Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [TCC-Game] Pass Me A Riddle
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[center][img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/Arista_Holmes/Header_zpsqri7jdkk.png[/img][/center] You hear a low buzzing sound of a machine running, and approach the small building cautiously. The storm raging over head does not bring you comfort, and the occasional flash of lightning barely illuminates the area before it is absorbed by a lightning rod on the roof of the structure you are currently considering entering. Another roll of thunder sends you seeking shelter, and you enter through the unlocked door that is flapping and banging loudly in the strong winds. [center][i]You might think you know me, but that's where you're wrong, For many alike have pondered me long. My secret is simple, but locked up tight, You hold the key, it’s in your sight. What am I?[/i][/center] A small blue fae is flittering around a computer screen that she had somehow brought to life, presumably on the tenuous thread of power gained from the lightning rod on the roof. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22781044] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/227811/22781044_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] It after a moment or two the machine repeated it’s rhyme, drawing a low rumble of complaint from the fae who seemed to be trying to repair it. You watch her for a moment as she darts around the room, picking up tools and pulling at wires, muttering to herself as angrily as any fae can manage, and if you could understand the rapid fluctuations of her head crests, her mood would be revealed as absolutely livid. You shift uneasily, debating against facing the irate dragon, or returning to the dangerous looking storm outside… in the dark… but your movement draws her attention and she glances up at you suddenly. Despite her breeds affinity for monotonous speech, she somehow manages to snarl at the interruption, her wings and head-crests fluttering in stress induced agitation. “You! Who are you? What are you doing in here? Can’t you see I’m busy? There’s a Carnival to run and no power, and to top it all off some [b]bright spark[/b] has encoded the system passwords as riddles… RIDDLES!” [center][i]Input; Riddle Answer; Correct. Access to level one programs; Granted.[/i][/center] The computer’s response to her rant halted the small fae’s words. The screw driver that had been grasped in her paws as she hovered a foot or three from the ground clattered to the floor loudly, and the small blue creature froze, her mouth hanging open in shock for a long moment, before she sighed. “I hate riddles…”
Header_zpsqri7jdkk.png

You hear a low buzzing sound of a machine running, and approach the small building cautiously. The storm raging over head does not bring you comfort, and the occasional flash of lightning barely illuminates the area before it is absorbed by a lightning rod on the roof of the structure you are currently considering entering.

Another roll of thunder sends you seeking shelter, and you enter through the unlocked door that is flapping and banging loudly in the strong winds.

You might think you know me, but that's where you're wrong,
For many alike have pondered me long.
My secret is simple, but locked up tight,
You hold the key, it’s in your sight.
What am I?

A small blue fae is flittering around a computer screen that she had somehow brought to life, presumably on the tenuous thread of power gained from the lightning rod on the roof.

It after a moment or two the machine repeated it’s rhyme, drawing a low rumble of complaint from the fae who seemed to be trying to repair it.

You watch her for a moment as she darts around the room, picking up tools and pulling at wires, muttering to herself as angrily as any fae can manage, and if you could understand the rapid fluctuations of her head crests, her mood would be revealed as absolutely livid.

You shift uneasily, debating against facing the irate dragon, or returning to the dangerous looking storm outside… in the dark… but your movement draws her attention and she glances up at you suddenly.

Despite her breeds affinity for monotonous speech, she somehow manages to snarl at the interruption, her wings and head-crests fluttering in stress induced agitation.

“You! Who are you? What are you doing in here? Can’t you see I’m busy? There’s a Carnival to run and no power, and to top it all off some bright spark has encoded the system passwords as riddles… RIDDLES!”

Input; Riddle

Answer; Correct.

Access to level one programs; Granted.

The computer’s response to her rant halted the small fae’s words. The screw driver that had been grasped in her paws as she hovered a foot or three from the ground clattered to the floor loudly, and the small blue creature froze, her mouth hanging open in shock for a long moment, before she sighed.

“I hate riddles…”
Self Published Author
My debut novel 'Changeling' is available in all formats now!

