pngMOIcidv.pngTAAah4E.pngshadow-mercs-small-banner_zpssyrro27z.png
[center][img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a8/f9/62/a8f962af2b3ebc2081043b35dd55fbc9.gif[/img][/center]
a8f962af2b3ebc2081043b35dd55fbc9.gif
@NinaOsp If it makes you feel any better, columns is not the easiest bbcode out there [s]also sorry this isn't as long as before[/s] [quote][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20594171][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/205942/20594171.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Itzel got the call from the dragons of Astéri Caligine again. She was too busy the day before to come pick up the map the day before due a light incident with one of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=212705&tab=dragon&did=20171035]Morgwen[/url]'s potions that covered their lair in pink goo and the leaders called upon everyone present at the time to help clean it up. The dragons weren't there by the time she arrived, but they left the maps visible enough for her to just pick them up. With two little surprises: a bow, and a note. Itzel would keep the ribbon for herself, as she hoarded them in a small self-indulgence, and unfolded the note to read it. The invitation made her shake her head, but she had a grin on her face. She picked a piece of coal and wrote neatly at the bottom of the piece of paper, leaving it as it was before: "No glitter involved this time, then we'll go. Until tomorrow."[/quote]
@NinaOsp

If it makes you feel any better, columns is not the easiest bbcode out there also sorry this isn't as long as before

Quote:
20594171.png Itzel got the call from the dragons of Astéri Caligine again. She was too busy the day before to come pick up the map the day before due a light incident with one of Morgwen's potions that covered their lair in pink goo and the leaders called upon everyone present at the time to help clean it up.
The dragons weren't there by the time she arrived, but they left the maps visible enough for her to just pick them up. With two little surprises: a bow, and a note.
Itzel would keep the ribbon for herself, as she hoarded them in a small self-indulgence, and unfolded the note to read it. The invitation made her shake her head, but she had a grin on her face. She picked a piece of coal and wrote neatly at the bottom of the piece of paper, leaving it as it was before:

"No glitter involved this time, then we'll go. Until tomorrow."
Yy6exMZ.png
@Sorulis Tuesday (Day 3 of Starfall) [center][img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/risaisis/starfall%20starmaps%202_zpsea6xdu9o.png[/img] Starmap 9 Constellation: The Loyal Hound [quote="Carina's Story"] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25932631] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/259327/25932631_350.png[/img] [/url] The following evening, the hatchlings gathered around Carina once again. They bounced along, pointing up at the night sky. "Are there more stories up there?" a bright-scaled Nocturne asked, blinking her wide eyes. Carina tilted her head to follow their gaze. A collection of stars caught her gaze, and she turned back to the hatchlings. "Yes, there are many more stories. I'll show you one for tonight." As she sat down, the hatchlings curled up at her feet. One young Imperial began chewing on the ends of her fur, which normally would have annoyed her - but after last night's story-telling, Carina found she didn't mind so much. "Now, little ones, listen. If you look carefully, you will see the constellation of the Loyal Hound. "The tale is about a young drake, lost in the Ghostlight Ruins. He was separated from his Clan, and fell behind during the seasonal migration - and the Ruins is the last place you want to be when your alone and afraid. A specter appeared behind the drake, frightening the poor scrap. He ran forward, trying to escape the aura which shadowed him ceaselessly. This, however, only ensured to confuse the drake further, making him even more lost. Fortunately, no enemies seemed to be nearby, and nothing attacked the drake - except the ever-constant spirit following behind him. "Finally, the drake tired of running. Everywhere he turned looked exactly the same as the previous path. It was hopeless, and he knew it. Giving up, he collapsed where he stood, finally allowing the specter to appear above him. It floated for a moment, before it moved to hover before him and then it manifested into a great Wraith Hound. It pawed the air, and then stood beside the drake. The young dragon closed his eyes, fearing the worst. But all he felt was a light touch against his flank, encouraging him to his feet. "Confused, shocked, and relieved, the dragon stood, staring wide-eyed at the hound. The creature gave him a curious look, before nudging him to continue on the path he was on. Unsure but willing to take a chance, the dragon followed the hound's suggestion. Together, they traveled like this for half a day - the hound guiding the dragon through the Ruins. And finally, as the sun started to peak through the crumbling buildings, the young dragon saw his family standing by an old fountain in the town square. The Wraith Hound had guided him home! "After the dragon was reunited with his Clanmates, he asked the hound to stay with him, accompanying him on the rest of their voyage. The hound merely blinked, and has remained by the drake's side through his life. As the dragon aged and aged, and finally came to his final resting place, the hound stayed loyal to his companion. And even now, the hound has taken to the stars to watch over other young dragons who ever might need his guidance." [/quote][/center]
@Sorulis
Tuesday (Day 3 of Starfall)
starfall%20starmaps%202_zpsea6xdu9o.png
Starmap 9
Constellation: The Loyal Hound
Carina's Story wrote:

