Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Integrals game!
1 2 3
Alright! Here's an idea for a game that noone will play!
First person posts an integral to calculate. Can de definite or indefinite, your choice.
The next person posts their calculations - not just the answer, the best thing would be a photo of the sheet of paper you wrote on. Just to prove that you actually calculated things, you know.
Then check your answer on Wolfram Alpha. Then post another integral for the next person to calculate!
Sounds easy enough, right?!
(I'm gonna be bumping this a few times probably XD)

Here's the first one:
∫(x3+x)e5xdx

Oh and you can offer prizes too, and maybe I'll do that later (probably not).
Alright! Here's an idea for a game that noone will play!
First person posts an integral to calculate. Can de definite or indefinite, your choice.
The next person posts their calculations - not just the answer, the best thing would be a photo of the sheet of paper you wrote on. Just to prove that you actually calculated things, you know.
Then check your answer on Wolfram Alpha. Then post another integral for the next person to calculate!
Sounds easy enough, right?!
(I'm gonna be bumping this a few times probably XD)

Here's the first one:
∫(x3+x)e5xdx

Oh and you can offer prizes too, and maybe I'll do that later (probably not).
how to not sad
For the math nerds and next semester, me! @Origamer
For the math nerds and next semester, me! @Origamer
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
> Check out my Dragon Cave!
> or my Chicken Smoothie!
@Doppelbia
AWWW HELL NO
@Doppelbia
AWWW HELL NO
a6UQvR2.png

Art by Rytil
Hey if noone plays that's fine, I'll solve it myself and post another one XD
Hey if noone plays that's fine, I'll solve it myself and post another one XD
how to not sad
@SGF not sure how well my camera works, or how well i know how to use computers but: [img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/0d8e/f/2016/256/9/b/snapshot__6__by_catsez-dahj3j2.jpg[/img] [img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/572b/f/2016/256/a/e/snapshot__5__by_catsez-dahj3u3.jpg[/img] the first time i tried to do it the "31"s were "19"s so ¯\_(?)_/¯ [b]∫(1+cos(x))/(x+sin(x))dx[/b]
@SGF

not sure how well my camera works, or how well i know how to use computers but:

snapshot__6__by_catsez-dahj3j2.jpg

snapshot__5__by_catsez-dahj3u3.jpg

the first time i tried to do it the "31"s were "19"s so ¯\_(?)_/¯

∫(1+cos(x))/(x+sin(x))dx

I'll just give it a bump since this thing deserves it.
I'll just give it a bump since this thing deserves it.
Darn. I need to do some more calculus.
Trying to take precalculus (well, finish it), trigonometry, and calculus at the same time makes things difficult. :P If I'd gotten to this point I would be digging this game.

^This is also another bump, because yes, it does deserve it.
Darn. I need to do some more calculus.
Trying to take precalculus (well, finish it), trigonometry, and calculus at the same time makes things difficult. :P If I'd gotten to this point I would be digging this game.

^This is also another bump, because yes, it does deserve it.
sig2.jpg
This game deserves a bump for its uniqueness and interesting use of the forum boards. I'd try to play but I am nowhere near your level of calculation. I'll stick to literary-based games.
This game deserves a bump for its uniqueness and interesting use of the forum boards. I'd try to play but I am nowhere near your level of calculation. I'll stick to literary-based games.
Hehe maybe I'll give this a shot when I didn't just wake up! Calc is pretty cool.

@SGF
Love the XKCD signature. ;)
Hehe maybe I'll give this a shot when I didn't just wake up! Calc is pretty cool.

@SGF
Love the XKCD signature. ;)
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@Tos97, showing my false start for the lulz. ∫(1+cos(x))/(x+sin(x))dx = ∫dx/(x + sinx)+∫cos(x)/(x+sinx)dx Five (!!) years ago, I could've done this without u-sub, but I'm a newb again, now, so: u = x + sinx du = (1 + cosx) dx ...wait a second. ∫(1+cos(x))/(x+sin(x))dx = ∫du/u = ln|u| + C [honestly don't remember if it's ln(u) or ln|u| doesitevenmatter*] = ln|x + sin(x)| + C *Yes, it matters because I'd hate to take the log of a negative. Or zero. My turn! [rubs hands and cackles] [quote=I] ∫e^(2x)cos(2x)dx [/quote]
@Tos97, showing my false start for the lulz.

∫(1+cos(x))/(x+sin(x))dx
= ∫dx/(x + sinx)+∫cos(x)/(x+sinx)dx

Five (!!) years ago, I could've done this without u-sub, but I'm a newb again, now, so:

u = x + sinx
du = (1 + cosx) dx

...wait a second.

∫(1+cos(x))/(x+sin(x))dx
= ∫du/u
= ln|u| + C [honestly don't remember if it's ln(u) or ln|u| doesitevenmatter*]
= ln|x + sin(x)| + C

*Yes, it matters because I'd hate to take the log of a negative. Or zero.

My turn! [rubs hands and cackles]
I wrote:
∫e^(2x)cos(2x)dx
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
1 2 3