I also have an in-development Interactive Fiction game.
Check out it's Development Blog on Tumblr.
[center][img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/Arista_Holmes/howtoplay_zpsah6zddgx.png[/img][/center] The small fae drifted over the the front of the machine and tapped at a few buttons before shaking her head and turning to you. “You wanna enjoy the carnival, right? How about you help me try and get the power back online so we can get those robots back under control…” She waits until you agree with a hesitant nod, before her head crests perk up in a clear sign of happiness, or maybe relief. “Brilliant… There’s another fourteen layers of security designed to stop something like this blackout from happening, and someone has got in and changed all the passwords to riddles… I’m rubbish at riddles, so I’m going to need your help to solve them” she explained. “Once we manage to unlock a layer I’ll need some time to go into the system and see what, if anything, has been changed and then repair it so we’ll only be able to unlock two security levels a day, one in the morning and one in the evening, but if you can help me solve it I’ll see what I can do about…. Reimbursing you somehow…” She paused and glanced around the room considering, and shook her head. “Look, I can’t do anything here until you work out the next password, so I’ll leave the instructions here on a piece of parchment, and pop back a couple of times a day.” With that decision made, she pulled out a sheet of parchment and a small skydancer feather quill, unscrewed a small bottle of ink and began scribbling information down. [center][img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/Arista_Holmes/rules_zpsro6sdgpv.png[/img][/center] [LIST] [*]Two Riddles can be solved per day; One will be available at [u]approximately[/u] 2am FRT and the other will become available at [u]approximately[/u] 2pm FRT. [*]You can PM me with one guess per riddle. Please do not post your guesses in thread. You can discuss the riddles, but final guesses must be sent via PM. [*] PM's containing your guesses must have the subject line [u][b]TCC Pass Me A Riddle[/b][/u]. This is just to make sure your entries don't get lost in my inbox. [*]All correct guesses will be sent a small lightning themes prize (subject to availability). [*] All correct guesses will be entered into a raffle where one name will be drawn to win a single, larger, daily prize. Each Riddle will have their raffle winner drawn after the next riddle is posted. [*] At approximately 2am FRT daily, the previous riddles and their answers will be posted. [*] If you would like to be added to the ping list to let you know when the next riddle goes up, just let me know. [center][u][b]FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS[/b][/u][/center] [b]I've won a previous riddle raffle, can I still submit answers to future riddles?[/b] [center][i]Absolutely. Because the winner for the main prize per riddle is drawn by a RNG, instead of first come first serve, or 'most correct answers' , I see no reason to restrict entries based on previous wins.[/i][/center] [b]I have heard this riddle before and know what the answer is so my guess isn't really a guess. Am I still allowed to enter this round?[/b] [center][i]If course you are! Technician needs all the help she can get unclogging the systems, so if you're sure of an answer, she'd love your assistance. You are clearly well prepared for an impromptu Robot Uprising![/i][/center] [b]I've guessed several riddles in a row correctly. Does this impact other players changes of winning?[/b] [center][i]No it doesn't. When designing this game I wanted to give everyone who guessed correctly a small something for playing (hence the mini lightning themes items), but only having one main prize per riddle meant the fairest option was a raffle. The winner of each round is drawn by a Random Number Generator meaning that even if there are over 100 correct entries, everyone has an equally fair chance at winning that main prize.[/i][/center]
howtoplay_zpsah6zddgx.png

The small fae drifted over the the front of the machine and tapped at a few buttons before shaking her head and turning to you.

“You wanna enjoy the carnival, right? How about you help me try and get the power back online so we can get those robots back under control…”

She waits until you agree with a hesitant nod, before her head crests perk up in a clear sign of happiness, or maybe relief.

“Brilliant… There’s another fourteen layers of security designed to stop something like this blackout from happening, and someone has got in and changed all the passwords to riddles… I’m rubbish at riddles, so I’m going to need your help to solve them” she explained.

“Once we manage to unlock a layer I’ll need some time to go into the system and see what, if anything, has been changed and then repair it so we’ll only be able to unlock two security levels a day, one in the morning and one in the evening, but if you can help me solve it I’ll see what I can do about…. Reimbursing you somehow…”

She paused and glanced around the room considering, and shook her head.

“Look, I can’t do anything here until you work out the next password, so I’ll leave the instructions here on a piece of parchment, and pop back a couple of times a day.”

With that decision made, she pulled out a sheet of parchment and a small skydancer feather quill, unscrewed a small bottle of ink and began scribbling information down.

rules_zpsro6sdgpv.png

• Two Riddles can be solved per day; One will be available at approximately 2am FRT and the other will become available at approximately 2pm FRT.

• You can PM me with one guess per riddle. Please do not post your guesses in thread. You can discuss the riddles, but final guesses must be sent via PM.

• PM's containing your guesses must have the subject line TCC Pass Me A Riddle. This is just to make sure your entries don't get lost in my inbox.

• All correct guesses will be sent a small lightning themes prize (subject to availability).

• All correct guesses will be entered into a raffle where one name will be drawn to win a single, larger, daily prize. Each Riddle will have their raffle winner drawn after the next riddle is posted.

• At approximately 2am FRT daily, the previous riddles and their answers will be posted.

• If you would like to be added to the ping list to let you know when the next riddle goes up, just let me know.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

I've won a previous riddle raffle, can I still submit answers to future riddles?
    Absolutely. Because the winner for the main prize per riddle is drawn by a RNG, instead of first come first serve, or 'most correct answers' , I see no reason to restrict entries based on previous wins.

I have heard this riddle before and know what the answer is so my guess isn't really a guess. Am I still allowed to enter this round?
    If course you are! Technician needs all the help she can get unclogging the systems, so if you're sure of an answer, she'd love your assistance.
    You are clearly well prepared for an impromptu Robot Uprising!

I've guessed several riddles in a row correctly. Does this impact other players changes of winning?
    No it doesn't. When designing this game I wanted to give everyone who guessed correctly a small something for playing (hence the mini lightning themes items), but only having one main prize per riddle meant the fairest option was a raffle.
    The winner of each round is drawn by a Random Number Generator meaning that even if there are over 100 correct entries, everyone has an equally fair chance at winning that main prize.
Self Published Author

[center][img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/Arista_Holmes/current_zpskpymeeis.png[/img] Now that the workers have access to all 15 levels of security, the room is filled with Fae, all wearing miniature toolkits, and flittering in and out of the devices as they rush to get everything up and running again before Bossdad notices the drop in productivity. The soft buzz of live wires and the monotonous mutterings of several dozen dragons fills the air, as Technician floats towards you. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22781044] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/227811/22781044_350.png[/img] [/url] "Thank you for spending the Carnivale helping me to crack the robot's riddles!" she chirps, head-crests fluttering, "We couldn't have done it without you! I've got to go, we have to get the systems back online ready for the Monday Morning shift!"
current_zpskpymeeis.png

Now that the workers have access to all 15 levels of security, the room is filled with Fae, all wearing miniature toolkits, and flittering in and out of the devices as they rush to get everything up and running again before Bossdad notices the drop in productivity.