25932631_350.png

The following evening, the hatchlings gathered around Carina once again. They bounced along, pointing up at the night sky. "Are there more stories up there?" a bright-scaled Nocturne asked, blinking her wide eyes.

Carina tilted her head to follow their gaze. A collection of stars caught her gaze, and she turned back to the hatchlings. "Yes, there are many more stories. I'll show you one for tonight."

As she sat down, the hatchlings curled up at her feet. One young Imperial began chewing on the ends of her fur, which normally would have annoyed her - but after last night's story-telling, Carina found she didn't mind so much. "Now, little ones, listen. If you look carefully, you will see the constellation of the Loyal Hound.

"The tale is about a young drake, lost in the Ghostlight Ruins. He was separated from his Clan, and fell behind during the seasonal migration - and the Ruins is the last place you want to be when your alone and afraid. A specter appeared behind the drake, frightening the poor scrap. He ran forward, trying to escape the aura which shadowed him ceaselessly. This, however, only ensured to confuse the drake further, making him even more lost. Fortunately, no enemies seemed to be nearby, and nothing attacked the drake - except the ever-constant spirit following behind him.

"Finally, the drake tired of running. Everywhere he turned looked exactly the same as the previous path. It was hopeless, and he knew it. Giving up, he collapsed where he stood, finally allowing the specter to appear above him. It floated for a moment, before it moved to hover before him and then it manifested into a great Wraith Hound. It pawed the air, and then stood beside the drake. The young dragon closed his eyes, fearing the worst. But all he felt was a light touch against his flank, encouraging him to his feet.

"Confused, shocked, and relieved, the dragon stood, staring wide-eyed at the hound. The creature gave him a curious look, before nudging him to continue on the path he was on. Unsure but willing to take a chance, the dragon followed the hound's suggestion. Together, they traveled like this for half a day - the hound guiding the dragon through the Ruins. And finally, as the sun started to peak through the crumbling buildings, the young dragon saw his family standing by an old fountain in the town square. The Wraith Hound had guided him home!

"After the dragon was reunited with his Clanmates, he asked the hound to stay with him, accompanying him on the rest of their voyage. The hound merely blinked, and has remained by the drake's side through his life. As the dragon aged and aged, and finally came to his final resting place, the hound stayed loyal to his companion. And even now, the hound has taken to the stars to watch over other young dragons who ever might need his guidance."