The soft buzz of live wires and the monotonous mutterings of several dozen dragons fills the air, as Technician floats towards you.

22781044_350.png

"Thank you for spending the Carnivale helping me to crack the robot's riddles!" she chirps, head-crests fluttering, "We couldn't have done it without you! I've got to go, we have to get the systems back online ready for the Monday Morning shift!"

Self Published Author

[center][img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/Arista_Holmes/previous_zpsy6r0hreq.png[/img] [u][b]Including the Correct Answers & Honorable Mentions[/b][/u][/center] [center][b]Security Level 2:[/b] "We are little airy creatures, All of different voice and features; One of us in glass is set, One of us you’ll find in jet. T’other you may see in tin, And the fourth a box within. If the fifth you should pursue, It can never fly from you." [i]Input; Vowels Password; Correct. Access to level 2 programs; Granted.[/i] [/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I had some brilliant answers that weren't the correct ones, but I felt deserved some recognition, so here are some honorable mentions. [quote=Tigress Rising] My answer to the riddle is Group IV of the Periodic Table! Namely, the Carbon family, consisting of carbon, silicon, germanium, tin, and lead. Carbon can be found in the air as CO2 (plus jet is a lignite, a precursor to coal, which is basically carbon), silicon (sand) is used in glassmaking, tin is one of the elements listed, germanium was once used in computers until silicon was proven to be superior, and lead is very dense. Plus one of the defining features of this periodic group is that the elements are all so different from each other, which fits the second line of the riddle. [/quote] [quote=Stanari] Baldwin Familiars [/quote] [quote=Amariel] plasma / electric arc [/quote] [quote=Stanzascale] Fly [/quote] [quote=Saraceaser] A Smoke Gyre [/quote] [quote=RemanLT] Birds [/quote] The raffle winner for this riddle is @Beargirl1393. Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items listed in the prize post below, or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 3:[/b] "The part of the bird, that's not in the sky, Can swim in the ocean, but always stay dry. What is it?" [i]Input; It's Reflection/Shadow Password; Correct. Access to level 3 programs; Granted.[/i] [/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions! I love how people come to such different an interesting answers with the same riddle... [quote=KraalofBhaga] Hey! I was thinking that this would be the embryo ^^; The unborn bird obviously can't fly, but it CAN float (swim) in the egg, and technically it stays dry and protected from the ocean while inside its shell! [/quote] [quote=Saraceasar] The Crow's Nest of a Ship? I only say this because, well, it's not technically in the sky, and it's a bird's nest. Plus, a boat can 'swim in the ocean', but still day dry. [/quote] [quote=DividedAnimus] Oil? Some birds like ospreys produce oil to cover their feathers so they don't get waterlogged while fishing. [/quote] [quote=Kvon] Rib Maybe? The letters are in bird, ribs of a ship stay dry... [/quote] [quote=RemanLT] I'm guessing the answer is down. If I'm remembering right, ducks can swim in the water all day and dry off quickly, plus down isn't exactly something you would find in the sky. [/quote] The raffle winner for this riddle is @Felistopaz. Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items listed in the prize post below, or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 4:[/b] What can run but never walks, Has a mouth but never talks, Has a head but never weeps, Has a bed but never sleeps? [i]Input; A River Password; Correct. Access to level 4 programs; Granted.[/i] [/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions! I love how people come to such different an interesting answers with the same riddle... [quote=Wowfish] A 24/7 marathon runner. Too tired to talk, too dehydrated to cry. They can't sleep but they can dream... [/quote] [quote=Saraceasar] A Mechanical Toy? They technically are always 'running' so they can never really 'walk', and they have both mouth and head but probably can't talk not weep, and because they're toys they don't really 'sleep'. [/quote] The raffle winner for this riddle is @LadyKnightKatsa. Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 5:[/b] "I am the beginning of the end, and the end of every place. I am the beginning of eternity, and the end of time and space. What am I?" [i]Input; The Letter "E" Password; Correct. Access to level 5 programs; Granted.[/i] [/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I just have the one honourable mention this time... Something tells me most of you had heard this classic riddle before ^_^ [quote=VioletWhirlwind] I'm gonna take a wild guess and say "death" [/quote] The raffle winner for this riddle is @Starrunner101. Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 6:[/b] What does man love more than life? Fear more than death or mortal strife? What the poor have and the rich require, and what contented men desire? What the miser spends, the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to their graves? [center][i]Input; Nothing Password; Correct. Access to level 6 programs; Granted.[/i][/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions... [quote=ThalassaTheBlue] I rather think the answer to this one ought to be time. People want to hold on to it, but fear it will change things and take away what they love; the poor have as much time in the world as anyone else, but all the rich person's money can't buy them any more; someone content with their life as it is still wants time in this life to enjoy it; the miser spends time on their wealth and the spendthrift saves time by not insisting on the long cheaper way; and in time all men go to the grave in time. [/quote] [quote=Saraceaser]Pride, maybe? All men hold their Pride and and guard it to their death, and the poor know the meaning of Pride while the rich still try and find it. Pride is also a fearful thing, since it can be the downfall of a man, but can also be the strength of him. Some just cast their Pride away quickly in face of decisions they are willing to make, and it's one of the deepest and most hard to rout things about Mankind.[/quote] The raffle winner for this riddle is @Sinousine. Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 7:[/b] Force and strength cannot get through, what I, with a gentle touch, can do. And many in the street would stand, were I not a friend at hand. What am I? [center][i]Input; A Key Password; Correct. Access to level 7 programs; Granted.[/i][/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions... [quote=Stanzascale] I swear I've heard this one before, but I can't figure what the perfect answer is. So I'll guess 'the sun'. Because I remember this story about the sun and wind competing to get a man to remove his coat. So the wind blew and blew, getting nowhere. The sun just gently began to shine, and won. (I also considered 'a smile' or 'friendship' as possibilities, continuing on the idea of gentleness.) [/quote] [quote=MidNightTiger]I'm gonna guess...death?[/quote] [quote=Kvon]a walk signal at the crosswalk[/quote] [quote=RemanLT]I'm going to take a wild guess here and say its a cat?[/quote] [quote=Daera]Light is my answer. It doesn't fully fit but it's the best I can come up with before I go to sleep XD Light passes through anything that is opaque/clear and without it, there would be no life so nothing would be able to stand.[/quote] [quote=Saraceaser]Gravity Because it's a force that's in all things, no matter how strong the force or strength is. And it also keeps every rooted to the ground, lest we all just float off the face of the planet.[/quote] The raffle winner for this riddle is @NicoleEirin. Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! There may be a slight delay in the sending as I'm waiting on sinousine's selection. [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 8:[/b] Until I am measured, I am not known. Yet how you miss me, When I have flown. What am I? [center][i]Input; Time Password; Correct. Access to level 8 programs; Granted.[/i][/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! The raffle winner for this riddle is @dividedAnimus Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 9:[/b] I have streets but no pavement, I have cities but no buildings, I have forests but no trees, I have rivers yet no water. What am I ? [center][i]Input; A Map Password; Correct. Access to level 9 programs; Granted.[/i][/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions to share... [quote=ThalassatheBlue] The ruins of a dead city, where the river is just a dried out riverbed and the forest died for lack of water and the buildings are gone, leaving only ruins where they had been. [/quote] [quote=Starrunner101] Photos 'cause when you take pictures of forests of rivers, the trees and water don't exist in the photo [/quote] [quote=Mycologist] My guess is a circuit board [/quote] [quote=VioletWhirlwind] I'ma guess Earth from above/space. If seen from high enough, (think satellite photos) you can see things like forests and cities, but can't see the individual things that make them up. [/quote] [quote=Larkuo, via Valyrie] I was telling my husband this riddle just a minute ago and he guessed a painting. I told him that he was close because I'd definitely hang the answer on a wall, but that is was a little more practically/physically useful than a painting. [/quote] The raffle winner for this riddle is @WaffleRocket Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 10:[/b] My name's synonymous for my face, Which holds anything but grace. With an unblinking glare, that gives children a scare. When winged I lack flight, If fanged I can't bite, I've claws that don't scratch, And my siblings rarely match. Perched with a look of disdain, I vomit the rain and for a millennia I stay, until weathered away. What am I? [center][i]Input; A Gargoyle Password; Correct. Access to level 10 programs; Granted.[/i][/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions to share... [quote=Stormheart208] A Penguin? It has a wings, but it lacks flight, and if given fangs, if can't bite, because it has a beak. It has claws, but they don't scratch, and penguin hatchlings always look unique. [/quote] [quote=Arashiyama] Thunderclouds? Because they're dark, scare kids with thunder, and 'vomit rain' [/quote] [quote=Saraceaser] Fog/Mist? Because it's basically a cloud on the ground, it can 'fly' and became you can't see through it very well, it can scare children with visions of strange monsters. Because it's clouds, it can 'vomit' rain, until it evaporates away. [/quote] The raffle winner for this riddle is @KathiraNarae Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 11:[/b] Deep, dark, underground, That is the place where I'll be found. Yet brought into the light of day, I sprinkle sunlight every which way. Though dulled with oil I will be found, I am remarkably well and thoroughly sound. Cut me quick and it will be seen, That I instantly have a marvelous sheen. What am I? [center][i]Input; A Diamond Password; Correct. Access to level 11 programs; Granted.[/i][/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions to share... [quote=KathiraNarae] I did end up thinking of group 1 of the periodic table. Sodium, potassium, etc. Those guys. Like gemstones (and, indeed, most metals) they are found as ores underground. When brought up into the air, they will usually catch fire. Dunked in water, they outright explode, and I for one would compare fires and explosions with sunlight. Also, samples are kept in oil to prevent them from reacting with the water in the air. But they will still react to an extent and gain a dull sheen over them that belies the typical shininess of most metals that will be revealed once cut open. [/quote] [quote=Ragnarok42] A Geode, maybe? You find them underground, They're grey and just mostly look like regular rocks on the outside, and they're full of shiny gems when you cut them open. [/quote] Quite a few people guessed "Gem" or "Gemstone". Unfortunately, the nature of this particular riddle meant it needed a specific answer. Diamond. [i]Though dulled with oil I will be found, [/i] - Refers to the carbon pressure that causes the formation of a Diamond. [i]I am remarkably well and thoroughly sound. [/i] refers to the Diamond being the strongest gemstone in the world. The raffle winner for this riddle is @Azure Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 12:[/b] Coloured as a maiden tweaked, time was naught when I began; through the garden I was sneaked, I alone am the fall of man. What am I? [center][i]Input; An Apple Password; Correct. Access to level 12 programs; Granted.[/i][/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions to share... [quote=Saraceaser] Autumn/Fall? Because it's chilly and all the tree's leaves turn reddish like the cheeks of a Maiden, and every year Fall comes into season. That, and it affects gardens slowly, and it's the 'Fall of Man'. [/quote] [quote=RemanLT] I think the answer is a snake [/quote] [quote=Stanzascale (SO CLOSE!!!)] I don't expect it to be right, but my guess is 'curiosity' as personified by the tempter's apple from the tree of knowledge. [/quote] As I was unaware of the dispute over what KIND of fruit appeared in the biblical story, I was also accepting answers of "Forbidden fruit from the garden of Eden" as well as the standard "Apple". The raffle winner for this riddle is @Arietta Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 13:[/b] With pointed fangs it sits in wait, With piercing force it doles out fate, Over bloodless victims proclaiming its might, Eternally joining in a single bite. What is it? [center][i]Input; A Stapler Password; Correct. Access to level 13 programs; Granted.[/i][/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions to share... [quote=Daera] Autumn/Fall? A Vampire? They have pointy fangs and when they bite, their victims become bloodless. Some myths state that a single bite is enough to change a person into a vampire. [/quote] [quote=Stormheart208] Sin? Because Sin sits in wait for people to fall into its trap, its force is great and it sort of doles out fate in people. The 'over bloodless victims proclaiming its might' part, I'm not sure how Sin fits in, and same goes for the last line. But overall I think Sin still fits in the best [/quote] [quote=CinnabarCobra] Guillotine [/quote] The raffle winner for this riddle is @MagpieScholar Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 14:[/b] Can you tell what rhymes with moon, and could be written on a page, or on a rock for age on age, this ancient letter tell me soon! [center][i]Input; Rune Password; Correct. Access to level 14 programs; Granted.[/i][/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have another honourable mention to share... [quote=Saraceaser] The Greek Letter Nu? The reason I say this is because it can technically rhyme with Moon, and it's an ancient language people have studied since Greek times. [/quote] The raffle winner for this riddle is @Equilux Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center] [center][b]Security Level 15:[/b] It cannot be seen, cannot be felt. Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills, and empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, Ends life, kills laughter. [center][i]Input; Darkness Password; Correct. Access to level 15 programs; Granted.[/i][/center] [center][img]http://files.sharenator.com/funny_pictures_the_army_of_darkness_is_rather_cute-s500x450-84138.jpg[/img] (Image Courtesy of Azure)[/center] Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some final honourable mentions to share... [quote=Saraceaser] Time? Because time is the beginning and the end for everything, especially when you're having fun [/quote] [quote=dividedAnimus] Is it maybe silence, or void? [/quote] [quote=Kapara] The shade [/quote] [quote=LexiLopezi] I'm guessing space! [/quote] [quote=RemanLT] Is it a shadow? [/quote] [quote=Fallenarrow] The unknown. [/quote] [quote=ThisOneIsBlue] Silence [/quote] [quote=Stanari] Vacuum [/quote] The raffle winner for this riddle is @VioletWhirlwind Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items [u]listed in the prize post below[/u], or a Lightning Egg! [center]____________________________________________________[/center]
previous_zpsy6r0hreq.png
Including the Correct Answers & Honorable Mentions