1u3H6jas.png
@nielybh Wasn't sure if there was a submission limit - I was planning to do just one, but then I had a lot of fun and got a little carried away. [img]http://i.imgur.com/ZWx7Wyp.gif[/img] [i]The Snapper[/i] Created by the Earthshaker, Snappers are known for their lack of flight, their sturdiness, and their excellent memory. Dragons born under the Snapper constellation are said to be grounded, steady, and wise. [img]http://i.imgur.com/003YXNA.gif[/img] [i]The Spiny Serpent[/i] Legend tells of a giant serpent that once terrorized Arcane. It was as long as an Imperial, and sharp spines as tall as a Fae ran down its back. Arcane Clans lived in fear of this dreadful snake slithering into their lairs and swallowing their eggs and hatchings. Then one day, a brave Arcane exalt tracked the Spiny Serpent to its lair, and chose to fight it. They fought for 11 days and 11 nights, claws and fangs and spines ripping and tearing, until finally the evil snake fell at the exalt's feet, dead. The Spiny Serpent was then turned into a constellation, where its image would remind dragons of the dangers of their world and the heroes who fight to protect others from them. [img]http://i.imgur.com/0bRQEV8.gif[/img] [i]The Hero[/i] The Arcane exalt who killed the Spiny Serpent. As a reward for slaying the Spiny Serpent, the Hero's image was placed among the stars, and their story retold by generations of stargazers to come. The Hero is in a predatory crouch next to the Spiny Serpent, ready to spring forth should the Serpent break free from its starry prison and threaten Sornieth again.
@nielybh Wasn't sure if there was a submission limit - I was planning to do just one, but then I had a lot of fun and got a little carried away.
ZWx7Wyp.gif
The Snapper
Created by the Earthshaker, Snappers are known for their lack of flight, their sturdiness, and their excellent memory. Dragons born under the Snapper constellation are said to be grounded, steady, and wise.
003YXNA.gif
The Spiny Serpent
Legend tells of a giant serpent that once terrorized Arcane. It was as long as an Imperial, and sharp spines as tall as a Fae ran down its back. Arcane Clans lived in fear of this dreadful snake slithering into their lairs and swallowing their eggs and hatchings. Then one day, a brave Arcane exalt tracked the Spiny Serpent to its lair, and chose to fight it. They fought for 11 days and 11 nights, claws and fangs and spines ripping and tearing, until finally the evil snake fell at the exalt's feet, dead. The Spiny Serpent was then turned into a constellation, where its image would remind dragons of the dangers of their world and the heroes who fight to protect others from them.
0bRQEV8.gif
The Hero
The Arcane exalt who killed the Spiny Serpent. As a reward for slaying the Spiny Serpent, the Hero's image was placed among the stars, and their story retold by generations of stargazers to come. The Hero is in a predatory crouch next to the Spiny Serpent, ready to spring forth should the Serpent break free from its starry prison and threaten Sornieth again.
Na5WGHa.png
@Sorulis
I had some trouble yesterday, and again today, with the pictures. The first day, I saved the star chart and then opened it in paint to work on it. Yesterday, and today, when I tried to do that, it wouldn't let me open it in paint. Trying to open it at all made it open a webpage with nothing but a black x in a box up in the one corner on it. Help, please? I had a lot of fun the first day, but I'm not sure what to do now.
@Sorulis
I had some trouble yesterday, and again today, with the pictures. The first day, I saved the star chart and then opened it in paint to work on it. Yesterday, and today, when I tried to do that, it wouldn't let me open it in paint. Trying to open it at all made it open a webpage with nothing but a black x in a box up in the one corner on it. Help, please? I had a lot of fun the first day, but I'm not sure what to do now.
j4TARaG.pngkOeTXEu.png7JGzfva.pngKEtym0N.pngMorpheon Fennec Raffle Ticket
@clarax

Aaah that's so cute! It reminds me of a spookier Frankenweenie. Kinda.

Sending you your prize packs now! ^ - ^
@clarax

Aaah that's so cute! It reminds me of a spookier Frankenweenie. Kinda.

Sending you your prize packs now! ^ - ^
@beargirl1393

Hello! Try right clicking the star chart you want to use and select, "Open Image in a new tab". From there, right click that and save it to your computer. Or, you can print screen the window and paste it into Paint or any art program you use and either crop or move the image around so you just have the star chart.

Either that, or you can try going into wherever you saved the chart and right clicking the file and select "Open with Paint"; if Paint doesn't show up try going through "More Programs".

I hope this helps!
@beargirl1393

Hello! Try right clicking the star chart you want to use and select, "Open Image in a new tab". From there, right click that and save it to your computer. Or, you can print screen the window and paste it into Paint or any art program you use and either crop or move the image around so you just have the star chart.

Either that, or you can try going into wherever you saved the chart and right clicking the file and select "Open with Paint"; if Paint doesn't show up try going through "More Programs".

I hope this helps!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12