Security Level 2:

"We are little airy creatures,
All of different voice and features;
One of us in glass is set,
One of us you’ll find in jet.
T’other you may see in tin,
And the fourth a box within.
If the fifth you should pursue,
It can never fly from you."

Input; Vowels

Password; Correct.

Access to level 2 programs; Granted.

Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I had some brilliant answers that weren't the correct ones, but I felt deserved some recognition, so here are some honorable mentions.
Tigress Rising wrote:
My answer to the riddle is Group IV of the Periodic Table! Namely, the Carbon family, consisting of carbon, silicon, germanium, tin, and lead. Carbon can be found in the air as CO2 (plus jet is a lignite, a precursor to coal, which is basically carbon), silicon (sand) is used in glassmaking, tin is one of the elements listed, germanium was once used in computers until silicon was proven to be superior, and lead is very dense. Plus one of the defining features of this periodic group is that the elements are all so different from each other, which fits the second line of the riddle.
Stanari wrote:
Baldwin Familiars
Amariel wrote:
plasma / electric arc
Stanzascale wrote:
Fly
Saraceaser wrote:
A Smoke Gyre
RemanLT wrote:
Birds

The raffle winner for this riddle is @Beargirl1393.
Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items listed in the prize post below, or a Lightning Egg!

Security Level 3:

"The part of the bird, that's not in the sky,
Can swim in the ocean, but always stay dry.
What is it?"

Input; It's Reflection/Shadow

Password; Correct.

Access to level 3 programs; Granted.

Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions! I love how people come to such different an interesting answers with the same riddle...
KraalofBhaga wrote:
Hey! I was thinking that this would be the embryo ^^;
The unborn bird obviously can't fly, but it CAN float (swim) in the egg, and technically it stays dry and protected from the ocean while inside its shell!
Saraceasar wrote:
The Crow's Nest of a Ship?
I only say this because, well, it's not technically in the sky, and it's a bird's nest. Plus, a boat can 'swim in the ocean', but still day dry.
DividedAnimus wrote:
Oil? Some birds like ospreys produce oil to cover their feathers so they don't get waterlogged while fishing.
Kvon wrote:
Rib
Maybe? The letters are in bird, ribs of a ship stay dry...
RemanLT wrote:
I'm guessing the answer is down. If I'm remembering right, ducks can swim in the water all day and dry off quickly, plus down isn't exactly something you would find in the sky.

The raffle winner for this riddle is @Felistopaz.
Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items listed in the prize post below, or a Lightning Egg!

Security Level 4:

What can run but never walks,
Has a mouth but never talks,
Has a head but never weeps,
Has a bed but never sleeps?

Input; A River

Password; Correct.

Access to level 4 programs; Granted.

Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions! I love how people come to such different an interesting answers with the same riddle...
Wowfish wrote:
A 24/7 marathon runner. Too tired to talk, too dehydrated to cry. They can't sleep but they can dream...
Saraceasar wrote:
A Mechanical Toy?

They technically are always 'running' so they can never really 'walk', and they have both mouth and head but probably can't talk not weep, and because they're toys they don't really 'sleep'.

The raffle winner for this riddle is @LadyKnightKatsa.

Security Level 5:

"I am the beginning of the end, and the end of every place.
I am the beginning of eternity, and the end of time and space.
What am I?"

Input; The Letter "E"

Password; Correct.

Access to level 5 programs; Granted.

Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I just have the one honourable mention this time... Something tells me most of you had heard this classic riddle before ^_^
VioletWhirlwind wrote:
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say "death"

The raffle winner for this riddle is @Starrunner101.

Security Level 6:

What does man love more than life?
Fear more than death or mortal strife?
What the poor have and the rich require,
and what contented men desire?
What the miser spends, the spendthrift saves,
and all men carry to their graves?

Input; Nothing

Password; Correct.

Access to level 6 programs; Granted.

Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions...
ThalassaTheBlue wrote:
I rather think the answer to this one ought to be time. People want to hold on to it, but fear it will change things and take away what they love; the poor have as much time in the world as anyone else, but all the rich person's money can't buy them any more; someone content with their life as it is still wants time in this life to enjoy it; the miser spends time on their wealth and the spendthrift saves time by not insisting on the long cheaper way; and in time all men go to the grave in time.
Saraceaser wrote:
Pride, maybe?

All men hold their Pride and and guard it to their death, and the poor know the meaning of Pride while the rich still try and find it. Pride is also a fearful thing, since it can be the downfall of a man, but can also be the strength of him. Some just cast their Pride away quickly in face of decisions they are willing to make, and it's one of the deepest and most hard to rout things about Mankind.

The raffle winner for this riddle is @Sinousine.

Security Level 7:

Force and strength cannot get through,
what I, with a gentle touch, can do.
And many in the street would stand,
were I not a friend at hand.

What am I?

Input; A Key

Password; Correct.

Access to level 7 programs; Granted.

Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions...
Stanzascale wrote:
I swear I've heard this one before, but I can't figure what the perfect answer is.

So I'll guess 'the sun'.
Because I remember this story about the sun and wind competing to get a man to remove his coat. So the wind blew and blew, getting nowhere. The sun just gently began to shine, and won.

(I also considered 'a smile' or 'friendship' as possibilities, continuing on the idea of gentleness.)
MidNightTiger wrote:
I'm gonna guess...death?
Kvon wrote:
a walk signal at the crosswalk
RemanLT wrote:
I'm going to take a wild guess here and say its a cat?
Daera wrote:
Light is my answer. It doesn't fully fit but it's the best I can come up with before I go to sleep XD Light passes through anything that is opaque/clear and without it, there would be no life so nothing would be able to stand.
Saraceaser wrote:
Gravity

Because it's a force that's in all things, no matter how strong the force or strength is. And it also keeps every rooted to the ground, lest we all just float off the face of the planet.

The raffle winner for this riddle is @NicoleEirin.
Please either ping me here or send me a PM to choose one of the 2015 retired items listed in the prize post below, or a Lightning Egg! There may be a slight delay in the sending as I'm waiting on sinousine's selection.

Security Level 8:

Until I am measured,
I am not known.
Yet how you miss me,
When I have flown.

What am I?

Input; Time

Password; Correct.

Access to level 8 programs; Granted.

Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly!

The raffle winner for this riddle is @dividedAnimus

Security Level 9:

I have streets but no pavement,
I have cities but no buildings,
I have forests but no trees,
I have rivers yet no water.

What am I ?

Input; A Map

Password; Correct.

Access to level 9 programs; Granted.

Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions to share...
ThalassatheBlue wrote:
The ruins of a dead city, where the river is just a dried out riverbed and the forest died for lack of water and the buildings are gone, leaving only ruins where they had been.

Starrunner101 wrote:
Photos

'cause when you take pictures of forests of rivers, the trees and water don't exist in the photo

Mycologist wrote:
My guess is a circuit board

VioletWhirlwind wrote:
I'ma guess Earth from above/space. If seen from high enough, (think satellite photos) you can see things like forests and cities, but can't see the individual things that make them up.

Larkuo, via Valyrie wrote:
I was telling my husband this riddle just a minute ago and he guessed a painting. I told him that he was close because I'd definitely hang the answer on a wall, but that is was a little more practically/physically useful than a painting.

The raffle winner for this riddle is @WaffleRocket

Security Level 10:

My name's synonymous for my face,
Which holds anything but grace.
With an unblinking glare,
that gives children a scare.

When winged I lack flight,
If fanged I can't bite,
I've claws that don't scratch,
And my siblings rarely match.

Perched with a look of disdain, I vomit the rain
and for a millennia I stay, until weathered away.

What am I?

Input; A Gargoyle

Password; Correct.

Access to level 10 programs; Granted.

Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some more honourable mentions to share...
Stormheart208 wrote:
A Penguin? It has a wings, but it lacks flight, and if given fangs, if can't bite, because it has a beak. It has claws, but they don't scratch, and penguin hatchlings always look unique.

Arashiyama wrote:
Thunderclouds? Because they're dark, scare kids with thunder, and 'vomit rain'

Saraceaser wrote:
Fog/Mist?

Because it's basically a cloud on the ground, it can 'fly' and became you can't see through it very well, it can scare children with visions of strange monsters. Because it's clouds, it can 'vomit' rain, until it evaporates away.

The raffle winner for this riddle is @KathiraNarae

Security Level 11:

Deep, dark, underground,
That is the place where I'll be found.
Yet brought into the light of day,
I sprinkle sunlight every which way.
Though dulled with oil I will be found,
I am remarkably well and thoroughly sound.
Cut me quick and it will be seen,
That I instantly have a marvelous sheen.

What am I?

Input; A Diamond

Password; Correct.

Access to level 11 programs; Granted.

KathiraNarae wrote:
I did end up thinking of group 1 of the periodic table. Sodium, potassium, etc. Those guys. Like gemstones (and, indeed, most metals) they are found as ores underground. When brought up into the air, they will usually catch fire. Dunked in water, they outright explode, and I for one would compare fires and explosions with sunlight. Also, samples are kept in oil to prevent them from reacting with the water in the air. But they will still react to an extent and gain a dull sheen over them that belies the typical shininess of most metals that will be revealed once cut open.

Ragnarok42 wrote:
A Geode, maybe?
You find them underground, They're grey and just mostly look like regular rocks on the outside, and they're full of shiny gems when you cut them open.

Quite a few people guessed "Gem" or "Gemstone". Unfortunately, the nature of this particular riddle meant it needed a specific answer. Diamond.
Though dulled with oil I will be found, - Refers to the carbon pressure that causes the formation of a Diamond.
I am remarkably well and thoroughly sound. refers to the Diamond being the strongest gemstone in the world.

The raffle winner for this riddle is @Azure

Security Level 12:

Coloured as a maiden tweaked,
time was naught when I began;
through the garden I was sneaked,
I alone am the fall of man.

What am I?

Input; An Apple

Password; Correct.

Access to level 12 programs; Granted.

Saraceaser wrote:
Autumn/Fall?

Because it's chilly and all the tree's leaves turn reddish like the cheeks of a Maiden, and every year Fall comes into season. That, and it affects gardens slowly, and it's the 'Fall of Man'.

RemanLT wrote:
I think the answer is a snake
Stanzascale (SO CLOSE!!!) wrote:
I don't expect it to be right, but my guess is 'curiosity' as personified by the tempter's apple from the tree of knowledge.

As I was unaware of the dispute over what KIND of fruit appeared in the biblical story, I was also accepting answers of "Forbidden fruit from the garden of Eden" as well as the standard "Apple".

The raffle winner for this riddle is @Arietta

Security Level 13:

With pointed fangs it sits in wait,
With piercing force it doles out fate,
Over bloodless victims proclaiming its might,
Eternally joining in a single bite.

What is it?

Input; A Stapler

Password; Correct.

Access to level 13 programs; Granted.

Daera wrote:
Autumn/Fall?

A Vampire? They have pointy fangs and when they bite, their victims become bloodless. Some myths state that a single bite is enough to change a person into a vampire.

Stormheart208 wrote:
Sin? Because Sin sits in wait for people to fall into its trap, its force is great and it sort of doles out fate in people. The 'over bloodless victims proclaiming its might' part, I'm not sure how Sin fits in, and same goes for the last line. But overall I think Sin still fits in the best
CinnabarCobra wrote:
Guillotine

The raffle winner for this riddle is @MagpieScholar

Security Level 14:

Can you tell what rhymes with moon,
and could be written on a page,
or on a rock for age on age,
this ancient letter tell me soon!

Input; Rune

Password; Correct.

Access to level 14 programs; Granted.

Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have another honourable mention to share...
Saraceaser wrote:
The Greek Letter Nu?

The reason I say this is because it can technically rhyme with Moon, and it's an ancient language people have studied since Greek times.

The raffle winner for this riddle is @Equilux

Security Level 15:

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt.
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
and empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

Input; Darkness

Password; Correct.

Access to level 15 programs; Granted.

funny_pictures_the_army_of_darkness_is_rather_cute-s500x450-84138.jpg
(Image Courtesy of Azure)

Congratulations to everyone who guessed correctly! I have some final honourable mentions to share...
Saraceaser wrote:
Time?

Because time is the beginning and the end for everything, especially when you're having fun
dividedAnimus wrote:
Is it maybe silence, or void?
Kapara wrote:
The shade
LexiLopezi wrote:
I'm guessing space!
RemanLT wrote:
Is it a shadow?
Fallenarrow wrote:
The unknown.
ThisOneIsBlue wrote:
Silence
Stanari wrote:
Vacuum

The raffle winner for this riddle is @VioletWhirlwind

[center][img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/Arista_Holmes/prizes_zpsezjcpuxy.png[/img][/center] Every correct answer sent in will receive a small, lightning themed prize (As long as stocks last) Small, lightning themes prizes [u]could be any one of[/u] the following; [center][Item=meal moth] // [Item=High-Voltage Almonds] // [item=Electric Stingers] [s]lightning runestone // storm seeker // Swift volt Charged Stormcatcher Sackdoll // [/s] [item=Stormcatcher Scrap Metal Welding] // [item=Toolbox][/center] Every correct answer will also be entered into a mini raffle. There will be two potential prizes for each riddle, either a Lightning Egg or a retired Skin/Accent/Apparel/Familiar from last year's TCC. The winner, who will be draw via Random.org, will be able to choose whether they'd rather have the egg or a retired item. Large Prizes available: [center][item=Lightning Lancer]x1 [s]Mesa Mechanojets[/s]x0 [item=Unhatched Lightning Egg] [skin=11970]x1 [skin=11971]x1 [s]Accent: Dancing Conductor[/s] x0 [skin=11973]x1 [skin=11974]x1 [skin=11975]x1 [skin=11976]x1 [skin=11977]x1 [skin=11978]x1 [skin=11979]x1 [skin=11980]x1 [s]Skin: Circuit Breaker[/s] x0 Raffle Tickets Log and Draw History can be found here: [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZK_ftPGhxvImhKHArzS9eKv6dyF8Y1vu3QwaM9cmHeM/edit?usp=sharing][img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/Arista_Holmes/Spread_zpskap2ehmo.png[/img][/url] [/center]
prizes_zpsezjcpuxy.png

Every correct answer sent in will receive a small, lightning themed prize (As long as stocks last)
Small, lightning themes prizes could be any one of the following;
Meal Moth // High-Voltage Almonds // Electric Stingers
lightning runestone // storm seeker // Swift volt
Charged Stormcatcher Sackdoll //
Stormcatcher Scrap Metal Welding // Toolbox

Every correct answer will also be entered into a mini raffle.
There will be two potential prizes for each riddle, either a Lightning Egg or a retired Skin/Accent/Apparel/Familiar from last year's TCC.

The winner, who will be draw via Random.org, will be able to choose whether they'd rather have the egg or a retired item.

Large Prizes available:
Lightning Lancer x1 Mesa Mechanojetsx0 Unhatched Lightning Egg

x1 x1 Accent: Dancing Conductor x0

x1 x1 x1

x1 x1 x1

x1 x1 Skin: Circuit Breaker x0

Raffle Tickets Log and Draw History can be found here:

Spread_zpskap2ehmo.png
Self Published Author

[center][img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/Arista_Holmes/pinglist_zpsklnllxa3.png[/img][/center] Kapara, Aquazap222, Oricole, VioletWhirlwind, Darthiel, arashiyama, KraalofBhaga, starrunner101, beargirl1393, felistopaz, Saraceaser, WaffleRocket, CinnabarCobra, RemanLT, Equilux, ThalassaTheBlue, SapphireElegy, Saraceaser, Gemset, Stanzascale, Stanari, Elysadie, MagpieScholar, Daera, LadyKnightKatsa, nubbyshouts, Ragnarok42, Marchhare, BrinBellway, Tyta, Fallenarrow, Stormheart208, pinwheelviper, Kvon, NicoleEirin, KathiraNarae, acheronta, sinousine, Eialyne, SkylineCity, Arietta, ThisOneIsBlue, Azure, SariStar,
pinglist_zpsklnllxa3.png

Kapara, Aquazap222, Oricole, VioletWhirlwind, Darthiel, arashiyama, KraalofBhaga, starrunner101, beargirl1393, felistopaz, Saraceaser, WaffleRocket, CinnabarCobra, RemanLT, Equilux, ThalassaTheBlue, SapphireElegy, Saraceaser, Gemset, Stanzascale, Stanari, Elysadie, MagpieScholar, Daera, LadyKnightKatsa, nubbyshouts, Ragnarok42, Marchhare, BrinBellway, Tyta, Fallenarrow, Stormheart208, pinwheelviper, Kvon, NicoleEirin, KathiraNarae, acheronta, sinousine, Eialyne, SkylineCity, Arietta, ThisOneIsBlue, Azure, SariStar,
Self Published Author

@AristaHolmes

can be added to the pinglist please?
@AristaHolmes

can be added to the pinglist please?
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
First riddle is up, and happy Thundercrack carnivale everyone!!

My Pinglist;
@Kapara, @Aquazap222, @Oricole, @VioletWhirlwind

TCC Hub Pinglist
@SeaGodling @Stanzascale @Tarble @KraalofBhaga @RimeRind @TwistedFlyte @arashiyama @RemanLT

We're officially open! If you'd like to be pinged each time a riddle is posted, let me know and I'll add you to my pinglist on here.
First riddle is up, and happy Thundercrack carnivale everyone!!

My Pinglist;
@Kapara, @Aquazap222, @Oricole, @VioletWhirlwind

TCC Hub Pinglist
@SeaGodling @Stanzascale @Tarble @KraalofBhaga @RimeRind @TwistedFlyte @arashiyama @RemanLT

We're officially open! If you'd like to be pinged each time a riddle is posted, let me know and I'll add you to my pinglist on here.
Self Published Author

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
dNCLmdm.png
Sorry I love riddles.

I'm pondering the airy creatures bit, is that meant to be taken literally? Or what…
Sorry I love riddles.

I'm pondering the airy creatures bit, is that meant to be taken literally? Or what…
dNCLmdm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12